Página « 1 2 [34 ... 22 23 24 » Ir para página:
Autor Tópico: Rookie - 221 690 respostas
Matti Nousiainen
(Grupo Rookie - 221)

País:
Finlândia 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (0)   Não gosto deste post (0)
Post antigo #61 Postado 27 Mar 2010, 00:19:27 Citar 
Nice rise at the end Erick and Stephen.. also Lukas nice driving for a new comer - maybe your tyre strategy had something to improve.

Danielj, what happened to you after first pitstop? You were driving faster than me at early stage of race, right?

Generally it's nice that Lukas and Emma try to keep the conversation going - it would not hurt if more of us participates to forum ;)
Emma Jones
(Grupo Rookie - 221)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #62 Postado 27 Mar 2010, 17:54:43 Citar 
I definitely agree Matti! Otherwise it's going to be quite a boring old season!

Matti Nousiainen
(Grupo Rookie - 221)

País:
Finlândia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #63 Postado 29 Mar 2010, 14:54:10 Citar 
Alright, we are going to have rainy race tomorrow. Even tho I messed in 2nd qualification, I expect that pitstop tactics will play bigger role than starting position... good luck to race folks
Stephen Munro
(Grupo Rookie - 221)

País:
Escócia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #64 Postado 29 Mar 2010, 19:15:41 Citar 
hi folks,
first off ive noticed myself theres not been much chat here,
in saying that, even when you join a team, that doesnt mean theres loads of talking either. some do.

good luck in this jinks track, rained in season 17 aswell(quite a few times on and off),

agree with you matti, im not too worried about my starting position but pit strategy will be a big issue but dependant on the rain ofcourse.

good luck
Matti Nousiainen
(Grupo Rookie - 221)

País:
Finlândia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #65 Postado 30 Mar 2010, 22:05:34 Citar 
Stephen has been activated too, great :)

Race was as expected, very intresting. Great performance Emma (and working tactic too). Optimal tactic was obviously to start with rain tyres. Without unfortunate tyre punture my single stop tactic would have boosted me even higher. But under theese circumstances I very satisfied to 8th place. Great race.
Danijel Galić
(Grupo Rookie - 221)

País:
Croácia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #66 Postado 31 Mar 2010, 09:37:39 Citar 
Hello I didnt even start in last race.
That is second time these year.
I dont know why is that happening
Haralds Punculis
(Grupo Rookie - 221)

País:
Letónia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #67 Postado 31 Mar 2010, 10:49:22 Citar 
Wow, It`s strange too see some activity in forum :O :D
Matti Nousiainen
(Grupo Rookie - 221)

País:
Finlândia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #68 Postado 31 Mar 2010, 10:57:08 Citar 
Danijel, yes you started normally. However you drove of the track in first corner and then the game was over...

Haralds, I'm sorry if I speak too much in forums - I just think that this game is more entertaining when having some interaction with other players :)
Haralds Punculis
(Grupo Rookie - 221)

País:
Letónia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #69 Postado 31 Mar 2010, 11:03:10 Citar 
I mean that`s strange, cause last season there were no people to talk with. I`m really happy too see some activity. In such manager game such as basketsim.com I was known as biggest groups forum spammer. I had 1200 posts in season :D

Anyway, I`m happy too see some activity in here :)
Danijel Galić
(Grupo Rookie - 221)

País:
Croácia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #70 Postado 31 Mar 2010, 21:43:21 Citar 
Well i have done these qoualifies wery good.
Second didnt go so good but it is OK
Matti Nousiainen
(Grupo Rookie - 221)

País:
Finlândia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #71 Postado 1 Abr 2010, 00:17:44 Citar 
In deed well droven first qualification Danijel. I guess on 2nd qualify you were having heavier fuel load than rest of us or you used too high risk and there fore you got some driver mistake.

Anyway earlier races have proven that if car works at race and if you have decent pitstop tactic, you can win even if you don't start front line :)
Erick Silva
(Grupo Rookie - 221)

País:
Brasil 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #72 Postado 1 Abr 2010, 01:29:44 (editado pela última vêz 1 Abr 2010, 01:32:35 por Erick Silva) Citar 
Quote ( Matti Nousiainen @ March 27th 2010,00:19:27 )

Nice rise at the end Erick and Stephen.. also Lukas nice driving for a new comer - maybe your tyre strategy had something to improve.

