Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Sponsor adjustement ideas Tilføj dette emne til din ignorér-liste Tilføj dette emne til din favoritliste
Side [1
Forfatter Emne: Sponsor adjustement ideas 14 svar
Bert Huylebroeck1
(Gruppe Pro - 13)

Land:
Belgien 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (1)
Gammelt indlæg #1 Skrevet Nov 23 2018, 12:49:37 Citat 
Yes I know there are many suggestions to sponsors (I wonder why?).

But here is my idea (adjustments as most will remain the same):

- When a sponsors hits 100%, it stays there for 10 races without questions asked. After that, every race he will drop down some. About 3% or so. Why? Just to make it less easier to accumulate sponsors on 100%. This way you force people to use higher then very low or low priority on negotiations to remain on 100%. So all other sponsors negotiations suffer a very little bit from that.

- When you promote you get an additionall sponsor. Very good. But it would seem logical that every sponsor negotiating with you would also be more inclined to have a contract with you. So all your negotations should rise.

- To compensate the above the period for promotion sponsors should be shortened. Cut in half or so. And make it so that the promotion sponsor is more constant.

- You should be able to cancel the promotion sponsor if it doesn't suit your plans (or you think it's too little money to risk being outbid on other sponsors).

- To prevent people from demote to a class lower and take their negotiations with them and easily raise it to 100% (because it's easier to get good results in lower ranks). All negotiations should also suffer a penalty from demoting. For example, all negotiations lower then 25% gets cancelled and the rest gets a penalty.

- If having bad results due to a random (real random, not because of way to much risks; like flat tyre,...) sponsor will not immedatly give you a warning that they are unhappy.

For me these adjustment make planning on sponsor easier and more important to plan. A random will not foil you plans and make a sponsor cancell (for example if you dropped 2 race before because of high costs or demotivation,...). The promotion sponsor shorter times makes it easier to fit in your plans. And you can use promotion to boost your negotiations, but should be aware that demoting will cost you (yes I'm looking at those that finish in top 3 in higher ranks with below 0 funds on purpose and have a lot of sponsors).

Discuss...
Michael Keeney
(Gruppe Elite)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (0)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #2 Skrevet Nov 23 2018, 12:53:57 (senest redigeret Nov 23 2018, 12:54:09 af Michael Keeney) Citat 
Sponsors just need their weighting on results lifted. It needs rebalancing to take into affect driver charisma, commerce more etc or progress based purely on negotiations.

We've had millions of suggestions for sponsors.

With the correct research you can make hundreds of millions if you negotiate correctly and beat competitors.

The only place sponsors is really an issue is Elite and a little bit Master. They countered this with the promotion sponsor which can be worth upto 70-80m alone.
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Gruppe Amateur - 6)

Land:
Mexico 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (2)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #3 Skrevet Nov 23 2018, 14:21:37 Citat 
Quote ( Bert Huylebroeck @ November 23rd 2018,12:49:37 )

And make it so that the promotion sponsor is more constant.

Sorry don't understand what you mean by more constant.

- You should be able to cancel the promotion sponsor if it doesn't suit your plans (or you think it's too little money to risk being outbid on other sponsors).

You need to learn more about promotuon sponsors. Promotion sponsors will not interfere with your current negotiations if you wish so.

- When a sponsors hits 100%, it stays there for 10 races without questions asked. After that, every race he will drop down some. About 3% or so. Why? Just to make it less easier to accumulate sponsors on 100%. This way you force people to use higher then very low or low priority on negotiations to remain on 100%. So all other sponsors negotiations suffer a very little bit from that.

In a way this has been implmented with the negotiations limits which should by now be fully deployed.

Of course as mentioned by Keeney this is still an issue in Elite and somewhat in Master
Jasper Coosemans1
(Gruppe Pro - 18)

Land:
Belgien 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (2)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (2)
Gammelt indlæg #4 Skrevet Nov 23 2018, 15:08:55 Citat 
There is one thing I don't like about promo sponsor, which is that they can stay with you forever, no matter how bad you perform. This has created a great incentive for managers to promote to Elite no matter the cost, because they can turn up there empty-handed, pick cheap tyres, relegate back and keep the promo sponsor in the bag, worth dozens of millions.

