Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > 'Finding a driver' guide for new players Tilføj dette emne til din ignorér-liste Tilføj dette emne til din favoritliste
Side « 1 2 3 ... 12 13 [14 Gå til side:
Forfatter Emne: 'Finding a driver' guide for new players 407 svar
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Gruppe Pro - 10)

Land:
Island 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (0)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #391 Skrevet Sep 25 2023, 20:30:03 (senest redigeret Sep 25 2023, 20:32:52 af Atli Thor Johannesson) Citat 
Quote ( Bogdan Enache @ September 25th 2023,00:20:25 )

Erm, I was trying to help you by explaining what you meant.
I know and thank you for that. :)

Quote ( Bogdan Enache @ September 25th 2023,00:20:25 )

You meant you have an average 95 PHA points and if I look in your group Money and car level page and sort by Car Level, your name will show up ranked 12th. Right?

Yes and no.
The 95 PHA applies to his first 3 races in season 93.

Winning, while driving the 12th best car, applies to right now in season 95 ;)
Gergo Szendi
(Gruppe Amateur - 24)

Land:
Ungarn 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (3)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #392 Skrevet Sep 25 2023, 23:04:44 (senest redigeret Sep 25 2023, 23:06:58 af Gergo Szendi) Citat 
Quote ( Atli Thor Johannesson @ September 23rd 2023,09:17:35 )

Quote ( Tomas Dederle @ September 22nd 2023,16:07:47 )

And I simply disagree. As it is my right to disagree.

Of course Thomas, but I do think you should test it a bit more.
I have had several under and around 50 kilo drivers.
In my experience, depending on the track of course, the difference in lap times is plus/minus 1 sec per lap, per 10 kilo diff... other stats being reasonably equal.[

Surprising calculation/observation. When I look at the weight of drivers of elite frontrunners... I dont' see sub 50, not even sub 60 weight. If it made such a huge difference, they would surely keep it low, wouldn't they? But who knows, maybe it does matter a lot in lower leagues...
while in elite focusing on other things may have more benefits overall keeping driver weight down. either that, or you are wrong :) idk.
Andrew Merkel
(Gruppe Elite)

Land:
USA 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (7)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #393 Skrevet Sep 26 2023, 00:50:37 Citat 
Quote ( Gergo Szendi @ September 25th 2023,23:04:44 )

Surprising calculation/observation. When I look at the weight of drivers of elite frontrunners... I dont' see sub 50, not even sub 60 weight. If it made such a huge difference, they would surely keep it low, wouldn't they? But who knows, maybe it does matter a lot in lower leagues...
while in elite focusing on other things may have more benefits overall keeping driver weight down. either that, or you are wrong :) idk.

The average weight of the top 10 drivers in Elite is 80.1 kg. There is absolutely a reason for that and it has everything to do with which drivers skills are more important in Master and Elite than in Pro and Amateur.

If a manager is developing a project driver with a goal of promoting from Amateur to Pro to Master to Elite, then the driver's weight will fluctuate over time as you focus on building certain skills at certain stages. The driver skill that generates the speed needed from a project driver in Amateur and Pro will natural drop weight. However, once that skill reaches a certain level, there is no need to train it and continue to drop weight. That point happens to coincide with the point in the project driver process where you switch to building another skill. All those combine to influence the overall speed your driver brings to your package.

Now, if you are signing an already developed manager for say Amateur or Pro and don't plan to train him or her, then yes two drivers with similar skills may see a slight pace advantage for the lighter driver. But that advantage is minimal compared to other ways a manager can increase the speed of their overall package.
Tibor Szuromi
(Gruppe Pro - 5)

Land:
Ungarn 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #394 Skrevet Sep 26 2023, 09:36:57 Citat 
I agree. The weight of the pilot is not a consideration, it has no significance in the speed.
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Gruppe Pro - 10)

Land:
Island 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #395 Skrevet Sep 26 2023, 10:12:12 (senest redigeret Sep 26 2023, 10:32:33 af Atli Thor Johannesson) Citat 
Quote ( Gergo Szendi @ September 25th 2023,23:04:44 )

As I said previously, in Master and up, there are other trainable attributes that dont suffer the same depreciation at season reset, hence better to use training sessions on other than fitness, as you lose so many sessions at reset, especially in the sub 60 kilo range.

But Ama and Pro, no question, if you want to get retention points on a new driver, there is no better or faster way to obtain that, than sinking his weight/boosting his Moti, or better yet, pick a driver that is already just around 60 kilos, so you can use the training sessions on the other stats that make a driver fast, but don't deteriorate at season reset..

You go and pick any 80 kilo plus driver in Pro and try to score points in his 2nd and 3rd race, securing retention, without having a superior car... Go for it and show me how wrong I am. :)
I'm pretty sure you cant.

Quote ( Andrew Merkel @ September 26th 2023,00:50:37 )

However, once that skill reaches a certain level, there is no need to train it and continue to drop weight.

