Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > Game Over - [MAFIA] Star Wars - The Desert Hope Tilføj dette emne til din ignorér-liste Tilføj dette emne til din favoritliste
Side « 1 2 3 ... 135 136 [137 Gå til side:
Forfatter Emne: Game Over - [MAFIA] Star Wars - The Desert Hope 4105 svar
Kirsty Ridley
(Gruppe Pro - 14)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (0)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #4080 Skrevet Mar 13 2014, 11:13:57 Citat 
ahhh hang on, he killed me, not poisoned me :P I see it now
Kirsty Ridley
(Gruppe Pro - 14)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #4081 Skrevet Mar 13 2014, 11:14:39 Citat 
says on his PM up there that he had two poisons, but yeah, says I he killed me, not that he poisoned me.
Mikko Harju
(Gruppe Rookie - 8)

Land:
Finland 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #4082 Skrevet Mar 13 2014, 11:22:14 Citat 
Quote ( Alan Tansley @ March 13th 2014,10:52:39 )

Still don't understand why I was lynched.

I found it funny that you were lynched in this game almost at the same time that you weren't lynched in the game where you should have been.
Jimmy De Roy
(Gruppe Master - 3)

Land:
Belgien 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #4083 Skrevet Mar 13 2014, 11:22:20 Citat 
Quote ( Kirsty Ridley @ March 13th 2014,11:11:33 )

how come Stuart died the night after he was poisoned, but I died the same night I was poisoned?

Women are weaker against poison Kirsty :)

What i am happy about is that i more or less targeted the right player each night :)
Kirsty Ridley
(Gruppe Pro - 14)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #4084 Skrevet Mar 13 2014, 11:23:38 Citat 
Quote ( Alan Tansley @ March 13th 2014,10:52:39 )

Still don't understand why I was lynched.

Might have been a little, tiny bit my fault
Kevin Parkinson
(Gruppe Amateur - 72)

GPROs personale
  Land:
Skotland 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #4085 Skrevet Mar 13 2014, 11:29:24 Citat 
I still don't understand why any townies were voting Alan. Scum obviously had motive.
Matthew Standen
(Gruppe Amateur - 35)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #4086 Skrevet Mar 13 2014, 11:55:25 Citat 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ March 13th 2014,11:29:24 )

I still don't understand why any townies were voting Alan. Scum obviously had motive.

This might have had an effect;

Quote ( Mikko Harju @ March 13th 2014,11:22:14 )

I found it funny that you were lynched in this game almost at the same time that you weren't lynched in the game where you should have been.

I was following both games, and I must admit my view of Alan in this game was being affected by my view of him in the other one. Probably a good reason not to play in two games at once :)
Sean Armstrong
(Gruppe Amateur - 24)

Land:
Skotland 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #4087 Skrevet Mar 13 2014, 12:27:25 Citat 
Quote ( Grant Crouch @ March 13th 2014,02:00:36 )

Good game, had fun with it.

I do have a couple of questions.

1. I was having an extremely hard time keeping up with this game, especially when I would wake up and there would be 100+ posts. Does anybody have any tips on how I could keep up with the game more efficiently?

2. What about my play set people off? How can I improve as a MAFIA player? I know there were a lot of people talking about how my play came off as extremely scummy. I want to know why that was the case.

Grant,

Theres a few things I think.

Note taking is always helpful if you dont have a pretty photogenic memory. And I would expect that most people who only come on once, maybe twice a day miss a lot of posts and often a lot of it is pointless throw between two players at times.

In the latter case, I didnt actually find anything you did scummy. I had to try and make a case against you, but it was pretty much done for when we kept failing to kill confirmed townies n1/2/4.

I didn't have any real problem with your play, though I guess Daryl did try to make connections between you and Kirsty and in all honesty I would expect the only reason was is because he doesnt have all the information and is trying to piece things together.

Its just part and parcel of the game really.
Alan Tansley
(Gruppe Rookie - 59)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (2)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #4088 Skrevet Mar 13 2014, 15:18:59 Citat 
Sean, does your memory have a knack for always looking sexy on camera?
Michał Kożuchowski
(Gruppe Amateur - 63)

Emnets moderator
  Land:
Polen 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #4089 Skrevet Mar 13 2014, 15:36:41 (senest redigeret Mar 13 2014, 15:37:59 af Michał Kożuchowski) Citat 
Did you notice, that Jimmy wasn't clearing anyone? If he would protect Mafia, it doesn't neccasary mean he will die. Mafia would be facing a question, if they want to be protected by someone or kill him.
Quote ( Nicholas Carpenter @ March 13th 2014,01:37:49 )

anyone who doesn't want protection from a doctor can easily kill you and stop you protecting them.
Quote ( Nicholas Carpenter @ March 13th 2014,01:37:49 )

however you may be killed if you protect a non-town player

Also mafia factional kills were failing SO BADLY, that it was sure Town win after a few kills failed.
Kevin Parkinson
(Gruppe Amateur - 72)

