Página « 1 2 3 ... 5 [67 ... 44 45 46 » Ir para página:
Autor Tópico: GPRO price change 1372 respostas
John Slevin
(Grupo Rookie - 261)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (10)   Não gosto deste post (0)
Post antigo #151 Postado 12 Set 2015, 21:33:01 Citar 
I don't know what the big deal is a few cents increase wow
what is wrong with paying a little for something you like
Martti Kaasik
(Grupo Rookie - 294)

País:
Estônia 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (1)   Não gosto deste post (0)
Post antigo #152 Postado 12 Set 2015, 21:33:10 Citar 
Quote ( Kuba Szajbel @ September 12th 2015,21:27:11 )

Quote ( Martti Kaasik @ September 12th 2015,21:25:14 )

Really horrible news... You pay from season 50 about 4€ per month instead of 3,2€ how about your chocolate

Prices going up you like it or not. All you can do is adapt or complain and adapt.
No one forces me to buy or eat chocolate I do it cause I like it. Same is with GPRO.
Lee Downing
(Grupo Rookie - 134)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (4)   Não gosto deste post (0)
Post antigo #153 Postado 12 Set 2015, 21:33:40 Citar 
Stop moaning either pay it or don't is it such a big deal?
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupo Master - 4)

País:
Finlândia 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (0)   Não gosto deste post (0)
Post antigo #154 Postado 12 Set 2015, 21:36:45 (editado pela última vêz 12 Set 2015, 21:41:09 por Mikko Heikkinen) Citar 
Quote ( Kuba Szajbel @ September 12th 2015,21:20:21 )

should announce that from now on th winners of mt10, ebg and community awards will win equivalent of 1 season's sup, that is 8,5 euro! people like good news and everyone would be happy

Nice spin :)

Anyways, thanks Vlad for putting the announcement in place in advance.
Alexei Malkin
(Grupo Master - 1)

País:
Federação Russa 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #155 Postado 12 Set 2015, 21:45:34 Citar 
Plus rouble is droping... Russian supporters will not be a lot.
Robert Ardelean
(Grupo Pro - 16)

País:
Romênia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #156 Postado 12 Set 2015, 21:47:54 Citar 
Am I seriously the only one who is not affected at all by this?I never used supporter and will never do it, there are plenty other ways to save your data and become a champion without using supporter at all.

The only thing I would use supporter for is to have race live commentary to find out immediately why my driver pitted for all sorts of mechanical problems and to find out what is the car part that causes me to smoke...But, you can find those after race as well, so... :)

Lee Ifans
(Grupo Master - 3)

País:
Venezuela 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (2)   Não gosto deste post (0)
Post antigo #157 Postado 12 Set 2015, 21:49:04 Citar 
Quote ( John Slevin @ September 12th 2015,21:33:01 )

I don't know what the big deal is a few cents increase wow
what is wrong with paying a little for something you like

This is a way too rational and common sense viewpoint for this thread.
Rafał Kwaśny
(Grupo Amateur - 83)

País:
Polônia 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (1)   Não gosto deste post (1)
Post antigo #158 Postado 12 Set 2015, 22:06:53 Citar 
I just wonder if it will good for gpro crew economically. Probably, higher prices = less supporters. We'll see.
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupo Pro - 21)

Equipe do GPRO
  País:
Escócia 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (3)   Não gosto deste post (1)
Post antigo #159 Postado 12 Set 2015, 22:08:03 Citar 
Quote ( Robert Ardelean @ September 12th 2015,21:47:54 )

Am I seriously the only one who is not affected at all by this?I never used supporter and will never do it, there are plenty other ways to save your data and become a champion without using supporter at all.

The only thing I would use supporter for is to have race live commentary to find out immediately why my driver pitted for all sorts of mechanical problems and to find out what is the car part that causes me to smoke...But, you can find those after race as well, so... :)

Disappointing that some people only view them like that and not contributing to a game you enjoy but either way, it is and always will be a choice to support or not.

