Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > OT and DEF risks variable with weather changes Füge dieses Thema Deiner Blockierliste zu Füge dieses Thema Deinen Favoriten zu
Seite [1
Themenumfrage
Should OT and DEF risks have weather variables?
anmelden um abzustimmen bzw. um Abstimmungsergebnisse zu sehen
Autor Thema: OT and DEF risks variable with weather changes 18 Antworten
Graham Mercer
(Gruppe Pro - 20)

Einträge: 2010
  Land:
Australien 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (3)   Gefällt mir nicht (5)
Alter Eintrag #1 geschrieben Aug 20 2018, 14:38:24 Zitat 
I think that this has been raised before, but I don't recall anything coming of it?

I believe that Overtake and Defend risks should have the same wet/dry options as CT risk. In fact I think that it is more important to be able to change these than CT risk when the weather changes between wet and dry
Graham Mercer
(Gruppe Pro - 20)

Land:
Australien 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (1)   Gefällt mir nicht (2)
Alter Eintrag #2 geschrieben Aug 21 2018, 04:58:55 Zitat 
no comments?
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Gruppe Amateur - 6)

Einträge: 2730
  Land:
Mexiko 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (6)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #3 geschrieben Aug 21 2018, 05:23:27 Zitat 
Don't like the idea since it could be used to compensate what you are lacking and thus block your way out.

Imagine you are running Contis on a hot mixed weather race, Your driver is fast and you have a decent package but your driver is not fond of the rain.

So the rain starts dry and hot so you get a good gap, but then the rain comes,what can you do to avoid being passed by rain loving tyres and drivers, you go on 100 Def Risks and start blocking everybody, until the weather is dry again.

Also it would add a level of complexity for rookies

Graham Mercer
(Gruppe Pro - 20)

Land:
Australien 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (3)   Gefällt mir nicht (2)
Alter Eintrag #4 geschrieben Aug 21 2018, 05:31:27 Zitat 
Fair enough point of view.

On the other hand take an 80 lap race that is largely dry but has a number of wet laps, say 15 or 20 for example. To avoid driver mistakes in the wet you have to reduce your overtake risks for the entire race which can also leave you blocked for the rest of the race during the dry portion where you could otherwise be running higher risks.
Jody Parker
(Gruppe Amateur - 2)

Einträge: 767
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (2)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #5 geschrieben Aug 21 2018, 05:39:21 Zitat 
Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ August 21st 2018,05:23:27 )

, you go on 100 Def Risks and start blocking everybody, until the weather is dry again.

But what's to stop the manager of this fast driver from setting 100 Def from start anyway, the driver is likely to not need to block anyone at all during the dry race as the driver is, in your example, building a good gap and so loses nothing with the 100 Def there, but still has the 100 Def and stopping other cars, somewhat, from passing in the rain?
George Slater4
(Gruppe Amateur - 69)

Einträge: 604
  Land:
Kanada 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (0)   Gefällt mir nicht (1)
Alter Eintrag #6 geschrieben Aug 21 2018, 06:09:37 (letzte Änderung Aug 21 2018, 06:10:11 von George Slater) Zitat 
If there would be both Wet and Dry OT/DF settings as there is CT, what about going further and adding parameters for smoking OT/DF as well?
Daniel Douglas
(Gruppe Amateur - 26)

Einträge: 3806
  Land:
Vereinigte Staaten 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (3)   Gefällt mir nicht (1)
Alter Eintrag #7 geschrieben Aug 21 2018, 06:40:49 Zitat 
Can we also have variable risks for each lap?

Then you could have dry and wet options per lap.... it might be a little aggravating to set up 548 separate ot/df risks in jingslrenginginasfsand but well worth it I think.
Lyee Chong
(Gruppe Amateur - 61)

GPRO Team
Einträge: 1307
  Land:
Malaysia 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (0)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #8 geschrieben Aug 21 2018, 07:06:02 Zitat 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ August 21st 2018,06:40:49 )

Can we also have variable risks for each lap?

Then you could have dry and wet options per lap.... it might be a little aggravating to set up 548 separate ot/df risks in jingslrenginginasfsand but well worth it I think.

Your passion & determination to turn this into a nano management game is well noted :)

Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ November 6th 2014,12:02:23 )

I want to be able to set my risks for each percentage of tire wear.

Ie: 200 different risk settins, 2 (one wet, one dry) for each percentage of tire wear.

And can i also have overtake, blocking and malfunction risks for each percentage? Oh and wet and dry ones for those as well.

800 different risks settings, thats what im talking about.

/joke
Daniel Douglas
(Gruppe Amateur - 26)

Land:
Vereinigte Staaten 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (1)   Gefällt mir nicht (3)
Alter Eintrag #9 geschrieben Aug 21 2018, 08:28:35 (letzte Änderung Aug 21 2018, 08:28:52 von Daniel Douglas) Zitat 
Ooohhhh... now you've got it.

I want options for each percentage of tire wear for each lap and for wet and try and for each temperature and humidity.

So that gives 100 percentage options, 55 temperature options, 100 humidity options, two weather options for each of the df ot ct and malfunctioning risks per lap.