Agreed at Master and Elite, but you don't have that level of stamina on a sub 135 OA driver.
There fex. Aggression becomes way more important than it is in Pro... not enough to be fast,, you need to be able to pass too.

I always go for drivers with decent "certain" stats.
The few times I have picked a 75k plus driver in Pro with those stats, he is slow as fuck, gets no results in pro, struggling to retain in the first season.

Picked several 60ish kilo drivers, with same decent certain stats,, everyone and I mean each and every one has been fast, quickly getting retention results.

Only diff is the weight.

Id love to be in a Pro group full of fatsos, easy win.

The leader of my Pro group driver is 48 Kilos
My driver is second at 62 kilos
The third place driver is 69 kilos
Fourth place 58 kilos
fifth place 60 kilos
etc...

13th place driver 74 kilos (actually doing quite well)

Tibor Szuromi
(Gruppe Pro - 5)

Land:
Ungarn 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #396 Skrevet Sep 26 2023, 11:05:13 Citat 
@Atli Thor Johannesson (P10) Why don't you understand that kg does not define anything by itself? Especially not the group rankings.
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Gruppe Pro - 10)

Land:
Island 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #397 Skrevet Sep 26 2023, 11:17:37 (senest redigeret Sep 26 2023, 11:21:13 af Atli Thor Johannesson) Citat 
Quote ( Tibor Szuromi @ September 26th 2023,11:05:13 )

@Atli Thor Johannesson (P10) Why don't you understand that kg does not define anything by itself? Especially not the group rankings.

Because I understand very well how much dropping kilos means to lap time.
It just doesn't help with long term driver development.
No single thing is a "deciding factor" in Gpro.. but few kilos down, do help early on.,

But it's awesome in relations to retaining and promoting from Ama/Pro.

I don't do long term, so I don't know much about it... Since I can't be arsed to farm money/sponsors in Ama, way to boring.

But, to get fast results in Pro, leading to promotion, that's very very easy with my method.

Marcelo Santos
(Gruppe Amateur - 12)

Land:
Brasilien 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #398 Skrevet Sep 26 2023, 13:30:19 (senest redigeret Sep 26 2023, 13:32:58 af Marcelo Santos) Citat 
Quote ( Atli Thor Johannesson @ September 26th 2023,11:17:37 )

Quote ( Tibor Szuromi @ September 26th 2023,11:05:13 )

Because I understand very well how much dropping kilos means to lap time.
It just doesn't help with long term driver development.
No single thing is a "deciding factor" in Gpro.. but few kilos down, do help early on.,

But it's awesome in relations to retaining and promoting from Ama/Pro.

I don't do long term, so I don't know much about it... Since I can't be arsed to farm money/sponsors in Ama, way to boring.

But, to get fast results in Pro, leading to promotion, that's very very easy with my method.

Ehhh.. First of all, don't take into personal but, coming from someone who really knows what is doing at PRO, it wouldn't be easy to retain at master too?!?! Or maybe, MAYBE, not being able to train a young driver and come up with him with loads of better packages makes you struggle just a little bit with the garbage you can get from PRO and Master???

I just hired a new driver because the old one have only 36 Talent, or, my turtle in the desert as I used to call her...
But also made A few mistakes with TI too, so, time to move on!
BUT, that one could easily bring to PRO in two seasons. Going to PRO and being able to fight for another promotion right away.(A HUGE but if it becomes to be a rainy season :((( )

Give yourself a try next time you reach Master.. Believe me, will be worth the effort.
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Gruppe Pro - 10)

Land:
Island 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #399 Skrevet Sep 26 2023, 13:56:31 (senest redigeret Sep 26 2023, 14:05:13 af Atli Thor Johannesson) Citat 
Quote ( Marcelo Santos @ September 26th 2023,13:30:19 )

Ehhh.. First of all, don't take into personal but, coming from someone who really knows what is doing at PRO, it wouldn't be easy to retain at master too?!?! Or maybe, MAYBE, not being able to train a young driver and come up with him with loads of better packages makes you struggle just a little bit with the garbage you can get from PRO and Master???

In a way yes, but it takes tedious work in the lower leagues and I can't be arsed to do that.

Its no problem training a young driver, farming money and sponsors, while hammering noobs in AMA for several seasons, as many here do and fair play to them.

Other than, this is extremely boring and I don't play games to be bored.
Hence I have fun almost every season, changing drivers along the way.
But, even that is getting boring now, rinse repeat, so I probably wont be doing many more seasons.

