Страница [1
Автор Тема: Career Ranking 13 отговори
Chris Shaw
(Група Pro - 25)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифициран: 
Харесвам това мнение (17)   Не харесвам това мнение (0)
Старо мнение #1 публикувано 24 Юни 2020 г. 10:59:18 Цитат 
So I don't know the best way to do this, but I'd like to see a way to rank players based on their lifetime career to-date. It would naturally favor those who have played longer, but that's a worthy recognition for being a veteran. I suggest the finishing positions of each race are weighted based on Rookie-Elite and then summed up.

Another stat could show the score-per-race too, to show more clearly who the rising stars might be.

Just a thought... it could turn into an ego contest, but that's the fun!
Paul Brosnan
(Група Rookie - 49)

Страна:
Ирландия 
Сертифициран: 
Харесвам това мнение (0)   Не харесвам това мнение (0)
Старо мнение #2 публикувано 24 Юни 2020 г. 11:01:36 Цитат 
Yeah I like that idea. Shouldn't be crazy hard to implement.
David Rolleston1
(Група Master - 1)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифициран: 
Харесвам това мнение (5)   Не харесвам това мнение (0)
Старо мнение #3 публикувано 24 Юни 2020 г. 12:14:57 Цитат 
Chris - there is something similar currently available under 'team points scored' Obviously ignores results for managers that scored when not in a team though.

This ranking is based on overall team points scored and as team points are weighted dependent on group your racing in, kind of does what you ask:

/gb/Stats.asp?type=mostteampoints#scroll

OR can be viewed on Average Team points scored per race, so more beneficial for the players who haven't played as long

/gb/Stats.asp?type=avgteampoints#scroll

Tibor Szuromi
(Група Pro - 20)

Страна:
Унгария 
Сертифициран: 
Харесвам това мнение (1)   Не харесвам това мнение (2)
Старо мнение #4 публикувано 24 Юни 2020 г. 12:25:39 Цитат 
We drown in the statistics.
Chris Shaw
(Група Pro - 25)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифициран: 
Харесвам това мнение (2)   Не харесвам това мнение (0)
Старо мнение #5 публикувано 24 Юни 2020 г. 13:12:50 Цитат 
Thanks David, in this case it's easy to just tweak those stats slightly to include people who have been teamless and then improve the UI slightly so you can filter based on friends, search for managers, and show your own ranking easily. Maybe a filter to remove retired managers too.

And obviously Postlebot is the winner, who'd guess :D
Mikko Heikkinen
(Група Pro - 13)

Страна:
Финландия 
Сертифициран: 
Старо мнение #6 публикувано 24 Юни 2020 г. 13:14:58 Цитат 
Quote ( Chris Shaw @ June 24th 2020,10:59:18 )

So I don't know the best way to do this, but I'd like to see a way to rank players based on their lifetime career to-date. It would naturally favor those who have played longer, but that's a worthy recognition for being a veteran. I suggest the finishing positions of each race are weighted based on Rookie-Elite and then summed up.

Could be achieved using the same method as used for team-points, applying it to all managers and collated into one statistic
Ethan Littlejohns
(Група Master - 3)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифициран: 
Харесвам това мнение (1)   Не харесвам това мнение (0)
Старо мнение #7 публикувано 24 Юни 2020 г. 13:17:00 (редактирано 24 Юни 2020 г. 13:31:09 от Ethan Littlejohns) Цитат 
Quote ( David Rolleston @ June 24th 2020,12:14:57 )

Chris - there is something similar currently available under 'team points scored' Obviously ignores results for managers that scored when not in a team though.

This ranking is based on overall team points scored and as team points are weighted dependent on group your racing in, kind of does what you ask:

/gb/Stats.asp?type=mostteampoints#scroll

OR can be viewed on Average Team points scored per race, so more beneficial for the players who haven't played as long

/gb/Stats.asp?type=avgteampoints#scroll

I think the formulas for team points is fine for the team standings, where a group of amateurs/pros can challenge for the title with well timed planning between them, but isn't a very good way for having a 'career ranking'.

A quick example of that is 1st in amateur and 19th in Elite both score 4 team points but one is much more difficult to achieve than the other.

If there was some sort of career ranking, which I think would be a cool thing to add, it should be based on the entire season's performance rather than race by race in my opinion.

A basic idea for the scoring would be 5th in Rookie and Amateur and 4th in Pro and Master (1 place outside of promotion) score similarly but slightly less than 25th in the tier above (Just above relegation).

I'm not sure what you would do with people who go negative though...

An idea for newer players is then an 'All Time' leaderboard and a 'Recent Form' leaderboard, which could be for the last 10 seasons only.

Edit: Another idea is to have the last season worth 100% of ranking points, and each previous season worth 90% as much as the one after it. That way 5 seasons ago will still have an impact, but it will only be ~60% compared to the latest season.
Michael Keeney
(Група Pro - 24)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифициран: 
Старо мнение #8 публикувано 24 Юни 2020 г. 13:27:03 Цитат 
My hope is vlad can find someone passionate to find what kind of statistics the community want? Maybe that would involve removing some useless stats.