GPROs personale
  Land:
Skotland 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #4090 Skrevet Mar 13 2014, 15:39:57 Citat 
Catch up, Michal. We know that, but it wasn't totally clear from his role PM so I understand him misunderstanding, especially as it's quite a significant variation from a standard weak doc.
Jimmy De Roy
(Gruppe Master - 3)

Land:
Belgien 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #4091 Skrevet Mar 13 2014, 15:40:52 (senest redigeret Mar 13 2014, 15:41:36 af Jimmy De Roy) Citat 
Quote ( Michał Kożuchowski @ March 13th 2014,15:36:41 )

Did you notice, that Jimmy wasn't clearing anyone? If he would protect Mafia, it doesn't neccasary mean he will die. Mafia would be facing a question, if they want to be protected by someone or kill him.

Did you notice this?

Quote ( Nicholas Carpenter @ March 13th 2014,10:57:35 )

Upon reading it again, sort've Jimmy. Does say may be killed, not will be, but not the extent where it says scum get to choose if he lives or dies.

Thought I had put that in the Role PM, so I apologize to Jimmy for anything I said about him not reading the role PM as I'm sure I could've made that mistake easily enough.

And did you notice i never hit scum in the first place? and i know you are going to say it was pure luck but i don't care as all what you have posted in 4089 has nothing to do with your game but with something else

Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ March 13th 2014,15:39:57 )

Catch up, Michal. We know that, but it wasn't totally clear from his role PM so I understand him misunderstanding, especially as it's quite a significant variation from a standard weak doc.

thanks Kevin ;)
Michał Kożuchowski
(Gruppe Amateur - 63)

Emnets moderator
  Land:
Polen 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #4092 Skrevet Mar 13 2014, 15:44:37 Citat 
Quote ( Jimmy De Roy @ March 13th 2014,15:40:52 )

i don't care as all what you have posted in 4089 has nothing to do with your game but with something else

Well it is only about my game and I'm sharing what I wanted to share post game. Also can't see how you are feeling attacked by 4089 lol
Jimmy De Roy
(Gruppe Master - 3)

Land:
Belgien 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #4093 Skrevet Mar 13 2014, 15:48:36 (senest redigeret Mar 13 2014, 15:58:35 af Jimmy De Roy) Citat 
Quote ( Michał Kożuchowski @ March 13th 2014,15:44:37 )

Well it is only about my game and I'm sharing what I wanted to share post game. Also can't see how you are feeling attacked by 4089 lol

You are right i had a very bad game alas for you you are the only one with that opinion.

You have been critizing me from the start in QT's so i am not suprised you continue here although your fellow organizer said differently as that an experienced player as Kevin.

So in short i just don't give a damn about it because I'm programmed for etiquette, not destruction!

Sean Armstrong
(Gruppe Amateur - 24)

Land:
Skotland 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #4094 Skrevet Mar 13 2014, 17:35:37 Citat 
Quote ( Alan Tansley @ March 13th 2014,15:18:59 )

Sean, does your memory have a knack for always looking sexy on camera?

Yes... Totally.

Photographic, obviously. :P
Daryl Gee
(Gruppe Amateur - 55)

Land:
Sydafrika 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #4095 Skrevet Mar 13 2014, 21:02:41 Citat 
Thanks for the game, lads.

Grant Crouch
(Gruppe Rookie - 408)

Land:
USA 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #4096 Skrevet Mar 14 2014, 01:29:49 Citat 
Quote ( Sean Armstrong @ March 13th 2014,12:27:25 )

Grant,

Theres a few things I think.

Note taking is always helpful if you dont have a pretty photogenic memory. And I would expect that most people who only come on once, maybe twice a day miss a lot of posts and often a lot of it is pointless throw between two players at times.

In the latter case, I didnt actually find anything you did scummy. I had to try and make a case against you, but it was pretty much done for when we kept failing to kill confirmed townies n1/2/4.

I didn't have any real problem with your play, though I guess Daryl did try to make connections between you and Kirsty and in all honesty I would expect the only reason was is because he doesnt have all the information and is trying to piece things together.

Its just part and parcel of the game really.

Thanks for the tips Sean. I'll definitely try to take notes next time. Maybe open up a word document with things I find as WIFOM or possibly scummy.
Kevin Parkinson
(Gruppe Amateur - 72)

GPROs personale
  Land:
Skotland 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #4097 Skrevet Mar 14 2014, 14:08:28 Citat 
Quote ( Grant Crouch @ March 14th 2014,01:29:49 )

Thanks for the tips Sean. I'll definitely try to take notes next time. Maybe open up a word document with things I find as WIFOM or possibly scummy.

Always good to keep a note of post numbers that you think could be worthwhile referring back to later in the game if you were suspicious of it or such like early on (as murder to hunt through a big thread to find individual posts if you don't remember the exact wording of something to search).

