Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > QIN (Strategy Game) Season 0 [FINISHED] Füge dieses Thema Deiner Blockierliste zu Füge dieses Thema Deinen Favoriten zu
Seite [12 3 ... 18 19 20 » Schneller Sprung auf Seite:
Autor Thema: QIN (Strategy Game) Season 0 [FINISHED] 593 Antworten
Ivelin Dobrev
(Gruppe Rookie - 165)

Themenmoderator
Einträge: 2455
  Land:
Kanada 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (0)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #1 geschrieben Jun 7 2018, 08:05:53 (letzte Änderung Sep 11 2018, 19:08:21 von Ivelin Dobrev) Zitat 
Welcome to this new silly game, based on one of my favourite board games! It may be a little difficult to understand at the beginning, but once you get the hang of it, it's super fun to play.

Introduction and objective of the game

China, more than 2000 years ago: Welcome to the Era of Warring States! Prepare to colonize the Chinese hinterland, found provinces and absorb remote villages into your empire. As you expand, you build magnificent pagodas as a sign of your authority. The first to build all his pagodas wins the game. But beware - the other players can conquer your provinces and villages, tearing down and replacing your pagodas. Plan your expansion wisely, conquer foreign provinces and establish the glorious Qin Dynasty by building your last pagoda!

Basics

All players get 15 pagodas each in their own color, green, white, black or purple. In real life, the pagodas look like that:

Each player gets 3 random tiles from the total of 72 tiles. Each tile shows 2 province spaces, there are 6 different tiles, 12 from each one. Here is what they look like in real life:

Below the board when the game start. The blue, yellow and red fields are the starting provinces spaces, the dark green fields are the villages and the rest is grassland.

Game play

On your turn, you choose exactly one tile from your hand and put it onto the grid of the board.
- The tile may only be placed onto grassland spaces (never onto province spaces or villages).
- At least one province space of the tile must share an edge with an existing province space of any color (villages are not considered province spaces).
- You may rotate the tile (aligning it horizontally or vertically). By placing your tile, you usually trigger one or more events. Below those events are described in more detail.

1. Found province
By placing your tile, you can create new provinces. A province is any contiguous area consisting of 2 or more same-colored province spaces. Onto each newly founded province one of your pagodas is placed as a sign of your authority.

2. Expand province
You expand a province when you place at least one space of your tile adjacent to an existing province of the same color.

3. Create major province
As soon as a province comprises at least 5 province spaces, it ranks as a major province. This will be indicated by a double pagoda. Major provinces can grow to any size but can accommodate a maximum of one double pagoda.

4. Connect village
If, after you have placed your tile, the province or major province of any player shares at least one edge with an unoccupied village, the owner of the province seizes this village and one of his pagodas will be placed onto it (No village can accommodate more than one pagoda).

5. Conquer village
A village can change ownership when several provinces adjoin it. If, in the village’s adjoining provinces and major provinces, any player has more pagodas than the owner of the village, that player seizes control of it. The previous owner gets his pagoda back and one pagoda from the new owner will be put onto the village.
- When determining the majority, each double pagoda counts as 2 pagodas.
- The pagoda on the village itself does not count.

6. Absorb province
By placing your tile, you can join separate provinces of the same color together, forming a single major province. The player with the highest total number of province spaces in the original provinces seizes control of this new major province (don not count the province spaces on the tile that joined the original provinces together). All dislodged pagodas are returned to their owners.
- You are not allowed to join provinces together when two or more players would bring the exact same number of province spaces to the newly created major province (because no owner could be determined).
- Major provinces are safe! They can never be absorbed. You are not allowed to combine two or more major provinces. However, a single major province may still absorb small provinces.

End of the game

The game ends immediately when a player places his last pagoda onto the game board. This player wins! The game also ends when all players have run out of tiles or when there are no adjacent grassland spaces left on the game board where a tile could be placed. In that case, the player who has placed the most pagodas on the game board wins. In the case of a tie, the victory is shared.
Ivelin Dobrev
(Gruppe Rookie - 165)

Themenmoderator
  Land:
Kanada 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (1)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #2 geschrieben Jun 7 2018, 08:06:06 (letzte Änderung Jun 11 2018, 08:05:56 von Ivelin Dobrev) Zitat 
How are we gonna play it here?

