Side « 1 2 [34 5 » Gå til side:
Forfatter Emne: [F1] 2019 season 120 svar
Joseph Bada
(Gruppe Rookie - 163)

Land:
Nigeria 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (0)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #61 Skrevet Mar 4 2019, 11:51:52 Citat 
This season is gonna be so exciting
John De Courcy
(Gruppe Amateur - 38)

Land:
Irland 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #62 Skrevet Mar 4 2019, 12:17:21 Citat 
Branding and marketing now play a significant part in F1. The F1 machine itself over the past 20 years has capitalised on world coverage and new markets.

Sales / Marketing has become a science in promoting to existing audiences and acquiring new followers, I know from experience each market place is different from a consumer view. For example In the British isles, 6 different market places and very different consumers. In Ireland for example we are extremely brand conscious, and a badge is very important in terms of social status i.e if you are on the up socially you will drive a BMW / Merc / Range Rover, definitely not an eastern brand. When it comes to beer it's the same, we call for our brand not a generic "Pint of Lager"

So I can see a loyalty in some markets to be Brand or product specific in this case the Brand being the Team and the product the Driver.

Over the past few decades not going to say how many (Hint : Stewart/Hill/Rindt were Champions and teams like Lotus/ Tyrrell/Brabham were heroes of the day) of following F1 the one thing we all have in common is the love of motor sport, motorised chariots driven by gladiators at your local Circus Maximus.

Let's hope 2019 is a cracker and enjoy it while we still have Fuel based engines......Petrol Heads Rule!

Norbert Márfi
(Gruppe Amateur - 17)

Emnets moderator
  Land:
Ungarn 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (2)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #63 Skrevet Mar 17 2019, 09:36:24 Citat 
Did you enjoy the first race of the season?
Niek Nijboer
(Gruppe Rookie - 80)

Land:
Nederlandene 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #64 Skrevet Mar 17 2019, 10:47:46 Citat 
Yeah I did. Melbourne is known for the few overtakes.. but I have seen some nice battles. Good to see ferrari struggling and to see Red Bull keeping up the race pace!

Gasly needs to work harder to keep his seat, what a poor performance from his side. Couldn't pass a car on his own strength!
Peter Willmore
(Gruppe Amateur - 26)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #65 Skrevet Mar 17 2019, 11:12:01 Citat 
Quote ( Niek Nijboer @ March 17th 2019,10:47:46 )

Gasly needs to work harder to keep his seat, what a poor performance from his side. Couldn't pass a car on his own strength!

I think it's a little harsh to say that after 1 race, which Red bull screwed the qualy strategy by only sending them out once which was high risk.

Also I think this season it's going to be harder for teams to come through the field from the back due to the midfield closing up

Stroll did pretty well, I wonder if he might answer a few critics this season

Hoping that Red bull can keep up the early pace and take the fight to Mercedes to make it interesting, as Vettel will likely choke again even if Ferrari do have the pace
Lebron Savignon
(Gruppe Amateur - 57)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #66 Skrevet Mar 17 2019, 11:17:19 (senest redigeret Mar 17 2019, 11:17:41 af Lebron Savignon) Citat 
I think Gasly will be fine.

We saw last year both Verstappen and Bottas unable to pass slower cars, and while Gasly still should have really got past Kvyat, it's not the end of the world. Melbourne is a hard-to-overtake track.
Riley Dunlop
(Gruppe Amateur - 23)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #67 Skrevet Mar 17 2019, 11:30:43 Citat 
Quote ( Peter Willmore @ March 17th 2019,11:12:01 )

Also I think this season it's going to be harder for teams to come through the field from the back due to the midfield closing up

I agree - I was thinking that as I was watching things unfold this morning
Niek Nijboer
(Gruppe Rookie - 80)

Land:
Nederlandene 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #68 Skrevet Mar 17 2019, 13:47:30 Citat 
I am not so sure if it will be more difficult this year, because the midfield is this year closing up as there is still a huge gap between the top 3 and the rest. Gasly didn't show any aggression in overtaking. Hopefully he will show better this season, but this was clearly a disappointing performance.

Jasper Coosemans1
(Gruppe Pro - 18)

Land:
Belgien 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #69 Skrevet Mar 17 2019, 14:35:12 Citat 
He was stuck behind a Toro Rosso who had the highest top speed in the speed traps this weekend. On a track that is known to be basically impossible to overtake on. So cheap to shoot at Gasly now...
James Hitchen
(Gruppe Pro - 24)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #70 Skrevet Mar 17 2019, 14:42:32 Citat 
I think we might of got the pre-2016 Kvyat back based on today, he was determined and seemed to have very good pace.

