Grand Prix Racing Online Fórum > Newbie forum > Successive contract renewals Adicionar este tópico à sua lista de ignorados Adicionar este tópico à sua lista de observados
Página [12 » Ir para página:
Autor Tópico: Successive contract renewals 35 respostas
Marko Stojčev
(Grupo Amateur - 47)

País:
Sérvia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #1 Postado 13 Mar 2010, 01:23:10 (editado pela última vêz 13 Mar 2010, 01:24:17 por Marko Stojčev) Citar 
Is there a limit on consecutive driver's contract renewals?I searched forum on this,and founded one topic saying that ther's no such limit....
However,I don't have the option to extend my driver's contract now,since I did it before last race(+17)...
Of course,my driver is under the OA limit...
Darian Vincent
(Grupo Rookie - 69)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (0)   Não gosto deste post (0)
Post antigo #2 Postado 13 Mar 2010, 01:24:23 Citar 
once the current contract is up you can extend it again
Graham Mercer
(Grupo Rookie - 105)

País:
Austrália 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #3 Postado 13 Mar 2010, 01:25:05 Citar 
I am fairly sure that you are only allowed one extension, giving a maximum of 34 races.
Joe Manifold
(Grupo Rookie - 184)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #4 Postado 13 Mar 2010, 01:27:06 (editado pela última vêz 13 Mar 2010, 01:27:35 por Joe Manifold) Citar 
You can only extend the contract once. When the current contract ends and the new one is established, then you can renew the contract again.

EDIT: One extension per contract.
David Jundt
(Grupo Master - 3)

País:
Suíça 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #5 Postado 13 Mar 2010, 01:27:15 (editado pela última vêz 13 Mar 2010, 01:28:44 por David Jundt) Citar 
Sign him for example for 17 races, give him an extension for 17 races and he stays at least 34 races.

When there are only 17 races left, you can extend it again if you are under the OA limit, and again and again, etc, etc.:P

EDIT: Ah, you didn't mean that.

Well yeah, only one extension per contract, yes.
Paul Cleworth
(Grupo Amateur - 55)

País:
Estados Unidos 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #6 Postado 13 Mar 2010, 01:27:39 Citar 
Yep, that's it, you can only have a maximum of 17 + 17 races at any one time.
Brian Branch
(Grupo Amateur - 24)

País:
Austrália 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #7 Postado 13 Mar 2010, 03:32:33 (editado pela última vêz 13 Mar 2010, 03:34:39 por Brian Branch) Citar 
You can have one active contract extension at a time.

For instance
If a driver has a 17 race contract plus a 13 race extension, then you have to wait until the first 17 races are up before offering an additional extension (assuming OA is still under limit).

Then it'd be 13 race contract plus XX (between 1 & 17) possible extension.

(btw : if you had 1 race contract & 1 race extension then you still are unable to offer a extension until the first contract expires)
Tomas Dederle
(Grupo Rookie - 86)

País:
República Checa 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #8 Postado 3 Abr 2022, 18:59:51 Citar 
Rookie level - I got an expensive driver ex officio so I have signed another one for 17 races...
after two races that new driver´s OA was still under 85, but I was not allowed to extend the contract for another 17 races. there was not such option.
Now with 2 races to go my driver is OA 88 and I was having a plan to get into -15M after the last race to keep him.
But I have also other plan now. I have found another driver who I do like more and want to keep him for few seasons. I have refreshed my memories how to play this game now and I plan to promote to Amateur level next season after reset with this driver I see on the market.

The driver I like is now there with OA78...if I sign him now for 17 races, his contract expires next season two races to go... his OA will be definitely far over 85. So I will be not able to sign him again.

Question:
Should I have no worries, sign him now for 17 races and do extension for another 17 races after his 3rd race - first race next season? Will extension be allowed for me after the race 1?
Or it would be not possible to do an extension in rookies - and I should sign him only for 3 races now and then sign him for another 17 races? If I cannot do extension in rookies, when can I sign new contract? One race before expire or he must leave me and I should sign him again on the market?

Jessica Doyle
(Grupo Rookie - 138)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #9 Postado 3 Abr 2022, 19:04:32 Citar 
As soon as you sign him, extend his contract for another 17 races straight away, then you don’t have to worry about his OA being above the limit for rookie and you can crack on and attack the season
Tomas Dederle
(Grupo Rookie - 86)

País:
República Checa 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #10 Postado 3 Abr 2022, 19:06:56 Citar 
Jessica, I was not able to extend the contract for another 17 races with my driver when he was 82...and then, when he was 85, again I was not able to sign extension...that is why I am asking
Marius Ruţa
(Grupo Amateur - 71)

País:
Romênia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #11 Postado 3 Abr 2022, 19:37:25 Citar 
Hello Tomas, and welcome back.

