Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Non-Players messing up Rookies Tilføj dette emne til din ignorér-liste Tilføj dette emne til din favoritliste
Side [1
Forfatter Emne: Non-Players messing up Rookies 16 svar
Colin Fenner
(Gruppe Amateur - 61)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (6)
Gammelt indlæg #1 Skrevet Jan 2 2019, 12:40:02 Citat 
It seems more than half the player in Rookies don't enter any races.

What if after 16 races without entering a race you are bump off, then Rookies groups could be reduced by @ least a 1/3.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Gruppe Pro - 18)

Land:
Belgien 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #2 Skrevet Jan 2 2019, 12:45:14 Citat 
What is the problem that you are trying to solve?
Colin Fenner
(Gruppe Amateur - 61)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (5)
Gammelt indlæg #3 Skrevet Jan 2 2019, 12:56:49 Citat 
Admin say theres too many groups, and in Rookies there is. You play in your first group against 17 players, go up to ama and play against 39 players and up straight back down.

Andrew Wilden
(Gruppe Pro - 5)

Land:
Australien 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (4)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #4 Skrevet Jan 2 2019, 13:11:26 (senest redigeret Jan 2 2019, 13:12:33 af Andrew Wilden) Citat 
Quote ( Colin Fenner @ January 2nd 2019,12:56:49 )

Admin say theres too many groups, and in Rookies there is. You play in your first group against 17 players, go up to ama and play against 39 players and up straight back down.

This always was & always will be like this.
People join the game, find out it is not a 5 minute race with multiple races per day, like Playstation & Xbox so don't race.

It really is a non issue and nothing much can be done about it by Vlad or any other admins.

So I suggest you just worry about your own game management, & concentrate on yourself.
If you are concerned about retaining Amateur these days, when it is so easy with 32 retaining. You are seriously doing something very wrong.
Josh Clark
(Gruppe Pro - 6)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (1)
Gammelt indlæg #5 Skrevet Jan 2 2019, 13:11:37 (senest redigeret Jan 2 2019, 13:12:36 af Josh Clark) Citat 

Considering only 7 relegate, I don't think it's particularly difficult for even a new player to retain in Amateur. So I wouldn't say it's straight back down.

Quote ( Colin Fenner @ January 2nd 2019,12:40:02 )

What if after 16 races without entering a race you are bump off, then Rookies groups could be reduced by @ least a 1/3.

If you reduce the amount of Rookie groups, that reduces the opportunity for porential players. If we say 30% of rookies don't complete any races after registration, then all that will happen if we reduce groups is 30% of rookies won't complete any races after registration. Which is of course less people missing races. But it's also less people racing.

Sure there will be the same number of players wanting to race, but there is no way for the admins to tell whether a new player will race after registration, so they will be allocated a group as per usual. Maybe in the way of a registration that would have potentially raced, and who would then be placed on a waiting list, and potentially disinterest them.

Reducing groups isn't a sustainable solution for increasing the amount of managers taking part in races.
Michael Jones
(Gruppe Amateur - 68)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (0)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (2)
Gammelt indlæg #6 Skrevet Jan 2 2019, 13:33:01 Citat 
Quote ( Andrew Wilden @ January 2nd 2019,13:11:26 )

This always was & always will be like this.
People join the game, find out it is not a 5 minute race with multiple races per day, like Playstation & Xbox so don't race.

It really is a non issue and nothing much can be done about it by Vlad or any other admins.

So I suggest you just worry about your own game management, & concentrate on yourself.
If you are concerned about retaining Amateur these days, when it is so easy with 32 retaining. You are seriously doing something very wrong.

Where does he post about himself?
Peter Willmore
(Gruppe Amateur - 26)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #7 Skrevet Jan 2 2019, 13:38:54 Citat 
Not to mention that actually most groups in ammy you have an average of 2 people arent racing so the relegation slots are only 5 or 6 in reality
Colin Fenner
(Gruppe Amateur - 61)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (0)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (3)
Gammelt indlæg #8 Skrevet Jan 2 2019, 14:06:27 Citat 
But player who have not played for 16 straight race should be bump off. This is just my view.

Lets end this as no one is in agreement.

Just putting forward a view. Will stay clear of the forum in future.

***********************End End End End*****************************************
Jasper Coosemans1
(Gruppe Pro - 18)

Land:
Belgien 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (8)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #9 Skrevet Jan 2 2019, 14:14:43 Citat 
They are bumped off, but only when there are new players to replace them. When there's no new registrations, there is no need to get rid of inactive ones.

The thing you need to consider is there needs to be a certain number of managers promoting to Amateur every season, and this must be equal to the numbers of managers relegating from Amateur. If you change the number of groups, you have to also increase the number of promotion slots per group in Rookie. This could create weird effects, such as people promoting with 25 points.

Additionally I think new players would get discouraged quicker if they are racing against 30 others and finishing close to P30. When you're new and you join a group and finish 14th, it's easier to get motivated to go for points in the near future.
Colin Fenner
(Gruppe Amateur - 61)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (0)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (1)
Gammelt indlæg #10 Skrevet Jan 2 2019, 14:16:02 Citat 
At last a great answer. Thanks you Jasper
Gavin Bosence
(Gruppe Rookie - 112)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (4)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (3)
Gammelt indlæg #11 Skrevet Jan 2 2019, 16:27:46 Citat 
I think the simple answer is to have a "new members" group with a promotion only system, you could then reduce the number of Rookie groups (Rookie groups would not have a relegation system) thus having more active players in Rookie.
Non-active players can then be bumped off from the "new member's" group/groups without disrupting Rookie.
Josh Clark
(Gruppe Pro - 6)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #12 Skrevet Jan 2 2019, 17:37:00 Citat 
I think something along the lines of putting new members on a waiting list until there is
a) enough room for them to join a group, and
b) they have completed at least the quick tutorial.

