Strana « 1 2 3 ... 14 [1516 ... 18 19 20 » Rychlé přejít na stránku:
Hlasovací téma ve fóru
Would you like cancellation of Driver Energy?
Přihlaste se , abyste mohli volit nebo hlasovat
Autor Téma: Cancel Driver Energy 571 odpovědí
Mikko Heikkinen
(Skupina Pro - 4)

Země:
Finsko 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (4)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (0)
Starý příspěvek #421 přispěno 29 Září 2016, 11:33:31 (naposledy změněno 29 Září 2016, 11:39:53 od Mikko Heikkinen) Citovat 
Quote ( MG van Rensburg @ September 29th 2016,09:00:48 )

What's not to love? Suddenly the pushers are running 50-60 ct instead of 100 and non-promoting managers can run 30-40ct

The potential (and quite real) danger there is that even those "non-promoting" CT 30- 40 can use so much energy that they use spa instead of driver training (due to rate of recovery)

Now... you might think: That's their problem.

But it isn't, in the big picture it can have a massive effect on drivers a whole. (you do know where Pro, Master and Elite driver come from)

As comparison, earlier people could train the driver while pushing regardless of group/level.

Quote ( MG van Rensburg @ September 29th 2016,08:39:32 )

Not to mention how efficiently energy recovers

You must be joking, right ?

Now don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the energy feature, it's actually an interesting concept.
Jon Day
(Skupina Rookie - 5)

Země:
Anglie 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (0)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (1)
Starý příspěvek #422 přispěno 29 Září 2016, 11:42:34 Citovat 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ September 29th 2016,11:33:31 )

you do know where Pro, Master and Elite driver come from
From their Mommys and Daddys I would imagine. :P

In all seriousness, good post Mikko. :-)
MG van Rensburg
(Skupina Amateur - 79)

Země:
Jižní Afrika 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (2)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (0)
Starý příspěvek #423 přispěno 29 Září 2016, 11:58:38 (naposledy změněno 29 Září 2016, 12:00:26 od MG van Rensburg) Citovat 
Guys in pro are seriously having a problem recovering in time for race when just using 30ct? Damn...

Considering my feeble idea of how much CT ppl who aren't trying to promote should be spending, and team experience so far, not recovering full energy if just used 30ct (pro or higher specifically) seems rather odd/exceptional.

And I'm talking about just promoted managers, not guys pushing for promo either.

I guess I've got more work to do with data, but its rather surprising ppl struggling with energy that much.

David Jones-Winkley
(Skupina Amateur - 3)

Země:
Wales 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (4)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (1)
Starý příspěvek #424 přispěno 29 Září 2016, 13:21:18 Citovat 
Recovering back to 100% is it really necessary.
Marius Ruţa
(Skupina Amateur - 70)

Země:
Rumunsko 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #425 přispěno 29 Září 2016, 14:09:00 Citovat 
Quote ( David Jones-Winkley @ September 29th 2016,13:21:18 )

The way I see, it`s more important to not have energy drop to 0% during the race than having it at 100% before the race, at least that`s how I see it in Amateur.
Victor Kamennov
(Skupina Elite)

Země:
Ruská federace 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (7)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (17)
Starý příspěvek #426 přispěno 29 Září 2016, 14:23:43 Citovat 
The opinion of 30%+ managers should not be ignored. Make driver energy only for rookies and amateurs.
Marius Ruţa
(Skupina Amateur - 70)

Země:
Rumunsko 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (10)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (0)
Starý příspěvek #427 přispěno 29 Září 2016, 14:29:19 Citovat 
Quote ( Victor Kamennov @ September 29th 2016,14:23:43 )

The opinion of 30%+ managers should not be ignored.

Neither should be the opinion of almost 70% of managers.
Christopher Jones
(Skupina Rookie - 52)

Země:
Spojené státy 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (1)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (6)
Starý příspěvek #428 přispěno 29 Září 2016, 14:47:47 Citovat 
Quote ( Phil Maunder @ September 29th 2016,08:19:20 )

Everyone has their own perspective on the new changes, whether brand new players, multiple elite champs or retired.

This is a discussion forum for all opinions so I don't see the point in saying some people's opinions aren't valid. If you don't agree with anything being said then it's more constructive to debate the points raised rather than the person

You right everyone has a opinion, but when someone that is retired want to make changes to something they haven't experienced themselves is something that they shouldn't suggest. Even if they getting info from others. Everyone info is not the same other than managers can't run 100ct anymore. Also for Michael saying that someone opinion is not valid because he hasn't experience elite, I going to keep saying his opinion is invalid on driver energy until he comes out of retirement and experience it for himself.

