Página « 1 2 [34 ... 15 16 17 » Ir para página:
Autor Tópico: COVID-19 (aka nCoV) 496 respostas
MG van Rensburg
(Grupo Amateur - 44)

País:
África do Sul 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (0)   Não gosto deste post (0)
Post antigo #61 Postado 7 Mar 2020, 16:58:19 (editado pela última vêz 7 Mar 2020, 17:08:33 por MG van Rensburg) Citar 
You factor out the elderly and the mortality rate drops below 1%.

The media are misleading to generate those clickbait revenues.

Children under 10 have barely registered any cases and have no mortalities directly attributable to Covid-19

The elderly account for majority of infections. and vast majority of deaths. Your avg health individual is walking off Covid-19 no problem. Its the meek and old almost exclusively that are taking the brunt of the desease.

The Spanish flu needs to be taken in context, considering the times and development of international exposure of various peoples to different vuruses for development of human immune systems.

The case of Covid-19 outbreak on the Princess Diana cruise liner with around 4500 or so on board and minimal mortality and not even 20% infection rate I think gives us a good reflection of not as bad as fearmongering says it is.
Vahid Puskarevic
(Grupo Amateur - 24)

País:
Bósnia e Herzegovina 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (1)   Não gosto deste post (0)
Post antigo #62 Postado 7 Mar 2020, 17:13:55 Citar 
3 cases here in Bosnia, mostly people who are came from Italy (from vacation or work). All travels to Italy are canceled.
Stuart Aspey
(Grupo Pro - 9)

País:
País de Gales 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #63 Postado 7 Mar 2020, 17:22:10 Citar 
Quote ( Vahid Puskarevic @ March 7th 2020,17:13:55 )

3 cases here in Bosnia, mostly people who are came from Italy (from vacation or work). All travels to Italy are canceled.

I still don't understand the outbreak from Italy. Has any connection been made between the outbreak in China and the outbreak in Italy?
António Rebelo
(Grupo Rookie - 99)

País:
Portugal 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #64 Postado 7 Mar 2020, 17:23:33 Citar 
18 confirmed cases here in Portugal. Mostly from people who went to Italy or infected by someone who did.
Most shocking case was a teacher that went to Italy on holidays and returned to school allegdely already infected... should be expected a few dozens in the aftermath of this small event...
Riley Dunlop
(Grupo Master - 3)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (2)   Não gosto deste post (0)
Post antigo #65 Postado 7 Mar 2020, 17:36:35 Citar 
650,000 died last year as a result of the flu worldwide

How many dead from COVID-19?
Eoin Farrelly
(Grupo Master - 5)

País:
Irlanda 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #66 Postado 7 Mar 2020, 17:40:16 Citar 
I think Scott Wood manufactured the virus for the nefarious reasons he has listed

Quote ( Scott Wood @ March 7th 2020,14:35:33 )

its a designed virus to kill off the elderly and the weak, we live to long,, so culling makes sense, governments get richer, no more pension to pay, inheritence tax ,property tax, 20% tax on all moneys,, its a win win for the governments,,

What's your government name Scott ey?
James Hitchen
(Grupo Pro - 1)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (3)   Não gosto deste post (0)
Post antigo #67 Postado 7 Mar 2020, 17:58:41 Citar 
I'd still take corona over fosters any day of the week, whether the corona is in virus or beer form is irrelevant to me.

Kirsty Ridley
(Grupo Amateur - 49)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #68 Postado 7 Mar 2020, 18:21:51 Citar 
with gigs this weekend, and a rock weekend event next weekend, we are going with the 'Alcohol is in most sanitisers and cleaners, so drink a lot of it to stay safe' route. I am confident we will be fine ;)
Vladimir Blagojevic
(Grupo Amateur - 75)

País:
Sérvia 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (5)   Não gosto deste post (0)
Post antigo #69 Postado 7 Mar 2020, 18:53:18 Citar 
Quote ( Riley Dunlop @ March 7th 2020,17:36:35 )

Thats with 0.1% mortality rate and r0 about 1.3
Coronavirus on the other hand have mortality rate averaging 3% and r0 currently estimated at 2.2.

