Peter Willmore
(Gruppe Amateur - 26)

Einträge: 3616
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (0)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #631 geschrieben Mai 18 2019, 13:21:03 Zitat 
Quote ( John Ibbotson @ May 18th 2019,13:17:22 )

I hope there is going to be a thorough investigation of the "rocket" fuel Luigi is using after the race :)

I think he is running my engine as well as his own, where as my driver is running along like Fred Flintstone in his car :)
Jonathan Beagles
(Gruppe Amateur - 59)

Themenmoderator
Einträge: 6126
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #632 geschrieben Mai 18 2019, 14:08:35 Zitat 
1957 Italian GP - Lap 64-72

Lap 64 – Gerard holds up Musso again, but he has a significant amount of time to try and make the pass work as his team-mate/rear-gunner Maglioli is some 26 seconds behind with a further 3.9 seconds back to the advancing Perdisa in 4th…meanwhile Castellotti continues to niggle away at Collins, though without much luck. Flockhart continues to fight with Salvadori, but they have rather dropped Simon this lap so there are no consequences for the Cooper of another failed overtake.

Lap 65 – The top two pit, but thanks to some sterling work by the Maserati squad Gerard manages to get out ahead of Musso. They emerge in 4th and 5th to give Maglioli the lead from Perdisa and von Trips. Hawthorn, Behra and Fangio all pit for what is likely the final time this lap, and they come out in 16th, 18th and 19th respectively – while Simon and Fairman also pit to emerge in 20th and 21st respectively a lap down.

Lap 66 – Maglioli, von Trips, Collins, Castellotti, Gould, de Beaufort and Gibson all pit on this lap. That means Perdisa leads from Gerard, with Musso attacking the erstwhile leader – but without any luck on this lap. Piotti is up to 4th with Brabham 5th and Maglioli out in 6th ahead of von Trips in 7th overall.

Gonzalez is now 8th, from Menditeguy 9th and Salvadori desperately defending his newly found Top 10 place from Flockhart! In the pits the Cooper team do some incredible work to get Castellotti out in front of Collins and to help him make the pass and secure the net 6th place from the Vanwall.

Hawthorn will be next up to challenge Collins, with Behra and Fangio not far back either. Gould is out in 17th with de Beaufort out in 18th and that is significant, as he has made a net gain by leaping ahead of Simon through the pit-stops! Gibson re-joins in 22nd, behind Leston – though the Porsche is yet to pit of course…

Lap 67 – Brabham and Flockhart both pit from 5th and 11th, managing to emerge in 13th and 17th respectively in an otherwise quiet lap…

Lap 68 – Musso keeps pushing Gerard, but he is simply unable to push past the Maserati. Collins is holding up Hawthorn now, as Castellotti looks to use his new-found freedom to improve his position ASAP! Leston is yet to stop for the final time but is simply unable to make further progress with Fairman the latest driver blocking his path.

Lap 69 – Perdisa pits from the lead, with Gerard now back into the race lead ahead of Musso and Piotti (who is yet to pit) – and as the Italian in the Italian car comes out of the pits he sees Maglioli in his rear-view mirror and moves over quickly to defend the position and effectively gain a podium position as a result of staying out for those few laps longer!!!

Gonzalez blocks team-mate Menditeguy, as the Argentine duo squabble for what will be the final time thanks to the former’s impending retirement. Meanwhile Salvadori also comes into the pits to promote Castellotti into 9th and Collins back inside the Top 10. Salvadori comes out in 16th again, with Flockhart still behind him after some smart work by the Vanwall team in the pits.

Leston meanwhile may be yet to pit on his alternative 4 stop strategy, but he is at least having some fun in his lighter car – as he drives around the outside of both Fairman and Simon at Parabolica in what has to be the move of the race so far!!!

Lap 70 – Gerard continues to defend from Musso, and with Perdisa now up to 3rd you have to wonder whether 22 seconds will be enough of a lead from the leading duo if they keep fighting like this!!! Piotti pits from 3rd and the Maserati mechanics are really on it here, as he emerges comfortably ahead of Castellotti, Collins and Hawthorn in what is now 7th place!

Gonzalez pits to emerge in 15th between Gould and Salvadori as before, while Leston couldn’t be any closer to de Beaufort at this point!

