Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > A general GPRO team discussion thread Füge dieses Thema Deiner Blockierliste zu Füge dieses Thema Deinen Favoriten zu
Seite « 1 2 3 ... 524 [525526 ... 1017 1018 1019 » Schneller Sprung auf Seite:
Autor Thema: A general GPRO team discussion thread 30567 Antworten
Michael Winkley
(Gruppe Master - 4)

Einträge: 33335
  Land:
Wales 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (4)   Gefällt mir nicht (1)
Alter Eintrag #15718 geschrieben Feb 21 2013, 00:32:32 Zitat 
One thing is for certain though; this public airing of internal team affairs needs to stop now. None of the parties involved will come out smelling of roses, and all have had a chance to give their side; nothing more needs to be said...well, not in public anyway.
Daryl Gee
(Gruppe Rookie - 285)

Einträge: 4864
  Land:
Südafrika 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (4)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #15719 geschrieben Feb 21 2013, 00:50:26 Zitat 
Quote ( Kirsty Ridley @ February 21st 2013,00:24:04 )

Quote ( Robert Kearney @ February 21st 2013,00:20:35 )

it is underhand to post without letting him know.
Was the post on Rons profile announced to the team so they could defend it though? I get most of us know nothing...but if they are the sum total of posts aimed at Ron its a bit oversensitive. And to have that on his profile is just waiting for a response surely? From here it looks like the publicity didn't come from this thread...but from the profile comments.

Read this thread on the dates Ron gave as his reason for posting that in his profile. He gets given a lot of abuse from a lot of vultures who couldn't possibly know anything about the situation. I'm not taking sides, but for him to feel the need to express his side of the story as a reaction to the stick he was getting in the forum is entirely understandable.
Ryan Clarke
(Gruppe Amateur - 28)

Einträge: 2024
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (1)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #15720 geschrieben Feb 21 2013, 01:02:13 Zitat 
No-one ever says a bad word about eachother in the Surreal forums...it's all hugs and kisses! *shifty*
Finn Shaw-McIver
(Gruppe Rookie - 102)

Einträge: 22386
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #15721 geschrieben Feb 21 2013, 01:04:44 (letzte Änderung Feb 21 2013, 01:05:58 von Finn Shaw-McIver) Zitat 
I was nice as usual.
Quote ( Finn Shaw-McIver @ December 8th 2012,22:35:04 )

He hardly deserves abuse, if you don't secure gpro tools then it is your own fault when someone steals it. Our one is secure and could only be stolen if someone managed to hack the host pc and break it down

controversial
Quote ( Finn Shaw-McIver @ December 8th 2012,22:46:00 )

the fact is, most tools in the game will have been shared around, certainly parts of them anyway. He just cut out the hassle and went for a finished one
Quote ( Finn Shaw-McIver @ December 8th 2012,22:53:08 )

I would not do it, but he has not killed anyone (as far as we know)

seriously though I don't actually care what he thinks of people or what people think of him, if he feels like he is being bullied then don't make him feel worse by posting about it
Louis Francis
(Gruppe Rookie - 102)

Einträge: 5542
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (0)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #15722 geschrieben Feb 21 2013, 01:10:07 Zitat 
Quote ( Finn Shaw-McIver @ February 21st 2013,00:25:35 )

the only reason we have stayed together is insulting each other

We even insulted someone before they even joined the team.

Love through insults. The best sort.
Finn Shaw-McIver
(Gruppe Rookie - 102)

Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #15723 geschrieben Feb 21 2013, 01:12:19 Zitat 
Quote ( Louis Francis @ February 21st 2013,01:10:07 )

who?

teams
Robert Kearney
(Gruppe Pro - 10)

Einträge: 3248
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #15724 geschrieben Feb 21 2013, 01:13:22 Zitat 

Quote ( Kirsty Ridley @ February 21st 2013,00:24:04 )

Was the post on Rons profile announced to the team so they could defend it though? I get most of us know nothing...but if they are the sum total of posts aimed at Ron its a bit oversensitive. And to have that on his profile is just waiting for a response surely? From here it looks like the publicity didn't come from this thread...but from the profile comments

I think there is a difference Kirsty if I am honest. I did think about that before I posted. I think posting your view on your own team page is different than posting things on the Gpro forum for all to read and comment on at leisure.

