Grand Prix Racing Online Fórum > Newbie forum > New comer survival guide to GPRO Adicionar este tópico à sua lista de ignorados Adicionar este tópico à sua lista de observados
Página « 1 [23 ... 16 17 18 » Ir para página:
Autor Tópico: New comer survival guide to GPRO 538 respostas
Serge Girard
(Grupo Rookie - 85)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (2)   Não gosto deste post (1)
Post antigo #31 Postado 3 Nov 2011, 20:26:59 Citar 
I would also like to bring to the attention of all the new managers this great work by Mark Webster. It nicely complement what you can find in the Game Rules/FAQ/Newbie Guide/Wiki.

https://docs.google.com/present/view?id=0ARnZDK4PQDrSZGdrZ2Q...
Michael Ivanov
(Grupo Rookie - 56)

País:
Ucrânia 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (4)   Não gosto deste post (27)
Post antigo #32 Postado 3 Nov 2011, 23:13:25 Citar 
Don't you think that you have to achieve some results in this game not to call yourself a Noob before advising to someone what to do? Aren't you supposed to gain some experience first?
You couldn't even manage to stay in amateur... Pfff You shouldn't spend time writing a newbie guides like this, better go and learn your data to show more improved results in the game and become an experienced manager.

Now I'm done :) Sorry no offense. That's only my opinion.
Jonathan MacLean
(Grupo Amateur - 43)

País:
Escócia 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (7)   Não gosto deste post (1)
Post antigo #33 Postado 3 Nov 2011, 23:39:59 Citar 
Quote ( Michael Ivanov @ November 3rd 2011,23:13:25 )

Don't you think that you have to achieve some results in this game not to call yourself a Noob before advising to someone what to do? Aren't you supposed to gain some experience first?
You couldn't even manage to stay in amateur... Pfff You shouldn't spend time writing a newbie guides like this, better go and learn your data to show more improved results in the game and become an experienced manager.

Now I'm done :) Sorry no offense. That's only my opinion.

Your opinion is VERY flawed.

He has experience. He has promoted and discovered its harder up there than meets the eye.

What's brilliant about this guide is it warns players that this is no easy game. And the fact it's written by a newbie, makes it easier to read than some over complicated tosh by a dude who's spent all their time in elite.
Mark Wright
(Grupo Amateur - 52)

País:
Escócia 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (6)   Não gosto deste post (1)
Post antigo #34 Postado 3 Nov 2011, 23:40:22 Citar 
Quote ( Michael Ivanov @ November 3rd 2011,23:13:25 )

Why do you need to reach the upper echelons before you're 'allowed' to help out out noobs?

Get a grip of yerself.
Serge Girard
(Grupo Rookie - 85)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (9)   Não gosto deste post (1)
Post antigo #35 Postado 4 Nov 2011, 00:33:33 Citar 
Dear Michael,

It is not like I am advertizing that I hold the secret to get to Elite and you only have to send some money so I share it with you!

Am I still learning the ropes? Of course I am. Didn't I make that clear already?

But after a few season, I am starting to see patterns in the way new players struggle with the game. I thought I would share this with whoever wants to know.

But enough about me. Let's talk about you. You made it to Pro...a long time ago and now you are back. Care to share some of your wisdom with your fellow managers? Look at them: they are eager to hear what you have to say. Go ahead! Enlighten us. :)
Cale Murray
(Grupo Master - 1)

País:
Austrália 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (4)   Não gosto deste post (1)
Post antigo #36 Postado 4 Nov 2011, 00:36:28 Citar 
Quote ( Serge Girard @ November 4th 2011,00:33:33 )

Am I still learning the ropes?

aren't we all that is what makes this game good always learning

i think a pretty good read serge

PJ Bowler
(Grupo Pro - 2)

País:
Nova Zelândia 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (5)   Não gosto deste post (1)
Post antigo #37 Postado 4 Nov 2011, 00:48:14 Citar 

Am I still learning the ropes?

Quote ( Cale Murray @ November 4th 2011,00:36:28 )

aren't we all that is what makes this game good always learning

100% agreed

But after a few season, I am starting to see patterns in the way new players struggle with the game. I thought I would share this with whoever wants to know.

I think this is a really good point Serge

And i think the fact you made the time and effort to do this is really superb.....

I also agree with JM

Quote ( Jonathan MacLean @ November 2nd 2011,21:33:15 )

I'd sticky this personally.

and preferably on the main page so the noobs don't have to go looking for it.......
Aliana Svolas
(Grupo Amateur - 11)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #38 Postado 4 Nov 2011, 00:50:38 Citar 
Quote ( Michael Ivanov @ November 3rd 2011,13:34:21 )

And the "newbie guide" is writing a person who has no driver at the beginning of the season in Rookie, and already spent 3.000.000 before the first race. Interesting?!

if you're getting your underwear in a knot over 3 million, your head would explode if you knew all the weird stuff I did in rookie last season
Serge Girard
(Grupo Rookie - 85)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #39 Postado 4 Nov 2011, 17:35:46 Citar 
Quote ( PJ Bowler @ November 4th 2011,00:48:14 )

I also agree with JM

Quote ( Jonathan MacLean @ November 2nd 2011,21:33:15 )

I'd sticky this personally.

and preferably on the main page so the noobs don't have to go looking for it.......