Lap 71 – Leston pits from 19th to emerge in 22nd and will now try to bridge the 30 second gap to Gibson ahead of him. Simon blocks Fairman for what is now 19th, though the Vanwall will need to be more inventive than that if he is to surprise the BRM…

Lap 72 – Another lap for Musso to be thwarted by the obstinate Gerard, which means Perdisa in 3rd is now just 20 seconds behind the pair of them. Meanwhile Scarlatti pits from last place, meaning Menditeguy is the only man on track yet to pit – and surely he must come in soon?!?

https://i.imgur.com/KQALvsb.jpg
Jonathan Beagles
(Gruppe Amateur - 59)

Themenmoderator
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #633 geschrieben Mai 18 2019, 14:57:13 Zitat 
1957 Italian GP - Lap 73-80

Lap 73 – Musso is blocked by Gerard again, while the inevitable befalls Menditeguy as his failure to come into the pits results in him running out of fuel on the back straight. And that will be great news for Gibson who is into the Top 20, Leston up to 21st and it will eventually put Scarlatti up to 22nd as a result!

Lap 74 – Perdisa is not making the progress he needs to be able to catch the leading duo, despite the fact that Musso is still harassing Gerard every lap without fail, as he tries to force a mistake from the leader! Meanwhile it’s a case of so near yet so far for Flockhart, who is starting to let de Beaufort into the frame for 15th position.

Lap 75 – It looks like a straight fight for the race win between Gerard and Musso, with the latter continuing to make every effort to pass the Maserati. Meanwhile de Beaufort is only 1.4 seconds behind the Salvadori-Flockhart battle as a result of their squabbling.

Lap 76 – Von Trips has been catching Maglioli for 4th, while Musso has managed to sit on Gerard’s tail this lap rather than making an overtaking manoeuvre…

At the back Simon blocks Fairman in the fight for 18th place, as the race nears its conclusion.

Lap 77 – Musso tries hard this time to put together a move that Gerard can’t defend from, but doesn’t anticipate such a tigerish defence from the Champion, as the Maserati shuts the door firmly on the BRM at the 1st Lesmo and almost causes a collision in the process!

Maglioli keeps blocking von Trips in their fight over 4th as it looks like the Top 5 are now confirmed given that Piotti is over 20 seconds back with just 10 laps remaining.

Lap 78 – Musso is getting desperate and tries to pass up the inside at Rettifilo Centro, with no luck whatsoever! Hawthorn is pushing Collins for 8th place, and Salvadori’s blocking of Flockhart has allowed de Beaufort to close to within 1 second of that pair…

Lap 79 – Musso decides to hang back and time his next effort for the following lap in what is an otherwise quiet lap.

Lap 80 – Musso manages to pull level with Gerard, but he is on the outside at Parabolica and there’s no hope of pass there…though that doesn’t stop von Trips trying the same thing in his desperation to make a pass on Maglioli for 4th overall.

https://i.imgur.com/2WllBQB.jpg
Mairo Toom
(Gruppe Pro - 17)

Einträge: 12780
  Land:
Estland 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #634 geschrieben Mai 18 2019, 15:01:35 Zitat 
This will go dowlnlo yo the very last lap...
Jonathan Beagles
(Gruppe Amateur - 59)

Themenmoderator
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #635 geschrieben Mai 18 2019, 15:31:32 Zitat 
1957 Italian GP - Lap 81-87

Lap 81 – Musso is starting to run out of laps, as another passing attempt goes begging…

Lap 82 – And another attempt at the 1st Lesmo is unsuccessful, as the BRM is struggling to offer enough of an attacking move to gain the lead that looked nailed on earlier! Collins blocking of Hawthorn now has Brabham just 0.3 seconds behind the pair of them as this battle looks like it’s about to explode into action…

Lap 83 – Von Trips again is unable to make his move stick, given that Maglioli knows this lap like the back of his hand! Meanwhile Fairman runs badly wide as he tries to apply pressure to Simon for 18th overall.

Lap 84 – It’s another Musso dive at the 1st Lesmo, but Gerard looks to have the measure of the BRM with time running out. It’s a rare respite for Collins this lap, as Hawthorn is too busy defending from Brabham to offer an attacking option!