You can offer contract extensions in Rookie. If you wanted to extend the randomly assigned driver you get when reactivating your account, I think you can't do that.
Tomas Dederle
(Grupo Rookie - 86)

País:
República Checa 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #12 Postado 3 Abr 2022, 19:41:54 Citar 
ok, thank you Marius and Jessica... I am going to bid for a driver with an offer for 17 races...without a fear and doubts now:-)
Ilia Lilov
(Grupo Pro - 2)

País:
Bulgária 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (1)   Não gosto deste post (0)
Post antigo #13 Postado 3 Abr 2022, 20:34:12 Citar 
Just keep in mind that if your driver OA is over 85 at the END of race 17 you will not be able to keep him for next season.
Tomas Dederle
(Grupo Rookie - 86)

País:
República Checa 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #14 Postado 3 Abr 2022, 20:43:49 Citar 
should not be an issue...he will be 78 and 2 races to go... I suppose to gain +3 every next race..so should be 84, I also plan to look after his fitness before last race...
I will be not able to train him now before Sochi, as I get to negative after he signs on Monday (compensation to the current driver)
Ilia Lilov
(Grupo Pro - 2)

País:
Bulgária 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #15 Postado 3 Abr 2022, 20:57:42 Citar 
seems like you have a plan, I have had a mentee being caught out by that though so just a reminder ;)
Florencia Caro
(Grupo Amateur - 58)

Equipe do GPRO
  País:
Argentina 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #16 Postado 3 Abr 2022, 21:54:51 (editado pela última vêz 3 Abr 2022, 22:11:46 por Florencia Caro) Citar 
Quote ( Tomas Dederle @ April 3rd 2022,18:59:51 )

after two races that new driver´s OA was still under 85, but I was not allowed to extend the contract for another 17 races. there was not such option.

This is extremely odd. Options are that there was a bug (highly unlikely) or that you were not looking at the right place/your driver was already re-signed/some other human mistake on your end.

It would have been a good idea to ask for help ASAP, just to discard a bug or a PICNIC problem :)

Should I have no worries, sign him now for 17 races and do extension for another 17 races after his 3rd race - first race next season? Will extension be allowed for me after the race 1?

Why not re-signing the driver at the moment of hiring it? Let's assume re-signing works just fine, it'd let you put your re-signing fee on this season's budget instead of next's.

Also, are you considering other re-sign options other than 17? If you want to keep the driver for a relatively long term, re-signing early in the season has its benefits :)
David Andrewartha
(Grupo Amateur - 38)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #17 Postado 3 Abr 2022, 22:09:59 (editado pela última vêz 3 Abr 2022, 22:15:30 por David Andrewartha) Citar 

I've never had this problem in the past, it's been a while since I was in Rookie so I don't know if the rules have changed. I doubt whether you would be unable to extend a driver's contract if he was within OA limits though as training a driver to progress and promote with is quite a big part of the game for some managers. Possibly a bug or something you've missed?

Edit: Sorry if this is a dumb question Flo but what does "PICNIC" stand for, is it similar to "PEBCAK"?
Mike Bennett
(Grupo Pro - 12)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (3)   Não gosto deste post (0)
Post antigo #18 Postado 3 Abr 2022, 22:17:44 Citar 
Quote ( Tomas Dederle @ April 3rd 2022,19:06:56 )

Jessica, I was not able to extend the contract for another 17 races with my driver when he was 82...and then, when he was 85, again I was not able to sign extension...that is why I am asking

Just to be clear ...you did look at the Driver contract page ?

/gb/DriverContract.asp

The contract extension is not available on the training or profile pages, it has its own page.

Page Options:- Driver profile - Driver training - Driver contract

David Andrewartha
(Grupo Amateur - 38)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #19 Postado 3 Abr 2022, 22:19:06 Citar 
I think you've nailed it Mike.
Tomas Dederle
(Grupo Rookie - 86)

País:
República Checa 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #20 Postado 3 Abr 2022, 23:23:09 Citar 
Quote ( Mike Bennett @ April 3rd 2022,22:17:44 )

Quote ( Tomas Dederle @ April 3rd 2022,19:06:56

The contract extension is not available on the training or profile pages, it has its own page.

Page Options:- Driver profile - Driver training - Driver contrac

thanks..this was exactly my problem.. solved :-)
Chris Shaw
(Grupo Pro - 9)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (3)   Não gosto deste post (0)
Post antigo #21 Postado 3 Abr 2022, 23:45:16 Citar 
Quote ( David Andrewartha @ April 3rd 2022,22:09:59 )

Edit: Sorry if this is a dumb question Flo but what does "PICNIC" stand for, is it similar to "PEBCAK"?