This way we can have a statistics overhaul.

The ones David mentions above is a good indicator who are some of the best team point scorers. However as Ethan rightly points the weighting in each tier doesn't add up. 19th in ammy can be achieved with very little effort. Achieving 19th in elite is incredibly hard for most managers for instance. So the stats don't reflect this.

I dont like any statistic that involves primarily showing the longest managers in the game. I feel this is slightly misleading. Esp now we have energy and what not. Constant game change.

I would set minimum parameters or tiers to achieve to activate a certain stat. Or make the stats quite flexible or put multiple filters in.

That all being said. Also removing known DA data. This could potentially have the downfall that the community will know if an account is categorically caught as a DA. Personally I'd put a DA stamp on any account that's a proven DA. Thats for another discussion lol.
Luke Frost
(Група Rookie - 11)

Страна:
Австралия 
Сертифициран: 
Старо мнение #9 публикувано 24 Юни 2020 г. 13:27:03 Цитат 
His suggestion is more along the lines of a proper ranking formula, not just a statistic. Sure, the rank will be based on the statistics, but it will work to bring it all together and show a lot of things and add an exciting new Element X to the game.

Rank based on:

1: racing performance
a) points per race (perhaps based on team or country points)
b) amount of achievements
c) best season in past 5/10/whatever you think works seasons for recency calculations
d) historical pinnacle reached
e) other special formulas which could include (best debut seasons per group with more weight given to higher groups), (OBR score with new formula per group based on historical or recently historical data)
racing performance score = a + b + c + d + e

2: financial performance
a) highest average profit per race both historically & in recent season
b) highest profit earned from sponsor income
c) average finishing money
d) other special formulas which could include (special formula for driver/td/staff salary vs group vs result over time),
financial performance score = a + b + c + d

3: team/nation performance
a) most points scored for a team over time
b) most points scored for country over time
c) loyalty calculation (1 race = 0.01 for example)
team nation performance = a + b + c

etc etc

Then Overall score = 1 + 2 + 3 or maybe something more complex than that making weight of different successes more important than others.

Just wrote off the top of my head but I'm sure you get the idea I'm thinking.

Would be a great idea and motivator for people stuck in the group/team rank checking status quo.

Good one Chris.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Група Pro - 13)

Страна:
Финландия 
Сертифициран: 
Старо мнение #10 публикувано 24 Юни 2020 г. 13:38:08 Цитат 
Quote ( Michael Keeney @ June 24th 2020,13:27:03 )

However as Ethan rightly points the weighting in each tier doesn't add up. 19th in ammy can be achieved with very little effort. Achieving 19th in elite is incredibly hard for most managers for instance. So the stats don't reflect this.

But the group level is taken into consideration in the points, 19th in amateur does not score the same points as 19th in Elite.

That said, I'm not saying that the teampoints system should be directly applied, just that a similar method could be used. (could even be extended to all 40 positions)

Quote ( Michael Keeney @ June 24th 2020,13:27:03 )

I dont like any statistic that involves primarily showing the longest managers in the game. I feel this is slightly misleading. Esp now we have energy and what not. Constant game change.

Could address that (up to an extent) with introducing also season by season scores.
Michael Keeney
(Група Pro - 24)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифициран: 
Старо мнение #11 публикувано 24 Юни 2020 г. 14:02:02 (редактирано 24 Юни 2020 г. 14:14:11 от Michael Keeney) Цитат 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ June 24th 2020,13:38:08 )

But the group level is taken into consideration in the points, 19th in amateur does not score the same points as 19th in Elite.

Im fully aware Mikko. I figured this was a given. However I was trying to emphasise the team points arent equal but makes the team standings more competitive.

However lets be honest. 40th in Elite is much much harder than 1st in Ammy or Pro in some cases.
Aigars Vitolins
(Група Elite)

Страна:
Латвия 
Сертифициран: 
Старо мнение #12 публикувано 24 Юни 2020 г. 14:20:15 (редактирано 24 Юни 2020 г. 14:21:04 от Aigars Vitolins) Цитат 
In my opinion total Q time by best Q lap /gb/Stats.asp?type=bestqtotaltime#scroll or total FL time /gb/Stats.asp?type=bestrtotaltime#scroll is quite a good approximation for ranking players of their lifetime career
Ethan Littlejohns
(Група Master - 3)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифициран: 
Старо мнение #13 публикувано 24 Юни 2020 г. 14:30:21 Цитат 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ June 24th 2020,13:38:08 )

My comparison was 1st in amateur vs 19th in Elite which does score the same and has the same argument.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Група Pro - 13)

Страна:
Финландия 
Сертифициран: 
Старо мнение #14 публикувано 24 Юни 2020 г. 15:55:59 Цитат 
Quote ( Michael Keeney @ June 24th 2020,14:02:02 )

However lets be honest. 40th in Elite is much much harder than 1st in Ammy or Pro in some cases.

Only in terms of getting there (to Elite), after that it can be even a lot easier.

OTOH 40th in amateur can be a lot harder than 40th in Elite :)
Страница [1

Отговори в тази тема