Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Bug forum > outbid but drivers do not have a new contract Tilføj dette emne til din ignorér-liste Tilføj dette emne til din favoritliste
Side [12 » Gå til side:
Forfatter Emne: outbid but drivers do not have a new contract 33 svar
Marcel Westner
(Gruppe Amateur - 11)

Land:
Østrig 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (0)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #1 Skrevet Sep 17 2018, 21:24:09 Citat 
Hello,
i've bid for several drivers. i got outbid on two of them even though both outbid drivers do not have a new contract. how is this possible? the one driver i got was NOT the one on highest prio.

Ahmet Sonverdi
(Gruppe Pro - 7)

Land:
Tyrkiet 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #2 Skrevet Sep 17 2018, 21:26:47 Citat 
Did you offer too less salary & signing fee?
Marcel Westner
(Gruppe Amateur - 11)

Land:
Østrig 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #3 Skrevet Sep 17 2018, 21:29:43 (senest redigeret Sep 18 2018, 01:11:12 af Florencia Caro) Citat 
i've offered more than requested and even bonus

Date & Time Driver name Nat Salary Signing fee Bonuses Length Status
Points Podium Race win Trophy
Sep 15th 2018, 08:46:54 Bas Franchi 17 races Outbid
Today at 08:54:02 Stefano Giacomelli 17 races Accepted
Today at 08:54:41 Richard Klien 17 races Outbid

Mod Edit: Removed exact numbers

Frederik Broux
(Gruppe Pro - 23)

Land:
Belgien 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #4 Skrevet Sep 17 2018, 21:32:46 Citat 
Best not to use exact numbers in the fora.
Marcel Westner
(Gruppe Amateur - 11)

Land:
Østrig 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #5 Skrevet Sep 17 2018, 22:03:38 Citat 
who says this is "exact" numbers - except the number you can see on my drver anyway in the latest transfers.
for all drivers i've offered more than what was asked for but i got the one which was on lower prio and the other ones still don't have any contract ...
Marcelo Ascencio
(Gruppe Pro - 9)

Land:
Argentina 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #6 Skrevet Sep 17 2018, 22:09:13 (senest redigeret Sep 17 2018, 22:11:16 af Marcelo Ascencio) Citat 
That probably deserve a look from admins.

I don't see any mistakes on your part. Nobody got him, you should have him now

is this the driver?
/gb/DriverProfile.asp?ID=8325
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Gruppe Pro - 7)

Land:
Tyrkiet 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #7 Skrevet Sep 17 2018, 22:10:57 Citat 
Unless you messed up the priority part, I don't know why you didn't get one of those drivers.
Ania Piekarska
(Gruppe Amateur - 9)

Land:
Polen 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #8 Skrevet Sep 17 2018, 22:23:55 Citat 
If the driver didn't like the salary, you would get the answer "Rejected", not "Outbid".

Were you the only bidder for Franchi? The only scenario I can think of is that there was someone else who gave better offer but at the end they signed another driver. I'm not sure what is supposed to happen in such situation.
David Jones-Winkley
(Gruppe Master - 2)

Land:
Wales 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #9 Skrevet Sep 17 2018, 22:27:17 (senest redigeret Sep 17 2018, 22:28:50 af David Jones-Winkley) Citat 
the sign on fee look really low and the second outbid was after a driver accepted an offer from you
Ania Piekarska
(Gruppe Amateur - 9)

Land:
Polen 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (2)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #10 Skrevet Sep 17 2018, 22:30:47 Citat 
Quote ( David Jones-Winkley @ September 17th 2018,22:27:17 )

the sign on fee look really low

It's higher than the driver asked (and salary also higher) so I don't think it's the issue.
Marcel Westner
(Gruppe Amateur - 11)

Land:
Østrig 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #11 Skrevet Sep 17 2018, 22:34:31 Citat 
@Merclo, yes this is the driver.
@Ahmet, i am quite sure i had the order in this row, at least this is also shown in the screen for "my past offers" and it reflects my prio:
1st was to get an optimal driver which i wanted but he had at least one other offer from someon else (@anita)
2nd prio was to get a good but expensive driver without any offers (which i got)
3rd if both fail, get a decent one i can invest in

any other order would not make any sense to me unless there was a change in my prios which i did not do on pupose or did not see (of course it could be a misstake by myself but i cannot prove this)

I find it strange the driver i wanted did not get a contract not even by the other competitor

Marcel Westner
(Gruppe Amateur - 11)

Land:
Østrig 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #12 Skrevet Sep 17 2018, 22:37:58 Citat 
Quote ( David Jones-Winkley @ September 17th 2018,22:27:17 )

the sign on fee look really low and the second outbid was after a driver accepted an offer from you

yes, if the order was in the way i've mentioned, it would totally make sense why my third offer did not count - but not the first as mentioned abeve
Ania Piekarska
(Gruppe Amateur - 9)

Land:
Polen 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #13 Skrevet Sep 17 2018, 22:43:02 Citat 
Quote ( Marcel Westner @ September 17th 2018,22:34:31 )

i am quite sure i had the order in this row, at least this is also shown in the screen for "my past offers"

The past offers order is the same as priorities, so it doesn't look like a mistake from you. (of setting the order different from what you wished)

1st was to get an optimal driver which i wanted but he had at least one other offer from someon else (@anita)

It looks quite possible that this other person outbid you but then took another driver. If you remember the name, you can check if it's true.

