Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > What happens when one goes to Amateur? Tilføj dette emne til din ignorér-liste Tilføj dette emne til din favoritliste
Side [1
Forfatter Emne: What happens when one goes to Amateur? 20 svar
Osvaldo Martins
(Gruppe Rookie - 76)

Land:
USA 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #1 Skrevet Dec 3 2018, 22:10:23 Citat 
Hello,
I'm very close to get access to amateur. All I need is controlling my spendings. I was wondering what happens to my car once the season ends in rookie and starts in amateur. I read somewhere in the rules/faqs that the levels remain the same but all wearing goes to zero, but a friend of mine that has been to amateur already swears the wearing is carried along with the car to amateur exactly how it finished the season in rookie. so I was in doubt if I misunderstood what I read or if he is just wrong. Thanks.
Casey Stoner
(Gruppe Pro - 2)

Land:
Australien 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (4)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #2 Skrevet Dec 3 2018, 22:13:04 Citat 
Quote ( Osvaldo Martins @ December 3rd 2018,22:10:23 )

the levels remain the same but all wearing goes to zero

Correct answer
Jasper Coosemans1
(Gruppe Pro - 18)

Land:
Belgien 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (5)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #3 Skrevet Dec 3 2018, 22:13:05 Citat 
Your friend is wrong, everyone's wear is reset to 0% when the new season starts.
Gabriel Arbona
(Gruppe Pro - 18)

Land:
Argentina 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (3)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #4 Skrevet Dec 3 2018, 22:22:50 Citat 
besides giving you a new sponsor
Tomás Coelho
(Gruppe Amateur - 10)

Land:
Portugal 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #5 Skrevet Dec 3 2018, 22:35:18 Citat 
That is right, Osvaldo! Your friend is dead wrong. Fully agree with Jasper.

All parts wear will return to 0% wear.
Marc Schokker
(Gruppe Rookie - 31)

Land:
Nederlandene 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (0)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (12)
Gammelt indlæg #6 Skrevet Dec 3 2018, 22:36:13 (senest redigeret Dec 3 2018, 22:41:58 af Marc Schokker) Citat 
Without at least $40Mio and a driver <110 OA you won't get there. You do need savings on $ and you need a new driver <110 OA. Those are not going together... The wear of your car is the least to worry about. Oh... the levels stay. The wear is reset to zero!
Gabriel Arbona
(Gruppe Pro - 18)

Land:
Argentina 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (0)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (2)
Gammelt indlæg #7 Skrevet Dec 3 2018, 22:42:54 Citat 
any controller 110 is superior to a controller 85, do not worry about it, with respect to the money you have invested in the car
Jose Filipe
(Gruppe Amateur - 15)

Land:
Portugal 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (4)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (1)
Gammelt indlæg #8 Skrevet Dec 3 2018, 22:43:06 Citat 
Quote ( Marc Schokker @ December 3rd 2018,22:36:13 )

Without at least $40Mio and a driver <110 OA you won't get there. You do need savings on $ and you need a new driver <110 OA. Those are not going together... The wear of your car is the least to worry about.

Why are giving wrong information?
What do you know about that having racing 15 races???

You don't need a new driver, if the one you have is still under contrat after this season ends, even if its OA is more then 110
You can find all the correct answers at Game rules and at FAQ.

Regarding money, of course the more you have the best for you, but there is no minimum money! Just being positive is enough!
Dokic Zoran
(Gruppe Rookie - 128)

Land:
Bosnien-Herzegovina 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (0)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #9 Skrevet Dec 3 2018, 22:44:03 Citat 
if i go from rookie to amateur and driver OA is over 110 will i loose him ?
Jose Filipe
(Gruppe Amateur - 15)

Land:
Portugal 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (2)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #10 Skrevet Dec 3 2018, 22:45:31 (senest redigeret Dec 3 2018, 22:45:50 af José Filipe) Citat 
No, but you can only renew with him when he is at (or below) 110 again
Yug Desai3
(Gruppe Elite)

Land:
Indien 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #11 Skrevet Dec 3 2018, 23:00:06 Citat 
Guys his driver is 39yo and he has crushed his group!! Amazing.. We should have a statistic/achievement for youngest/oldest driver promoted with...

Now I don't agree that you absolutely need to replace your driver when you reach amateur.. But at 40 you should probably give the guy some rest :p
Marc Schokker
(Gruppe Rookie - 31)

Land:
Nederlandene 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #12 Skrevet Dec 3 2018, 23:01:33 Citat 
Quote ( Jose Filipe @ December 3rd 2018,22:43:06 )

Without at least $40Mio and a driver &lt;110 OA you won't get there. You do need savings on $ and you need a new driver &lt;110 OA. Those are not going together... The wear of your car is the least to worry about.
Why are giving wrong information?
What do you know about that having racing 15 races???

You don't need a new driver, if the one you have is still under contrat after this season ends, even if its OA is more then 110
You can find all the correct answers at Game rules and at FAQ.

Regarding money, of course the more you have the best for you, but there is no minimum money! Just being positive is enough!

I did take a look at his driver and he has 2 races to go (S67/R16+R17). So he won't be able to extend the contract with his driver into the new AMA season as the OA is to high. I'm curious to find out how he would get that OA below 110. I asume it's possible but will cost him money.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Gruppe Pro - 18)

Land:
Belgien 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #13 Skrevet Dec 3 2018, 23:09:59 Citat 
Technically it is possible that he already has a contract extension in place and would keep the driver. Then he would have time until that new contract runs out to lower the OA, which would be very easy.