Don't take this badly as it is not meant that way, you have been here since season 10 and you have raced 503 more races than me, yet I have 1794 points (652 in pro and above), while you have 1662 (43 in Pro)
This isn't because I am better than you or worse, it just reflects the style of play.
I'm just not interested in driver development, sponsor hoarding and reaching 150 million dollars,
I do know what it takes to get results fast below Master, but it comes with the catch I struggle succeeding in Master and will never reach Elite, which is fine with me. :)

I'm pretty sure you got you driver development down to a tee, as much as I know how to make a fast driver for pro, in a reduced time frame. ;)
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Gruppe Pro - 10)

Land:
Island 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (0)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (1)
Gammelt indlæg #400 Skrevet Sep 26 2023, 14:20:35 Citat 
If Roland comes in here and says weight doesn't matter at all in relations to lap time and is useless in Pro (excluding driver development), I'll eat my words and stfu.

But, I still know I'm right in this aspect (so many examples) and will continue to use those facts to my benefit, while I play this game.
:)

You could try this and use it for your benefit if you lose your development driver and want to score some points, while looking for the right replacement long term.
Low weight is not a replacement for good stats, but a compliment to any stats and it helps keeping you afloat, until you have the good stats you are after and promote. :)
Tomas Dederle
(Gruppe Master - 3)

Land:
Tjekkiet 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #401 Skrevet Sep 26 2023, 14:40:41 (senest redigeret Sep 26 2023, 14:43:30 af Tomas Dederle) Citat 
Quote ( Atli Thor Johannesson @ September 26th 2023,14:20:35 )

But, I still know I'm right in this aspect (so many examples) and will continue to use those facts to my benefit, while I play this game.

:)

Placebo is proven to work sometimes... ;-)
Driver´s weight is Oscillococcinum
Tibor Szuromi
(Gruppe Pro - 5)

Land:
Ungarn 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #402 Skrevet Sep 26 2023, 14:58:08 Citat 
Quote ( Tomas Dederle @ September 26th 2023,14:40:41 )

There is the point.
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Gruppe Pro - 10)

Land:
Island 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #403 Skrevet Sep 26 2023, 15:04:56 (senest redigeret Sep 26 2023, 15:06:36 af Atli Thor Johannesson) Citat 
Quote ( Tomas Dederle @ September 26th 2023,14:40:41 )

All the top drivers in your group are around 60 kilo.
Why aren't they 80 kilo?
Tomas Dederle
(Gruppe Master - 3)

Land:
Tjekkiet 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #404 Skrevet Sep 26 2023, 15:43:30 Citat 
Quote ( Atli Thor Johannesson @ September 26th 2023,15:04:56 )

Why aren't they 80 kilo?

the side effect of different focus...
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Gruppe Pro - 10)

Land:
Island 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #405 Skrevet Sep 26 2023, 16:17:52 Citat 
Quote ( Tomas Dederle @ September 26th 2023,15:43:30 )

he side effect of different focus...

Exactly the weightloss is a great side effect of the other focus... makes you way faster. :)

Try signing a sub 135OA 80 kilo guy with 160 stamina and i'll beat his laptimes with a 55 kilo 120 stamina guy.. same CTR
Jorrit Boer
(Gruppe Pro - 2)

Land:
Nederlandene 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (2)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #406 Skrevet Sep 26 2023, 16:21:06 Citat 
Quote ( Tomas Dederle @ September 26th 2023,15:43:30 )

Quote ( Atli Thor Johannesson @ September 26th 2023,15:04:56 )

Why aren't they 80 kilo?

the side effect of different focus...

Are you still on this issue? My word! Why do you feel the need to convince everyone here? Let us be wrong in peace.

Unless you come up with hard data, I don't think anyone is going to change their minds on this issue, which given the rules of this forum is very unllikely to happen.

Let's leave it here. You think that the weight difference is negligible, I think it isn't... There we go, problem solved!
Roland Postle10
(Gruppe Elite)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (11)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #407 Skrevet Sep 26 2023, 16:39:48 Citat 
Quote ( Atli Thor Johannesson @ September 26th 2023,14:20:35 )

If Roland comes in here and says weight doesn't matter at all in relations to lap time and is useless in Pro (excluding driver development), I'll eat my words and stfu.

Weight is..
- Not worth a tenth of a second a kg
- Not useless
- Not worth only a tenth as much as the same weight in fuel
- Not something 4-times champion Rimantas needs low to score an Elite podium
- Not to my knowledge something that suddenly becomes either useless or immensely valuable from one division to the next
- Something which can be partially investigated using the method Mike Kreisz gave, or variations of it
- Something which is very difficult to investigate by trying different drivers, because other factors almost always correlate
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Gruppe Pro - 10)

Land:
Island 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (2)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #408 Skrevet Sep 26 2023, 16:49:48 (senest redigeret Sep 26 2023, 16:50:43 af Atli Thor Johannesson) Citat 
I'll stfu and eat my words. :)
Side « 1 2 3 ... 12 13 [14 Gå til side:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > 'Finding a driver' guide for new players Tilføj dette emne til din ignorér-liste Tilføj dette emne til din favoritliste

Besvar til dette emne