Saying that, I get lazy after day 2 usually and forget about keeping my notes up to date.

With lots of claims in play, an Excel file with all players listed with their claimed actions can be good. I caught Tim in a lie with that once :) And helps stop you forgetting about a claimed action to (someone did in it this game, IIRC, saying Alan hadn't claimed something that he had).
Grant Crouch
(Gruppe Rookie - 408)

Land:
USA 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #4098 Skrevet Mar 14 2014, 16:16:30 Citat 
Lol that was me Kevin who missed Alan's claim :)
Kevin Parkinson
(Gruppe Amateur - 72)

GPROs personale
  Land:
Skotland 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #4099 Skrevet Mar 14 2014, 16:18:07 Citat 
I think it was Kirsty I am thinking of, Alan mentioned it in the Dead QT; about not knowing who Alan visited one night, but he had claimed it earlier. I could be wrong.
Tim-Oliver Wagner
(Gruppe Pro - 21)

Land:
Tyskland 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #4100 Skrevet Mar 14 2014, 16:18:38 Citat 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ March 14th 2014,14:08:28 )

I caught Tim in a lie with that once :) And helps stop you forgetting about a claimed action to (someone did in it this game, IIRC, saying Alan hadn't claimed something that he had).

Only took you a whole game day to notice though :p
Kevin Parkinson
(Gruppe Amateur - 72)

GPROs personale
  Land:
Skotland 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #4101 Skrevet Mar 14 2014, 16:22:36 Citat 
Quote ( Tim-Oliver Wagner @ March 14th 2014,16:18:38 )

Only took you a whole game day to notice though :p

Shh! :p
Sean Armstrong
(Gruppe Amateur - 24)

Land:
Skotland 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #4102 Skrevet Mar 14 2014, 17:19:35 Citat 
It's also quite good as scum to take notes. I was able to piece together my albeit dodgy Watcher claim based on what was (semi reasonable logic if I were to have been town) alongside making sure I saw people I saw. I was semi tempted to say I visited Jimmy N1 and saw Joachim, yourself Kevin but I was being a bit of a muppet between the differences of a tough guy and a bodyguard role.

And I also knew that Alan had visited Joachim based on Alan's earlier claim of doctor.

It was fairly obvious how pieced together my claim was, I mean Jimmy was pretty much all over how it was dodgy that I had waited and how everything was therefore easily in line with other claimed actions. I would say though that I would wait to hear from the person I was infringing before I claimed anything had I really been town, so dont take that as a tell of me being scum going forward. I literally did try to play the game as if I was a town player, but there was a lot of suspicion about the BBC English quality of language of beating around the bush, intentionally being a little vague about my claim to stop Kirsty asking is General Dodonna a Watcher.

The only real comment I think i had (i may have already said it) is I think the Oracle role should have only been restricted to roles and not the characters. Its a point I saw Eduardo made in the Hutt QT and I do wholeheartedly agree for it, because an Oracle isnt going to ask "Is Nein Numb scum", they would ask it from the town POV and anyone getting the result of that would assume that meant they are scum and not a "no result", whereas having it just be the role means we can try and dodge by not specifying the role, I basically said "I'm a watcher" without saying "I'm a watcher". It was Daryl who pieced together the 2 piece jigsaw puzzle in the world to figure that one out.

Just my 2c and obviously only an opinion so not solid fact. The game was still enjoyable for me even with that in play, it made the game quite strategic for us scum, especially with our inability to kill on Empire side.
Christoph Seifriedsberger
(Gruppe Elite)

Land:
Østrig 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #4103 Skrevet Mar 14 2014, 17:44:02 Citat 
I've only read the first few pages, but the one I was quite sure about being scum was Sean. I can't remember what it was, but I even pm'ed Nick telling him that Sean is scum for sure :P
Kevin Parkinson
(Gruppe Amateur - 72)

GPROs personale
  Land:
Skotland 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #4104 Skrevet Mar 14 2014, 17:57:30 Citat 
Quote ( Christoph Seifriedsberger @ March 14th 2014,17:44:02 )

I've only read the first few pages, but the one I was quite sure about being scum was Sean. I can't remember what it was, but I even pm'ed Nick telling him that Sean is scum for sure :P

That's the kind of player we need in The Great Video Game War! :p
Sean Armstrong
(Gruppe Amateur - 24)

Land:
Skotland 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #4105 Skrevet Mar 14 2014, 18:54:55 Citat 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ March 14th 2014,17:57:30 )

Quote ( Christoph Seifriedsberger @ March 14th 2014,17:44:02 )

That's the kind of player we need in The Great Video Game War! :p

Super spammy post:

+1!
Side « 1 2 3 ... 135 136 [137 Gå til side:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > Game Over - [MAFIA] Star Wars - The Desert Hope Tilføj dette emne til din ignorér-liste Tilføj dette emne til din favoritliste

Besvar til dette emne