I was also impressed by Giovanazzi’s defending, nice to see him not just letting cars a pit stop ahead past and actually fighting. Stroll did well too and I got some satisfaction out of him beating Perez. I am concerned for Riciardo though, Melbourne is a weak track for Hulk and he held his own very well, be interesting to see how things go at Bahrain between them.
Peter Willmore
(Gruppe Amateur - 26)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (1)
Gammelt indlæg #71 Skrevet Mar 17 2019, 14:45:11 (senest redigeret Mar 17 2019, 14:48:13 af Peter Willmore) Citat 
Quote ( Niek Nijboer @ March 17th 2019,13:47:30 )

I am not so sure if it will be more difficult this year, because the midfield is this year closing up as there is still a huge gap between the top 3 and the rest. Gasly didn't show any aggression in overtaking. Hopefully he will show better this season, but this was clearly a disappointing performance.

I totally disagree

just look at this year vs last year's qualy times

2019 3rd to 15th on the grid 1.5secs difference
2018 3rd to 15th on the grid 2.5secs difference with actually 3rd to 7th being 1.5 sec

so basically overtaking anyone bar the williams is like overtaking for 7th/8th last season, which was always more difficult, coudl he have done better maybe, but had Red Bull not taken an unneccesary risk in Q1 I think he would of been in Q3 and the top 6 in the race .

Quote ( James Hitchen @ March 17th 2019,14:42:32 )

. I am concerned for Riciardo though, Melbourne is a weak track for Hulk and he held his own very well, be interesting to see how things go at Bahrain between them.

Don't forget this is Hulk's third season in the car vs Ricciardo's 1st race in the car , I think over the season Ricciardo will outpreform him , also I think Hulkenberg has an added incentive this season going up against Ricciardo which can only be a good thing for Renault
James Hitchen
(Gruppe Pro - 24)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #72 Skrevet Mar 17 2019, 15:10:08 (senest redigeret Mar 17 2019, 15:10:23 af James Hitchen) Citat 
Quote ( Peter Willmore @ March 17th 2019,14:45:11 )

Don't forget this is Hulk's third season in the car vs Ricciardo's 1st race in the car , I think over the season Ricciardo will outpreform him , also I think Hulkenberg has an added incentive this season going up against Ricciardo which can only be a good thing for Renault

I don’t agree with Hulks time in Renault cars being a huge advantage, the car is fundamentally different compared to last seasons due to the aero changes and I believe Renault were a team who for this year changed their development direction quietly. Danny Ric is familiar with the Renault power unit which drivers have said is one of the key differences between cars and Danny had testing and the rest of the weekend of track time. Yes it will be close between them but Hulk won’t lose that advantage.

Think of it this way. Your daily car is a 2012 VW Polo 1.2 litre, another person has a 2012 Skoda Fabia 1.2 litre. You both buy a new 2018 VW Polo 1.2 litre. You will both feel just as comfortable as the changes between Polo models will be significant and the Fabia is fairly similar to the Polo. Same PU in both previous cars but everything’s a little bit different for both of you. ;)
Marcelo Ascencio
(Gruppe Pro - 9)

Land:
Argentina 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (2)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #73 Skrevet Mar 17 2019, 22:53:20 Citat 
Funny meme:

https://www.facebook.com/F1Trolling/photos/a.172813531399144...
Paweł Szewczyk
(Gruppe Rookie - 174)

Land:
Polen 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #74 Skrevet Mar 19 2019, 07:58:09 Citat 
Lol I thought about the same, when he lost his wing. Unfortune Robert did the same. How can a Polish fan be happy for such comeback, but still this is the first race despite his problems, he's ended this one :).
Tj Bapiro
(Gruppe Rookie - 101)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #75 Skrevet Jul 14 2019, 09:02:25 Citat 
mclearn are now better than renault#norris legend
Andre Verhoek
(Gruppe Amateur - 45)