That's another way to stop sign-ups that never return being placed into a group and therefore wasting space.
Florencia Caro
(Gruppe Amateur - 69)

GPROs personale
  Land:
Argentina 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (2)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (1)
Gammelt indlæg #13 Skrevet Jan 2 2019, 17:46:27 Citat 
Quote ( Josh Clark @ January 2nd 2019,17:37:00 )

I think something along the lines of putting new members on a waiting list until there is
a) enough room for them to join a group, and
b) they have completed at least the quick tutorial.

That's another way to stop sign-ups that never return being placed into a group and therefore wasting space.

The waiting list was virtually eliminated by automatic approvals. Bringing that procedure back will also mean that some managers that stay engaged whilst they are provided a working account right after registration will be lost.

All managers are needed, not only the ones that stay long term. Rookies that do not stay for long still contribute to having more race starters and keeping rookie driver market active.

Some fresher managers might not have seen rookie divisions where only 5-10 managers started races. Bigger groups mean more race starters overall, no matter the starters ratio within a particular group. Racing against 15-20 other rookies is better than 8, no doubt.

I see managers not starting races at rookie as a no problem. They do not disturb other's gameplay at all.
Constantin Heller
(Gruppe Rookie - 22)

Land:
Tyskland 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (3)
Gammelt indlæg #14 Skrevet Jan 2 2019, 18:04:25 Citat 
I absolutely agree. Having more than half of every Rookie group inactive is weird and discouraging. At least I personally would be more motivated by seeing myself race against the 30 active drivers in my group than by doing good against 25 managers who never did a single race.

The current system just leads to a huge gap between Rookie and Amateur without giving new players the chance to properly learn how the game works. You're creating a weird world where players who should be in Rookie don't get the reset because it's way too easy to promote to and stay in Amateur, especially with other managers having a negative balance at the end of a season.

I am completely confused why the group numbers haven't yet been reduced to how they used to be a few years ago, with not only more active players in Rookie, but also less Amateur and maybe Pro groups. It'd be a slow process that's have to being with more demotions to Rookie (IMO inactive players should not automatically join groups, as was suggested), but it'd make the learning curve of the game a lot more linear and enjoyable.

Right now, a new player has close to no chance of learning about mechanics of the game, because even if you just get slightly lucky with what driver you hire, it's easy to promote and not be reset after your first season. The only way to really learn anymore is to join a team, even more so than in the past.

I don't know, it just seems really counterproductive that more players are racing in Amateur than in Rookie, which used to have 5 times as many active groups. I get it, people would be pissed if they were demoted from Master/Pro in order to lower the number of the respective group, but going back to the 1/4/16/64/256 system should be the next logical step as the game has less and less players. The other option would be to wait a while longer and just delete Rookie altogether.
Eoin Farrelly
(Gruppe Pro - 18)

Land:
Irland 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (2)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (1)
Gammelt indlæg #15 Skrevet Jan 2 2019, 19:09:08 Citat 
Didn't we just recently scale down the whole pyramid after a long discussion on whether that should be done or not?

I think you are missing a few pieces of the puzzle, it is virtually impossible to ensure Rookie groups have good participation. Rookie as a class should be viewed as almost a tutorial class. It's completely devoted to learning and when you get to Amateur you then have a proper group to compete with.

Imagine how few people would play if they signed up and finished 40th in their first 10 races? :P

Quote ( Constantin Heller @ January 2nd 2019,18:04:25 )

I don't know, it just seems really counterproductive that more players are racing in Amateur than in Rookie, which used to have 5 times as many active groups. I get it, people would be pissed if they were demoted from Master/Pro in order to lower the number of the respective group, but going back to the 1/4/16/64/256 system should be the next logical step as the game has less and less players. The other option would be to wait a while longer and just delete Rookie altogether.

We currently have 186 Rookie groups, are you going to fill the additional 70 groups full of at least 20 players? That's only 1,400 new players you'd need

Quote ( Colin Fenner @ January 2nd 2019,12:40:02 )

Isn't this how things work already? If you don't race for a season you are retired for the following one?

I've said this before and am saying it again, the thumbs up and thumbs down feature sucks, and the multiple thumbs down OP received seemed to scare him off the conversation..
Constantin Heller
(Gruppe Rookie - 22)

Land:
Tyskland 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (2)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (4)
Gammelt indlæg #16 Skrevet Jan 2 2019, 19:23:05 Citat 
Quote ( Eoin Farrelly @ January 2nd 2019,19:09:08 )

are you going to fill the additional 70 groups full of at least 20 players?

Yes, with players from Amateur.
Andrew Wilden
(Gruppe Pro - 5)

Land:
Australien 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (1)
Gammelt indlæg #17 Skrevet Jan 2 2019, 19:41:48 Citat 
Quote ( Constantin Heller @ January 2nd 2019,19:23:05 )

Quote ( Eoin Farrelly @ January 2nd 2019,19:09:08 )

are you going to fill the additional 70 groups full of at least 20 players?

Yes, with players from Amateur.

Probably not.
Forced relegations from Amateur to Rookie would be a mistake in this instance.
Most would " spit the dummy and leave".
As I said earlier you will always have some start up players that don't race. So don't worry about it quite so much.
No need to throw out the entire balance of the game and penalize those in higher levels because of it. This would be counterproductive for sure.
Side [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Non-Players messing up Rookies Tilføj dette emne til din ignorér-liste Tilføj dette emne til din favoritliste

Besvar til dette emne