Since those managers don't have to worry about the state of their account when they arrive to Elite, they hold a distinct advantage over any of their rivals who do want to go there to be competitive. Especially if said rivals are also trying to train their driver in the process.

I don't blame the people who are doing this, I think it's a very smart way of playing this game. But I don't like the system.

Perhaps there should be a rule that you have to put your promo sponsor on the car within one season, or else it leaves you. Or the number of races in the contract should go down, even if the sponsor is not on your car. So if the sponsor offer is for 25 races, and you don't use it for a whole season, you will only have 8 races left.

This would mean that the promo sponsor is not only an incentive to go for promotion, but also an incentive to spend the money once you arrive in the higher league.
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Gruppe Amateur - 6)

Land:
Mexico 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #5 Skrevet Nov 23 2018, 15:31:00 Citat 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ November 23rd 2018,15:08:55 )

Perhaps there should be a rule that you have to put your promo sponsor on the car within one season, or else it leaves you. Or the number of races in the contract should go down, even if the sponsor is not on your car. So if the sponsor offer is for 25 races, and you don't use it for a whole season, you will only have 8 races left.

This would not be fair.

A couple of seasons ago, I promoted with 4 empty spots on my car and 2 ongoing negotiations.

The promotion sponsor aimed for the same spot where I had a negotiation at 97% with an average of 94%. My negotiated sponsor was bringing more money for a longer time, I have heard of promotion sponsors asking for an already occupied spot.

I do agree that a pomotion sponsor if you relegate could leave if you or reduce time or money.

Mark Pinnick
(Gruppe Amateur - 82)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (1)
Gammelt indlæg #6 Skrevet Nov 23 2018, 15:38:19 Citat 
I think it would be fair to reduce promo sponsors duration by 1 race for every 2 races they were not on the car provided their destination on the car was empty. So in Eduardo's situation, there would likely be no negative effect, provided he put the sponsor on the car as soon as his sponsor at 97% bailed for poor results (or the contract ran out).
Yug Desai3
(Gruppe Elite)

Land:
Indien 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #7 Skrevet Nov 23 2018, 15:53:51 Citat 
I think to introduce such suggestions is to significantly alter the mechanics which can be confusing for newer players to get used to. So we may need a few pointers on the sponsor page itself to help them out.

What I like about the recent changes is that with the limit introduction Pro has become a place where one can rebuild. This in my opinion is the best part.

Promotion sponsor is kinda skill based but still maybe a little over-powered (or in certain cases so underpowered that it pretty much wastes a slot). Maybe needs tweaking.

I have tried my best to exploit the 100% mechanism but I agree that it is a weird mechanism. IMO it ought to be such that the sponsor is automatically accepted once the current sponsor runs out. I do believe that it adds a very interesting and fun layer to management of sponsors and there is a little bit of handicap by having too many sponsors on 100%. But does it justify having it in the first place?

About sponsors in Master and Elite, I think it is always intimidating to manouvre the sponsor situation in a new tier. If you have enough resources from promotion to stay rooted in the new tier for some seasons you should be able to understand/adapt to the changing demands. At least that was my experience in Master and I hope that is how it works in Elite. There is still a luck factor at play. And obviously you're up against better managers so it is more challenging. Promotion sponsor definitely helps bridge the gap.

As far as suggestions are concerned, I don't disagree with any in principle as long as they're not abrupt or discourage different management styles.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Gruppe Pro - 18)

Land:
Belgien 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (0)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (1)
Gammelt indlæg #8 Skrevet Nov 23 2018, 15:57:57 Citat 
There are ways to make your promo sponsor fit in with the rest of your sponsors. If it doesn't, it's most likely because you missed an opportunity to manage it better.

