Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Dont let participate in races with 100% wear Füge dieses Thema Deiner Blockierliste zu Füge dieses Thema Deinen Favoriten zu
Seite [12 » Schneller Sprung auf Seite:
Autor Thema: Dont let participate in races with 100% wear 52 Antworten
Ivars Vēza
(Gruppe Amateur - 14)

Einträge: 180
  Land:
Lettland 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (10)   Gefällt mir nicht (33)
Alter Eintrag #1 geschrieben Jul 11 2020, 17:25:00 Zitat 
Hello managers and developers.
Im sure that crashe, random and failure chance is lowered quite a bit since when i started 50 seasons ago.
This now allows for silly things when driving fully worn out car. Like, drive half race without problems then smoke for 10 laps fix it and drive till finish.
And some managers abuse this.
In my amateur group there is manager with level 9 car and he hasnt changed parts single time whole season. He also got points at first races for safe staying what is of course smart. Started season with under 20m and now finished season with 100m. Im sure there are whole bunch of them.
I know how resistant are developers to implement better algorithms. So i advice one really simple solution.
Dont let managers to participate in races with 100% worn parts except when those are 1st level parts.
For their own and other safety.
George Slater4
(Gruppe Elite)

Einträge: 603
  Land:
Kanada 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (24)   Gefällt mir nicht (3)
Alter Eintrag #2 geschrieben Jul 11 2020, 17:41:05 (letzte Änderung Jul 11 2020, 17:43:11 von George Slater) Zitat 
So if a manager is negative and ends up with parts at 100% for some reason (a not uncommon situation especially considering randoms I think) then they can't race for the season unless they start dropping some or all of their parts down to L1, potentially ruining any other plans that they might have had? I think that's more than a bit excessive, especially considering that there already is a penalty for having parts at high wear: above 90% you can't test.

Managers who start with parts on 100% also already have a very high chance of not making 90% and thus only getting half race income.
Rico Bastiaanse
(Gruppe Master - 3)

Einträge: 707
  Land:
Niederlande 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (1)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #3 geschrieben Jul 11 2020, 17:59:37 (letzte Änderung Jul 11 2020, 18:00:35 von Rico Bastiaanse) Zitat 
You can to some extend finish your races but you are going to drop out after a few races. So thats a dead end strategy to hold on to for more than one reason.
Antonio Guzzo
(Gruppe Amateur - 90)

Einträge: 200
  Land:
Brasilien 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (2)   Gefällt mir nicht (3)
Alter Eintrag #4 geschrieben Jul 11 2020, 18:02:47 Zitat 
I agree with George Slater that, because he knows how to manage better than most, he runs in the Elite.
And the game is about that, MANAGEMENT, and not just racing.
Ambroz Pondelek
(Gruppe Rookie - 38)

Einträge: 33
  Land:
Slowenien 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (5)   Gefällt mir nicht (4)
Alter Eintrag #5 geschrieben Jul 11 2020, 18:32:11 Zitat 
Racing with 100% wear is unrealistic and is prone to abuse.
Therefore it is not in the spirit of the game.

So ditch it.

Guilherme Franco
(Gruppe Master - 2)

Einträge: 443
  Land:
Brasilien 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (2)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #6 geschrieben Jul 11 2020, 19:04:05 Zitat 
And 1 sponsor running out in 2 races, better he uses this money wisely or it will burn very quickly.

Maybe he wants to try this again, but in long term run, I see no future in higher leagues than Ama by doing this. Its a P2 and nothing more...