If I read correctly, Italy last year had over 800000 influenza patients with below 40 dead. Now, with coronavirus its 40+ per day with less than 4000 reported.

Problem with corona its there no vaccine, its quite infectious and overwhelm hospitals because 15-20% of infected patients need machines to survive so you might guess how quickly things escalate. That's why everybody urges everybody to be cautious, be careful, to maintain hygiene and wash hands, if have symptoms to self isolate and call hospital for help and don't go to f* field trip and spread virus around, all of that to allow hospitals to be able to manage all those infected because then you wont have 3% but much more. Also coronavirus grabs onto ACE2 which you have on lungs and 00, so you might guess what could happened than. It is also shown that just like sars and mers it attack nervous system so if you are sick enough you might forget to breath. All of this is all why peoples are shitting their pants.

It is also novel as it name suggest, it's a new type of coronavirus. Doctors are just learning along the way.

So yeah, just a flu bro.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupo Pro - 13)

País:
Finlândia 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (3)   Não gosto deste post (0)
Post antigo #70 Postado 7 Mar 2020, 20:05:30 (editado pela última vêz 7 Mar 2020, 20:06:00 por Mikko Heikkinen) Citar 
Quote ( Stuart Aspey @ March 7th 2020,17:22:10 )

I still don't understand the outbreak from Italy.

Maybe it's a cultural thing, they hug and kiss everyone they meet :P :D

yeah, a bit stereotype fun to lighten the mood :)
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Grupo Master - 3)

País:
México 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #71 Postado 7 Mar 2020, 20:18:21 Citar 
Quote ( Riley Dunlop @ March 7th 2020,17:36:35 )

Out of how many billion who got the flu las year? Reember that this deaths include deaths by any flu and not any specific pathogen.

This is what is misunderstood about Covid-19.

Malaria kills 405,000 a year with 228 million infected.(0.18%)
Dengue kills 40,000 with over 380 million infections (.01%)
Yellow Fever kills 5,100 with close to 850,000 infections (0.6%)

All of the above mentioned have a limited range of.action since they need a host that is the Aedes Aegypti or Anopheles mosquito that has a limited environment. (Most of them unfortunately in Africa.

Worlwide Covid-19 has killed 3,555 with 105,479 confirmed cases 3.39% mortality rate.and has the potential to infect many billion that is the concern.

And before someone ask the soource of the above data is WHO.

Guido Simonetta
(Grupo Pro - 21)

País:
Argentina 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #72 Postado 7 Mar 2020, 20:21:28 Citar 
8 cases here in Argentina, all from Italy
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupo Pro - 13)

País:
Finlândia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #73 Postado 7 Mar 2020, 21:21:26 (editado pela última vêz 7 Mar 2020, 21:43:33 por Mikko Heikkinen) Citar 

I still don't understand the outbreak from Italy.

This can be a part of it:

In Italy 10% of medical staff caught it. While treating infected patients they may not have known that the patient was infected and in the process got it themselves.

And you can guess what happens after that... when another person comes to seek medical attention to some unrelated ailment and in the process gets a piece of corona action :(

If an infected person coughs, (s)he can spread it ~1,5-2 meters. IF a "fever clinic" has beds 60-90 cm apart, it can spread from bed to bed. So an unsure case can get infected too.

So... if one has a touch of a cold, better stay home (if one can bear it). Just sayin... better not run to hospital for common cold. But ofc. if it gets more serious take action.

-------------------

btw: Just came in a major Finnish publication (hs.fi) the Head of Infection Control Unit (Infectious Diseases) Veli-Jukka Anttila commented on the problematic nature of the blowers as they can (and will) spread the microbes through the whole space they reside in.

Consider this, an infected person can cough (50 mph) the microbes to what... couple meters, what will an air blower (500-600 mph air-speed) do with the pressure it creates

Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ March 7th 2020,13:10:16 )

How are the numbers for paper towels, Mikko?