I believe he posted on his own page in order to highlight an issue, probably to his own team, or rather previous team. But I don't understand why a team would respond this way, I just believe a private post to Ron would give both the means to get things off their chest.

I don't like the idea of guys making comments in a public domain after reading of a squabble from a team and a former member. Surely all the dirty washing being laundered in public does nobody any good, the team nor Ron. The worst bit is the walllies who decide to wade in without knowing the facts.

So I go back to the point I was trying to make that a team should air their own conflicts to each other privately, not in public for the so called "vultures" from Daryl to circle.

Never come across any bad mouthing in Gpro before, just thought knowing Ron that I might get in some defence of him as he hasn't defended himself. Equally, I don't claim to know about the internal wrangling of said team at all.
Louis Francis
(Gruppe Rookie - 102)

Einträge: 5542
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (0)   Gefällt mir nicht (1)
Alter Eintrag #15725 geschrieben Feb 21 2013, 01:17:10 Zitat 
Quote ( Finn Shaw-McIver @ February 21st 2013,01:12:19 )

who?

Bigfoot.
Michael Winkley
(Gruppe Master - 4)

Land:
Wales 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #15726 geschrieben Feb 21 2013, 01:19:34 Zitat 
Robert, that is what I just said, only that you used about 400 words instead of my 50. ;p
Finn Shaw-McIver
(Gruppe Rookie - 102)

Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #15727 geschrieben Feb 21 2013, 01:23:31 Zitat 
Quote ( Louis Francis @ February 21st 2013,01:17:10 )

Bigfoot.

hahaha I forgot about that, that wasn't insulting him, it was just a fantastic practical joke
Robert Kearney
(Gruppe Pro - 10)

Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #15728 geschrieben Feb 21 2013, 01:28:09 Zitat 
Quote ( Michael Winkley @ February 21st 2013,01:19:34 )

Robert, that is what I just said, only that you used about 400 words instead of my 50. ;p

That's fine Michael, didn't realise there was a word limit !

Plus, I was actually responding to Kirsty,

though I do agree with what you said by the way ;)
Michael Winkley
(Gruppe Master - 4)

Land:
Wales 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #15729 geschrieben Feb 21 2013, 01:32:58 Zitat 
There is always a word limit; you have to remember that most people reading these forums have the attention span of a meerkat. ;p
Robert Kearney
(Gruppe Pro - 10)

Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (2)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #15730 geschrieben Feb 21 2013, 02:14:16 (letzte Änderung Feb 21 2013, 02:44:00 von Robert Kearney) Zitat 
Got to "There is always a" ................ Then I am afraid. I nodded off ;)

Better ?
Jonathan Beagles
(Gruppe Amateur - 9)

Einträge: 6126
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (0)   Gefällt mir nicht (3)
Alter Eintrag #15731 geschrieben Feb 21 2013, 02:28:55 Zitat 

At the end of the day, I hope you let Ron know you we're responding to his post. Otherwise you are making judgements about him and giving guys on gpro a one sided impression. If he knew about it he could respond and defend himself.

I PM'd him when I wrote it - no response as yet.

Perhaps he responded to the verbal jousting a little too much. But I can also see how he might feel a newcomer to his team was bullying him and undermining his position.

Get your facts right - both Pete and Ron were in Versant previously before both left and then returned at different times. I'd go as far to say that Pete is more experienced than Ron.

The point is - if Ron had dropped me a PM to keep this private, I'd have responded in private. The fact that he's put that on his profile puts it in the public domain. Fact.

As such I don't want negative - and frankly false - comments about my team in the public domain if I can help it. Hence me putting this here, and PM'ing Ron and his team to let them all know.
Robert Kearney
(Gruppe Pro - 10)

Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #15732 geschrieben Feb 21 2013, 02:40:57 (letzte Änderung Feb 21 2013, 02:44:58 von Robert Kearney) Zitat 
Fair do's to you then Jonathan.