Anyway, let others play the game like they want, some can call this an exploit so... its available for everyone to do the same judging they think is a good way to go instead complaining how others like to play the game.
Tibor Szuromi
(Gruppe Pro - 20)

Einträge: 11906
  Land:
Ungarn 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (0)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #7 geschrieben Jul 11 2020, 19:23:14 Zitat 
Opinions vary.
Alexei Malkin
(Gruppe Master - 5)

Einträge: 2615
  Land:
Russland 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (39)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #8 geschrieben Jul 11 2020, 19:37:03 Zitat 
A lot of Russian (Soviet) civil road vehicles successfully works with 100% car wear
Madars Podziguns
(Gruppe Amateur - 72)

Einträge: 7
  Land:
Lettland 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (5)   Gefällt mir nicht (6)
Alter Eintrag #9 geschrieben Jul 11 2020, 19:39:29 Zitat 
Finished a race with 6 parts at 100% wear, how realistic is that? In my opinion, you shouldn't be able even to qualify if you have part/s with 100% wear. They need to apply the same testing rules to qualification to make it fair, and people that participate in a race with multiple parts at 100% should be at a higher chance of DNF. I see it as an exploit that must be fixed.

Roy Mitchell
(Gruppe Amateur - 67)

Einträge: 5905
  Land:
Kanada 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #10 geschrieben Jul 11 2020, 19:46:11 (letzte Änderung Jul 11 2020, 19:50:13 von Roy Mitchell) Zitat 
The ability to start the race with 100% part wear is the default to Not Racing.

I'll take 50% of whatever is available in end-race position because I have overhead and Expenses to cover.

I play my own way and others have their way. It's all good, it's competitive and FUN.

edit I don't approve of the noted abuse but seasons evolve and sometimes you need to take drastic action. You know what I mean?
Alessandro Casagrande
(Gruppe Pro - 13)

Einträge: 2695
  Land:
Italien 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (5)   Gefällt mir nicht (1)
Alter Eintrag #11 geschrieben Jul 11 2020, 19:47:27 Zitat 
Don't focus to much on realism. It's a game.
Madars Podziguns
(Gruppe Amateur - 72)

Einträge: 7
  Land:
Lettland 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #12 geschrieben Jul 11 2020, 19:55:37 (letzte Änderung Jul 11 2020, 19:55:58 von Madars Podziguns) Zitat 
its not ok if a person intentionally abuses this method and smokes for 14 races in a row. Honestly, at times it feels that this game is so simple.
Mark Witney
(Gruppe Amateur - 46)

Einträge: 1873
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #13 geschrieben Jul 11 2020, 21:13:47 Zitat 
Quote ( Madars Podziguns @ July 11th 2020,19:55:37 )

its not ok if a person intentionally abuses this method and smokes for 14 races in a row. Honestly, at times it feels that this game is so simple.

It's within the rules, some people are looking at other things to learn about the game, there can be good reasons for doing it if you have long term plans, not sure I would pay to do that but the beauty of GPRO is that it's free if you don't want to pay..............
Keith Partridge
(Gruppe Amateur - 22)

Einträge: 1047
  Land:
Wales 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (5)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #14 geschrieben Jul 11 2020, 21:20:31 Zitat 
Understand all the views here but I started the last race with 6 parts on 100%...

Was gobsmacked that I finished... did not expect to get to 50% let alone 90% plus...

Think that maybe needs tweaking...
Michael Keeney
(Gruppe Pro - 24)

Einträge: 13519
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (9)   Gefällt mir nicht (3)
Alter Eintrag #15 geschrieben Jul 11 2020, 23:39:07 Zitat 
Anyone starting with a part at 100% wear should smoke from lap 1.
Alessandro Casagrande
(Gruppe Pro - 13)

Einträge: 2695
  Land:
Italien 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (3)   Gefällt mir nicht (1)
Alter Eintrag #16 geschrieben Jul 12 2020, 00:24:13 Zitat 
If you change this just because it's not realistic you will have to change many other things.
Mauricio Angelucci
(Gruppe Master - 1)

Einträge: 583
  Land:
Argentinien 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #17 geschrieben Jul 12 2020, 04:02:25 Zitat 
Quote ( Guilherme Franco @ July 11th 2020,19:04:05 )

And 1 sponsor running out in 2 races, better he uses this money wisely or it will burn very quickly.