I'd think 0. Well unless you blow on the towel :P

Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ March 7th 2020,13:10:16 )

As many as 60" doesn't sound like a lot, given that bacteria are everywhere?

Wouldn't that depend on what kind ?

and yeah, they are everywhere but not showed down your airways 500 mph :)
+ the bacteria in the confined space of a restroom can be a bit different than outside
Roy Mitchell
(Grupo Amateur - 88)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #74 Postado 7 Mar 2020, 21:23:16 Citar 
It is emotional to hear of new infections and what they are doing to control the spread. It adds to the stress in my life.

The focus of prevention the spread is shifted to behavioural change of the herd. That has a foot-hold albeit from fear.

More worrisome is the plight of the African Continent and the middle East where they lack adequate hospital facilities for normal operations.

A reality check... tomorrow will still be here, for most of us. Stop reading crap about how bad it is elsewhere.

A study showed that on average a person will touch their face 23 times per hour and 30% of that was to the nose-mouth area.

Be careful and wash your hands, be mindful of when you touch surfaces in the general population ie shopping carts, hand rails etc.

Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupo Pro - 13)

País:
Finlândia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #75 Postado 7 Mar 2020, 21:39:09 (editado pela última vêz 7 Mar 2020, 21:40:13 por Mikko Heikkinen) Citar 
Quote ( Roy Mitchell @ March 7th 2020,21:23:16 )

Be careful and wash your hands, be mindful of when you touch surfaces in the general population ie shopping carts, hand rails etc.

Use gloves when about doing your daily shop and/or other stuff outside ?

Quote ( Roy Mitchell @ March 7th 2020,21:23:16 )

A study showed that on average a person will touch their face 23 times per hour and 30% of that was to the nose-mouth area.

If one absolutely has to put finger in mouth, take said gloves first off :)

if nothing else, using gloves looks less silly than a gasmask
Roy Mitchell
(Grupo Amateur - 88)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #76 Postado 7 Mar 2020, 21:47:34 Citar 
But.. it's harder to pull those over your head??
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupo Pro - 13)

País:
Finlândia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #77 Postado 7 Mar 2020, 21:58:29 (editado pela última vêz 7 Mar 2020, 22:01:17 por Mikko Heikkinen) Citar 
Quote ( Roy Mitchell @ March 7th 2020,21:47:34 )

But.. it's harder to pull those over your head??

:LMAO:

apparently not too hard... https://www.whatproswear.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/dani...
Vahid Puskarevic
(Grupo Amateur - 24)

País:
Bósnia e Herzegovina 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #78 Postado 7 Mar 2020, 23:25:25 Citar 
What do you think about the real number of infected people? Like I said there are 3 people in Bosnia, but I think that the number is higher than the press says?
Peter Willmore
(Grupo Pro - 5)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (4)   Não gosto deste post (0)
Post antigo #79 Postado 8 Mar 2020, 02:31:31 Citar 
It will be much higher due to the number of people who have contracted it with either no symptoms or very mild symptoms and not been tested for it .
when you take these cases into account the mortality rate which is already less than 1% in under 50’s will be even lower .
so people need to calm down and go about their normal daily lives
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupo Pro - 13)

País:
Finlândia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #80 Postado 8 Mar 2020, 12:52:19 (editado pela última vêz 8 Mar 2020, 13:09:37 por Mikko Heikkinen) Citar 

I still don't understand the outbreak from Italy. Has any connection been made between the outbreak in China and the outbreak in Italy?

Maybe this will help:

It was reported that a hospital in Lombardy, where the bulk of the infections are located, delayed testing “patient-one”, a 38-year-old man who is believed to be the first source of local transmission.

According to reports in the Italian media it took four contacts with doctors before the man was eventually tested for coronavirus, and then only after he had spent 36 hours at a hospital in Codogno before being put under isolation, a period during which he infected a number of other people.