As for the 3rd driver saying "Outbid", they always say that if they have priority below the one you signed.

I was once wondering what happens if I bid driver A as my first option and B as my second and you bid B as first and A as second. Then I win battle for B and you win battle for A. Which drivers do we get?
Stuart Foster
(Gruppe Pro - 3)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #14 Skrevet Sep 17 2018, 22:43:16 (senest redigeret Sep 17 2018, 22:47:02 af Stuart Foster) Citat 
Somebody else must have had a private bid on the firs one Marcel, which would not be visible to you.

Quote ( Ania Piekarska @ September 17th 2018,22:43:02 )

t looks quite possible that this other person outbid you but then took another driver.

It doesn't work like that though Ania...if another person had another offer in a higher priority, those offers are filtered through first and Marcel would get the driver. It wouldn't happen that someone outbid him on that driver in a lower priority while signing someone else in a higher priority. Only way I see Marcel didn't get the driver is a private offer.
Marcel Westner
(Gruppe Amateur - 11)

Land:
Østrig 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #15 Skrevet Sep 17 2018, 22:55:27 Citat 
@Stuart
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ September 17th 2018,22:43:16 )

Only way I see Marcel didn't get the driver is a private offer.

So, a private offer would be higher - i get this but how is it possible this driver does not have any contract now? I've read the guids about driver contracts but i did not find any explanation about the bidding structures
Onur Guardian
(Gruppe Pro - 21)

Land:
Tyrkiet 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #16 Skrevet Sep 17 2018, 23:04:01 Citat 
the only thing in my mind is realy that priority. but if you are sure of that Bas Franchi was at the top then we can clearly talk about a bug here.
Stuart Foster
(Gruppe Pro - 3)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #17 Skrevet Sep 17 2018, 23:07:21 Citat 
has to be a bug then, there's absolutely no way of it occurring that you don't get that driver if someone else made a bid on him a lower priority than another driver they successfully signed. It shouldn't happen.
Marcel Westner
(Gruppe Amateur - 11)

Land:
Østrig 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #18 Skrevet Sep 17 2018, 23:12:50 (senest redigeret Sep 17 2018, 23:14:01 af Marcel Westner) Citat 
soooo, the question i have now - tomorrow is the race. do i have to work now with the result and take this driver or is there any chance there will be some sort of resolution before?

is there any way to rule out a mistake by me - @anita mentioned the list i see is also the prio-list

Stuart Foster
(Gruppe Pro - 3)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #19 Skrevet Sep 17 2018, 23:18:47 (senest redigeret Sep 17 2018, 23:21:38 af Stuart Foster) Citat 
I would say quite confidently you have not made a mistake. If that driver was your first priority and you didn't get him AND he has no manager at this point...its some kind of bug. I expect Vlad will dig in to it if you get hold of him. I doubt you'd have it resolved before the race though.

Is it possible someone would have made a private bid on him before the last race started and then got booted out of the game for inactivity/missed races after Friday's race? It's the only plausible explanation...though I would highly doubt that to be the case.
Marcel Westner
(Gruppe Amateur - 11)

Land:
Østrig 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #20 Skrevet Sep 17 2018, 23:27:00 Citat 
okay Stuart, thank you. i will now prepare my race and live with the impact, hopefully ther is any resolution
Mikko Heikkinen
(Gruppe Pro - 3)

Land:
Finland 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #21 Skrevet Sep 17 2018, 23:47:30 (senest redigeret Sep 17 2018, 23:55:46 af Mikko Heikkinen) Citat 

at least this is also shown in the screen for "my past offers" and it reflects my prio:

I think it does not reflect the priorities of the offers.

I've had this kind before:

the offers
z money
x money
y money

"Past offers of season"
x Outbid
y Outbid
z Accepted

The "past offers" aren't necessarily in the same order as your offer priorities were

Don't know/remember, but might be that the "past offers" are in the same order you originally inserted the offers, regardless of changing priorities later. If so, that would explain the confusion.

So... Might be a bug, but I'd say a likely possibility is that the priorities weren't set up as you thought.

Quote ( Marcel Westner @ September 17th 2018,21:24:09 )

outbid drivers do not have a new contract.

2 kinds of "outbid"

outbid by other manager = driver goes to another manager
outbid by other driver contract = you hire another driver instead

the same works for both, and IMHO everything doesn't have to be nitpicked & defined to the last dot.
Stuart Foster
(Gruppe Pro - 3)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #22 Skrevet Sep 18 2018, 00:12:00 (senest redigeret Sep 18 2018, 00:15:46 af Stuart Foster) Citat 
Tell you what though Mikko, one thing to support Marcel's case...look at the profile of that driver.... you telling me he would not have got picked up in this market in amateur regardless of any mistake on Marcel's part with priorities? Seems strange to me... which makes me kinda feel like Marcel didn't make a mistake...