Lap 85 – Von Trips best chance at passing Maglioli comes and goes, as the German does get past into Rettifilo Centro, but is unable to hold the position as he is forced to the outside at Parabolica.

Lap 86 – On the penultimate lap Musso looks like he is out of ideas, and a pass round the outside at the 2nd Lesmo was never going to come off…while Brabham tries to overhaul Hawthorn without much luck either.

Salvadori blocking Flockhart looks like it won’t hinder the Cooper too much, as de Beaufort hasn’t managed to keep pace well enough to affect that duo.

Lap 87 – Gerard fends off a final lap attempt by Musso to overtake him, to claim his 5th win and 4th hat-trick of the season!!! Musso’s 2nd place means that he book-ends the season with points finishes – and takes his 1st podium ever in the process!

Perdisa claims his 2nd points finish in a row with 3rd here, which is his 2nd podium ever in the process. However, he has already announced his F1R retirement to focus on sportscar racing instead, so this will be his final ever race in the series.

Maglioli holds onto 4th place from von Trips, despite the Ferrari’s final lap dive up the inside at the 1st Lesmo, which is ultimately unsuccessful. And that completes a distinguished career for the BRM driver, who ends his time in F1R with this performance.

Piotti finishes a decent 6th (his best result of the season), ahead of Castellotti 7th (in his final ever GP), Collins a solid 8th after a strong defensive driving display, Hawthorn 9th and Brabham 10th as the Ferrari’s manage to battle without crashing into each other!

Behra comes home 11th ahead of the returning Fangio 12th, Gould 13th, Gonzalez 14th (who is taking a break from F1R for the foreseeable future), Salvadori 15th, Flockhart 16th, de Beaufort 17th, Simon 18th (in his final ever F1R race) and Fairman 19th overall.

+1 – Gibson rounds out the Top 20 a lap down, with Leston 21st in his final ever race in the series.

+4 – Scarlatti comes home at last, after a tough race that does at least see him claim two consecutive race finishes for the first time in his career.

https://i.imgur.com/C2XlvLr.jpg
Jonathan Beagles
(Gruppe Amateur - 59)

Themenmoderator
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #636 geschrieben Mai 18 2019, 15:34:20 Zitat 

https://i.imgur.com/zY7j7Nl.jpg
Mairo Toom
(Gruppe Pro - 17)

Land:
Estland 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (1)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #637 geschrieben Mai 18 2019, 15:35:10 Zitat 
A bit sad, but a strong last race for BRM. We will be back stronger next seaaon !
Jonathan Beagles
(Gruppe Amateur - 59)

Themenmoderator
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #638 geschrieben Mai 18 2019, 15:36:42 Zitat 

https://i.imgur.com/r8gMnkP.jpg
Mairo Toom
(Gruppe Pro - 17)

Land:
Estland 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #639 geschrieben Mai 18 2019, 15:41:22 Zitat 
My last race setup was that much off the perfect (13th), but I still finished 2nd ? How come this makes sense ?
Jonathan Beagles
(Gruppe Amateur - 59)

Themenmoderator
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #640 geschrieben Mai 18 2019, 16:01:44 Zitat 

https://i.imgur.com/FdRIfOQ.jpg

Gerard's title was confirmed last race, but given the pressure he had from Musso this race it looks doubtful he will repeat his domination of this season next time around...Collins, Hawthorn, Behra and Fangio may not have scored points this race but it's a solid end to the season for the drivers in 2nd through to 5th overall.

Von Trips points today are enough to move him up to 6th in the standings, but it is certainly not the season the Ferrari would have hoped for after he won the final race in 1956.  Maglioli finishes his F1R career with a decent 7th place in the final standings, while BRM's strong finish to the season see Musso up to 8th overall.

Salvadori drops to 9th in the standings after a tough end to the season, while Perdisa finishes his F1R career with Top 10 in the standings thanks to an impressive final couple of races!  That drops Trintignant to 11th, Gould to 12th and Gonzalez to 13th - though the Argentine hasn't ruled out a return in a future season for Connaught.

Fairman was so close to points this season, but must settle for 14th, with Piotti's strong final race moving him up to 15th in the final reckoning.  Brabham, the retiring Castellotti, Menditeguy, Flockhart and Bonnier round out the Top 20 overall.