As I said, I didn't know the full facts, I was just annoyed that guys were posting left right and centre on this forum about things which were to say the least very one sided.
I didn't and haven't been into your teams history but fairly and truly when I saw this post I felt that you did indeed put your internal arguments into the gpro domain on a forum, which is not just quite the same as posting on your own profile IMO.

I feel happier that at least pm ing him gives you both the opportunity to get things straight privately. I am not defending Rons actions by the way, just defending somebody who may not have been aware he was part of a gpro forum discussion.

Ps... Sorry for the length Mikey.
Pps. I didn't dislike your previous post by the way Jonathan.
Jonathan Beagles
(Gruppe Amateur - 9)

Einträge: 6126
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (2)   Gefällt mir nicht (2)
Alter Eintrag #15733 geschrieben Feb 21 2013, 02:53:18 Zitat 
Quote ( Robert Kearney @ February 21st 2013,02:40:57 )

I was just annoyed that guys were posting left right and centre on this forum about things which were to say the least very one sided.

They are one-sided I agree - but I also think that that's the case for a reason. I honestly don't see what Ron can say to back himself up!

One of the most frustrating from my point of view is that we turned down other applicants when Ron applied, based on him being a former team-member and someone we trusted. Also based on him being the personable guy you see on the forums, and someone we thought would be loyal to the team - as it was only RL that saw him leave the time before.

It's unprecedented in our team history that someone would join/leave with the view of stealing data/tools - and to set up a new team immediately afterwards smacks of there being an element of forethought to it IMHO.

Also if Pete really did offend him (which I still doubt) then the way he reacted was completely inappropriate - the more I look at it the more I think I should have had a word with Ron about not taking the banter in the spirit it was intended! It's worth noting that Pete made several jokes about a couple of team members profile pictures, which Ron seems to have conveniently ignored in his attempts to demonise Pete and the team... :|
Ron Gojkovich
(Gruppe Pro - 11)

Einträge: 231
  Land:
Kanada 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (11)   Gefällt mir nicht (1)
Alter Eintrag #15734 geschrieben Feb 21 2013, 04:24:47 (letzte Änderung Feb 21 2013, 04:48:41 von Ron Gojkovich) Zitat 
Quote ( Gary Mullins @ February 21st 2013,00:23:36 )

I'm leaning more towards Ron being bullied. I counted five posts poking fun at Ron's appearance. - a little OTT. One or two is fine.

Yes Gary, to my recollection it was 5 consecutive insults in a row, they were not mixed in over a period of time with any other banter, advice, strategy, encouragement or posts otherwise from Pete. Once it began, if there was a comment directed towards me from Pete it was an insult and only an insult. I clearly voiced my displeasure but to no avail.

Once I reached my limit I simply quit Versant after posting my reason in the team forum, I saw no reason to remain with a team that would not raise a voice in support, but in turn decided to remain silent. This inaction astonished me having been a member for 10 seasons. Nor did anyone from Versant reach out to me after I left, with the exception of Pete himself, however I chose not to read his PM, weather it was an apology or final insult I do not care to know.

It was only when I started my own team did Jon and Kiran start bashing me publicly, and in response I updated my Profile rather than stoop to the level of airing our now decided differences in a general public forum. Yet today I see that sadly Jon feels it necessary to continue down this path, however aside from this response I will not be baited into further discussion on this matter.

Thanks you to those who have sent me PM’s in support, I was wondering what might be going on when I saw my mailbox lit up like a Christmas tree.

p.s. Note Jon did send me a PM today, in fact he PM'ed my entire team which is a very immature thing to do in my opinion.
Tim-Oliver Wagner
(Gruppe Pro - 15)

Einträge: 6250
  Land:
Deutschland 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (1)   Gefällt mir nicht (3)
Alter Eintrag #15735 geschrieben Feb 21 2013, 04:58:35 Zitat 
Mudfight! Mudfight! Mudfight!

Bring it on ladies! :)
Dan Neumann
(Gruppe Rookie - 11)

Einträge: 1404
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #15736 geschrieben Feb 21 2013, 05:19:25 Zitat 
Quote ( Michael Winkley @ February 21st 2013,00:21:37 )

I seriously doubt that anyone would intentionally post something offensive directed at a team mate, but maybe that is because my experience of teams has been of a friendly nature.