And the live race commentary wouldn't help with thay, by the way lol
Michael Keeney
(Grupo Pro - 20)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #160 Postado 12 Set 2015, 22:14:12 Citar 
Teams should be allowed access to team forum with 50% of supporters in team since this change. I truly believe there will be a drop in subscriptions. If that amount is more than 20% of current subscribers then the site won't gain anything :-(
Matt Kasar
(Grupo Amateur - 59)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (17)   Não gosto deste post (0)
Post antigo #161 Postado 12 Set 2015, 22:14:47 Citar 
The main thing for me is that you don't have to pay to play at a competitive level.
The payment is for convenience, not advantage, therefore it's fairly irrelevant how much the payment is.
I play a some other online games which require investment to be competitive and believe this is bullshit.
I am happy to support the game, it's developers and all because the way they do business is in line with my own philosophies

The amount per race, at least when we are talking about a few cents, is utterly irrelevant

Thanks for making this game
Thanks for making it free to play for everyone
I will continue to support as I believe you deserve it

Long Live Gpro!!!
Steffen Holm
(Grupo Amateur - 63)

País:
Dinamarca 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (14)   Não gosto deste post (0)
Post antigo #162 Postado 12 Set 2015, 22:25:36 Citar 
Been here for awhile now, and I can't imagine playing without paying.

I've supported this game since I started, and I expect to do it until the end.

This game is unique of its kind, and it's still worth all the money.

Long live GPRO :)
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupo Master - 4)

País:
Finlândia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #163 Postado 12 Set 2015, 22:27:49 Citar 
Quote ( Dave Sunderland @ September 12th 2015,19:23:12 )

I dont have a problem with the Supporter status.

But getting a team with 6 supporters is hard right now,, maybe the Admin should drop that down to 5 ?

Just a thought.

Quote ( Michael Keeney @ September 12th 2015,22:14:12 )

Teams should be allowed access to team forum with 50% of supporters in team since this change.

I do think that is something worth considering
Robert Ardelean
(Grupo Pro - 16)

País:
Romênia 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (2)   Não gosto deste post (6)
Post antigo #164 Postado 12 Set 2015, 22:33:36 (editado pela última vêz 12 Set 2015, 22:35:18 por Robert Ardelean) Citar 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ September 12th 2015,22:08:03 )

Quote ( Robert Ardelean @ September 12th 2015,21:47:54 )

Disappointing that some people only view them like that and not contributing to a game you enjoy but either way, it is and always will be a choice to support or not.

And the live race commentary wouldn't help with thay, by the way lol

Well this change is a step in the wrong direction, in my opinion.And it has already been explained here why.

The game can improve in SO MANY other ways rather than this change of price.You can make so many changes and juggle with so many things to make it more attractive, like changing the overall of drivers and tehnical directors for each levels, multiple tyre choice in Rookie and Amateur groups, tehnical directors in Rookie and Amateur groups, new tyre suppliers, changing radically the tyre performances once a few seasons(and I don't mean here adding 1 durability and lowering the price by 100.000$, things that can barely be noticeable...)Really, there are tons of things to make this game more attractive, and then, WITH THOSE CHANGES, you can introduce this idea of increasing the price and we'll see a different reaction here.But because the game remained pretty much the same since I joined(almost 9 seasons ago), then this change of price is not worth it at the moment.

I understand that the inflation and all other stuffs make this game be more expensive to run as years pass by, but please, do some changes in the game as well to be worth these changes of prices to make this game run smoothly...And then, maybe I, along with a good number of people, will start paying for supporter as well...
Florencia Caro
(Grupo Master - 1)

Equipe do GPRO
  País:
Argentina 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #165 Postado 12 Set 2015, 22:40:01 Citar 
Quote ( Robert Ardelean @ September 12th 2015,22:33:36 )

like changing the overall of drivers and tehnical directors for each levels, multiple tyre choice in Rookie and Amateur groups, tehnical directors in Rookie and Amateur groups, new tyre suppliers, changing radically the tyre performances once a few seasons(and I don't mean here adding 1 durability and lowering the price by 100.000$, things that can barely be noticable...

Not exactly what we are discussing in this topic, but I wonder if you notice the type of changes you are pointing out would cause some serious unbalance to the game, even bigger than the current problem we have (older players all in the higher levels and newer players being less, not learning enough to level up to compete at Ama)

I can't imagine anything but a shorter life cycle for the game if it gets that sort of changes introduced.
Peter Willmore
(Grupo Amateur - 46)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #166 Postado 12 Set 2015, 22:47:16 Citar 
well everything in #1634 would pretty much be the quickest way to kill the game IMO

Veres Tamás
(Grupo Amateur - 110)

País:
Hungria 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (2)   Não gosto deste post (28)
Post antigo #167 Postado 12 Set 2015, 22:52:59 (editado pela última vêz 12 Set 2015, 22:57:08 por Veres Tamás) Citar 
Must be an advantage if somebody pay...because if not, there is no point to pay...and the currently advantages are unnecessary...for example: race commentator.. you can ask somebody, who write you this (If you had start accident for example)

So must be real advantage:
If you pay support credits= 50% less chance of randoms/start accident OR max 1 random for in all season...so this is only a guarantee, and certainly it redound more supporter :)
If you don't pay, you You will not be at a disadvantage, maybe you won't get a random all season...