Tired of some people on here say our opinions don't count because we haven't had enough experience in the game or for Michael because someone hasn't experience elite yet.
MG van Rensburg
(Skupina Amateur - 79)

Země:
Jižní Afrika 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #429 přispěno 29 Září 2016, 15:02:23 (naposledy změněno 29 Září 2016, 15:14:14 od MG van Rensburg) Citovat 
Quote ( Christopher Jones @ September 29th 2016,14:47:47 )

Quote ( Phil Maunder @ September 29th 2016,08:19:20 )

Everyone has their own perspective on the new changes, whether brand new players, multiple elite champs or retired.

This is a discussion forum for all opinions so I don't see the point in saying some people's opinions aren't valid. If you don't agree with anything being said then it's more constructive to debate the points raised rather than the person

You right everyone has a opinion, but when someone that is retired want to make changes to something they haven't experienced themselves is something that they shouldn't suggest. Even if they getting info from others. Everyone info is not the same other than managers can't run 100ct anymore. Also for Michael saying that someone opinion is not valid because he hasn't experience elite, I going to keep saying his opinion is invalid on driver energy until he comes out of retirement and experience it for himself.

Tired of some people on here say our opinions don't count because we haven't had enough experience in the game or for Michael because someone hasn't experience elite yet.

I'm kinda surprised the sarcasm wrt Winkles comment about elite was missed. Felt it was so laden with sarcasm, trying to show the double standards, that it was dripping off the screen onto my keyboard.

Anyway, after some new data this race, implying some rather unexpected things, some of the issues with the balance of the system I do understand now. I really didn't expect what's popped up in most recent race, rather surprised by what the numbers imply tbh.

I really like the system, idea and purpose behind it and really do think overall it adds great depth to the management ideal of the game. However, the balance does seem rather off, and in rather unintuitive ways looking at the most recent race results for myself and some team members. Just seems like too many things burn energy. Individually, each item seems ok, but together, it adds up to too much.

I get and like the energy burn during qualifying. Its nice to get a heads up for the race. But overall, in total, the amount of things that burn energy and the lvl to which they do it, doesn't seem balanced and the areas to save energy aren't nearly as intuitive as hoped/first perceived.
Kevin Parkinson
(Skupina Retired)

GPRO tým
  Země:
Skotsko 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (1)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (0)
Starý příspěvek #430 přispěno 29 Září 2016, 15:24:23 Citovat 
Quote ( Christopher Jones @ September 29th 2016,14:47:47 )

You should really re-read what Winkley said, especially the CrapLogic part. He was making the point that just because someone hasn't experienced Elite does NOT mean they shouldn't have and share opinions - to say such would be CrapLogic. :(
Phil Maunder
(Skupina Pro - 7)

Země:
Anglie 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (6)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (0)
Starý příspěvek #431 přispěno 29 Září 2016, 16:03:11 Citovat 
I've never worked in government .... remind me never to criticise them ever again :]
Richard Carter
(Skupina Amateur - 75)

Země:
Anglie 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #432 přispěno 29 Září 2016, 16:06:57 Citovat 

Was that a question?

Did you mean....

Recovering back to 100% is it really necessary?

Or were the words the wrong way around and it should have read

Recovering back to 100% it is really necessary.

The grammar is confusing.
Ken Neihart
(Skupina Amateur - 82)

Země:
Spojené státy 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (4)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (4)
Starý příspěvek #433 přispěno 29 Září 2016, 16:48:12 Citovat 

The opinion of 30%+ managers should not be ignored. Make driver energy only for rookies and amateurs.

I'm sorry, did the vote not go your way? Would you like a re-count? Maybe voter fraud was at play here.
Michael Winkley
(Skupina Retired)

Země:
Wales 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #434 přispěno 29 Září 2016, 16:55:29 Citovat 
Quote ( Phil Maunder @ September 29th 2016,16:03:11 )

I've never worked in government .... remind me never to criticise them ever again :]

Genuinely chuckled. :)
Steven Gray
(Skupina Amateur - 85)

Země:
Anglie 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (5)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (5)
Starý příspěvek #435 přispěno 29 Září 2016, 17:06:30 (naposledy změněno 29 Září 2016, 17:08:56 od Steven Gray) Citovat 
Quote ( Ken Neihart @ September 29th 2016,16:48:12 )

I'm sorry, did the vote not go your way? Would you like a re-count? Maybe voter fraud was at play here.