/gb/DriverProfile.asp?ID=8325
Roland Postle10
(Gruppe Elite)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #23 Skrevet Sep 18 2018, 00:22:01 Citat 
Quote ( Marcel Westner @ September 17th 2018,23:12:50 )

is there any way to rule out a mistake by me - @anita mentioned the list i see is also the prio-list

As Mikko almost said the past offers list isn't the same as the priority list, it's only the same as the *default* priority list. If you clicked any of the arrows after placing the bids (moved Stefano Giacomelli up, or Bas Franchi down) that would explain it. If you can, I advise saving the 'Current Offers' list before the staff decision takes place but after the deadline (ie. after the last time you could change priorities) so you can analyse what went down afterwards without having to question your memory. I don't think there's any other way to check afterwards.

Not saying it's definitely not a bug (or just a feature of this black-box staff assignment algorithm), there are a few other threads reporting this exact scenario. However the priorities are always the most straightforward explanation.

Quote ( Stuart Foster @ September 18th 2018,00:12:00 )

look at the profile of that driver.... you telling me he would not have got picked up in this market in amateur regardless of any mistake on Marcel's part with priorities?

But he has an early bid from a rich manager, no point wasting 500k on that :)
Marcelo Santos
(Gruppe Rookie - 162)

Land:
Brasilien 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (0)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (1)
Gammelt indlæg #24 Skrevet Sep 18 2018, 00:44:01 Citat 
Quote ( Marcel Westner @ September 17th 2018,21:24:09 )

Hello,
i've bid for several drivers. i got outbid on two of them even though both outbid drivers do not have a new contract. how is this possible? the one driver i got was NOT the one on highest prio.

You're at amateur... already know things, MAYBE, the main reason lies beneath the % you decreased at his default values.
Said and undoubtly the correct answer.
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Gruppe Amateur - 6)

Land:
Mexico 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #25 Skrevet Sep 18 2018, 06:45:54 Citat 
I can confirm thet the list shown in the past offers is based upon the order that you placed an offer.

My current driver was my second option yet he is shown in fourth position.

He was the last offer I placed because he has the higher driver number of the four offers I made but I later moved him to Offer #2.

Marcel Westner
(Gruppe Amateur - 11)

Land:
Østrig 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #26 Skrevet Sep 18 2018, 09:41:38 Citat 
dang, okay, so if i cannot tell if i've clicked one of the arrows ... i cannot tell. anyway probably i will have to live now with this result anyway. let's see where this brings me ;)

If the devs want to look into their logs maybe they find something, if not i would see it as a "random" like in the race - which is kind of expensive but the driver was my 2nd choice - it is not that bad just changes my mid-term strategy a bit

if there is really a bug maybe the Devs will get me some benefit ;)
Ania Piekarska
(Gruppe Amateur - 9)

Land:
Polen 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #27 Skrevet Sep 18 2018, 09:49:04 Citat 
Assuming it's a bug, I don't think you will get any benefit. Most likely the same thing happened to many others before you and there is no good solution to reimburse those who had this problem 3 seasons ago for example. It's not like you were harmed much, your situation is not much different than if someone outbid you. It only feels weird to lose a driver to a ghost.
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Gruppe Master - 5)

Land:
Polen 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #28 Skrevet Sep 18 2018, 09:58:29 (senest redigeret Sep 18 2018, 09:59:50 af Tomek Kiełpiński) Citat 
I believe the question is how exactly the drivers "decisions" are taken. What is the algorithm. There has to be an order of processing which can influence the whole market. It the algorithm doesn't include some loops to recheck if the drivers outbid in the first "round" are still available on the market, it will look exactly like in the OP case.

It's easy to imagine that Bas Franchi was first to "take decision". He got an offer from manager X who outbid all the others. But in the same time Bas was #2 on X's list, and X got #1 Driver Z who was "taking the decision" later, while keeping Bas as outbid to other managers.

Maybe admins could share the algorithm that's used? Maybe we could propose another one, more fair?

Vladimir Alexandrov
(Administrator)

GPROs personale
  Land:
Bulgarien 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (6)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #29 Skrevet Sep 18 2018, 12:08:41 Citat 
I looked at the issue. You got your #1 priority driver: Stefano Giacomelli.
Onur Guardian
(Gruppe Pro - 21)

Land:
Tyrkiet 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #30 Skrevet Sep 18 2018, 12:10:32 (senest redigeret Sep 18 2018, 12:12:53 af Onur Guardian) Citat 
Quote ( Onur Guardian @ September 17th 2018,23:04:01 )

the only thing in my mind is realy that priority. but if you are sure of that Bas Franchi was at the top then we can clearly talk about a bug here.

Quote ( Vladimir Alexandrov @ September 18th 2018,12:08:41 )

I looked at the issue. You got your #1 priority driver: Stefano Giacomelli.

sorry for you Marcel... gaining experience is more valuable thing than you pay for that driver :)
Side [12 » Gå til side:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Bug forum > outbid but drivers do not have a new contract Tilføj dette emne til din ignorér-liste Tilføj dette emne til din favoritliste

Besvar til dette emne