I think, that's a good idea and would be more supporter.

If you don't agree, pls not give me dislike, rather write arguments
Robert Ardelean
(Grupo Pro - 16)

País:
Romênia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #168 Postado 12 Set 2015, 22:54:13 Citar 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ September 12th 2015,22:40:01 )

like changing the overall of drivers and tehnical directors for each levels, multiple tyre choice in Rookie and Amateur groups, tehnical directors in Rookie and Amateur groups, new tyre suppliers, changing radically the tyre performances once a few seasons(and I don't mean here adding 1 durability and lowering the price by 100.000$, things that can barely be noticable...
Not exactly what we are discussing in this topic, but I wonder if you notice the type of changes you are pointing out would cause some serious unbalance to the game, even bigger than the current problem we have (older players all in the higher levels and newer players being less, not learning enough to level up to compete at Ama)

I can't imagine anything but a shorter life cycle for the game if it gets that sort of changes introduced.
Quote ( Peter Willmore @ September 12th 2015,22:47:16 )

well everything in #1634 would pretty much be the quickest way to kill the game IMO

I don't mind you are against my oppinion.I just expressed my point of view at the current situation.Everyone is free to express its own point of view.
Florencia Caro
(Grupo Master - 1)

Equipe do GPRO
  País:
Argentina 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (3)   Não gosto deste post (0)
Post antigo #169 Postado 12 Set 2015, 22:59:26 Citar 
Nobody said anything about your opinion, we just expressed ours the same way you expressed yours. That those happen to be opposite is not an attack to any freedom, Robert :)
Peter Willmore
(Grupo Amateur - 46)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #170 Postado 12 Set 2015, 23:06:16 Citar 
Veres that would make it a pay to win game which quite frankly lead to a mass exodus :)

Quote ( Robert Ardelean @ September 12th 2015,22:54:13 )

I don't mind you are against my oppinion.I just expressed my point of view at the current situation.Everyone is free to express its own point of view.

Fair play and changes to the game are one thing but they have to be balanced and to the benefit over all :)

Just to expand a little

Multiple tyre choice in rookie and ammy - For example imagine newbies all picking bridgerocks etc the same way as they do with paying massive salaries :)
I could see an argument for maybe in ammy having another tyre similiar price to Pipi's with different stats

Radically changing tyres every few seasons - this is a long term management game and this goes totally against the ethos for that :)
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupo Pro - 21)

Equipe do GPRO
  País:
Escócia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #171 Postado 12 Set 2015, 23:07:12 (editado pela última vêz 12 Set 2015, 23:08:22 por Kevin Parkinson) Citar 

I understand that the inflation and all other stuffs make this game be more expensive to run as years pass by, but please, do some changes in the game as well to be worth these changes of prices to make this game run smoothly...And then, maybe I, along with a good number of people, will start paying for supporter as well...

Just a reminder that the game is free, as you mentioned yourself earlier :)

And if you don't wish to support the game you enjoy, then that is your right and that's fine - I have a different view but, as Matt just nicely described, a massive selling point of this game is that it's not pay to win - but it can't be all that bad if you continue to play it :)

I won't go in to discussing specific suggestions you've mentioned here, as this really isn't the place for it and would just sideline the discussion, but just because you think something would be a worthwhile addition doesn't mean the majority would agree, especially in a game that involves a lot of long term planning, or there aren't things you've not considered that make them bad ideas. And as you're only in your first Pro season this season, you've just earned the right to experience new things you've not experienced before. Do enjoy it :)
Dan Smurthwaite
(Grupo Rookie - 40)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (2)   Não gosto deste post (0)
Post antigo #172 Postado 12 Set 2015, 23:10:13 Citar 
Price increase will split opinions but won't change much! Problem I have is the game relies on supporters to survive but when it comes to improving and moving the game forward these are the guys who are often ignored. If the admin interact and involve the supporters rather than ignoring everyone all the time they would have more support over decisions such as this. Admins need to interact more often and not just when it suits them to get the supporters on side.
Veres Tamás
(Grupo Amateur - 110)

País:
Hungria 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (1)   Não gosto deste post (5)
Post antigo #173 Postado 12 Set 2015, 23:10:34 (editado pela última vêz 12 Set 2015, 23:19:13 por Veres Tamás) Citar 
Quote ( Peter Willmore @ September 12th 2015,23:06:16 )