There are no changes below 20th, as we bid farewell to Simon, Leston and non-runners England and Volonterio after this race.
Jonathan Beagles
(Gruppe Amateur - 59)

Themenmoderator
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #641 geschrieben Mai 18 2019, 16:03:39 Zitat 
Quote ( Mairo Toom @ May 18th 2019,15:41:22 )

My last race setup was that much off the perfect (13th), but I still finished 2nd ? How come this makes sense ?

Multiplier having too much of a weighting - you really boosted yours this race, and given the fact that the difference between 1st and 13th is a mere 0.009 that's how you managed to be so far towards the front.

Next season I have addressed this issue.
Jonathan Beagles
(Gruppe Amateur - 59)

Themenmoderator
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #642 geschrieben Mai 18 2019, 17:14:01 Zitat 
Completed Milestones for 1957 Italian GP

40th race entry for José Froilán González
20th race entry for Jack Brabham, Eugenio Castellotti, Jack Fairman, Luigi Musso, Cesare Perdisa and André Simon

Collins and Hawthorn up to 2nd and 3rd respectively in Most Race Entries (at the expense of Toulo de Graffenried)
Moss into Top 10 for Most Race Entries (at the expense of Alberto Ascari)

Trintignant up to 6th in Most Races without a Win (at the expense of Piero Taruffi)

20th race start for Jean Behra, Jack Brabham, Jack Fairman and Cesare Perdisa
10th race start for Horace Gould

Win for Gerard means he has won 50% of his races, and goes top of the % wins category (at the expense of Ken Wharton)

Win for Gerard makes it 4 in a row – which is a new record for Most Consecutive Wins!

Win for Gerard is his 3rd victory in Italy (after 1950 and 1951), other winners here are Paul Pietsch (1952 – Retired), Roy Salvadori (1953), Hermann Lang (1954 – Retired), Giuseppe Farina (1955 – Retired) and Wolfgang von Trips (1956)

Hat-Trick for Gerard is his 11th hat-trick ever

Points finish for Gerard is his 40th points finish ever

Points finish for Maglioli moves him into the Top 10 (at the expense of Élie Bayol)

Podium finish for Perdisa moves him into 6th in most points without a win

Points finish for von Trips moves him into the Top 10 in Most Points without being World Champion (at the expense of Franco Rol)

Points finish for Gerard extends his record for Most consecutive Top 5 finishes to 14 in total

FL for Gerard makes it his 5th Fastest Lap in a row, which breaks his own record

Gerard achieves 4th Fastest Lap in Italy (which is a new record for Most FL’s at one track) after 1950, 1952 and 1956. Others to set a FL at the Italian GP are Peter Whitehead (1951 – Retired), Roy Salvadori (1953), Hermann Lang (1954 – Retired) and Giuseppe Farina (1955 – Retired)

Pole for Gerard is his 20th Pole Position ever!

Pole for Gerard is his 7th consecutive Pole Position, which is a brand-new record!

Pole for Gerard here is his 3rd Pole at the Italian GP ever (after 1950 and 1951). Other Polesitters here are Peter Whitehead (1952 – Retired), Roy Salvadori (1953), Luigi Villoresi (1954 – Retired), Giuseppe Farina (1955 – Retired) and Toulo de Graffenried (1956 – Retired).

Podium for Gerard is the 2nd time he has managed the feat of 7 consecutive podiums
Jonathan Beagles
(Gruppe Amateur - 59)

Themenmoderator
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #643 geschrieben Mai 18 2019, 18:17:45 (letzte Änderung Mai 18 2019, 18:18:02 von Jonathan Beagles) Zitat 
Financial status for all players here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B0jKvdmMJdvPdwnIL64Y...