Maybe he wants to try this again, but in long term run, I see no future in higher leagues than Ama by doing this. Its a P2 and nothing more...

Anyway, let others play the game like they want, some can call this an exploit so... its available for everyone to do the same judging they think is a good way to go instead complaining how others like to play the game.

I see mánagers doing this in máster....
Guilherme Franco
(Gruppe Master - 2)

Einträge: 443
  Land:
Brasilien 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #18 geschrieben Jul 12 2020, 05:05:59 (letzte Änderung Jul 12 2020, 05:06:24 von Guilherme Franco) Zitat 
Quote ( Mauricio Angelucci @ July 12th 2020,04:02:25 )

I see mánagers doing this in máster...

Yes, seems now in ama they play for OBP too, but there you dont need to do much tests or beware about sponsors complaining for good results.

Competition in ama is very different from other 3 above, its more flexible, you can put all your efforts in a good driver, or in a good car, or in test points, or in huge finalcial balance and suddenly you will be able to fight for one in 4 spots you have to promote.

Manage it all together and other factors is the real challenge. And its beautiful see this working like Alpo, Yug, Velske, Coosemans, Lazlo or even guys without the trophy yet like Slater or Klas made/ are doing, just to say some I saw with my eyes in my return to this game, they did something right, and we all can learn from them, and think they all needed to use the OBP, or a variable of this at certain point.
Steve Branson
(Gruppe Pro - 16)

Einträge: 107
  Land:
Kanada 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (7)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #19 geschrieben Jul 12 2020, 05:41:03 Zitat 
I don't see how this can be called an exploit. Anyone doing this will ,at the most, cause a few managers to lose 1 position in 1 or 2 races. This "strategy" does not threaten anyone trying to promote or retain.

In my opinion it barely affects other managers but it does affect the manager trying it.

I forced myself into a corner this season (76) and stopped spending after race 10. It was vary boring season for me because of that.
Lorne Taylor
(Gruppe Rookie - 46)

Einträge: 67
  Land:
Kanada 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (0)   Gefällt mir nicht (3)
Alter Eintrag #20 geschrieben Jul 12 2020, 07:14:08 Zitat 
Quote ( Michael Keeney @ July 11th 2020,23:39:07 )

Anyone starting with a part at 100% wear should smoke from lap 1.

Anybody starting with parts at 100% should be forced to pit to fix it & _stay there_. (I'm honestly not sure that shouldn't apply if you _hit_ 100% in the race, tho that just happened to me.)

If there's not a genuine, serious penalty for hitting 100% wear, why pay attention to it?
Patrick Paarhuis
(Gruppe Pro - 18)

Einträge: 250
  Land:
Niederlande 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (5)   Gefällt mir nicht (5)
Alter Eintrag #21 geschrieben Jul 12 2020, 09:39:59 Zitat 
instead of taking action against this, i dislike those who do 1 (or maybe only a few) race in Ama, score points and never attend again at a race.

There should be a minimum of races to attend, like 2/3, to let the points count, other wise your position in that race will be canceled and all managers behind him will go up 1 place.
Andrew Wilden
(Gruppe Rookie - 146)

Einträge: 1502
  Land:
Australien 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (7)   Gefällt mir nicht (3)
Alter Eintrag #22 geschrieben Jul 12 2020, 10:45:59 (letzte Änderung Jul 12 2020, 10:48:42 von Andrew Wilden) Zitat 
Quote ( Ambroz Pondelek @ July 11th 2020,18:32:11 )

Racing with 100% wear is unrealistic and is prone to abuse.
Therefore it is not in the spirit of the game.

So ditch it.

Typical, n00bs simply don't get it, even if they could read it thousands of times searching the forums.
This is a MANAGEMENT Game, NOT a RACING Game.
The fact that the game is modeled on F1 is often irrelevant.