I would not have a problem insulting you mate! :P

Quote ( Michael Winkley @ February 21st 2013,00:21:37 )

Dan Neumann doesn't have a profile picture simply because all of the psychological damage I have caused him is clearly visible on his face.

I thought all of my scars were purely psychological, but at least now I know they manifest themselves physically. (Now I know it is all your fault I can't take my profile picture)

Quote ( Ryan Clarke @ February 21st 2013,01:02:13 )

No-one ever says a bad word about eachother in the Surreal forums...it's all hugs and kisses! *shifty*

I say bad things about the Surreal forums! They smell and I stick to the floor, I wouldn't want to hang around in there :O

Quote ( Louis Francis @ February 21st 2013,01:10:07 )

That's why you don't get an awesome person like me joining, I'm a sensitive character you know.

Quote ( Robert Kearney @ February 21st 2013,01:13:22 )

I don't like the idea of guys making comments in a public domain after reading of a squabble from a team and a former member. Surely all the dirty washing being laundered in public does nobody any good

Yeah t'Winkles, Zip it!

Quote ( Michael Winkley @ February 21st 2013,01:19:34 )

German efficiency... Oh wait.

Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ February 21st 2013,02:28:55 )

I'd go as far to say that Pete is more experienced than Ron.

You been spying??? :O

P.S. All comments made after 4am while really quite drunk (this is a disclaimer btw)
Dan Neumann
(Gruppe Rookie - 11)

Einträge: 1404
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #15737 geschrieben Feb 21 2013, 05:43:40 Zitat 
Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ February 21st 2013,02:53:18 )

It's worth noting that Pete made several jokes about a couple of team members profile pictures

Mr. Pee Pee man made jokes? Pahh; he should go suck on another urinal cake!!!
Thomas Wesker
(Gruppe Amateur - 19)

Einträge: 1661
  Land:
Belgien 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (0)   Gefällt mir nicht (1)
Alter Eintrag #15738 geschrieben Feb 21 2013, 07:11:27 Zitat 
Quote ( Dan Neumann @ February 21st 2013,05:43:40 )

Pahh; he should go suck on another urinal cake!!!

Man! Some have breakfast while reading the forums, didn't you know that?

Thank you very much! :p
Lee Ifans
(Gruppe Pro - 18)

Einträge: 3674
  Land:
Wales 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (1)   Gefällt mir nicht (1)
Alter Eintrag #15739 geschrieben Feb 21 2013, 08:19:43 Zitat 
Quote ( Tim-Oliver Wagner @ February 21st 2013,04:58:35 )

Mudfight! Mudfight! Mudfight!

Bring it on ladies! :)

My name is Lee Ifans and I endorse this message.
Geir Pukk
(Gruppe Rookie - 353)

Einträge: 2526
  Land:
Estland 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (3)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #15740 geschrieben Feb 21 2013, 08:32:36 (letzte Änderung Feb 21 2013, 08:33:45 von Geir Pukk) Zitat 
I shall not give a thumb up or a thumb down here. I see it as two-sided.

It was not nice of Pete to make fun of Ron's looks but I also think that Ron should have stood up for himself not wait for others to stand up for him. Maybe others thougt of it as jokes, how can they know that you find Pete's behaviour disrespcting and insulting if you son't say it to others. I actually thougt of Pete's posts more as jokes not insults, and I'm sure some others agree with me. I find it a bit childish to wait for others to stand up for you.

This is just my opinion, no hard feelings :)
Karl-Martin Müür
(Gruppe Amateur - 48)

Einträge: 1421
  Land:
Estland 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #15741 geschrieben Feb 21 2013, 08:53:23 Zitat 
Quote ( Ryan Clarke @ February 21st 2013,01:02:13 )

mwhahaha, I think u havent read the forums then :D
Peter Thompson
(Gruppe Pro - 1)

Einträge: 1645
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (12)   Gefällt mir nicht (1)
Alter Eintrag #15742 geschrieben Feb 21 2013, 09:41:31 (letzte Änderung Feb 21 2013, 09:45:29 von Peter Thompson) Zitat 
What an absolute nonsense all this is.

