Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > how to choose driver in Amateur? Füge dieses Thema Deiner Blockierliste zu Füge dieses Thema Deinen Favoriten zu
Seite [1
Autor Thema: how to choose driver in Amateur? 11 Antworten
Christian Ajax
(Gruppe Amateur - 8)

Einträge: 3
  Land:
China 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #1 geschrieben Sep 30 2018, 09:20:46 Zitat 
now,my car has already been level 6 in Amateur group,but cant get any points for 2 reasons,(Best ranking is 15,only once).

which skills are more important when we are in Amateur Group?

con 200+; tal 100+
exp50+;tech 50+
sta 20+

are those ok?
Mark Van Daalen
(Gruppe Master - 5)

Einträge: 590
  Land:
Niederlande 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (1)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #2 geschrieben Sep 30 2018, 09:36:05 Zitat 
Conc good can be little lower
Exp low
Stamina too low
Train him
Advice to test a few times also
Andrew Wilden
(Gruppe Pro - 5)

Einträge: 1502
  Land:
Australien 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (0)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #3 geschrieben Sep 30 2018, 09:50:03 (letzte Änderung Sep 30 2018, 09:55:49 von Andrew Wilden) Zitat 
Quote ( Christian Ajax @ September 30th 2018,09:20:46 )

now,my car has already been level 6 in Amateur group,but cant get any points for 2 reasons,(Best ranking is 15,only once).

which skills are more important when we are in Amateur Group?

con 200+; tal 100+
exp50+;tech 50+
sta 20+

are those ok?

Christian, if you like send me a PM with your driver stats and I will point out the good, the bad & the ugly for you.
Cheers

Edit;
Your driver is a 35yo.
You need to get a new one ASAP.
Ben Harris
(Gruppe Pro - 22)

Einträge: 85
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (0)   Gefällt mir nicht (4)
Alter Eintrag #4 geschrieben Sep 30 2018, 10:41:20 Zitat 
I think the best way the choose a driver is by their win/podium rate you have access to data on hundreds of unemployed drivers with their results, use it.

Remember that drivers start to decline at the end of the season and then every race, when they hit 35.
Andrew Wilden
(Gruppe Pro - 5)

Land:
Australien 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #5 geschrieben Sep 30 2018, 10:53:22 (letzte Änderung Sep 30 2018, 10:57:24 von Andrew Wilden) Zitat 
The win/podium/points ratio is totally irrelevant in choosing a top class long term plan driver.

Amateur drivers for example can have impressive stats from being in Rookie with a few different managers, yet be bloody ordinary at best.
Yet
Better drivers who are young & picked up in Pro by a manager who wants to relegate, will obviously have a less impressive ratio of points per race. But may be a much, much better driver, especially over the long term. This sequence is exactly what I did with my last driver and I had him over 8 seasons. I took him from Pro to Amateur, then back to Pro and onto Master.
My selection of him at the age of 17, I can assure you the points per race ratio was completely irrelevant.

So IMHO, your comment is poor advice, sorry.

Your comments about 35 yo drivers is correct though. Just want to clarify that.
Daniel Douglas
(Gruppe Amateur - 26)

Einträge: 3806
  Land:
Vereinigte Staaten 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #6 geschrieben Sep 30 2018, 11:07:16 Zitat 
Drivers, especially in rookie, ama and pro can be lend themselves to a lot of trade off.

You see a lot of people with the "this too low, that too high, this too low" comments regarding drivers when sometimes that is not necessarily the case, especially for short term drivers.

You need to experiment a bit. You will come to find that even if some stats are far too low, the driver can perform very well if others are exceedingly high. This is not the case for the driver you mention in OP though.