- There will be 16 players for this season

- They will be paired in 4 Quarterfinals of 4 players. Top 2 qualify for the Semi-Finals and so on.

- Random.org will determine the order of play, players may choose their color in the same order.

- The game will be played on Google Sheets, the sheet has already been created.

- Each player will receive via PM his 3 starting tiles. At their turn, each player must PM me with their move and wait for confirmation from me to execute the move on the sheet.

- The order in which the tiles are drawn will be randomized in my personal excel sheet. A player who plays a tile will receive the next tile in the randomized list.

- Top 2 are determined based on the following criteria:

1. Fewer pagodas left (normally the first player will have 0).
2. Most secured territories.
3. Most territories.
4. Order of play (whoever started the latest).

- Players will have 24h to submit a move, if they miss the deadline their turn will be skipped.

- I will provide reminders at least 24h prior to the deadline for your move.

- Players can send moves in advance, but should make sure they send enough moves in case their opponent take the indicated squares.

LINK TO THE GAME SHEET

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bsqvLF7DkxUckSjZIP6U...
Ivelin Dobrev
(Gruppe Rookie - 165)

Themenmoderator
  Land:
Kanada 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #3 geschrieben Jun 7 2018, 08:06:11 (letzte Änderung Jun 11 2018, 07:33:42 von Ivelin Dobrev) Zitat 
PLAYERS LIST

1. Chew Kai Wen
2. Niks Vucāns
3. Martin Irla
4. Ania Piekarska
5. Jens Frostrup
6. George Slater
7. Vin Struder
8. John Ibbotson
9. Gastón Paris
10. Steve Wade
Ivelin Dobrev
(Gruppe Rookie - 165)

Themenmoderator
  Land:
Kanada 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #4 geschrieben Jun 7 2018, 08:06:16 (letzte Änderung Jun 11 2018, 07:34:54 von Ivelin Dobrev) Zitat 
CURRENT SITUATION

Will be updated daily.

QUARTERFINAL 1

QUARTERFINAL 2

QUARTERFINAL 3
Ivelin Dobrev
(Gruppe Rookie - 165)

Themenmoderator
  Land:
Kanada 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #5 geschrieben Jun 7 2018, 08:06:21 (letzte Änderung Jun 7 2018, 08:29:29 von Ivelin Dobrev) Zitat 
RANKINGS

- Rankings will be established once S0 finishes. The 16 players will be ranked based on their performance and will be seeded accordingly in the following season.

- From S1 onward, the order of play will be determined based on the ranking, starting with the lowest placed player.

- Expansion of the game will be possible from S1.
Ivelin Dobrev
(Gruppe Rookie - 165)

Themenmoderator
  Land:
Kanada 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #6 geschrieben Jun 7 2018, 08:06:27 (letzte Änderung Jun 11 2018, 08:22:50 von Ivelin Dobrev) Zitat 
I am ready to answer any question you might have, I imagine there will be a lot of those. You can either PM or post here, whichever you believe is better for you (it's a strategy game after all :P).

Images links for tiles:

Blue-Blue

Red-Red

Yellow-Yellow

Red-Yellow

Yellow-Blue

Red-Blue
Chew Kai Wen
(Gruppe Pro - 4)

GPRO Team
Einträge: 1870
  Land:
Singapur 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #7 geschrieben Jun 7 2018, 08:22:26 Zitat 
#join
Niks Vucāns
(Gruppe Amateur - 19)

Einträge: 1
  Land:
Lettland 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #8 geschrieben Jun 7 2018, 10:12:49 (letzte Änderung Jun 7 2018, 10:15:06 von Niks Vucāns) Zitat 
#join, but what happens if 2 provinces from different players "meet"? If its a major and a normal, im guessing then the major gets the territory? But if there are 2 normal or major?
Ivelin Dobrev
(Gruppe Rookie - 165)

Themenmoderator
  Land:
Kanada 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #9 geschrieben Jun 7 2018, 16:23:48 Zitat 
Quote ( Niks Vucāns @ June 7th 2018,10:12:49 )

#join, but what happens if 2 provinces from different players "meet"? If its a major and a normal, im guessing then the major gets the territory? But if there are 2 normal or major?
Whoever has the biggest territory prior to the move that connects them gets the territory. The person with the smaller territory has to remove his pagoda from the board. Hope this explains it.