So 4.4 million combinations per lap.... how many laps does Indy have again?
Aigars Vitolins
(Gruppe Master - 3)

Einträge: 280
  Land:
Lettland 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #10 geschrieben Aug 21 2018, 09:46:55 Zitat 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ August 21st 2018,08:28:35 )

This can be perfectly solved with a race setup file import according to specifications
Graham Mercer
(Gruppe Pro - 20)

Land:
Australien 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (0)   Gefällt mir nicht (2)
Alter Eintrag #11 geschrieben Aug 21 2018, 10:31:09 Zitat 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ August 21st 2018,08:28:35 )

Ooohhhh... now you've got it.

I want options for each percentage of tire wear for each lap and for wet and try and for each temperature and humidity.

So that gives 100 percentage options, 55 temperature options, 100 humidity options, two weather options for each of the df ot ct and malfunctioning risks per lap.

Yes that's all very funny, but I was hoping for some serious discussion.
Daniel Douglas
(Gruppe Amateur - 26)

Land:
Vereinigte Staaten 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (1)   Gefällt mir nicht (1)
Alter Eintrag #12 geschrieben Aug 21 2018, 12:32:37 (letzte Änderung Aug 21 2018, 12:32:53 von Daniel Douglas) Zitat 
There was some fairly serious conversation in the last thread.

Just because nothing came of it, doesn't mean it needs to be addressed again. Unless you "seriously" want to have the exact same conversation as to why this is completely unnecessary, I figured this thread to be a joke thread.

So that said: what do you call a chicken that continuously tries to cross the road?
Mark Pinnick
(Gruppe Amateur - 82)

Einträge: 682
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #13 geschrieben Aug 21 2018, 13:36:39 Zitat 
Quote ( Graham Mercer @ August 21st 2018,05:31:27 )

Fair enough point of view.

On the other hand take an 80 lap race that is largely dry but has a number of wet laps, say 15 or 20 for example. To avoid driver mistakes in the wet you have to reduce your overtake risks for the entire race which can also leave you blocked for the rest of the race during the dry portion where you could otherwise be running higher risks.

And between those two hands, you need to find a balance. We don't need extra options so that a driver who's not so good in the rain can block, or avoid DM's because he wants to run high OT in the dry.

In both of those situations, the benefit goes to the manager whose driver is good in both wet and dry conditions, or the manager who gets the balance right. Otherwise, the emphasis switches to developing a driver who is only good in one type of conditions, and use multiple risk settings to overcome his shortcomings.

Personally, I'd rather see some benefits for a balanced driver.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Gruppe Pro - 3)

Einträge: 12503
  Land:
Finnland 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #14 geschrieben Aug 21 2018, 13:46:42 Zitat 
Quote ( Graham Mercer @ August 20th 2018,14:38:24 )

In fact I think that it is more important to be able to change these than CT risk when the weather changes between wet and dry

I think it's important not to be able to change those risks.

Currently the manager who finds a balance (or compromise) which suites him/her the best is the one who benefits. If there was a setting for all possible scenarios, it would actually take away from the decision process instead of adding to it.

António Rebelo
(Gruppe Amateur - 81)

Einträge: 4233
  Land:
Portugal 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (1)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #15 geschrieben Aug 21 2018, 14:04:21 Zitat 
Not at all, G man.
Tibor Szuromi
(Gruppe Pro - 8)

Einträge: 11913
  Land:
Ungarn 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #16 geschrieben Aug 21 2018, 14:15:54 Zitat 
no consensus
Mikie Shaw
(Gruppe Amateur - 19)

Einträge: 426
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (1)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #17 geschrieben Aug 21 2018, 15:38:37 Zitat 
Why shouldnt a driver be able to chose if he wants to overtake or defend more in either wet or dry?
A driver can be currently chosen to race better in the wet or dry with skills that suits certain weather conditions and managers tell theyre drivers to use theyre skill more in the weather that suits but is limited to just changing ct to aid them,in a chance weather race and that the weather changes to suit them why not have the driver take more risks? so it makes sense what graham is asking really.

As for the blocking when youre driver are not skilled in the conditions,isnt that also true with any condition anyways? as some tyres aswel as drivers are or are not suited in every races weather condition. Would be nice to have an option to take more risks and control in a suited weather,aye,you get my vote Graham.

Tibor Szuromi
(Gruppe Pro - 8)

Einträge: 11913
  Land:
Ungarn 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #18 geschrieben Aug 21 2018, 15:57:03 Zitat 
+1
Matt Kasar
(Gruppe Pro - 3)

Einträge: 2239
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #19 geschrieben Okt 4 2018, 09:50:56 Zitat 
was just about to suggest this very thing. These settings can have a hugely different effect in dry and wet conditions so for a race where both are expected you should be able to tell your driver to do different things as with CT now....... for completeness though less important i guess i would add malfunction risks to wet conditions too.

2 columns, one for wet, one for dry each containing a setting for OT,DEF,CT and MALF risks

Simple to use, useful to improve setup in mixed weather races, if I had seen this poll I would have voted yes for sure
Seite [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > OT and DEF risks variable with weather changes Füge dieses Thema Deiner Blockierliste zu Füge dieses Thema Deinen Favoriten zu

auf dieses Thema antworten