Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Fastest Lap Points Award Tilføj dette emne til din ignorér-liste Tilføj dette emne til din favoritliste
Side [1
Forfatter Emne: Fastest Lap Points Award 25 svar
David Goy
(Gruppe Rookie - 69)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (2)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (6)
Gammelt indlæg #1 Skrevet Mar 9 2019, 21:52:45 Citat 
The move to award a point for the fastest lap at a grand prix was given the nod by the World Motor Sport Council this past Thursday, it is still awaiting the approval from the F1 commission.

Would implementing the same system be of benefit and bring a new dynamic to the game?

Please discuss...
Jan Velske3
(Gruppe Master - 3)

Land:
Tyskland 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (6)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #2 Skrevet Mar 9 2019, 21:55:37 Citat 
We already get a million extra, thats worth a couple of positions, I think that is enough.

It wouldnt change much because everybody who has a chance to get the fastest lap boosts the final lap and thats it.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Gruppe Master - 3)

Land:
Nederlandene 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (19)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #3 Skrevet Mar 9 2019, 21:57:08 (senest redigeret Mar 9 2019, 21:57:42 af Miel Soeterbroek) Citat 
I think it makes the smoke-out-loads-and-retain option too viable here.

I mean, XS tyres, 10 litres, 100CT and boostlaps from the start in every race. If done well, you could get ~10 points in a season, while smoking out each and every race. Zero car part costs and still a "profitable" retain season.

I wouldn't welcome it here ;)
Jan Velske3
(Gruppe Master - 3)

Land:
Tyskland 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #4 Skrevet Mar 9 2019, 22:03:52 Citat 
Smart Miel, I didnt thought about it, but since the PHA thing people cant get enough of OBP it seems :p
Kyle Morris
(Gruppe Amateur - 16)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (3)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #5 Skrevet Mar 9 2019, 22:04:13 Citat 
In a place where we have promotion and relegation, like Miel said you can simply use boost at the start 100ct and still get points when not trying, And relegate someone who is trying. I would be against the implementation here

For F1 it adds something else to it, a different sort of strategical element which I like, cause it's just a bore at the moment
David Goy
(Gruppe Rookie - 69)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (0)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #6 Skrevet Mar 9 2019, 22:10:04 Citat 
To be honest, I had forgotten about the million we already get, so maybe my question should have been about changing the extra million to a point awarded... or maybe giving the player a choice between either the point or the million...

With me only being a rookie in my first full season, I'm not fully aquainted with the value of points over cash at the higher levels of the game, and maybe this would be either a welcome change or shot down...

Thank you for your insights...
Stuart Foster
(Gruppe Rookie - 156)

Land:
Wales 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #7 Skrevet Mar 9 2019, 22:13:38 Citat 
Kyle and Miel hit the nail on the head David. It'd be bad to have a point for fastest lap everywhere except Rookie because of how the game structure is with relegation. Someone could conceivably score a point on high worn parts who failed to manage their parts all or large parts of the season and relegate a player who was replacing parts and trying to reach the top 8. I think it's a non starter i'm afraid. Good luck with the game btw.

On a separate note, Kyle, get your ass in the Fantasy 7's thread if you read this ;)
David Goy
(Gruppe Rookie - 69)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #8 Skrevet Mar 9 2019, 22:29:11 (senest redigeret Mar 9 2019, 22:29:51 af David Goy) Citat 
I've just had a thought... Say that it was implemented, so we now know how to exploit the system, How would you go about defending your season position against such an exploit?

You'd have several players all going for the same exploit and only one person getting it per race, so wouldn't it be more beneficial at that point to actually go for the positional points rather than the hope of getting the FL point?
Cameron Halsall
(Gruppe Amateur - 61)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #9 Skrevet Mar 9 2019, 23:02:09 Citat 
Another seemingly arbitrary and hapless decision by the FIA/Liberty in the vain of trying to get back some of its viewership lost because of sweet sweet cable deals. It's going to make enough difference to get people interested but likely not enough to have any impact since championships are rarely decided by that sort of point margin. while at the same time punishing good strategy and battles in favour of rewarding 1-lap speed, which is completely irrelevant when the whole objective is to complete a certain number of laps first. This is so cheap! What the hell happened to this sport?
Stuart Foster
(Gruppe Rookie - 156)

Land:
Wales 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #10 Skrevet Mar 9 2019, 23:15:44 Citat 
Quote ( David Goy @ March 9th 2019,22:29:11 )

I've just had a thought... Say that it was implemented, so we now know how to exploit the system, How would you go about defending your season position against such an exploit?

You'd have several players all going for the same exploit and only one person getting it per race, so wouldn't it be more beneficial at that point to actually go for the positional points rather than the hope of getting the FL point?

