Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Drop in driver concentration Füge dieses Thema Deiner Blockierliste zu Füge dieses Thema Deinen Favoriten zu
Seite [1
Autor Thema: Drop in driver concentration 18 Antworten
Rob Benney
(Gruppe Amateur - 7)

Einträge: 391
  Land:
Kanada 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (0)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #1 geschrieben Jun 2 2018, 18:41:17 Zitat 
Did a search but couldn't find anything, so here goes.
After the season reboot my driver dropped 2 concentration points but for the last 2 seaon reboots he has gained 2points. Any ideas? Or is it just cos he has hit the grand old age of 31, I though point dropping didn't start til they reached 34.
Andrew Watson
(Gruppe Master - 2)

Einträge: 2946
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (1)   Gefällt mir nicht (1)
Alter Eintrag #2 geschrieben Jun 2 2018, 18:42:25 (letzte Änderung Jun 2 2018, 18:42:33 von Andrew Watson) Zitat 
Age affects it. And you didn't pay proper attention in previous seasons ;)
Paul Williams
(Gruppe Pro - 3)

Einträge: 435
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #3 geschrieben Jun 2 2018, 18:43:24 Zitat 
My driver is 31 and also dropped 2 concentration! Coincidence? No no it is not. I beleive 31 an above it drops during/after reset at an older age maybe it will drop throughout the season too.
John Slevin
(Gruppe Rookie - 100)

Einträge: 217
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (0)   Gefällt mir nicht (2)
Alter Eintrag #4 geschrieben Jun 2 2018, 18:43:59 Zitat 
As drivers age they will start losing some of their abilities after every race at the age of 35. The older they get the faster they will lose skills.
looks like gpro have screwed you
Jasper Coosemans1
(Gruppe Master - 4)

Einträge: 3021
  Land:
Belgien 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (1)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #5 geschrieben Jun 2 2018, 18:45:16 Zitat 
Paul is correct. The thing with age above 34 is that drivers will lose skills race by race.

During season reset, all drivers can lose or gain some skills (note how even young drivers lose stamina, for example). The change in concentration is directly dependent on their age.
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Gruppe Pro - 17)

Einträge: 2729
  Land:
Mexiko 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #6 geschrieben Jun 2 2018, 18:45:41 Zitat 
Quote ( Rob Benney @ June 2nd 2018,18:41:17 )

Did a search but couldn't find anything, so here goes.
After the season reboot my driver dropped 2 concentration points but for the last 2 seaon reboots he has gained 2points. Any ideas? Or is it just cos he has hit the grand old age of 31, I though point dropping didn't start til they reached 34.

He is getting old and thus the first degradation symptoms appear:

He only lost 2 conc during the reset, very different when you have a driver at age 36 that loses ability every race.

Until 35 you will only have reset loses so keeping a driver over 30 is just a balancing game of loosing some (and recovering them via training) and the other attributes the driver has.
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Gruppe Pro - 17)

Einträge: 2729
  Land:
Mexiko 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #7 geschrieben Jun 2 2018, 18:46:40 Zitat 
Quote ( John Slevin @ June 2nd 2018,18:43:59 )

As drivers age they will start losing some of their abilities after every race at the age of 35. The older they get the faster they will lose skills.

How did GPRO screw him

(Double post not intended)
Perry Christensen
(Gruppe Amateur - 46)

Einträge: 341
  Land:
Dänemark 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #8 geschrieben Jun 2 2018, 22:44:43 Zitat 
Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ June 2nd 2018,18:46:40 )

How did GPRO screw him

He's driver is getting old. He's also lost his hair :)
Dominik Karda
(Gruppe Amateur - 54)

Einträge: 5425
  Land:
Tschechische Republik 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #9 geschrieben Jun 2 2018, 22:46:00 (letzte Änderung Jun 2 2018, 22:51:20 von Dominik Karda) Zitat 
Quote ( John Slevin @ June 2nd 2018,18:43:59 )

You didn't realise that drivers actually age?

And indeed, drivers at age 35+ lose skills after races (I think they gradually lose more skills per race?)
Concentration changes every reset with age, so if the driver is 29 or younger they gain conc, at 31 and older they lose.
Dainius Vaškys
(Gruppe Amateur - 18)

Einträge: 654
  Land:
Litauen 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (1)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #10 geschrieben Jun 2 2018, 22:47:16 Zitat 
SO MUCH good info was shared here, rookies, get a grasp of threads like this ...
Rob Benney
(Gruppe Amateur - 7)

Land:
Kanada 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #11 geschrieben Jun 2 2018, 23:26:15 Zitat 
Thanks guys.....but still think the driver attributes need updating. Just saying as in the real world driver are racing longer, most top drivers are over 30 these days. Just my opinion.
Daniel Douglas
(Gruppe Pro - 5)

Einträge: 3806
  Land:
Vereinigte Staaten 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #12 geschrieben Jun 2 2018, 23:52:30 (letzte Änderung Jun 2 2018, 23:59:49 von Daniel Douglas) Zitat 
Quote ( Rob Benney @ June 2nd 2018,23:26:15 )

Thanks guys.....but still think the driver attributes need updating. Just saying as in the real world driver are racing longer, most top drivers are over 30 these days. Just my opinion.

gpro is not f1
gpro is not real life

Now that's out of the way... drivers in f1 still begin to degrade if you will as they get older, their experience out weighs this of course ... but it's still present. It is how the body functions. This game is a pretty decent approximation of how these changes manifest themselves in real life.

Peak ages for athleetes (Women's gymnastics aside) is commonly cited between 26 and 30. After this, performance gains are harder to develop and maintain. In many forms (motor sports included) the experience of the athlete can offset this a great deal, but after while age begins to hurt performance more than experience can make up for it.