People are free to play, however they desire.
If they want to retain with a few points & "Smoke" the rest of the season, so be it.
Why is it anyone else's concern in that group.
You know their sponsor progress will be absolute CRAP, & if they have any signed, they will soon leave.
BUT
That is THEIR choice, NOT yours to criticize &/or try to change the Rules.
They either have a plan, or don't know what they are doing............maybe both.

Concentrate on your OWN Management, & forget about managers "Smoking". Learn from the successful managers in Elite, like Jasper, Roland, & George, just to name a few.

You may actually learn something from them, & become a better manager yourself, rather than complaining about managers that are in no way affecting you.

Joe Bloggs
(Gruppe Rookie - 87)

Einträge: 5
  Land:
Österreich 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #23 geschrieben Jul 12 2020, 10:51:09 Zitat 
But as a noob coming into the game and seeing smoking cars racing around without much trouble, it doesn't come across well. It makes me think, "Oh, it's THAT kind of a game, got it!"

Either suck it up and join the rest, or leave.

:/
Tibor Szuromi
(Gruppe Pro - 20)

Einträge: 11906
  Land:
Ungarn 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #24 geschrieben Jul 12 2020, 11:02:39 Zitat 
Rough errors (not logical phenomena) can motivate both new and old managers to quit.
Andrew Wilden
(Gruppe Amateur - 55)

Einträge: 1502
  Land:
Australien 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (1)   Gefällt mir nicht (3)
Alter Eintrag #25 geschrieben Jul 12 2020, 13:47:44 (letzte Änderung Jul 12 2020, 13:48:25 von Andrew Wilden) Zitat 
Quote ( Joe Bloggs @ July 12th 2020,10:51:09 )

But as a noob coming into the game and seeing smoking cars racing around without much trouble, it doesn't come across well. It makes me think, "Oh, it's THAT kind of a game, got it!"

Either suck it up and join the rest, or leave.

:/

OR
Get a REAL name LOL
Andrea Squizzato1
(Gruppe Elite)

Einträge: 3594
  Land:
Italien 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #26 geschrieben Jul 12 2020, 13:59:04 Zitat 
Quote ( Joe Bloggs @ July 12th 2020,10:51:09 )

But as a noob coming into the game and seeing smoking cars racing around without much trouble

They have much trouble actually since they are lapping much seconds slower than leaders :)
Neil Mulvey
(Gruppe Pro - 17)

Einträge: 143
  Land:
Irland 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #27 geschrieben Jul 12 2020, 14:26:44 Zitat 

Quote ( Patrick Paarhuis @ July 12th 2020,09:39:59 )

instead of taking action against this, i dislike those who do 1 (or maybe only a few) race in Ama, score points and never attend again at a race.

There should be a minimum of races to attend, like 2/3, to let the points count, other wise your position in that race will be canceled and all managers behind him will go up 1 place.

i like this idea, also if parts get to 100% in a race and you dont upgrade/downgrade or replace then it should compromise your Qualifying
Athol Kay
(Gruppe Pro - 9)

Einträge: 112
  Land:
Vereinigte Staaten 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #28 geschrieben Jul 12 2020, 14:59:28 Zitat 

Quote ( Ivars Vēza @ July 11th 2020,17:25:00 )

Started season with under 20m and now finished season with 100m.

If you dig a little deeper, you'll realize he actually started with 35m four seasons ago when he was demoted to rookie and started over. Plus... No testing, no sponsors, no staff skills, no facilities.

So before I could be convinced this is an exploit, I'd need to be convinced it resulted in a better outcome.

Athol Kay
(Gruppe Pro - 9)

Einträge: 112
  Land:
Vereinigte Staaten 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #29 geschrieben Jul 12 2020, 15:03:23 Zitat 
Quote ( Patrick Paarhuis @ July 12th 2020,09:39:59 )

That kind of already exists in the rules.