Don't get caught in the traditional mindset for what a driver should be, experiment with stats and figure out what works. Whatever you do though, do not base your driver decisions on win/podium rate.... that is a terrible measure (especially in ama where you have a ton of rookie drivers that were boosted up by high CT running managers).
Andrew Wilden
(Gruppe Pro - 5)

Land:
Australien 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #7 geschrieben Sep 30 2018, 11:33:59 Zitat 
Pretty much precisely what I was trying to point out in my post above DD.
Thanks for the back up and conformation. 😊
Dominik Karda
(Gruppe Pro - 12)

Einträge: 5431
  Land:
Tschechische Republik 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #8 geschrieben Sep 30 2018, 11:52:50 (letzte Änderung Sep 30 2018, 11:53:24 von Dominik Karda) Zitat 
Quote ( Christian Ajax @ September 30th 2018,09:20:46 )

con 200+; tal 100+
exp50+;tech 50+
sta 20+

In Ama even 100 talent can get you promoted, but if you want to keep him in Pro then I'd get a new one. Definitely needs more exp (unless you get a very young driver) and stamina though.
Adam Pilo
(Gruppe Pro - 4)

Einträge: 236
  Land:
Slowakei 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #9 geschrieben Sep 30 2018, 11:58:30 Zitat 
Take a look on other managers drivers who got new drivers or promoted. It can give you small help how it should look.
Ben Harris
(Gruppe Pro - 22)

Einträge: 85
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #10 geschrieben Sep 30 2018, 11:59:07 Zitat 
Quote ( Andrew Wilden @ September 30th 2018,10:53:22 )

The win/podium/points ratio is totally irrelevant in choosing a top class long term plan driver.

Amateur drivers for example can have impressive stats from being in Rookie with a few different managers, yet be bloody ordinary at best.
Yet
Better drivers who are young & picked up in Pro by a manager who wants to relegate, will obviously have a less impressive ratio of points per race. But may be a much, much better driver, especially over the long term. This sequence is exactly what I did with my last driver and I had him over 8 seasons. I took him from Pro to Amateur, then back to Pro and onto Master.
My selection of him at the age of 17, I can assure you the points per race ratio was completely irrelevant.

So IMHO, your comment is poor advice, sorry.

Your comments about 35 yo drivers is correct though. Just want to clarify that.

Maybe I explained myself a little poorly, but what I meant was looking at these numbers in amateur rather than other tiers and obiviously more recent results are more revealing. The best time for this is to look at any promoted driver which has been released at the start of the season. If your looking for a long term driver then your looking for a driver which has the potential to recreate those kind of attributes through races, testing and training.
Daniel Mason
(Gruppe Amateur - 83)

Einträge: 5215
  Land:
Vereinigte Staaten 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (2)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #11 geschrieben Sep 30 2018, 17:43:07 Zitat 
Quote ( Ben Harris @ September 30th 2018,11:59:07 )

Maybe I explained myself a little poorly, but what I meant was looking at these numbers in amateur rather than other tiers and obiviously more recent results are more revealing. The best time for this is to look at any promoted driver which has been released at the start of the season. If your looking for a long term driver then your looking for a driver which has the potential to recreate those kind of attributes through races, testing and training.

In all my years of playing this game, I've never looked at a driver's win/podium/points to number of races ratio, not only because that "statistic" was irrelevant, but it was never a reliable metric of actual worth, especially before the addition of driver energy. However, what my team used to do back in the early days was look at drivers of Amateur and Pro group winners (if/when they became free agents) trying to find a correlation of driver skills that led them to succeed. What we found was not what we were prioritizing as must-have skills at the time. Today, I prioritize only one skill above all others when acquiring a new driver for the long-term, and it appears it's a skill none in this thread consider important at all....
Christian Ajax
(Gruppe Amateur - 8)

Einträge: 3
  Land:
China 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #12 geschrieben Okt 4 2018, 04:27:05 Zitat 
thx a lot
sooooooooooooooooooo many informations
I learn a lot

thx again
Seite [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > how to choose driver in Amateur? Füge dieses Thema Deiner Blockierliste zu Füge dieses Thema Deinen Favoriten zu

auf dieses Thema antworten