Even so, I do like Mark's idea. Let the time count down, but only if you keep the spot empty on purpose. This way you only punish the hoarders.
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Gruppe Elite)

Land:
Polen 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #9 Skrevet Nov 23 2018, 16:01:14 Citat 
Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ November 23rd 2018,15:31:00 )

The promotion sponsor aimed for the same spot where I had a negotiation at 97% with an average of 94%. My negotiated sponsor was bringing more money for a longer time, I have heard of promotion sponsors asking for an already occupied spot.

This is about fobying which spot promo sponsor takes and planning properly other negotiations.
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Gruppe Elite)

Land:
Polen 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #10 Skrevet Nov 23 2018, 16:09:36 (senest redigeret Nov 23 2018, 16:10:05 af Tomek Kiełpiński) Citat 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ November 23rd 2018,15:57:57 )

This way you only punish the hoarders.

They've been already "punished" with # of negotiations limit.

Edit: sorry for doubleposting
Jasper Coosemans1
(Gruppe Pro - 18)

Land:
Belgien 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #11 Skrevet Nov 23 2018, 16:16:51 Citat 
That limit is not a punishment when you're in Master or Elite. It mainly hurts those in Amateur who are trying to rack up a big package before moving up the ranks - which is a good thing imo.
Yug Desai3
(Gruppe Elite)

Land:
Indien 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (2)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #12 Skrevet Nov 23 2018, 16:24:47 Citat 
I don't know if you've considered this but it is bloody expensive to start new negotiations. And you have to be precise because if that nego doesn't work... you'll have to spend once again, Not to forget the upkeep. I am not trying to refute your position because I have mixed opinions about that but it's something worth considering in your analysis.
Kieran Taylor
(Gruppe Amateur - 92)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (0)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (1)
Gammelt indlæg #13 Skrevet Nov 23 2018, 16:30:39 Citat 
Quote ( Yug Desai @ November 23rd 2018,16:24:47 )

I don't know if you've considered this but it is bloody expensive to start new negotiations. And you have to be precise because if that nego doesn't work... you'll have to spend once again, Not to forget the upkeep. I am not trying to refute your position because I have mixed opinions about that but it's something worth considering in your analysis.

relatively new to this game but a "cost" of sponsor, to what cost are you referring as I don't see one? does this change as you head up the Divisions?
Jasper Coosemans1
(Gruppe Pro - 18)

Land:
Belgien 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #14 Skrevet Nov 23 2018, 17:28:08 Citat 
He is referring to the cost of upgrading your Commercial facility to get more negotiation slots. It is true that if you keep a number of negotiations just sitting there at 100%, you are forced to go to quite a high Commercial level if you want to open up a new slot. And indeed, at such facility levels, the level drops at a very high rate. So keeping it up is costly.

There is another option to free up a slot, which is to just accept a finished negotiation. Which in many cases would mean you get taxed on the money you get from it (otherwise there would be no reason to keep a promo sponsor off the car in the first place). As long as paying this tax is still more expensive than upgrading the Commercial facility to get an extra slot, the negotiation limit is not a complete 'punishment' for hoarding sponsors.

It does make hoarding a less attractive though, that is definitely true.
Edwin Silva
(Gruppe Master - 3)

Land:
Colombia 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (2)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (2)
Gammelt indlæg #15 Skrevet Nov 23 2018, 23:50:21 Citat 
You only need to check the sponsorship situation at R1 in any league from Pro to Elite to realize the bulk of sponsorship is in general brought from low leagues ones. That at a timing when most of the promotion sponsors hasn't even put online yet. Further boosting that gap with suggestions such as additional bonuses for ongoing negotiations after a promotion would be backwards. If anything, promotion sponsors should be tweaked/eliminated instead.

When a promoter fails in a new league it infrequently is due to lack of resources. Again, check the sponsorship and cash differential between newcomers and retainers at R1 any season. Failure is caused by other reasons, usually inadequate money management (which is partially encouraged by Ammy being so forgiving in that regards): too high car expenditures, too high S&F, early replacements, et cetera.
Side [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Sponsor adjustement ideas Tilføj dette emne til din ignorér-liste Tilføj dette emne til din favoritliste

Besvar til dette emne