I guess it is up to the administrators?
Pauli Käkelä
(Grupo Amateur - 10)

País:
Finlândia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #40 Postado 4 Nov 2011, 17:51:35 Citar 
Had a look at this and I'd recommend this to every new player, nice work :)
Shoaib Mohamed
(Grupo Pro - 13)

País:
Índia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #41 Postado 4 Nov 2011, 21:24:56 Citar 
Good guide this![/slybumptokeepitontoptillitsstickied]
Kaur Sirel
(Grupo Pro - 16)

País:
Estônia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #42 Postado 4 Nov 2011, 21:32:20 Citar 
Well done, good guide!
Martin Jones
(Grupo Pro - 10)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #43 Postado 4 Nov 2011, 21:32:54 Citar 
Well Done :)
Luc Segers
(Grupo Rookie - 277)

País:
Bélgica 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #44 Postado 4 Nov 2011, 23:12:57 Citar 
Marvelous piece of writing and information. Congratulations on this Serge, but here comes my cynical part now. Sadly enough this will not be read by those who should read it, the ones that have such a enormous ego, they think they know it all, and are that clever that all advise is intended for lesser people then them.
My God, i wish there was a way we could oblige people to read this before starting to play the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Paul Creutz
(Grupo Rookie - 129)

País:
Suécia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #45 Postado 25 Nov 2011, 20:01:26 Citar 
Just started playing and had a lot of help (but not too much..) from the guide. well writen, thank you for the time and effort you put in to it.

Cheers mate!
Marius Bernhold
(Grupo Rookie - 44)

País:
Holanda 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #46 Postado 14 Dec 2011, 12:32:36 Citar 
Great post, Serge
Keri Lovell
(Grupo Master - 1)

País:
País de Gales 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (1)   Não gosto deste post (1)
Post antigo #47 Postado 14 Dec 2011, 12:40:25 Citar 
Really is an excellent post, and Im not BUMPING because that is against the rules :-p
Shoaib Mohamed
(Grupo Pro - 13)

País:
Índia 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (3)   Não gosto deste post (3)
Post antigo #48 Postado 14 Dec 2011, 13:05:40 Citar 
Quote ( Shoaib Mohamed @ November 4th 2011,21:24:56 )

Good guide this![/slybumptokeepitontoptillitsstickied]
Keri Lovell
(Grupo Master - 1)

País:
País de Gales 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (3)   Não gosto deste post (3)
Post antigo #49 Postado 14 Dec 2011, 13:15:35 Citar 
We seem to have our resident downthumber, I can only shed green on everyones posts to combat...
Jed Lilly
(Grupo Amateur - 42)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (1)   Não gosto deste post (10)
Post antigo #50 Postado 14 Dec 2011, 13:26:48 (editado pela última vêz 14 Dec 2011, 13:27:47 por Jed Lilly) Citar 
Quote ( Keri Lovell @ December 14th 2011,13:15:35 )

We seem to have our resident downthumber, I can only shed green on everyones posts to combat...

Yeah, post #6 only had 5 thumbs down last time I looked.

btw I wrote my own n00b guide yesterday but it has too much FOBY to be given to anybody other than the team.

E- Keri I gave you thumbs down for breaking the first rule of thumb(s), do not talk about thumbs.
Lee Harding
(Grupo Amateur - 38)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (2)   Não gosto deste post (2)
Post antigo #51 Postado 14 Dec 2011, 13:43:29 (editado pela última vêz 14 Dec 2011, 13:44:24 por Lee Harding) Citar 
Quote ( Keri Lovell @ December 14th 2011,13:15:35 )

The only guy without a thumb down is sho maybe he is the mysterious thumb downer :). His others have but he obviously missed his latest one when thumbing down everyone elses today :)

EDIT Its post #48 just incase it gets a thumb down after someone (Sho) reads this :).
Michael Keeney
(Grupo Master - 2)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (4)   Não gosto deste post (6)
Post antigo #52 Postado 14 Dec 2011, 14:01:27 (editado pela última vêz 14 Dec 2011, 14:10:08 por Michael Keeney) Citar 
Quote ( Serge Girard @ November 2nd 2011,21:27:05 )

1. You are expected to read all the information that is provided to you: Game rules, Newbie Guide and Wiki. If you come asking a question whose answer is explicitly written in one of those, you can expect some nasty comments from other managers. I would recommend that you not only read it all, but also that you take the test and get your certification. Here is the link: /gb/CertTest.asp

When your get certified, you show that you care about the game, that you understand that it requires a lot of learning and that you are willing to do your part. Then, when you ask for help, you run a better chance to have you call answered.

Disagree. I would recc anyone to hold off before doing the cert test and use the cash more wisely. Esp since you will most likely pass first time later on during the game. Dont go at the cert test like a bull in a china shop. Wait let it mature and use it at the right time. Maybe when your about to first join a decent team. cover joining costs.