Most successful drivers in f1 retire around the age of 35 in recent years ... a few carry on longer but rarely do well after that point.

In fact ... your statement about real world drivers racing longer is completely false... the average age of drivers has steadily declined since the 60s

Edit: Here is some data for everything up to and including 2014. While it is 4 years old, it still holds insightful information. My statement about declining since the 60s is not entirely true ... in fact driver age has declined steadily since the beginning of F1 racing.
https://public.tableau.com/profile/sconnors37#!/vizhome/Form...
Mark Pinnick
(Gruppe Amateur - 82)

Einträge: 675
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #13 geschrieben Jun 3 2018, 00:21:00 Zitat 
So, DD; GPRO is not F1 and GPRO is not real life, yet the attributes being discussed actually mirror F1 and RL? Does that mean you’re in favour of a change??!! ;)
Rob Benney
(Gruppe Amateur - 7)

Land:
Kanada 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #14 geschrieben Jun 3 2018, 00:25:55 Zitat 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ June 2nd 2018,23:52:30 )

Quote ( Rob Benney @ June 2nd 2018,23:26:15 )

gpro is not f1
gpro is not real life

Now that's out of the way... drivers in f1 still begin to degrade if you will as they get older, their experience out weighs this of course ... but it's still present. It is how the body functions. This game is a pretty decent approximation of how these changes manifest themselves in real life.

Peak ages for athleetes (Women's gymnastics aside) is commonly cited between 26 and 30. After this, performance gains are harder to develop and maintain. In many forms (motor sports included) the experience of the athlete can offset this a great deal, but after while age begins to hurt performance more than experience can make up for it.

Most successful drivers in f1 retire around the age of 35 in recent years ... a few carry on longer but rarely do well after that point.

In fact ... your statement about real world drivers racing longer is completely false... the average age of drivers has steadily declined since the 60s

Edit: Here is some data for everything up to and including 2014. While it is 4 years old, it still holds insightful information. My statement about declining since the 60s is not entirely true ... in fact driver age has declined steadily since the beginning of F1 racing.
https://public.tableau.com/profile/sconnors37#!/vizhome/Form...

I wasn't just talking about F1 but all forms of motorsport...
Daniel Douglas
(Gruppe Pro - 5)

Einträge: 3806
  Land:
Vereinigte Staaten 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #15 geschrieben Jun 3 2018, 00:34:35 Zitat 
Quote ( Mark Pinnick @ June 3rd 2018,00:21:00 )

So, DD; GPRO is not F1 and GPRO is not real life, yet the attributes being discussed actually mirror F1 and RL? Does that mean you’re in favour of a change??!! ;)

No

Quote ( Rob Benney @ June 3rd 2018,00:25:55 )

Show some stats then.

Are you saying the "top" drivers are not driving in the highest division of motorsports? By your referencing the "top drivers" I assume that you are talking about F1.

Maybe the age of top drivers in Karting has increased, though I kind of doubt it.
Rob Benney
(Gruppe Amateur - 7)

Land:
Kanada 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #16 geschrieben Jun 3 2018, 00:53:37 Zitat 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ June 3rd 2018,00:34:35 )

Quote ( Mark Pinnick @ June 3rd 2018,00:21:00 )

No

Quote ( Rob Benney @ June 3rd 2018,00:25:55 )

Show some stats then.

Are you saying the "top" drivers are not driving in the highest division of motorsports? By your referencing the "top drivers" I assume that you are talking about F1.

Maybe the age of top drivers in Karting has increased, though I kind of doubt it.

I dont have a list of the drivers in motorsport and their ages.....but Will Power just won the Indy 500 at 37.
All I was saying 30 isn't old, and think the age where attributes drop should be changed.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Gruppe Master - 4)

Einträge: 3021
  Land:
Belgien 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (3)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #17 geschrieben Jun 3 2018, 12:04:48 (letzte Änderung Jun 3 2018, 12:05:21 von Jasper Coosemans) Zitat 
Try to look away from the real world and try to think what the impact of such a change would be on this game (further than your personal situation). Does the game need this?

What you are proposing is effectively to extend the careers of the GPRO drivers. The long-term effects of such a change stretch quite far. While I don't want to say change is bad, I do believe changes like this have to backed up by better arguments than "Will Power won the Indy 500 at 37". ;)

(E: I feel like Mikko now :p)
Jukka Sireni2
(Gruppe Rookie - 69)

GPRO Team
Einträge: 3870
  Land:
Finnland 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #18 geschrieben Jun 3 2018, 12:19:53 Zitat 
I'm confused. Besides the season end drops which happen at all ages (some depend on age but even them are quite small in big picture), the drop begins at 35. So where does the 30 come from?

If we think of real life, I would be more worried about all 17 year olds being in Formula Ford or karting like (=Rookie), when there was one in Formula 1 at that age.
Dominik Karda
(Gruppe Amateur - 54)

Einträge: 5425
  Land:
Tschechische Republik 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #19 geschrieben Jun 3 2018, 13:09:31 (letzte Änderung Jun 3 2018, 13:12:26 von Dominik Karda) Zitat 
Not just that, looking at real life GPRO should have some Elite drivers aged 20-23. :P

Quote ( Jukka Sireni @ June 3rd 2018,12:19:53 )

So where does the 30 come from?
That's for the off-season concentration skill change (younger than 30 - increase, 30 - no change, older than 30 - decrease)
Seite [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Drop in driver concentration Füge dieses Thema Deiner Blockierliste zu Füge dieses Thema Deinen Favoriten zu

auf dieses Thema antworten