Danielj, what happened to you after first pitstop? You were driving faster than me at early stage of race, right?

Generally it's nice that Lukas and Emma try to keep the conversation going - it would not hurt if more of us participates to forum ;)

thanks matti. I'm trying to improve.
I had real bad start, despite three seasons, have much to learn.
Excuse my bad English
Matti Nousiainen
(Grupo Rookie - 221)

País:
Finlândia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #73 Postado 1 Abr 2010, 22:01:01 (editado pela última vêz 1 Abr 2010, 22:13:29 por Matti Nousiainen) Citar 
Erick, I understand very well your point about having experince from earlier seasons and on other hand how much there still is to learn. I have been driving about seven full seasons now - but I didn't gather much data until last season. Also a team that shares settings and fuel/tyre plans with all members is nice extra.

About those drivers who belong a team - do you openly share the settings in you team? Just curious about this because here is couple of drivers who belong to lot higher ranked team than me and yet their performance in races has not reflected better settings than mine..

It will take some time before I have gathered fuel consumptions, max tyre Km:s and optimum settings for every track - and even more time to learn how to adjust settings when temperature/humidity changes (or when it rains). One of the hardest things to learn is finances - in order to win you need to update, but having negative bank balance is negative too :)

Danijel Galić
(Grupo Rookie - 221)

País:
Croácia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #74 Postado 2 Abr 2010, 22:47:28 Citar 
3rd place I can not belive it.

History result - posium.

Congrats to you Matti too
Matti Nousiainen
(Grupo Rookie - 221)

País:
Finlândia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #75 Postado 3 Abr 2010, 09:20:33 Citar 
Thank you. I think it is a bit risky tactic to keep driving with dry tyres, but it worked quite well now that the rain came so late. Congrats to you too Danijel G.
Danijel Galić
(Grupo Rookie - 221)

País:
Croácia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #76 Postado 3 Abr 2010, 11:03:51 Citar 
Tnx
Matti Nousiainen
(Grupo Rookie - 221)

País:
Finlândia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #77 Postado 5 Abr 2010, 09:52:58 Citar 
Just an observation about qualifications. I am little surprised about the slow times in Q2. Heavy fuel loads do not explain the differences - I hope that you guys noticed the rain conditions. It means that you can't drive with same settings in Q1 and Q2...
Haralds Punculis
(Grupo Rookie - 221)

País:
Letónia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #78 Postado 5 Abr 2010, 20:54:47 (editado pela última vêz 5 Abr 2010, 20:55:05 por Haralds Punculis) Citar 
Due to Easter vacation I went into holiday for last 3 days, and my friend did qualify for me-he forgot about rain tyres :@

Anyway, I`m happy about podium in last race :)
Emma Jones
(Grupo Rookie - 221)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #79 Postado 6 Abr 2010, 09:56:14 Citar 
Hello all :]

It is rather a large gap with Q2, perhaps drivers/car setup isnt quite hunky dory in this case for a couple [i very nearly almost forget to change to rain tyres, thank god i didnt!]

Um one comment to put out there. I realise we are a rookie group, but atm there are only currently 20 or so people who have qualified and are looking to race in this race.... aren't there supposed to be around 40? And if so, is there no way the admin cut away the dead wood so we have some new competition come in or anything?

Emma
Matti Nousiainen
(Grupo Rookie - 221)

País:
Finlândia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #80 Postado 6 Abr 2010, 10:14:15 Citar 
Rain tyres are good if it rains :)
Also FWing / RWing/ Engine/ Brakes/ Gear/ Susp settings are different when raining. (but we can't discuss about exact values on public forum due rule 9.1)

Quote ( Emma Jones @ April 6th 2010,09:56:14 )

Um one comment to put out there. I realise we are a rookie group, but atm there are only currently 20 or so people who have qualified and are looking to race in this race.... aren't there supposed to be around 40? And if so, is there no way the admin cut away the dead wood so we have some new competition come in or anything?