Of course, if he doesn't have a contract extension in place, the driver will leave him after R17.
Marc Schokker
(Gruppe Rookie - 31)

Land:
Nederlandene 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #14 Skrevet Dec 3 2018, 23:31:12 (senest redigeret Dec 3 2018, 23:34:02 af Marc Schokker) Citat 
Quote ( Jose Filipe @ December 3rd 2018,22:45:31 )

No, but you can only renew with him when he is at (or below) 110 again

And you do need to tell them that it only works when the driver contract ends during the new season. If the contract ends after the last race of season, you won't be able to renew the contract if your drivers OA is above 110. And if they want to renew the contract in the new season, they still have to bring back the OA to 110 or less.
Andrew Wilden
(Gruppe Pro - 5)

Land:
Australien 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #15 Skrevet Dec 4 2018, 03:23:56 (senest redigeret Dec 4 2018, 03:49:30 af Andrew Wilden) Citat 

Without at least $40Mio and a driver &lt;110 OA you won't get there. You do need savings on $ and you need a new driver &lt;110 OA. Those are not going together... The wear of your car is the least to worry about. Oh... the levels stay. The wear is reset to zero!

Osvaldo, don't listen to this load of crap from someone who doesn't have a clue.
You have done well Mate.
130 points in 15 races.
Level 5 car.
With 32 retaining Amateur now you should be fine.
You will get bonus cash for
Winning your group
$50k per point
$5 million for doing 17 races
Plus a bonus promo sponsor

So cash won't be an issue as Amateur is the "Cash Cow" of GPRO.

You are far better off to promote out of Rookie with a strong "Package" & less cash, than a weak "Package" and in this example $40 million. You would burn that very quickly trying to become competitive.
You should be OK with L5 car now depending on your driver replacement.

You will definitely need a new driver. That driver at 40yo next season will lose stats at an alarming rate.
So good luck in the driver market and enjoy Amateur.
Cheers
Yug Desai3
(Gruppe Elite)

Land:
Indien 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (3)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (1)
Gammelt indlæg #16 Skrevet Dec 4 2018, 06:43:56 Citat 
Thrashing a newbie while helping another one. Hmm...

Ironically the things Andrew mentions + the income from remaining two races will likely exceed 40 mil which Marc has said Osvaldo is better off with so in a way you agree. I honestly don't see why Marc's post is outrageous. Maybe not "at least" 40 mil, but promoting with liquid cash is always a good idea. Amateur is not a cash cow for newbies who are new to the tier and still experimenting with things.

If the 40 mil won't count for anything if he picks a bad driver then neither will a level 5 car. In general, I'd rather have the financial wiggle room to make mistakes than a monster car and not knowing what to do with it. Maintaining a high level car will quickly burn a hole in the pocket without results to support it.

As far as the driver is concerned, as Marc clarified that he noticed the driver contract is going to run out (Jasper hinted at the other possibility) so again, nothing wrong in what he said if maybe a little exaggerated. He did answer the orginal query correctly btw.
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Gruppe Amateur - 6)

Land:
Mexico 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #17 Skrevet Dec 4 2018, 06:57:05 Citat 
Sorry Jug but I disagree with you....

Without at least $40Mio and a driver <110 OA you won't get there

What I read from the above quoted sentence is two things:

To get to Ama you need to:
Have over 40 million cash
Have a less than 110 OA driver.

Both conditions are wrong:

To get to amateur you need to finish in the top 4 in your group and with a positive balance (you can also promote out of the top 4 if one of them finishes with a negative balance).

Those are the conditions.

You can promote with much less money and with a driver above 110OA.

Is having over 40 million and a driver below 110 OA useful, yes it is. Is it required,no it isn't.

Yug Desai3
(Gruppe Elite)

Land:
Indien 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #18 Skrevet Dec 4 2018, 07:03:09 Citat 
I assumed he meant it not as a condition but in a best practice sort of way with poor choice of words. But if that is not the case then I agree with you. Although, I still disagree with the treatment.
Marc Schokker
(Gruppe Rookie - 31)

Land:
Nederlandene 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #19 Skrevet Dec 4 2018, 07:51:47 Citat 
What I was trying to say is that a bunch of money would help him in AMA. Upgrading the car will be more expensive, even though wear will be less as the car reaches a higher level.
As his current driver has 2 races to go it would be usefull (necessary) to look out for a new driver. For AMA that is under 110 OA. And it would be wise - IMHO - to choose a high talented young driver. Great potential for a long term project ;-)

It could be possible he allready did extend his current drivers contract. That we do not know. And yes, he did a great job there in Rookie! That was one thing I forgot to mention ;-)
Kynan Ruttens
(Gruppe Rookie - 45)

Land:
Belgien 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #20 Skrevet Dec 24 2018, 09:24:33 Citat 
LOPMNH
Constantin Heller
(Gruppe Rookie - 22)

Land:
Tyskland 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #21 Skrevet Dec 24 2018, 11:18:14 Citat 
Quote ( Gabriel Arbona @ December 3rd 2018,22:42:54 )

any controller 110 is superior to a controller 85, do not worry about it, with respect to the money you have invested in the car

Just thought in case a newbie reads through this thread now that it's been bumped, this is also false. A 85 OA driver CAN be better than a 110 OA driver, it's the distribution of individual stats that matters.
Side [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > What happens when one goes to Amateur? Tilføj dette emne til din ignorér-liste Tilføj dette emne til din favoritliste

Besvar til dette emne