We are talking about a 6 foot, 16 stone adult who is a CEO of his own company. I posted some gentle ribbing to bring him out of his shell as he wasn't posting or joining in with the team. I knew nothing of his personal circumstances. He didn't raise any grievance with me, Jon or the team (posting 'Asshole!!' does not constitute clearly voicing displeasure and I took that as a return of banter and I was pleased he'd actually posted something!) When he left the team it was without warning. When I found out I'd hurt his feelings I was mortified and immediately apologised to him and the team. I pm-ed Ron and offered to step down and leave Versant so he could return and was ignored.

Daryl, this was not the same Ron you used to know in the team forum. In the past we'd have had banter. I clearly misjudged Ron's intentions and his reactions and I'll take this opportunity to apologise for hurting his feelings.

However, come on. I mean, come on. Really? At the same time as this went on, I also suggested that David Maher was the love-child of ITV football presented Adrian Chiles. Mind you he hates me, too...

I think Ron's reaction has been ridiculous for a grown man. Had he done what he said he did and raised a grievance, I'd have grovelled to him for forgiveness and all would be well. He has chosen to act like a child and fabricate half the tale, so no wonder the team have drawn conclusions as to his intentions.

Lord only know what would have happened if I'd taken his profile picture as my alter ego and written 'wee wee' on it...
Cale Murray
(Gruppe Amateur - 58)

Einträge: 4072
  Land:
Australien 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (5)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #15743 geschrieben Feb 21 2013, 09:52:05 Zitat 
to be honest guys this is all just silly you are all grown Men it should not be all out in public.
David Rolleston1
(Gruppe Amateur - 59)

Einträge: 2618
  Land:
Schottland 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (2)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #15744 geschrieben Feb 21 2013, 10:17:12 Zitat 
I always find these kind of discussions amusing, it really does make you wonder what the hell goes on in folks heads when it comes to playing a game and the way they interact with other people.

I only know Pete through a brief spell we shared together at Wankel, but it was clear long before he joined (from his forum posts) that he is a wind up merchant and enjoys engaging in some banter, I am surprised given the length of time Ron has played the game he did not know this.

From the posts Jon has put forward I must admit that my initial reaction was that Ron needed to grow a pair and should have done some ribbing back.

But in reality you don't know what sort of mental state folk are in, or what they might have had to endure in the past. Clearly at that time Ron couldn't have been in a good place if he was offended by the comments Pete made with no attempt to make a suitable response.

Get well soon Ron, I hope you have a good season ahead.

Peter - bring back the hookee impersonation!
Norman Dilthey
(Gruppe Pro - 15)

Einträge: 84
  Land:
Deutschland 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #15745 geschrieben Feb 21 2013, 10:20:59 Zitat 
Quote ( Cale Murray @ February 21st 2013,09:52:05 )

to be honest guys this is all just silly you are all grown Men it should not be all out in public.

Cale, thank you for that comment. You are right.
Michał Kubski
(Gruppe Amateur - 53)

Einträge: 5716
  Land:
Polen 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #15746 geschrieben Feb 21 2013, 10:25:56 Zitat 
Who else but Quagmire Pete!? :D

Reaaaaly? Should "Look-a-like's Thread" be closed 'cause of all the insults flung with every post now? I thought it was some proper yummy dirt. I mean, Pete also made some unfavorable comparisons at my expense, but it was him having an affair with whom later turned out to be his... wife (!) that made me hate him. Bastard.
Carlos Villacastin
(Gruppe Amateur - 2)

Einträge: 2615
  Land:
Spanien 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (8)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #15747 geschrieben Feb 21 2013, 10:37:19 Zitat 
I said Jimmy is gay and I was kicked out of W&C. I understand completely this.
Seite « 1 2 3 ... 524 [525526 ... 1017 1018 1019 » Schneller Sprung auf Seite:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > A general GPRO team discussion thread Füge dieses Thema Deiner Blockierliste zu Füge dieses Thema Deinen Favoriten zu

auf dieses Thema antworten