Grand Prix Racing Online Fórum > Newbie forum > Wet->Dry tyres - When to change Přidat toto téma do svého seznamu ignorovaných Přidat toto téma do svého seznamu sledovaných
Strana [1
Autor Téma: Wet->Dry tyres - When to change 5 odpovědí
Joe Bloggs
(Skupina Rookie - 87)

Země:
Rakousko 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #1 přispěno 8 Červenec 2020, 13:52:26 Citovat 
Hi all,

I'm 3 races in and enjoying everything so far, even though I'm finishing 2nd to last in every race. I'm in this for the long haul, not looking for an insta-win.

Yesterday was my 1st race featuring rain. It said that the 2nd qualifier and race start would be wet, but the rest of the race would be dry. I switched my tyres for the 2nd qualifier and race start to be wet and managed to qualify in the middle of the pack, #11. Which was a nice surprise for me. Nearly got my driver a nose-bleed being that high up. :)

At the race start, I managed to pass many cars and get up to #6, as it seems a lot of other drivers must have stuck to dry tyres. But when the rain stopped on lap 3, I had earlier changed my strategy to change tyres after 5 laps of the weather changing, from the default 3. So I was overtaken in short order by all those on dry tyres and fell to the back, 6 laps later, after I finally pitted to swap tyres.

To me, it seems that I should set the time to swap tyres at 0 laps. GET THEM CHANGED ASAP! I was thinking of real-life were it takes a while before the racing line totally dries out.

Any advice on NOT setting my tyre change strategy to 0 laps?
Dominik Karda
(Skupina Master - 4)

Země:
Česká republika 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (0)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (0)
Starý příspěvek #2 přispěno 8 Červenec 2020, 13:54:25 Citovat 
Quote ( Joe Bloggs @ July 8th 2020,13:52:26 )

It's actually better to have it on 1 lap. If you set 0, it is very likely that the pitstop would be much slower.

In GPRO, when weather changes, the track condition (wet or dry) changes immediately, so that is also a reason why there is no intermediate tyre in the game.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Skupina Pro - 13)

Země:
Finsko 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #3 přispěno 8 Červenec 2020, 14:04:33 (naposledy změněno 8 Červenec 2020, 14:12:02 od Mikko Heikkinen) Citovat 
Quote ( Joe Bloggs @ July 8th 2020,13:52:26 )

I was thinking of real-life were it takes a while before the racing line totally dries out.

/GPRONoobGuide.asp#race-setup-and-strategy

In real F1, when it starts raining there is usually a couple of laps before the track is wet enough for the Rain tyres and the same applies when it stops raining. NOT IN GPRO, when it starts raining in GPRO the whole track is immediately wet

and vice versa

These could provide you with helpful tips to avoid further "mishaps" :)

/GPRORules.asp
/GPRONoobGuide.asp
/GPROFAQ.asp

Or if you prefer wiki-way https://wiki.gpro.net/
Matías Alloatti
(Skupina Amateur - 83)

Země:
Argentina 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (2)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (0)
Starý příspěvek #4 přispěno 8 Červenec 2020, 14:11:37 Citovat 

Try to think it this way.

If you are going to pit because running out of fuel or because of your tyres being very worn, your pit crew is aware of that and can prepare the pit stop in advance.

On the other hand, no one knows when the weather will change. If you decide to pit in the same lap the weather changes, your pit crew has to hurry to prepare the pit stop and is very likely that they are not fully prepared when your car completes the lap and reaches pit lane, so is very likely your pit stop will be longer.
Joe Bloggs
(Skupina Rookie - 87)

Země:
Rakousko 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #5 přispěno 8 Červenec 2020, 16:07:04 Citovat 
Thanks to all. Great info!
Tamay Edwin
(Skupina Rookie - 27)

Země:
Indie 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #6 přispěno 8 Červenec 2020, 21:38:04 Citovat 
Quote ( Matías Alloatti @ July 8th 2020,14:11:37 )

no one knows when the weather will change. If you decide to pit in the same lap the weather changes, your pit crew has to hurry to prepare the pit stop and is very likely that they are not fully prepared when your car completes the lap and reaches pit lane, so is very likely your pit stop will be longer.

If you choose to wait 1 lap, then you are racing with the wrong tires for an extra lap and thus increasing your lap times. So you need to take care of this trade-off.
Strana [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Fórum > Newbie forum > Wet->Dry tyres - When to change Přidat toto téma do svého seznamu ignorovaných Přidat toto téma do svého seznamu sledovaných

Odpovědět na toto téma