Oh, and the "super spreader" mentioned in the article didn't visit China himself, but there are indications that he had come into contact with a friend who had been there.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/26/coronavirus-in...
Stuart Aspey
(Grupo Pro - 9)

País:
País de Gales 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #81 Postado 8 Mar 2020, 13:09:42 Citar 
Thank you for that Mikko. It's always nice when someone does research to calm us cynics. Lol.
Kirsty Ridley
(Grupo Amateur - 49)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #82 Postado 8 Mar 2020, 15:38:27 Citar 
Lol, while sitting in car, after shopping, I realised as i got to the comment about how many times we touch our face, I was rubbing my nose, had already rubbed my eye, and was distractedly picking at a small spot I could feel appearing. I need to be a lot more conscious of that!! But for most of us it will be a cold, possibly a bad one. Media are terrifying people. Chances are it will end up where you are, freaking out won't change that. Just be more careful than me about face contact, off to wash my hands now!!
Lyee Chong
(Grupo Amateur - 61)

Equipe do GPRO
  País:
Malásia 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #83 Postado 9 Mar 2020, 02:53:56 (editado pela última vêz 9 Mar 2020, 02:55:00 por Lyee Chong) Citar 
1 thing I still can not understand is why is toilet paper so critical in this situation to some people? What toilet paper has to do with covid?
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Grupo Pro - 7)

País:
México 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #84 Postado 9 Mar 2020, 03:09:12 Citar 
Mexico has 7 confirmed cases, 6 of them traceable to one source and one from another source.

The first 6 cases:
5 of them attended a seminar in Bergamo, Italy where they came in direct contact with a Mexican living in Malaysia who was sick and was declared positive the day the seminar ended.
All 5 of them showed signs of being sick 1-3 days after their trip back.
The remaining case was traveling with one of the five above, but did not have direct contact with the sick mexican/malaysian, but it is thought the origin is the same but due to indirect contact (handshake, handling contaminated papers or such).

The 7th case is a traveler from the US that got sick from an American that had contact with an American/Chinese sick person that got sick in China.

Adrian Summers
(Grupo Amateur - 57)

País:
Estados Unidos 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (8)   Não gosto deste post (0)
Post antigo #85 Postado 9 Mar 2020, 03:16:27 Citar 
Quote ( Lyee Chong @ March 9th 2020,02:53:56 )

1 thing I still can not understand is why is toilet paper so critical in this situation to some people? What toilet paper has to do with covid?
It scares the shit out of some people.
Kevin Smith
(Grupo Amateur - 17)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #86 Postado 9 Mar 2020, 03:33:36 Citar 

Because toilet paper is made in China and if countries start quarantining shipments from China, there will be less of everything.
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Grupo Pro - 7)

País:
México 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #87 Postado 9 Mar 2020, 03:55:08 Citar 

Could it also be related in the fact that Covid-19 is transmitted also via feces?

So imagine you go to a public restroom, and the person before you has used the paper roll and contaminated it, you would be handling it, touching it, and if you are not careful and don't wash your hands throughly could serve as a contamination factor.

Peter Willmore
(Grupo Amateur - 13)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #88 Postado 9 Mar 2020, 18:16:49 Citar 
Quote ( Kevin Smith @ March 9th 2020,03:33:36 )

Because toilet paper is made in China and if countries start quarantining shipments from China, there will be less of everything.

that's certainly not the case here in the uk and I very much doubt it's the case anywhere else either
Jonathan Beagles
(Grupo Pro - 16)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #89 Postado 9 Mar 2020, 20:38:12 (editado pela última vêz 9 Mar 2020, 20:38:23 por Jonathan Beagles) Citar 

The only logical link I can make is that, if they put in quarantine processes that cause people to not be allowed to congregate in public, then toilet paper becomes a basic supply that means you can stay home for a longer amount of time.

But otherwise it's just nonsense IMHO!
Thijs Rieken
(Grupo Amateur - 37)

País:
Holanda 
Certificado: 
Post antigo #90 Postado 9 Mar 2020, 20:42:15 Citar 
It's for when the shit hits the fan
Página « 1 2 [34 ... 15 16 17 » Ir para página:

Responder a este tópico