Yes, there are about 10 drivers that never raced on this season. My guess is that if new manager join to GPRO, they might start at our group replacing a non-active manager but admins do not actively drop out the "dead wood" :)
Danijel Galić
(Grupo Rookie - 221)

País:
Croácia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #81 Postado 6 Abr 2010, 12:24:54 Citar 
I have been drive on rain tryes but my car is so bad and couldnt get any better time
Stephen Munro
(Grupo Rookie - 221)

País:
Escócia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #82 Postado 6 Abr 2010, 19:58:32 Citar 
alright folks, interesting race coming up, starting way down again! due to a very bad q2 which i cant figure out how, right tyres and everything . strange one, nevermind its happened now just have to get on with it, not looking for too much here
Haralds Punculis
(Grupo Rookie - 221)

País:
Letónia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #83 Postado 6 Abr 2010, 21:35:35 Citar 
emma, you should realise, that we are pretty big and strong group for rookie-there are some rookie groups we`re you can get promotion with 1 point... :)
Matti Nousiainen
(Grupo Rookie - 221)

País:
Finlândia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #84 Postado 6 Abr 2010, 22:25:32 Citar 
congrats on your victory Haralds - great race
Haralds Punculis
(Grupo Rookie - 221)

País:
Letónia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #85 Postado 6 Abr 2010, 22:29:29 Citar 
OMFG, great race! 1st place after epic fail in qualify! This was first time since last year when I watched whole race and I`m really happy now :)
oh, and I really need too find some picture of me tomorrow, I felt a bit sad when I saw question mark instead of my picture on podium :D
Haralds Punculis
(Grupo Rookie - 221)

País:
Letónia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #86 Postado 7 Abr 2010, 21:56:15 Citar 
Just spent $17.669.864 for car... still pretty far til my anti-record $22kk... Oh well...

Matti, what happened with you in Q2?
Matti Nousiainen
(Grupo Rookie - 221)

País:
Finlândia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #87 Postado 7 Abr 2010, 22:36:10 Citar 
Quote ( Haralds Punculis @ April 7th 2010,21:56:15 )

Matti, what happened with you in Q2?

My guess is that we just used different kind of risks or fuel loads - 0.7 sec isn't that much.
Matti Nousiainen
(Grupo Rookie - 221)

País:
Finlândia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #88 Postado 9 Abr 2010, 07:47:37 (editado pela última vêz 9 Abr 2010, 07:48:49 por Matti Nousiainen) Citar 
What are you guys expecting tonight? My guess is that since it seems to be dry tonight, pitstops won't have that big role in this race. Of course if anyone wants to get to podium, lap times should be decent but no useless pitstops either :)
Haralds Punculis
(Grupo Rookie - 221)

País:
Letónia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #89 Postado 9 Abr 2010, 14:24:47 Citar 
I`m on 2 pits :( I hope.... But it should work, so I`m expecting podium [3rd place would be pretty great]
Michael Winkley
(Grupo Rookie - 233)

País:
País de Gales 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #90 Postado 9 Abr 2010, 14:52:01 (editado pela última vêz 9 Abr 2010, 14:53:18 por Michael Winkley) Citar 
Quote ( Matti Nousiainen @ April 1st 2010,22:01:01 )

About those drivers who belong a team - do you openly share the settings in you team?

Yes, but setup varies according to a number of factors, so directly using the setup of another team member will not have the best outcome.
You can spot trends from shared data, and as such, learn the game quicker.
Quote ( Matti Nousiainen @ April 1st 2010,22:01:01 )

One of the hardest things to learn is finances - in order to win you need to update, but having negative bank balance is negative too :)

Start with your driver and factor in a long term training plan. There is no need for instant success as those that promote too early have a tendency to relegate immediately.
Spend time working out how much each part wears during races (it will vary race by race, but you will notice trends). Upgrade your car only when it is necessary in order to actually finish the next race.
Spend less on your facilities and think about which sponsors you should be targeting. Big finances means a lot of competition to sign them; is it worth losing out at the last minute or would you consider that any sponsor is better than no sponsor?

EDIT: The season reset can be useful. Factor it into your long term driver training plan ;)
Página « 1 2 [34 ... 22 23 24 » Ir para página:

Responder a este tópico