Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Bug forum > Malicious Advert.. Tilføj dette emne til din ignorér-liste Tilføj dette emne til din favoritliste
Side [1
Forfatter Emne: Malicious Advert.. 10 svar
Gavin Mackenzie
(Gruppe Amateur - 81)

Land:
Skotland 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (0)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #1 Skrevet Dec 1 2018, 00:32:35 (senest redigeret Dec 1 2018, 00:40:14 af Florencia Caro) Citat 
I was in team forum trying to type something and the browser changed to one of those survey pages with popup..

*Malicious link Mod Edited out*

be careful if your gpro page gets redirected, close it and start again.
Florencia Caro
(Gruppe Pro - 7)

GPROs personale
  Land:
Argentina 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #2 Skrevet Dec 1 2018, 00:45:04 Citat 
Sounds like some sort of malware, Gavin. I suggest you to check last installed apps, as I doubt Google Adsense is so careless to let such Ad slip.
Stuart Foster
(Gruppe Pro - 3)

Land:
Wales 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #3 Skrevet Dec 1 2018, 00:47:53 Citat 
Download malwarebytes and/or spybot Gavin.....two good free products for quarantining nasties.
Gavin Mackenzie
(Gruppe Amateur - 81)

Land:
Skotland 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #4 Skrevet Dec 1 2018, 00:53:30 (senest redigeret Dec 1 2018, 00:57:52 af Gavin Mackenzie) Citat 
sadly no, I'm an IT guy, not malware.

https://i.imgur.com/2J5ef7u.jpg

just wish to warn anyone, if it happens to you, close it, don't click etc!

also not saying its gpro's fault, clearly something google missed.
Stuart Foster
(Gruppe Pro - 3)

Land:
Wales 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #5 Skrevet Dec 1 2018, 02:06:05 Citat 
http://www.myantispyware.com/2018/02/06/how-to-remove-2018-a...

The ‘ad supported’ software can end up on your personal computer in various ways. Most commonly is when you download and install freeware and forget to uncheck the box for the third-party software installation.

Vladimir Alexandrov
(Administrator)

GPROs personale
  Land:
Bulgarien 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (6)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #6 Skrevet Dec 1 2018, 09:22:32 Citat 
There are no such malicious ads on GPRO, your computer is infected with something. It can happen even to the IT guys :)
Lyee Chong
(Gruppe Amateur - 61)

GPROs personale
  Land:
Malaysia 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #7 Skrevet Dec 1 2018, 11:16:05 Citat 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ December 1st 2018,00:45:04 )

Ad slip

Yes, ads like this can be quite annoying most of the time, and they just bumped the team recruitment forum not long ago.

Wait, are we not talking about the Jags? Opps sorry.

:))
Gavin Mackenzie
(Gruppe Amateur - 81)

Land:
Skotland 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #8 Skrevet Dec 1 2018, 14:45:46 Citat 
https://i.imgur.com/ZDNgjnv.jpg

Dont assume "the IT guy" is wrong and "google is great", again not pointing any fingers at gpro, it can't be helped and google has done a lot to remove bad adverts from its system but better to raise some awareness than let people get duped by things like this.

https://www.cnet.com/news/google-removes-billions-of-bad-ads...

GPRO is the only site I have ABP disabled on and while im not a supporter right now I will continue to allow ads to support the game.
Christian Anello
(Gruppe Rookie - 16)

Land:
Italien 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #9 Skrevet Dec 1 2018, 14:51:05 (senest redigeret Dec 1 2018, 14:51:28 af Christian Anello) Citat 
I suppose it's not GPRO's fault but the ad provider's. Sometimes ads manage to find an exploit or they just blatantly violate the ad publisher policy.

Such things sadly happen frequently and the only way to fix the issue is to report the malicious ad to the advertisement provider.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Gruppe Pro - 21)

Land:
Nederlandene 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #10 Skrevet Dec 1 2018, 14:53:50 (senest redigeret Dec 1 2018, 14:54:40 af Miel Soeterbroek) Citat 
Gavin, similarly to malicious ads slipping through the net at the bigger ad providers (i concur btw, it does happen), malware may slip through even the most seasoned IT guru's hard/software setups.

No one assumed the IT guy is wrong: heck the first to mention those two words was you, funnily enough in a claim that you were right.

From one geeky bastard to another: not the best conversation starter i'd say.
Gavin Mackenzie
(Gruppe Amateur - 81)

Land:
Skotland 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #11 Skrevet Dec 1 2018, 15:04:10 Citat 
you lost me there Miel, everyone just very quick to say you are wrong and you have a virus/malware and its not the ad company.

Vlad is right that it can happen even to the IT guys but I would say that we are more likely to know when it has happened... usually because we were messing around and doing something we shouldn't ;p
Side [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Bug forum > Malicious Advert.. Tilføj dette emne til din ignorér-liste Tilføj dette emne til din favoritliste

Besvar til dette emne