Problem in chair. Not in computer.
Keith Partridge
(Grupo Amateur - 51)

País:
País de Gales 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #22 Postado 3 Abr 2022, 23:53:52 Citar 
Quote ( Chris Shaw @ April 3rd 2022,23:45:16 )

Quote ( David Andrewartha @ April 3rd 2022,22:09:59 )

Problem in chair. Not in computer.

I was always told " the problem is between the keyboard and the back of the chair" but I like PICNIC
David Andrewartha
(Grupo Amateur - 38)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #23 Postado 4 Abr 2022, 00:23:34 Citar 
Thanks Chris and Keith, and yes, same as PEBCAK, problem exists between chair and keyboard!
Joscha Büllesbach
(Grupo Elite)

País:
Alemanha 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #24 Postado 4 Abr 2022, 01:27:45 Citar 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ April 3rd 2022,21:54:51 )

Why not re-signing the driver at the moment of hiring it? Let's assume re-signing works just fine, it'd let you put your re-signing fee on this season's budget instead of next's.

Stat managment should be considered I guess.
Guillermo Iborra
(Grupo Amateur - 26)

País:
Espanha 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #25 Postado 7 Abr 2022, 18:27:30 Citar 
Can anyone help me on how to reduce the motivation to lower the OA level so that I can renew the pilot's contract? My current driver has an OA 148 and motivation at 247 and he only has 5 races left on his contract. I'm planning to move up to Pro this week after the last race, so I would need to leave OA at 135 to be able to renew my contract at the start of Season 87.
Niels Van Heijster
(Grupo Pro - 20)

País:
Holanda 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #26 Postado 7 Abr 2022, 18:37:07 Citar 
Quote ( Guillermo Iborra @ April 7th 2022,18:27:30 )

Can anyone help me on how to reduce the motivation to lower the OA level so that I can renew the pilot's contract? My current driver has an OA 148 and motivation at 247 and he only has 5 races left on his contract. I'm planning to move up to Pro this week after the last race, so I would need to leave OA at 135 to be able to renew my contract at the start of Season 87.

You won't be able to, or you shouldn't, get full answers via the forum pages. But essentially, if you know what influences MOT positively, you should be able to deduct what gets it down ;)
Ricardo Antunes
(Grupo Amateur - 28)

País:
Portugal 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #27 Postado 7 Abr 2022, 18:40:29 Citar 
Quote ( Guillermo Iborra @ April 7th 2022,18:27:30 )

You just need to think what would make your driver be really really really sad?

If you were the driver and not the manager, what would make you happy regarding the manager's decisions and how the race goes? If you think and try stuff out, you should get the answer.

Perhaps some of your groupmates are doing what you want to do as well... see if that might be the case!
Guillermo Iborra
(Grupo Amateur - 26)

País:
Espanha 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #28 Postado 7 Abr 2022, 18:49:13 Citar 
I thought I knew, but conditions seem to have changed. Before, two or three bad races (finishing behind the final position of 25th) were enough to halve her motivation and, with it, the OA. But now the motivation doesn't drop as much, and I don't know if there is another method.
Marcelo Ascencio
(Grupo Master - 2)

País:
Argentina 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #29 Postado 7 Abr 2022, 19:27:18 Citar 
Quote ( Guillermo Iborra @ April 7th 2022,18:49:13 )

I thought I knew, but conditions seem to have changed. Before, two or three bad races (finishing behind the final position of 25th) were enough to halve her motivation and, with it, the OA. But now the motivation doesn't drop as much, and I don't know if there is another method.
Well it's a game where there are other live players too.. driver may feel happy sometimes to finish behind the pack when conditions are not for him to be better, just like a real driver, if you give Leclerc the ferrari and he ends up 8th, he might not be happy but if you give Latifi a Red Bull and he ends up 3rd he probably will end up not bad at all..
Mike Bennett
(Grupo Pro - 12)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #30 Postado 7 Abr 2022, 22:07:14 Citar 
Quote ( Guillermo Iborra @ April 7th 2022,18:49:13 )

Hi @Guillermo Iborra (A26)

From what I can see, you have to push in this last race to guarantee finishing higher than Maria Pazos, who has 1 point less in 4th place. (although you will probably still promote from the 'Additional promotions' :- /gb/AllPromotions.asp?Class=Amateur

So that leaves you with 4 races next season, and you will have to extend after race 3. You need to drop 13 OA ideally a tad more and this can easily be done in the first 3 races.

Current OA = 148 - 135 = 13

Have a look at my last race strategy to see what I did to max the reduction in OA points, if you still need help you can drop me a message for a fuller explanation :)
Página [12 » Ir para página:
Grand Prix Racing Online Fórum > Newbie forum > Successive contract renewals Adicionar este tópico à sua lista de ignorados Adicionar este tópico à sua lista de observados

Responder a este tópico