If it’s 2 major territories, it’s not allowed to connect them, even if one is 10 spaces big and the other just 5 for example.
Niks Vucāns
(Gruppe Amateur - 19)

Einträge: 1
  Land:
Lettland 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #10 geschrieben Jun 7 2018, 16:49:30 Zitat 
Quote ( Ivelin Dobrev @ June 7th 2018,16:23:48 )

Quote ( Niks Vucāns @ June 7th 2018,10:12:49 )

#join, but what happens if 2 provinces from different players "meet"? If its a major and a normal, im guessing then the major gets the territory? But if there are 2 normal or major? Whoever has the biggest territory prior to the move that connects them gets the territory. The person with the smaller territory has to remove his pagoda from the board. Hope this explains it.

If it’s 2 major territories, it’s not allowed to connect them, even if one is 10 spaces big and the other just 5 for example.

Yup, it does.
Martin Irla
(Gruppe Pro - 17)

Einträge: 660
  Land:
Uruguay 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #11 geschrieben Jun 7 2018, 17:29:14 Zitat 
Join....but hope theres time to see the game a bit that at the moment i dont have....if it starts before next monday unjoin....
Ivelin Dobrev
(Gruppe Rookie - 165)

Themenmoderator
  Land:
Kanada 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #12 geschrieben Jun 7 2018, 17:40:38 Zitat 
Quote ( Martin Irla @ June 7th 2018,17:29:14 )

Join....but hope theres time to see the game a bit that at the moment i dont have....if it starts before next monday unjoin....
You have the time to figure out the game, especially with how slow the joining is at the moment. :)
Ania Piekarska
(Gruppe Amateur - 9)

Einträge: 713
  Land:
Polen 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #13 geschrieben Jun 7 2018, 21:54:00 Zitat 
#join
Jens Frostrup
(Gruppe Master - 1)

Einträge: 133
  Land:
Dänemark 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #14 geschrieben Jun 7 2018, 22:33:31 Zitat 
#join
George Slater4
(Gruppe Amateur - 69)

Einträge: 603
  Land:
Kanada 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #15 geschrieben Jun 7 2018, 22:51:29 Zitat 
#join
Vin Struder
(Gruppe Amateur - 71)

Einträge: 117
  Land:
Vereinigte Staaten 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #16 geschrieben Jun 8 2018, 00:36:53 Zitat 
#join I'll try it
Martin Irla
(Gruppe Pro - 17)

Land:
Uruguay 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #17 geschrieben Jun 8 2018, 00:45:04 Zitat 
Googled Qin and been reading the rules in spanish as in english i lose a lot....seems very easy to play,not very easy to master.....looks very interesting....
Ivelin Dobrev
(Gruppe Rookie - 165)

Themenmoderator
  Land:
Kanada 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #18 geschrieben Jun 8 2018, 00:47:14 Zitat 
Quote ( Martin Irla @ June 8th 2018,00:45:04 )

Googled Qin and been reading the rules in spanish as in english i lose a lot....seems very easy to play,not very easy to master.....looks very interesting....
That is quite accurate. The game play is easy but it requires a lot of thinking! :)
Martin Irla
(Gruppe Pro - 17)

Land:
Uruguay 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #19 geschrieben Jun 8 2018, 00:52:08 Zitat 
Wondering how much time we will have between each move,and if a player takes too long to play what happens....got 1 or 2 questions about the game also,but will make them later....Also see that there are 2 boards,the lion one and the bird one.One has lakes and the other not.In which one are we playing,or is it possible to play in both at the same time???
Ivelin Dobrev
(Gruppe Rookie - 165)

Themenmoderator
  Land:
Kanada 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #20 geschrieben Jun 8 2018, 01:30:22 Zitat 
I am gonna give players 24h to make a move. What I thought is that the player whose turn it is can PM the next player. And if someone fails to make a move his turn will be skipped. Needless to say that one missed turn could mean losing the game.

I will allow players to send moves in advance though.