Veres that would make it a pay to win game which quite frankly lead to a mass exodus :)

why? I think it"s not fair, if the most manager play with this game free....and less manager who pay, we have to pay more... and we have no (real,guaranteed) advantage, It's not fair! I afraid of,the game go bankruft if everybody would play for free.... you can dislike,but this is the true...:( 50% less chance of random for payers is not resulting "mass exodus" because this IS NOT BIG advantage, only a guarantee

if most people would pay a little,the game would not be in danger/nearby bankruptcy
What is the problem with this idea??
Robert Ardelean
(Grupo Pro - 16)

País:
Romênia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #174 Postado 12 Set 2015, 23:17:54 Citar 
@Peter and @Kevin, I have so much to say about that, but I would divert off-topic, and it's not good then. :)

@Kevin, I will enjoy it, as it is one season(going back to Amateur for sure next season), but I've waited forever to get here.

Ok, sorry about off-topic, I have nothing else to say at the moment. :)
Janne Väänänen
(Grupo Amateur - 5)

País:
Finlândia 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (9)   Não gosto deste post (1)
Post antigo #175 Postado 12 Set 2015, 23:20:13 Citar 
Veres certainly has been trying his best to get the dumbest forum user award lately
Sharma Vivek
(Grupo Amateur - 53)

País:
Índia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #176 Postado 12 Set 2015, 23:26:29 Citar 
Quote ( Veres Tamás @ September 12th 2015,23:10:34 )

.and less manager who pay, we have to pay more... and we have no (real,guaranteed) advantage, It's not fair!

I think those who are paying are not supposed to take any advantages out of their payment because their payment is meant to SUPPORT GPRO. But as admins are too much into "gratitude" thing that they provided some little shiny add-ons in lieu of our SUPPORT, that is it.
Robin Paukson
(Grupo Rookie - 161)

País:
Estônia 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (3)   Não gosto deste post (0)
Post antigo #177 Postado 12 Set 2015, 23:28:48 Citar 
Quote ( Veres Tamás @ September 12th 2015,22:52:59 )

Must be an advantage if somebody pay...because if not, there is no point to pay...and the currently advantages are unnecessary...for example: race commentator.. you can ask somebody, who write you this (If you had start accident for example)

So must be real advantage:
If you pay support credits= 50% less chance of randoms/start accident OR max 1 random for in all season...so this is only a guarantee, and certainly it redound more supporter :)
If you don't pay, you You will not be at a disadvantage, maybe you won't get a random all season...

I think, that's a good idea and would be more supporter.

If you don't agree, pls not give me dislike, rather write arguments

Wow. It's like your thick head can't process the 166 posts that came before yours and said that supporter is an optional extra to support the game and NOT give an obvious advantage. Just listen to yourself. You want this game to expand and gain more players etc. But the changes you're saying will be good are going to make the players who can't buy supporter quit. That will trigger less competition and paying players leaving or stopping to pay because there's no point in paying to win if you have no one to beat. Supporter in this game is not meant to be an advantage but no one orders you to buy supporter. If it's too expensive for you, don't buy it.
Laurent Quinet
(Grupo Amateur - 15)

País:
França 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (1)   Não gosto deste post (4)
Post antigo #178 Postado 12 Set 2015, 23:31:20 Citar 
What a strange business model GPro is : responding to a decreasing audience by a price increase ?!

My understanding is that the GPro company is loss-making ans has to raise funds in short-terms.
Kuba Szajbel
(Grupo Amateur - 64)

País:
Polônia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #179 Postado 12 Set 2015, 23:33:28 Citar 
Quote ( Martti Kaasik @ September 12th 2015,21:33:10 )

Quote ( Kuba Szajbel @ September 12th 2015,21:27:11 )

Quote ( Martti Kaasik @ September 12th 2015,21:25:14 )

Really horrible news... You pay from season 50 about 4€ per month instead of 3,2€ how about your chocolate

Prices going up you like it or not. All you can do is adapt or complain and adapt.
No one forces me to buy or eat chocolate I do it cause I like it. Same is with GPRO.
What kind of chocolate?
Florencia Caro
(Grupo Master - 1)

Equipe do GPRO
  País:
Argentina 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #180 Postado 12 Set 2015, 23:36:33 Citar 
Quote ( Laurent Quinet @ September 12th 2015,23:31:20 )

What a strange business model GPro is : responding to a decreasing audience by a price increase ?!

My understanding is that the GPro company is loss-making ans has to raise funds in short-terms.

What kind of markets are you used to analysing, Laurent? They are not all the same, and definitely the current scenario of this particular market shows a reality that you might not be aware of. I made a point about it in post #128
Página « 1 2 3 ... 5 [67 ... 44 45 46 » Ir para página:

Responder a este tópico