Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Help in general for a noob Tilføj dette emne til din ignorér-liste Tilføj dette emne til din favoritliste
Side [1
Forfatter Emne: Help in general for a noob 13 svar
José Rodil
(Gruppe Rookie - 142)

Land:
Portugal 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #1 Skrevet Dec 19 2018, 01:27:02 Citat 
Hello, I'm trying to get the hang of this game. I can't really understand how the race works because I can get decent qualifying times but I can't seem to be better on the finish line. What is there to know about how much fuel intake the car should have and the duration of the tyres (while also considering factors such as track and weather)?
Any help is much appreciated, I just want to play this game right.
Kyle Morris
(Gruppe Amateur - 16)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (5)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #2 Skrevet Dec 19 2018, 01:37:06 Citat 
Hi Jose

Typically the hotter the weather, the harder the compound. Always remember that the tyre you qualify on is the tyre you race on. My advice is to at least practice 2 different compounds, preferably 1 step apart (So XS - S) to see the time difference between the compounds (TCD)

Next tip, especially in rookie, never use over 20 clear track, even then that is a little too much. I am not sure if you run out of energy or not so this is just a tip in case

With fuel unfortunately its trial and error. Once you get fuel data you will notice correlations between the fuel usage depending on the aggressiveness of the consumption per track (always shown in track info) but there is not a fat lot else you can do except collect fuel data for every race. One good tip though, excluding ovals, you typically do not need more than 240 litres for the entire race
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Gruppe Amateur - 6)

Land:
Mexico 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (5)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #3 Skrevet Dec 19 2018, 01:41:39 Citat 
You could also join the mentor program, either in English

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=20521#scroll

or in Portuguese

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=21043#scroll
Jay De Snoo
(Gruppe Pro - 7)

Land:
Nederlandene 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (3)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #4 Skrevet Dec 19 2018, 02:04:56 Citat 
With 2 finishes in your 1st 2 races you're not doing bad.

Try to search the forums as well, there is a ton of info. Mostly in between the lines but sometimes wide open (on on fuel for sure, another on how to do setup in a topic regarding wings or wingslit (can't remember which), and the happy range formula is on there too). With those you will have a nice starting package to work with!
José Rodil
(Gruppe Rookie - 142)

Land:
Portugal 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #5 Skrevet Dec 19 2018, 12:15:32 (senest redigeret Dec 19 2018, 12:15:47 af José Rodil) Citat 
Quote ( Kyle Morris @ December 19th 2018,01:37:06 )

Hi Jose

Typically the hotter the weather, the harder the compound. Always remember that the tyre you qualify on is the tyre you race on. My advice is to at least practice 2 different compounds, preferably 1 step apart (So XS - S) to see the time difference between the compounds (TCD)

Next tip, especially in rookie, never use over 20 clear track, even then that is a little too much. I am not sure if you run out of energy or not so this is just a tip in case

With fuel unfortunately its trial and error. Once you get fuel data you will notice correlations between the fuel usage depending on the aggressiveness of the consumption per track (always shown in track info) but there is not a fat lot else you can do except collect fuel data for every race. One good tip though, excluding ovals, you typically do not need more than 240 litres for the entire race

Hi Kyle, thanks for sharing! I have been using 25 on clear track because I read in the tutorial that 40 was too much for rookie, so I will try 15 in the third race.

Alright, I will try to get less than 240 L for most races and maybe split between 2 stints or 3, probably less pit stops with harder compounds lead to a bigger gain rather than more pits with softer compounds, laps would be faster but the time lost in the pits plus track position probably doesn't help.

So weather does really play a big role! Thank you so much for your insight.
José Rodil
(Gruppe Rookie - 142)

Land:
Portugal 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (0)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #6 Skrevet Dec 19 2018, 12:16:14 Citat 
Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ December 19th 2018,01:41:39 )

You could also join the mentor program, either in English

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=20521#scroll

or in Portuguese

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=21043#scroll

Those are some nice links, can I learn with both?
José Rodil
(Gruppe Rookie - 142)

Land:
Portugal 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #7 Skrevet Dec 19 2018, 12:18:41 Citat 
Quote ( Jay De Snoo @ December 19th 2018,02:04:56 )

With 2 finishes in your 1st 2 races you're not doing bad.