Note - this is after end of season Prizes and Taxation.
Jonathan Beagles
(Gruppe Amateur - 59)

Themenmoderator
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #644 geschrieben Mai 18 2019, 18:22:28 Zitat 

https://i.imgur.com/0tmUTgL.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/NN9ShrD.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/OC0qbhc.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/UUYkx5c.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Gle1Xsg.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/lflwd2i.jpg
Kyle Morris
(Gruppe Pro - 7)

Einträge: 6688
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #645 geschrieben Mai 18 2019, 18:28:10 Zitat 
I think we need to start having Bob stats then stats without Bob xD
Jonathan Beagles
(Gruppe Amateur - 59)

Themenmoderator
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #646 geschrieben Mai 18 2019, 18:49:48 Zitat 
Quote ( Kyle Morris @ May 18th 2019,18:28:10 )

I think we need to start having Bob stats then stats without Bob xD

Haha - well from next season onwards Bob is only going to be adding to those stats if he is actually doing the best setups in a top car :)
Jonathan Beagles
(Gruppe Amateur - 59)

Themenmoderator
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #647 geschrieben Mai 19 2019, 01:31:57 Zitat 
Maserati use the arrival of the end of season to announce the promotion of another Crew Chief in their ranks, which has a massive negative effect on morale in their camp due to the fact that they already have a Crew Chief in place in the shape of Gioacchino Colombo!  The promotion of Vittorio Bellentani to Crew Chief alongside Colombo causes several staff to resign in exasperation and looks to have caused some issues in the skills available within the Maserati pit-crew!
Jonathan Beagles
(Gruppe Amateur - 59)

Themenmoderator
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #648 geschrieben Mai 19 2019, 02:09:15 (letzte Änderung Mai 21 2019, 00:01:53 von Jonathan Beagles) Zitat 
What am I waiting for to launch the 1958 thread?

1 - Thierry Lecourt to confirm whether he is playing next season or not.

2 - Ben Gilbert to choose his 1958 driver.

3 - Me to send out new season objectives and budgets for Team Principals.

Once all the above has happened I will be able to post the new thread and launch the 1958 season.  Here's hoping it'll all be done very soon!
Mairo Toom
(Gruppe Pro - 17)

Land:
Estland 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #649 geschrieben Mai 19 2019, 02:10:15 Zitat 
Olrait, lets go guys ! :)
Jonathan Beagles
(Gruppe Amateur - 59)

Themenmoderator
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #650 geschrieben Mai 19 2019, 13:40:17 Zitat 
Ferrari have promoted Mike Mansell to Race Engineer, and this decision has caused uproar at Ferrari - with many supports of their other Crew Chief (Paul Pietsch) citing this as their reason for leaving the outfit, and taking with them all the skills that had been gathered in the process!

It's going to be tough time for Mansell in his new role to restore faith within the Crew...
Bálint Turi-Kováts
(Gruppe Rookie - 172)

Einträge: 772
  Land:
Ungarn 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #651 geschrieben Mai 19 2019, 13:48:37 Zitat 
Just one place away from my first points! Looking forward to the new season. Congrats John for another dominant year and thank you Jon for hosting!
Jonathan Beagles
(Gruppe Amateur - 59)

Themenmoderator
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #652 geschrieben Mai 19 2019, 16:08:40 Zitat 
Quote ( Bálint Turi-Kováts @ May 19th 2019,13:48:37 )

Just one place away from my first points! Looking forward to the new season. Congrats John for another dominant year and thank you Jon for hosting!

No worries mate - fingers crossed next season should be a lot more exciting :)
Jun Ho
(Gruppe Retired)

Einträge: 8525
  Land:
Hong Kong 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #653 geschrieben Mai 19 2019, 21:48:01 Zitat 
Cheers for hosting this again JB!! Love this!!!!

Bring on 1958!!
Jonathan Beagles
(Gruppe Amateur - 59)

Themenmoderator
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #654 geschrieben Mai 21 2019, 00:01:32 (letzte Änderung Mai 21 2019, 00:02:13 von Jonathan Beagles) Zitat 
Having checked, Thierry isn't in a team and has missed 3 consecutive GPRO races (as well as the last F1R race) and not logged in for 12 days in a row.

So I will set up the new thread ASAP and we will get going!

If Thierry ever responds to my PM he can take back Masten Gregory (if no-one else has chosen him). If another player has chosen him then he will get 1st pick at the other remaining drivers.
Jun Ho
(Gruppe Retired)

Einträge: 8525
  Land:
Hong Kong 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #655 geschrieben Mai 21 2019, 00:38:04 Zitat 
woo
Seite « 1 2 3 ... 20 21 [22 Schneller Sprung auf Seite:

auf dieses Thema antworten