Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Creating a spreadsheet Tilføj dette emne til din ignorér-liste Tilføj dette emne til din favoritliste
Side [1
Forfatter Emne: Creating a spreadsheet 7 svar
David Goy
(Gruppe Rookie - 58)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #1 Skrevet Jan 6 2019, 00:19:20 (senest redigeret Jan 6 2019, 00:25:25 af David Goy) Citat 
What's the best way to organise all this data I am collecting in a spreadsheet? And how do I view it easier than flicking through countless pages of data to find the one that I'm looking for?

Ideally, a basic outline of a spreadsheet would be appreciated ((data, formulas optional) FOBY can still be applied to leave the part of working out how to formulate the results I need).

I'm just lost looking at all these figures without an easily viewable spreadsheet!

Pointers on areas to look at (tyre wear, fuel etc...) or a guide on how to create a spreadsheet welcome!
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Gruppe Amateur - 6)

Land:
Mexico 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (0)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #2 Skrevet Jan 6 2019, 00:35:45 Citat 
I started using a spreadsheet but later found about GPRO Organiser (GO)

It will help you sort your data and make the basic calculations.

You can find GO in the first post of this thread

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=2376

Some things are not included as energy which an auxiliary spreadsheet will help.

If you still would like to save your data on your own spreadsheet you should do calculations on kms/liter for fuel or kms/tyre, normalize your data so you can use it as basis for"new" tracks or conditions.

David Goy
(Gruppe Rookie - 58)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #3 Skrevet Jan 6 2019, 00:43:28 Citat 
I already have GO... But it only pulls data and what I'm wanting is to be able to see how the game works by the formulas used (which I'm willing to FOBM) I just need guidance on how to layout the spreadsheet and maybe how to make a dashboard for the spreadsheet...

I can then tweak a spreadsheet should I need to..
Simon Allen
(Gruppe Amateur - 90)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #4 Skrevet Jan 6 2019, 01:26:22 Citat 
I would suggest concentrating on one are at a time and gradually over time putting all the information together.

Are there specific areas you're trying to figure out?
David Goy
(Gruppe Rookie - 58)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #5 Skrevet Jan 6 2019, 01:37:28 Citat 
At the moment it's just how to lay out the spreadsheet... I currently have 61 sheets just pertaining to the different tracks (one sheet per track for all lap data, and one sheet with all tracks and data pertaining to track info). My goal is to have a dashboard page that when I click on a drop-down menu on the sheet it lists all the tracks and I choose the track and it will auto-fill the other information on the dashboard page.

The dashboard would eventually have information about suggested setup using formulas that I want to work out, information about car parts and wear, financial information etc. etc...

But at the moment it's all a bit overwhelming on top of learning how to play the game more effectively...

Essentially I want an all in one tool that collects the relevant data and suggests set-up etc... that I can tweak myself. Not a "just use this tool for this, this other tool for that, and then this tool for yet another thing..."
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Gruppe Amateur - 6)

Land:
Mexico 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #6 Skrevet Jan 6 2019, 05:08:31 Citat 
I currently have a single spreadsheet which is not friendly enough but it works for me, in that basic spreadsheet I handle the things that are basically researched and done (athough they still need some tweaking"

They started with many different spreadsheets each one withone topic of research (started with fuel usage, another for parts wear, another for tyre life and another for weather conversions) and once the research was done I began to put them into a single worksheet, yet I keep my tool and data separate to reduce working file size.

I still currently have two other spreadsheets on which I'm looking at the recent changes.

But again that is my syle for research and programming, and this reminds me when a teacher in college called me to his office and showed me a program from another course and asked me how much had I done of that program, I told him I was trying to help a pretty lady in distress because her program would not run and that I just solved some issues. Nevertheless he told me that roughly 60% including the main parts of the program were mine (he noticed my usual style) and that he asked the other student and that she could not really explain how her program worked, even with the complete code and a top level flow chart I made for her.

So sitting down and showing you how my spreadsheet is organized (or some would say disorganized) wouldn't be helpful for you if you have a different approach to programming.

I have seen my share of tools and all of them are different.
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Gruppe Elite)

Land:
Polen 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #7 Skrevet Jan 6 2019, 09:11:22 (senest redigeret Jan 6 2019, 09:13:52 af Tomek Kiełpiński) Citat 
I've go all my data in Access tables. You can do it similarily in XLS.

1) Practice & Q - each lap in different row (race, track, all driver details, car details, setup, tyres, fuel, times, etc
2) Stints - 1 row for each stint (again race, track, driver, car + start/end fuel, end tyres, pit reason, pit time etc.
3) Laps - info per each lap - weather, time, tyres, problems + race, track (keys to connect data from different tables if needed)
4) Race - setup, risks, wear start/end, etc + keys

Those are main ones.

I have also tables for SF, Negotiations, Testing data. Plus some dictionary tables like tracks details or tyres characters, for data that is more or less constant

IMNSHO the point is the database similar structure, which allows connection between different tables and cross analysis of data in different conditions (tracks, weather, etc)

HTH
Darren Brown
(Gruppe Amateur - 72)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #8 Skrevet Jan 6 2019, 09:33:19 Citat 
I am also in the same situation, i have been creating and deleting spreadsheets sine i joined back in S64, i use GO but i want to create my own as it were.

I have aquired various tools so agree with

Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ January 6th 2019,05:08:31 )

I have seen my share of tools and all of them are different.

which in my case makes it more confusing, I have an answer(how accurate i dont know) but dont know the question.

Hence why i myself is trying to create a database that i can understand and work out the questions(formulas) for my self.

I personally look forward to fellow players vague ideas likr that of Tomek above
and Thanks to OP for the OP :)
Side [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Creating a spreadsheet Tilføj dette emne til din ignorér-liste Tilføj dette emne til din favoritliste

Besvar til dette emne