Land:
Nederlandene 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #76 Skrevet Aug 12 2019, 13:11:05 Citat 
RedBull swaps Gasly and Albon: https://redbullracing.redbull.com/article/alex-joins-team
Didn't see that coming, seems a bit soon for Albon.
Jed Howorth
(Gruppe Amateur - 16)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (0)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (1)
Gammelt indlæg #77 Skrevet Aug 12 2019, 13:17:49 Citat 
They should've gone with Kvyat, but I'm excited to see Alex given the chance. I guess they'll make up their minds at the end of the season depending on how well Albon performs at RB, as well as how well Kvyat performs compared to Gasly at STR.
Alex Nikodem-Wing
(Gruppe Pro - 6)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #78 Skrevet Aug 12 2019, 17:19:58 Citat 
So Reb bull promote a driver too soon who gets wreaked by verstappen and the promotes someone with even less experience to replace him, albons quick but I don't see any more in him than I did in gasly. Maybe time will tell, but I would have promoted kvyat for the rest of the season and then gone from there.
Darrel Janga
(Gruppe Rookie - 147)

Land:
Nederlandene 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #79 Skrevet Aug 12 2019, 17:56:10 Citat 
Quote ( Alex Nikodem-Wing @ August 12th 2019,17:19:58 )

So Reb bull promote a driver too soon who gets wreaked by verstappen and the promotes someone with even less experience to replace him, albons quick but I don't see any more in him than I did in gasly. Maybe time will tell, but I would have promoted kvyat for the rest of the season and then gone from there.

Kvyat didn't want to.
Andre Verhoek
(Gruppe Amateur - 45)

Land:
Nederlandene 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #80 Skrevet Aug 12 2019, 18:10:05 Citat 
Quote ( Darrel Janga @ August 12th 2019,17:56:10 )

Kvyat didn't want to.

Source?
Darrel Janga
(Gruppe Rookie - 147)

Land:
Nederlandene 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #81 Skrevet Aug 12 2019, 18:29:54 Citat 
Quote ( Andre Verhoek @ August 12th 2019,18:10:05 )

Kvyat didn't want to.

Source?

''That brings us to the unusual case of Germany. While Kvyat’s result was extraordinary, Albon’s performance was arguably even more impressive, especially for a driver in his first wet F1 race. Albon ran fourth before the Safety Car period where Lance Stroll and Kvyat made their race-deciding early switched to slick tyres. Kvyat had been ninth at the time, and had a lot less to lose than his team mate by gambling. That was the decision that made his race.

Daniil Kvyat, Alexander Albon, Toro Rosso, Hockenheimring, 2019
Albon impressed but Kvyat delivered in Germany
Certainly Kvyat deserved the credit and the result. But what Red Bull are looking for is the driver who is the better prospect, not necessarily the one with the larger points total.
Inevitably Kvyat’s result prompted questions as to whether a Red Bull return was on the cards. He didn’t leap at the chance to press his case (“I think this kind of thing is decided by the management of Red Bull”) but said the podium was a vindication of the progress he’s made following a year on the sidelines.

“I think it was important to realise the points that you can improve as a driver and as a person before my comeback to Formula 1,” he said. “Obviously it wasn’t easy to lose the seat in the Formula 1 and at some point it was thought that there was no way back in for me. But since I got the call back in, it was important to come back very prepared and better mentally prepared as well.

“Now all this work is paying off and I’m very happy with how things are working out. I’m happy with the people around me, the team around me, how we work on things. It’s important that now I feel a much better driver than I was in the past. It’s also very important also to back this up with strong results. This year in general has been strong and I think we can continue in this way. I’m really enjoying this, so hopefully we can keep going.”

It’s hard to imagine that, had Kvyat conclusively beaten Albon in a manner which reflected the gulf in experience between the two, Red Bull would have brought him back. In that respect, this has to be considered a missed opportunity.

Equally, while Albon’s performance has been the more impressive given his experience, and individual races such as Hockenheim have been very strong, he hasn’t always looked like a driver deserving of a promotion to a top team. It gives the impression Red Bull concluded Gasly was so far off Verstappen’s they simply had to try an alternative. The question now is whether Albon can thrive in the environment Gasly didn’t. ''

Daniel Mendes
(Gruppe Rookie - 162)

Land:
Brasilien 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #82 Skrevet Aug 12 2019, 21:47:46 Citat 

Kvyat didn't want to.

Kvyat is probably tired of the back and forth. This guy has come up and down within the RB organization so much that, right now, after his podium in Hockenheim he just wants to enjoy the moment and prevent a "battle" with Verstappen at RB. Staying with TR is probably the best call for him right now. He was racing neck and neck with Albon, and with Gasly coming down a bit beaten up, it's time for Kvyat to show his skills for the rest of the season.
José Marques
(Gruppe Amateur - 76)

Land:
Portugal 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #83 Skrevet Aug 12 2019, 23:42:21 Citat 

Quote ( Daniel Mendes @ August 12th 2019,21:47:46 )

Kvyat didn't want to.