8.1 Inactivity and retiring from the game
Managers in Rookie who miss 3 consecutive races and who have done in total 0 GPRO races since they joined will be removed from the game immediately, otherwise they will be removed if they miss 5 consecutive races and if there are managers on the waiting list waiting for a free spot. At the end of the season managers in Amateur who didn't race in any of the last 6 races of the season, managers in Pro who didn't race in any of the last 9 races of the season, managers in Master who didn't race in any of the last 12 races of the season and managers in Elite who didn't race in any of the last 15 races of the season will be removed from the game before the next season starts. In case the need arises more players from Pro, Amateur and Rookie groups may be promoted in order to fill any free places in the higher groups.
Ivars Vēza
(Gruppe Amateur - 14)

Einträge: 180
  Land:
Lettland 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (6)   Gefällt mir nicht (8)
Alter Eintrag #30 geschrieben Jul 12 2020, 16:01:58 (letzte Änderung Jul 12 2020, 16:10:38 von Ivars Vēza) Zitat 
Seems some people dont understand management well, but sings about it.

To George Slater about being worn and in debt:
To get this done you need to live with unsustainable expenses for more part change cycles. And even then, as amateur example, switching from 7.th to 4.th car level will return you half of wear which allows 2 calm races and additionally one set costs 55m while other 28m. So you have now car which you can afford and will earn money not loose. Of course that will make you slower and will destroy your plans, but in any case your plans were unreal/unsustainable in first plase what is also equal to bad management.
Randoms are too rare to make this happen and good manager/business owner always will build buffer for all cases. Additionally random failure in early stages of race will earn low wear, this can only give bad taste at last few race laps.

To Steve Branson about this not being exploit to not anyone else than himself:
Did you not read part about 80m earnings(5m less after taxes) in one season? He can keep up this for one more season and he will have another 70m netting 160m.
With 9lvl car he already drove in top3, but mostly top2 till he starts to smoke. Giving his current balance, he can now destroy fun in next(already current) season for other managers trying to win races and getting fastest laps by playing intended way with smart management. With one additional season he can do some wonders in pro too, but i dont have experience to tell.

Additionally this game is already soft to you players.
Almost everyone use possibility to smoke last few races to save up one car part cycle. And also free formula in season start is second cycle. Most common is 4 race cycles for high wear and cost parts.
This is one of reasons why amateurs use unsustainably high cars and most likely in higher leagues too.
Without this 2 things amateur top10 drivers would be able to only sustain 5th level car and earnings would come only from after season bonuses and 4th would be profitable car, 6th for rich boys who can afford to burn money and promote easely. Sounds much more intended from gamedesign viewpoint with more linear car progression through all leagues. But it is how it is at end.
At least one thing can be taken out by my suggested limitation.

Also you can break only one part and you always get more or less constantly 3s slower. No matter how much parts you have worn. And that single broken part have chance to fix even under 100% and car goes full speed again. Broken mechanic.

So game actually learns bad management because you dont get free formulas in real life and once formula hits 100% it is done and chance for part failure starts quite early. Everyone should know that as i assume everyone here follows real motorsport. Even simple thing as tyre have high failure chance over 80% wear, but here we only get small snag.

P.S.
If we want 100% wear as bottom line, then we need to add 120% for imminent failure and dynamic additional slowness for each percent over this limit. As also per each part.
But as i said developers have been lazy to implement any useful algorithm in whole games existence so im advicing only simplest thing.

P.P.S.
Im myself game developer and programmer and fan of motorsport and one who also hardly tries to start my own game company. I know what im speaking about.

For gags.
Search in youtube "Sebastien Buemi's Wheels Come Off". That is how i imagine 100% car wear.
Seite [12 » Schneller Sprung auf Seite:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Dont let participate in races with 100% wear Füge dieses Thema Deiner Blockierliste zu Füge dieses Thema Deinen Favoriten zu

auf dieses Thema antworten