He's Russian so clearly not accustomed to the concept of democracy...

This is the Brexit vote all over again. Can we just keep doing polls until the people that want it cancelled get the result they want?
Pat Madigan
(Skupina Amateur - 38)

Země:
Spojené státy 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (20)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (2)
Starý příspěvek #436 přispěno 29 Září 2016, 17:29:08 Citovat 
I don't say much on the forum for the time I have been here...I like the energy change(an of course I am having a good season now) ;-) but I did have to change my plans around

Two basic things strike me....

1) this isn't a livelihood...you don't like it, don't play...lol...we don't bitch when things go our way, do we? 99% wear at the start and complete a race perhaps? The guy that has been blocking you for the entire race when and bam he is wearing tyre covers on a lap...nobody takes to the forum and bitches about 'aww I feel bad for the guy with the random, that sucks...'

2) solve the problem, simple.....this game has always been about problem solving hasn't it?

your plans got changed...well sh*t happens.....just like life...you change or you move on....

*goes back to GPRO cave*
David Jones-Winkley
(Skupina Amateur - 3)

Země:
Wales 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (12)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (0)
Starý příspěvek #437 přispěno 29 Září 2016, 19:23:43 Citovat 
Pat you should come out of that cave more often.

Daneks Britāls
(Skupina Amateur - 63)

Země:
Lotyšsko 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (3)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (0)
Starý příspěvek #438 přispěno 29 Září 2016, 20:35:45 Citovat 

No mate. It should be opposite. Like with tire suppliers. Know what i mean? :D
Pat Madigan
(Skupina Amateur - 38)

Země:
Spojené státy 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #439 přispěno 29 Září 2016, 20:57:12 Citovat 
Quote ( David Jones-Winkley @ September 29th 2016,19:23:43 )

Pat you should come out of that cave more often.

I have enough voices in my head already ;-)
Kirsty Ridley
(Skupina Pro - 14)

Země:
Anglie 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #440 přispěno 29 Září 2016, 20:57:46 Citovat 
Quote ( Pat Madigan @ September 29th 2016,20:57:12 )

I have enough voices in my head already ;-)

All the best people do :P
Kevin Parkinson
(Skupina Retired)

GPRO tým
  Země:
Skotsko 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (3)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (0)
Starý příspěvek #441 přispěno 29 Září 2016, 21:03:25 (naposledy změněno 29 Září 2016, 21:03:36 od Kevin Parkinson) Citovat 
Which one of you said that?
Pat Madigan
(Skupina Amateur - 38)

Země:
Spojené státy 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #442 přispěno 29 Září 2016, 21:11:24 Citovat 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ September 29th 2016,21:03:25 )

Which one of you said that?

I'm sorry,

Timmy is not here right now...

he is out playing with his 'energy' friend....;-b
Ken Neihart
(Skupina Amateur - 82)

Země:
Spojené státy 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #443 přispěno 30 Září 2016, 00:56:22 (naposledy změněno 30 Září 2016, 01:00:16 od Ken Neihart) Citovat 
Quote ( Steven Gray @ September 29th 2016,17:06:30 )

He's Russian so clearly not accustomed to the concept of democracy...

This is the Brexit vote all over again. Can we just keep doing polls until the people that want it cancelled get the result they want?

Good point and very spot on. In California that's how they do it, keep having votes until the 30% that want something convince, or bring in enough illegals to vote there way and win, but once they get there way they can't have another 'Honest' vote again and they put down those that did the very same thing they did.....Yep #Brexit

Quote ( Pat Madigan @ September 29th 2016,17:29:08 )

I don't say much on the forum for the time I have been here...I like the energy change(an of course I am having a good season now) ;-) but I did have to change my plans around

Two basic things strike me....

1) this isn't a livelihood...you don't like it, don't play...lol...we don't bitch when things go our way, do we? 99% wear at the start and complete a race perhaps? The guy that has been blocking you for the entire race when and bam he is wearing tyre covers on a lap...nobody takes to the forum and bitches about 'aww I feel bad for the guy with the random, that sucks...'

2) solve the problem, simple.....this game has always been about problem solving hasn't it?

your plans got changed...well sh*t happens.....just like life...you change or you move on....