Kvyat is probably tired of the back and forth. This guy has come up and down within the RB organization so much that, right now, after his podium in Hockenheim he just wants to enjoy the moment and prevent a "battle" with Verstappen at RB. Staying with TR is probably the best call for him right now. He was racing neck and neck with Albon, and with Gasly coming down a bit beaten up, it's time for Kvyat to show his skills for the rest of the season.

True, but honestly, if I were him I'd start looking for another team
Daniel Douglas
(Gruppe Pro - 21)

Land:
USA 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #84 Skrevet Aug 13 2019, 00:06:05 (senest redigeret Aug 13 2019, 00:07:40 af Daniel Douglas) Citat 
No other team for him.... he wouldn't be in F1 at all if red bull didnt refuse to bring on drivers from other programs.

Too many young talents out there right now. Red bulls junior program has just gone to crap.

Edit: to be clear I'm not commenting on his driving ability... there are starting drivers worss than him.... and reserve drivers that are better.... such is f1. Merely speaking to the state of driver stable of other teams.
James Hitchen
(Gruppe Master - 4)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #85 Skrevet Aug 13 2019, 00:32:32 (senest redigeret Aug 13 2019, 00:35:25 af James Hitchen) Citat 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ August 13th 2019,00:06:05 )

No other team for him.... he wouldn't be in F1 at all if red bull didnt refuse to bring on drivers from other programs

williams were seriously considering him for what ended up being Sirotkins seat, considering of the 3 with a realistic chance of the seat he was the only one not bringing some form of noticeable backing it’s not surprising he didn’t get it, with HAAS having some driver issues, Bobby K not performing, Renault getting twitchy and Ferrari having a gap in their driver programme if they let Gio go, he definitely could still find another F1 seat.

However there is is no denying he would never of got to F1 without Red Bulls backing. But now that he’s been here and done it but is still relatively young he is a fairly attractive choice for independent teams like HAAS where having an inexperienced line up would really hurt them. I think the fact he has so much experience in modern F1 and has been involved with two of the top three teams makes him more of an attractive choice for teams than his on track performance would suggest.
Franciscus Van Essche
(Gruppe Amateur - 90)

Land:
Angola 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #86 Skrevet Aug 13 2019, 01:34:55 Citat 
Not the first time RB is doing this, the switch with Max for Kvyat basically ended the relationship with Sainz. But Max is an extraordinary driver and therefore it was all justified.

In this case it is surely not the same, although Gasly is far from Max, can Albon do better?
If not, this all will result in;
Kvyat unhappy, why was he not promoted,
Gasly very unhappy, why was he demoted in the middle of his first RB season,
Albon nervous, if he does not do any better than Gasly,

and Max, well he will drive away from anyone they throw at him,
and he is only getting better!

Luke Frost
(Gruppe Rookie - 11)

Land:
Australien 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #87 Skrevet Aug 13 2019, 03:48:35 Citat 
They shouldve treated Daniel Ricciardo better.
George Slater4
(Gruppe Master - 1)

Land:
Canada 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #88 Skrevet Aug 13 2019, 06:49:04 (senest redigeret Aug 13 2019, 06:49:37 af George Slater) Citat 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ August 13th 2019,03:48:35 )

They shouldve treated Daniel Ricciardo better.

i think with the recent lawsuit involving Ricciardo it's clear why he left Red Bull. It had less to do with how Red Bull were treating him than being able to get a £20 million a year salary at Renault.
Eduardo Fernandes
(Gruppe Amateur - 51)

Land:
Portugal 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #89 Skrevet Aug 13 2019, 08:35:56 Citat 
The problem with Gastly was that the car was set-up for Verstappen (obviously) and Gastly's driving style was waaaaay off on that car (compared with the Toro Rosso). It's incredibly difficult to change yourself drasticly
Sam Wainwright
(Gruppe Master - 1)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #90 Skrevet Aug 13 2019, 08:59:55 Citat 
You make a good point Eduardo. Maybe RBR have seen that, and maybe they believe the car suits Albon's driving style a lot better. We'll see.
Side « 1 2 [34 5 » Gå til side:

Besvar til dette emne