Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Bug forum > Weather change during a race (lapped cars) Tilføj dette emne til din ignorér-liste Tilføj dette emne til din favoritliste
Side « 1 [2 Gå til side:
Forfatter Emne: Weather change during a race (lapped cars) 46 svar
Christopher Jones
(Gruppe Amateur - 123)

Land:
USA 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (0)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #31 Skrevet Aug 16 2017, 03:30:11 (senest redigeret Aug 16 2017, 03:30:50 af Christopher Jones) Citat 
Well i know that racing is racing and if you can't stay on the lead lap then your team needs to have work done to get you where you can stay on the lead lap and chance to win. If the leader crosses the line and wins and am 6 laps down, i accept i screwed up somewhere and my team didn't perform that race. As it shows in race results I finished 6 laps down, so shouldn't be no point in racing back those 6 laps to get speed times for simulator.

I have know races not to be shown on TV and they didn't race their laps if they were 3 laps down. Also seen races pre- recorded and shown on TV a later date where they didn't race their laps back if they were laps down, nor did they show every lap of the race to fit it in with the time they paid for.

it is only in the live race screen where this issue is because the old way you didn't race your laps back nor did you have to race to lap 25 (for example) if you were a lap down, when it hit lap 25 and it started raining, car went into pit right then and changed to rain tires.

So if it is working on old screen then, their is something their they use to fix it on the new live screen.
Christopher Jones
(Gruppe Amateur - 123)

Land:
USA 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #32 Skrevet Aug 16 2017, 03:45:41 (senest redigeret Aug 16 2017, 03:46:17 af Christopher Jones) Citat 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ August 14th 2017,21:21:21 )

Quote ( Martin Irla @ August 14th 2017,21:15:47 )

And this arises another question.....before the race viewer,the car wear i supose was calculated for the laps you did,if you did 67 laps of 72 the wear was of those 67 laps.....but now as every car has to finish the race,how is calculated? 67 laps or 72?,,,,and that is a change,small but a change and it can make diferences,so i think we should know it for sure.And since its a change done only for the race viewer,think we should be told how it is and not something for us to figure out....
Nothing changed, your wear was always counted for all 72 laps. Race Analysis also shows you 72 laptimes, and the fuel consumption for 72 laps, etcetera etcetera. Even if the Race Summary said you did only 67.

Might on your race analysis, but not on your race resume:

Brands Hatch (United Kingdom) Amateur - 123 72/75 1:23.713s (28) 1:26.624s (28) 2:50.337s (28) 20/30 (+8) 1h43:48.401
(+4:17.870)
Mikko Heikkinen
(Gruppe Master - 1)

Land:
Finland 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #33 Skrevet Aug 16 2017, 04:07:13 Citat 
Quote ( Christopher Jones @ August 16th 2017,03:30:11 )

If the leader crosses the line and wins and am 6 laps down, i accept i screwed up somewhere and my team didn't perform that race. As it shows in race results I finished 6 laps down, so shouldn't be no point in racing back those 6 laps to get speed times for simulator.

There may be other cars also 6 laps down, you are still racing them. You (and the others) are entitled to race 'till the end for the position.

Furthermore, you may see those laps pointless, but others might not.

So if it is working on old screen then, their is something their they use to fix it on the new live screen.

The new viewer works with the same race engine as the traditional one, as explained in the live viewer thread.

it is only in the live race screen where this issue is because the old way you didn't race your laps back nor did you have to race to lap 25 (for example) if you were a lap down, when it hit lap 25 and it started raining, car went into pit right then and changed to rain tires.

The live viewer thread is quite long, so...

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=20239&PostId=4148246#post4148246

post #1645
Tomas Kuusela
(Gruppe Amateur - 29)

Land:
Finland 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #34 Skrevet Aug 16 2017, 07:34:21 Citat 
This aroused nice amount of discussion. And totally got an answer to my question and confusion, thank you very much. :)

Now I just got to adapt that this looks so funny in new race screen. :D
Jukka Sireni2
(Gruppe Elite)

GPROs personale
  Land:
Finland 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #35 Skrevet Aug 16 2017, 10:46:56 Citat 
I think real life race ending is also a safety issue. In GPRO the finished cars conveniently disappear from the track, while in real life they cruise back to pits, so if other cars were still racing, it would be a mess.

About the possible new race engine, there are some issues. If the rain started at the same time for everyone, it would mean that it would start midlap. So what do you put in the race analysis for that lap. Is it dry or wet?

Also if the race ended early for lapped ones, how would it affect GO?
Dainius Vaškys
(Gruppe Rookie - 125)

Land:
Litauen 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #36 Skrevet Aug 16 2017, 11:13:43 Citat 
What about rain starting/ending when you cross the start line and letting the cars go all the laps ? For example the one's who finished the race, will slow down and go extra lap and then stop in pits and wait till the lapped cars finish it. At the same time while those cars which are driving slowly around the track, would be passed by blue flag rules, without obstructing the race for the remaining managers.
Chris Shaw
(Gruppe Amateur - 110)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #37 Skrevet Aug 16 2017, 11:30:41 Citat 
Quote ( Jukka Sireni @ August 16th 2017,10:46:56 )

Also if the race ended early for lapped ones, how would it affect GO?