*goes back to GPRO cave*

Seriously dude, come out of your cave more often. You are so spot on!
Alex Holland
(Skupina Pro - 5)

Země:
Kanada 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (11)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (0)
Starý příspěvek #444 přispěno 30 Září 2016, 01:39:22 (naposledy změněno 30 Září 2016, 01:46:27 od Alex Holland) Citovat 
I have to say that I have not read the previous 9 pages but I will get to them in time. In short:

Good but needs modifications,

Makes it difficult for promoting managers to run top risks for their class and still train anything but SPA. Energy regeneration should be higher so decisions are made over a course of 2-3-4 races not a single one.

Probably too limiting at this point. Reduce the effect so people can run 20% more risks or everything starts to fall into one race strategy.

Maybe get a group of people from each racing class to explain what good or bad effects hit that race level. Having not run this attribute in RK, AM, M or E, I can only imagine what the problems are. In PRO I can tell you what they are.

Maybe put a track rating for energy use on the track lists. Any experienced driver would already know which tracks are easy or hard on enregy use. Otherwise too much comes down to guessing/luck for the first 3-4 seasons of playing the game. I hate luck races.

Is there other effects we should also be putting in the game at this time? FT? why not Hated Tracks. Security/Stealing tech at the Master level to make it different to PRO. Tire/Fuel contracts can be bought over a number of races instead of for a season. renegotiating with sponsors you currently have signed if they are happy with you. I am sure there are a hundred others.

I hate it when he is right for once. I think it would be better to lighten up on the energy use during the races so a greater range of risks can still be used, but reduce the energy regernation between races so you have to think if you want to keep on running those high risks.
Ken Neihart
(Skupina Amateur - 82)

Země:
Spojené státy 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #445 přispěno 30 Září 2016, 02:01:30 Citovat 
Quote ( Alex Holland @ September 30th 2016,01:39:22 )

Probably too limiting at this point. Reduce the effect so people can run 20% more risks or everything starts to fall into one race strategy.

I think even all of us that are in favor of energy (most that play) would agree it needs tweaking. I don't think Vlad decided to just put it out there and everything would be good to go. I'm sure he even knew it would need tweaking as we go.

Spa to me is the biggest thing that needs tweaking, it really should be tuned down somewhere between what it was at the start and where it is now.
Graham Mercer
(Skupina Pro - 22)

Země:
Austrálie 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (7)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (0)
Starý příspěvek #446 přispěno 30 Září 2016, 02:05:46 Citovat 
Quote ( Alex Holland @ September 30th 2016,01:39:22 )

Maybe put a track rating for energy use on the track lists.

This!
Totally agree. We have general, indicative info for fuel and tyres at each track. Not enough to give away 'secret info' but enough to help newer players to at least have a chance.

Not everyone has heaps of data, a well informed team, or data analysis gurus that they can rely on while they attempt to get their head around the basic principles of gpro. If we want to keep new players interested and retain them as players into the higher leagues then we shouldn't be throwing up extra barriers.

I feel that the driver energy addition is a good thing for gpro, and that it adds another level of analysis and strategy to keep things interesting, but we should also remember that new players already had a fairly steep learning curve with so much FOBY data to discover. The addition of driver energy with no indication to them of how tracks will have an impact is a bit over the top in my opinion.
Andy Goodall
(Skupina Pro - 25)

Země:
Anglie 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #447 přispěno 30 Září 2016, 06:55:59 (naposledy změněno 30 Září 2016, 06:56:40 od Andy Goodall) Citovat 
( Alex Holland @ September 30th 2016,01:39:22 )/i]
Maybe put a track rating for energy use on the track lists.

+1 from me for this as well, great suggestion Alex.
Konstantin Kiskinov
(Skupina Pro - 1)

Země:
Bulharsko 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (2)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (2)
Starý příspěvek #448 přispěno 14 Říjen 2016, 22:56:40 Citovat 
Yes, it must be cancelled. :)
Christoph Seifriedsberger
(Skupina Master - 1)

Země:
Rakousko 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (2)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (2)
Starý příspěvek #449 přispěno 14 Říjen 2016, 22:59:43 Citovat 
Quote ( Konstantin Kiskinov @ October 14th 2016,22:56:40 )

Yes, it must be cancelled. :)

Of course it must be cancelled! It's always the minority who decides what's forced upon the majority isn't it?
Rui Morais
(Skupina Pro - 17)

Země:
Portugalsko 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (4)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (5)
Starý příspěvek #450 přispěno 14 Říjen 2016, 23:01:18 Citovat 
What was the reason for adding a feature in the game that 35 or 40% of the players don't like ?
Strana « 1 2 3 ... 14 [1516 ... 18 19 20 » Rychlé přejít na stránku:

Odpovědět na toto téma