Try to search the forums as well, there is a ton of info. Mostly in between the lines but sometimes wide open (on on fuel for sure, another on how to do setup in a topic regarding wings or wingslit (can't remember which), and the happy range formula is on there too). With those you will have a nice starting package to work with!

Well I don't know but I can do much better given that I just started... hopefully. I have been starting 500 wings and then I change by the hundreds according to the driver's feedback (after all he's driving the car), will definitely check the forums to improve setups. Thank you very much!
Christopher Jones
(Gruppe Rookie - 7)

Land:
USA 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #8 Skrevet Dec 19 2018, 12:32:51 Citat 
Find a good team to join, they should help you out and give you info needed to help you advance!
Constantin Heller
(Gruppe Rookie - 22)

Land:
Tyskland 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #9 Skrevet Dec 19 2018, 12:49:59 Citat 
Quote ( José Rodil @ December 19th 2018,12:16:14 )

The mentor system is there to pair new players who are willing to learn with an experienced player, who then personally helps them understand the game mechanics over the course of 3 races.

You just have to go to either thread (depending on which language you prefer), say you'd like a mentor, and they're gonna find someone for you who'll help you learn more.
José Rodil
(Gruppe Rookie - 142)

Land:
Portugal 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #10 Skrevet Dec 19 2018, 12:58:54 Citat 
Quote ( Christopher Jones @ December 19th 2018,12:32:51 )

Find a good team to join, they should help you out and give you info needed to help you advance!

The question is where do I find a good team? There are so many!
José Rodil
(Gruppe Rookie - 142)

Land:
Portugal 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #11 Skrevet Dec 19 2018, 12:59:27 Citat 
Quote ( Constantin Heller @ December 19th 2018,12:49:59 )

Quote ( José Rodil @ December 19th 2018,12:16:14 )

The mentor system is there to pair new players who are willing to learn with an experienced player, who then personally helps them understand the game mechanics over the course of 3 races.

You just have to go to either thread (depending on which language you prefer), say you'd like a mentor, and they're gonna find someone for you who'll help you learn more.

Thanks!
Christopher Jones
(Gruppe Rookie - 7)

Land:
USA 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (0)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (1)
Gammelt indlæg #12 Skrevet Dec 19 2018, 13:19:53 (senest redigeret Dec 19 2018, 13:30:09 af Christopher Jones) Citat 
Quote ( José Rodil @ December 19th 2018,12:58:54 )

Quote ( Christopher Jones @ December 19th 2018,12:32:51 )

The question is where do I find a good team? There are so many!

/gb/TeamsStandings.asp

teams with 10 members are maxed out so any team less than 10 you can try to join. doesn't mean they will accept you. Just have to keep trying!

also keep an eye in forums, there are a lot of teams recruiting!
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Gruppe Elite)

Land:
Polen 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (3)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #13 Skrevet Dec 19 2018, 13:43:05 (senest redigeret Dec 19 2018, 13:44:26 af Tomek Kiełpiński) Citat 
Quote ( Christopher Jones @ December 19th 2018,13:19:53 )

teams with 10 members are maxed out so any team less than 10 you can try to join. doesn't mean they will accept you. Just have to keep trying!

You should never do that! :-)

If you see a good team with less then 10 members, try to find out if they are recruiting now. Either search the team recruitment forum, either drop a PM to the team leader. Try to find out what kind of person they're looking for (sometimes good analytic/programming skills are needed, sometimes some experience, sometimes it's only the personality that count). And what they can offer (tools, communication between members, good atmosphere, RL meetings, etc.)

If you think you're the right person write a "motivational letter" to sell yourself to the team.

If you'll just click on "apply" button you'll probably find a team sooner or later, but for sure not a good one.
Christopher Jones
(Gruppe Rookie - 7)

Land:
USA 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #14 Skrevet Dec 19 2018, 13:48:14 Citat 
Thanks Tomek for clearing that up, meant to put contact leader in the post but sometimes mind goes faster than my fingers sometimes.
Side [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Help in general for a noob Tilføj dette emne til din ignorér-liste Tilføj dette emne til din favoritliste

Besvar til dette emne