That's very sentimental, I'd say who cares! Developers shouldn't have to support third party tools, the developers of said tool just have to adapt it!

I guess i'd end up putting 2 laps less fuel knowing that I'm bloody slow right now. I wonder if HRT F1 ever did that? :P
Mark Wright
(Gruppe Amateur - 7)

Land:
Skotland 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #38 Skrevet Aug 16 2017, 13:29:39 Citat 
Quote ( Chris Shaw @ August 16th 2017,11:30:41 )

That's very sentimental, I'd say who cares! Developers shouldn't have to support third party tools, the developers of said tool just have to adapt it!

It wouldn't just have an effect on GO as it would also mean your wear in the Race Analysis page would be out which would be a bigger issue for those collecting wear data.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Gruppe Amateur - 28)

Land:
Belgien 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (2)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #39 Skrevet Aug 16 2017, 13:46:59 Citat 
Yes because you would have to do [wear] / [laps done] * [race laps] to get the wear for the whole race. The horror.
Jens Jäschke
(Gruppe Rookie - 127)

Land:
Tyskland 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (2)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #40 Skrevet Aug 16 2017, 15:52:13 Citat 
not finishing all the laps would also give another advantage to OBP strategies, as they suffer even less wear in those races where they aren't pushing.
Jean Chapados
(Gruppe Rookie - 182)

Land:
Canada 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #41 Skrevet Aug 16 2017, 17:38:09 Citat 
Sometime cars don't finish a race because of technical issue or puncture. Why not put the same for cars lapped by the leader. If the leader finish the race, all the lapped cars are done same as if they stopped the race for any others reasons.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Gruppe Master - 1)

Land:
Finland 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #42 Skrevet Aug 16 2017, 19:19:43 (senest redigeret Aug 16 2017, 19:20:49 af Mikko Heikkinen) Citat 
There is a difference between "sometimes" (as in rarely) and "every single race"
Jasper Coosemans1
(Gruppe Amateur - 28)

Land:
Belgien 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #43 Skrevet Aug 16 2017, 19:30:24 (senest redigeret Aug 16 2017, 19:31:25 af Jasper Coosemans) Citat 
How is that an argument against his suggestion?

I think it's a good suggestion, but in terms of programming the simulator, I think the 'problem' will be that the race winner's total time is not known until he has completed all the laps. Only then can you know how many times everyone has been lapped. But because of lap-by-lap calculation, the race engine has already calculated all the laps for everyone, before it can know how many laps the guy in last position should have covered.

Not that hard to fix imo, you calculate the whole race as it is done today, then you go back and erase all the 'excessive' laps of the lapped guys. And you feed that information (which laps are erased) to the live viewer along with the data of the leader's last lap.

Obviously I don't know precisely how the race engine and the live viewer are programmed so it's a bit of speculation from my side. ^^
Miel Soeterbroek
(Gruppe Pro - 18)

Land:
Nederlandene 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (3)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (1)
Gammelt indlæg #44 Skrevet Aug 16 2017, 19:47:25 Citat 
The biggest issue i have with such a suggestion is exactly what Jens points out above.

I have not put it to the test, but i think if you really try your hardest, you could end up having 50% of the race distance covered. The 50% race income drop due to that is nullified (and more) by the wear cost you'd save by doing half the laps.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Gruppe Master - 1)

Land:
Finland 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #45 Skrevet Aug 16 2017, 19:52:02 Citat 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ August 16th 2017,19:30:24 )

How is that an argument against his suggestion?

Did you mean my post ?

Not an argument, an observation/comment

But if some is needed, I do think that the difference between DNF and being slower than the leader has been addressed in this thread.

Stephen Bewers
(Gruppe Pro - 15)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #46 Skrevet Aug 16 2017, 21:23:56 Citat 
Why are we talking about changes to the whole game engine over something that is purely graphical and easily solvable in ways that I and a couple of others have already suggested?

That's like burning your house down to get rid of a spider...
Dainius Vaškys
(Gruppe Rookie - 125)

Land:
Litauen 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (1)
Gammelt indlæg #47 Skrevet Aug 17 2017, 07:12:05 Citat 
Quote ( Stephen Bewers @ August 16th 2017,21:23:56 )

That's like burning your house down to get rid of a spider...

If it's stupid, but it works, it aint stupid.
Side « 1 [2 Gå til side:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Bug forum > Weather change during a race (lapped cars) Tilføj dette emne til din ignorér-liste Tilføj dette emne til din favoritliste

Besvar til dette emne