We will play on the dragon board as I find it more interesting. Maybe further down the road we will play on the lion board, but not for the first couple of seasons at least.
John Ibbotson
(Gruppe Pro - 25)

Einträge: 220
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #21 geschrieben Jun 8 2018, 01:46:53 Zitat 
#join
Gastón Paris
(Gruppe Amateur - 7)

Einträge: 246
  Land:
Argentinien 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #22 geschrieben Jun 8 2018, 03:01:30 Zitat 
#join
Nice game! I would like to have in RL. Where do you buy it?

All the tiles have villages on it?
Steve Wade
(Gruppe Rookie - 117)

Einträge: 36
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #23 geschrieben Jun 8 2018, 04:11:17 Zitat 
#join
looks intriguing, like Risk with risks
Ivelin Dobrev
(Gruppe Rookie - 165)

Themenmoderator
  Land:
Kanada 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #24 geschrieben Jun 8 2018, 04:42:35 (letzte Änderung Jun 8 2018, 04:45:28 von Ivelin Dobrev) Zitat 
Quote ( Steve Wade @ June 8th 2018,04:11:17 )

#join
looks intriguing, like Risk with risks
Please don’t compare this amazing game to Risk :P
Ivelin Dobrev
(Gruppe Rookie - 165)

Themenmoderator
  Land:
Kanada 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #25 geschrieben Jun 8 2018, 06:07:20 Zitat 
Quote ( Gastón Paris @ June 8th 2018,03:01:30 )

Nice game! I would like to have in RL. Where do you buy it?
On the Internet (to avoid advertisement) :)

Quote ( Gastón Paris @ June 8th 2018,03:01:30 )

All the tiles have villages on it?
All the tiles have one or two color on them and they are used to create territories.

The villages are the dark green areas on the board.

Hope this answers your question. :)
Gastón Paris
(Gruppe Amateur - 7)

Einträge: 246
  Land:
Argentinien 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #26 geschrieben Jun 8 2018, 14:01:38 Zitat 
Thanks!
Ania Piekarska
(Gruppe Amateur - 9)

Einträge: 713
  Land:
Polen 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #27 geschrieben Jun 8 2018, 14:52:01 Zitat 
Quote ( Ivelin Dobrev @ June 8th 2018,01:30:22 )

I am gonna give players 24h to make a move. What I thought is that the player whose turn it is can PM the next player. And if someone fails to make a move his turn will be skipped. Needless to say that one missed turn could mean losing the game.

I will allow players to send moves in advance though.

Any chance for a couple of (scheduled) exceptions, so some kind holiday mode?
Ivelin Dobrev
(Gruppe Rookie - 165)

Themenmoderator
  Land:
Kanada 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #28 geschrieben Jun 8 2018, 16:22:39 Zitat 
Yes, as I said you will be able to send moves in advance, however, you may need to send me a few options in case your opponents put a tile where you wanted to put one.
Steve Wade
(Gruppe Rookie - 117)

Einträge: 36
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #29 geschrieben Jun 9 2018, 00:31:20 Zitat 
Quote ( Ivelin Dobrev @ June 8th 2018,04:42:35 )

Quote ( Steve Wade @ June 8th 2018,04:11:17 )

#join
looks intriguing, like Risk with risks Please don’t compare this amazing game to Risk :P

Couldn't resist it. Too much beer and an unmissable pun :-D
Ivelin Dobrev
(Gruppe Rookie - 165)

Themenmoderator
  Land:
Kanada 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #30 geschrieben Jun 10 2018, 17:16:28 Zitat 
Keep joining! :)

We will start on Monday, regardless of the number of players who joined. I hope we can have two more people so that we can have 3x4 groups.

Joined players have been notified and I have received confirmation from 6 of them, I will take the absence of a response for a confirmation too, so we are almost ready to go.

I just need to set up the sheet that I will use to follow your tiles and moves. That will happen sometime today or Monday morning (CET).
Seite [12 3 ... 18 19 20 » Schneller Sprung auf Seite:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > QIN (Strategy Game) Season 0 [FINISHED] Füge dieses Thema Deiner Blockierliste zu Füge dieses Thema Deinen Favoriten zu

auf dieses Thema antworten