Other than that its a pretty decent starter for the game. As Serge said he is still learning himself. But certainly listening to his advice you can go places.

We are a friendly bunch of ppl and the right PM's put across in the right manner and showing that you want to learn and we can offer advice. What I personally wont stand for and im sure others are the same is. If you just ask for answers off the bat. Not introducing yourself. Or even saying hello. I wont just offer over any advice willy nilly but I will certainly help you get the answers you can get for yourself.

The best advice I can offer however is be a supporter. Some cant afford it no. But this way all your data is saved so when you jknow what your doing you have everything you need to perfect your game and get to Elite.

No team is better than a bad team. So take a note of the members of teams. How active they are, how much they post, what level they have achieved etc. Mostly a team members response can tell you everything.

Most of all try and enjoy yourself and have fun. But this isnt an easy game as you will find. You get out of it what you put in and some of us put in some long hrs to get top results and be the best and even then we may just be good enough to have a stint in Elite.

Good luck

Edit: Re-read this and didnt give enough credit to Serge. It is a great guide for new members. What I like about this is you are basically mentioning the principles in how to come across within the game etc rather than telling them how to get results. You do it in an informative manner that is understandable and clear. Well done

Edit: Edit: 2 thumbs down. Sweet I just love game.
Shoaib Mohamed
(Grupo Pro - 13)

País:
Índia 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (1)   Não gosto deste post (2)
Post antigo #53 Postado 14 Dec 2011, 15:44:48 Citar 
Quote ( Lee Harding @ December 14th 2011,13:43:29 )

The only guy without a thumb down is sho maybe he is the mysterious thumb downer :). His others have but he obviously missed his latest one when thumbing down everyone elses today :)

EDIT Its post #48 just incase it gets a thumb down after someone (Sho) reads this :).

Hmmm...

*checks room for spycams*
*checks PC for spyware*
William Irons
(Grupo Amateur - 14)

País:
Estados Unidos 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (0)   Não gosto deste post (0)
Post antigo #54 Postado 14 Dec 2011, 18:04:00 Citar 
Quote ( Michael Keeney @ December 14th 2011,14:01:27 )

Disagree. I would recc anyone to hold off before doing the cert test and use the cash more wisely. Esp since you will most likely pass first time later on during the game. Dont go at the cert test like a bull in a china shop. Wait let it mature and use it at the right time. Maybe when your about to first join a decent team. cover joining costs.

Beware you need to take the test before completing your first 17 races however.
Ron Lefebvre
(Grupo Amateur - 53)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (3)   Não gosto deste post (0)
Post antigo #55 Postado 14 Dec 2011, 23:16:30 Citar 
Quote ( Serge Girard @ November 4th 2011,17:35:46 )

I guess it is up to the administrators?

It's Good to be the King !
Serge Girard
(Grupo Amateur - 22)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (1)   Não gosto deste post (0)
Post antigo #56 Postado 8 Jan 2012, 05:27:04 Citar 
To all the new managers: even if it is not good form to promote oneself, here is a little something I wrote for the newcomers and that was well received by both new and experienced players. Hope it can help.
Alan Milligan
(Grupo Amateur - 40)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #57 Postado 8 Jan 2012, 06:01:43 (editado pela última vêz 8 Jan 2012, 06:02:15 por Alan Milligan) Citar 
Quote ( Serge Girard @ January 8th 2012,05:27:04 )

here is a little something I wrote for the newcomers

Highly recomended for any new managers! (along with the game rules, FAQ, newbie guide, and wiki)
Ron Lefebvre
(Grupo Amateur - 53)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #58 Postado 8 Jan 2012, 08:08:18 Citar 
This guide is a deffinet read for any newcomer to the game! There are alot of good and bad pointers by players of GPRO, this post is nothing but good !!!!
Pål Göran Stensson
(Grupo Pro - 12)

País:
Suécia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #59 Postado 8 Jan 2012, 08:52:27 Citar 
I suggest someone add a link to this thread to the "Newbie Top Tips" of the wiki so Serge don't have to bump the thread. It is all-in-all more helpful than most of the stuff on there anyways.
Cesar Pereira
(Grupo Rookie - 200)

País:
Portugal 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #60 Postado 9 Jan 2012, 19:09:06 Citar 
I agree with all of the above, specially with Serge for compiling all this info for newcomers.
As a newbie to this type of game I find very difficult the lack of tips like in any other games alike, i.e. if you're looking for a new driver look for ..... Talent, OA, Experience and so on following this order but based on experience of players that have been and still are around. If Im looking for a driver i dont have a clue what is the best to start with, and like many others just pick a random driver and of we go. I think this game overall still has many grey areas that can be tuned to a better understanding to all playing it but above all to the new starters.
Página « 1 [23 ... 16 17 18 » Ir para página:
Grand Prix Racing Online Fórum > Newbie forum > New comer survival guide to GPRO Adicionar este tópico à sua lista de ignorados Adicionar este tópico à sua lista de observados

Responder a este tópico