I think its better they scrap over a million quid than upset the balance of the group where slow managers can or might capitalise on a poor concept that can cause weak managers to retain. We already have a multitude of OBP options...I don't see a need to add another one. You'll have Michael Keeney doing somersaults if he reads your suggestion btw. He really loves OBP, and the thought of adding greater depth to it ;)

Imagine....an OBP where you don't even have to replace parts. I can forsee the multiple times already that Keeney rages on the forum over it ;)

Juan Manuel Collova
(Gruppe Pro - 16)

Land:
Argentina 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #11 Skrevet Mar 10 2019, 01:14:52 (senest redigeret Mar 10 2019, 01:17:08 af Juan Manuel Collova) Citat 
I like it. But only if you finish in the top 15 of the group. With that you solve the problem that Miel says
Daniel Mason
(Gruppe Amateur - 83)

Land:
USA 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (4)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (1)
Gammelt indlæg #12 Skrevet Mar 10 2019, 06:30:52 Citat 
Me, I'd take the $1M bonus over an extra point in the standings. GPRO is not F1, and F1 isn't NASCAR (seriously, points for fastest lap, leading the race for one lap, and most laps in the lead was crazy back in the day). I'm thankful GPRO hasn't expanded to the current F1 points system and calendar length, keeping this as just an online racing management game and nothing more.
Roy Mitchell
(Gruppe Amateur - 23)

Land:
Canada 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #13 Skrevet Mar 10 2019, 07:02:58 Citat 
2 thumbs up on that, Daniel.
Patrick Paarhuis
(Gruppe Rookie - 33)

Land:
Nederlandene 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #14 Skrevet Mar 10 2019, 11:06:52 Citat 
Quote ( Daniel Mason @ March 10th 2019,06:30:52 )

Me, I'd take the $1M bonus over an extra point in the standings. GPRO is not F1, and F1 isn't NASCAR (seriously, points for fastest lap, leading the race for one lap, and most laps in the lead was crazy back in the day). I'm thankful GPRO hasn't expanded to the current F1 points system and calendar length, keeping this as just an online racing management game and nothing more.

I agree completly here with Daniel
Jan Velske3
(Gruppe Master - 3)

Land:
Tyskland 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #15 Skrevet Mar 10 2019, 12:46:18 Citat 
Besides that i like how it is, i am not sure if its that easy to get fastest lap with a weak package. The track gets a lot faster towards the end of the race and the front runners run maybe 50-65 ct and boost at the end, i dont think that many people would get it in the beginning, with worse driver and car.
Daniel Mason
(Gruppe Amateur - 83)

Land:
USA 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #16 Skrevet Mar 10 2019, 13:26:44 Citat 
50-65 ct? Jeez, I thought I was hauling ass at 40 ct last race...
Predrag Marmut
(Gruppe Rookie - 93)

Land:
Serbien 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #17 Skrevet Mar 10 2019, 13:31:48 Citat 
For fastest lap is enoguh reward 500000 in rookie.
George Slater4
(Gruppe Master - 1)

Land:
Canada 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (2)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #18 Skrevet Mar 12 2019, 00:08:59 (senest redigeret Mar 12 2019, 00:09:41 af George Slater) Citat 
Quote ( Cameron Halsall @ March 9th 2019,23:02:09 )

What the hell happened to this sport?

Obviously you aren't aware of how the points system was in the 50s

Anyway, I think for GPRO the current million dollars for FL is enough, in terms of points money it's actually the same as scoring 20 points in GPRO. Does that mean we should award 20 points for fastest lap? I think not.

I like the current system as it is. It already creates the interesting strategy option of boost placement, do you place them where you have the highest chances of gaining a position or getting the fastest lap? But on the other hand, it does not create a broken game mechanic in which people give up on their race strategy in an attempt to get FL (Please note that in F1 you can't relegate).
Jack Wemyss
(Gruppe Amateur - 5)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (2)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #19 Skrevet Mar 12 2019, 00:11:43 Citat 
Lets bring back more from the 50s.

Shared drives
3 hour races.
Indy 500
Grands Prix in Morocco
Loose armco
Cars flying into the crowd
Drivers burning to de.....

Oh wait.
Daniel Mason
(Gruppe Amateur - 83)

Land:
USA 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (2)
Gammelt indlæg #20 Skrevet Mar 12 2019, 02:07:10 Citat 
Quote ( Jack Wemyss @ March 12th 2019,00:11:43 )

Lets bring back more from the 50s.

Make segregation great again.
Eduardo Fernandes
(Gruppe Amateur - 51)

Land:
Portugal 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #21 Skrevet Mar 12 2019, 05:47:38 Citat 
I like the fact that at least he brough the point up for us to discuss it, that's why I won't thumb him down. Is it apliable on GPRO? No, by reasons and arguments stated by the fellows above. But I like the fact that the discussion existed, that by itself is nice
Dainius Vaškys
(Gruppe Pro - 7)

Land:
Litauen 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (0)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (1)
Gammelt indlæg #22 Skrevet Mar 12 2019, 19:57:24 Citat 
Just a random thought:

Point given for FL if those conditions are met:

1. You can't score point for FL in first 6 races of the season, only starting from race 7.
2. You need to be in top 8 in your respective group after 6 races.
3. You need to qualify in top 10.
4. Finish 90% of the race or FULL RACE finish in order to get a point.

Maybe it could work ?
Miel Soeterbroek
(Gruppe Master - 3)

Land:
Nederlandene 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (4)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #23 Skrevet Mar 12 2019, 21:06:11 Citat 
Isn't that an awful lot of ifs and buts just to squeeze some silly F1 rule into GPRO? :D
Daniel Mason
(Gruppe Amateur - 83)

Land:
USA 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (1)
Gammelt indlæg #24 Skrevet Mar 12 2019, 21:50:30 Citat 
If "ifs" and buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have cavities on our teeth.
Dainius Vaškys
(Gruppe Pro - 7)

Land:
Litauen 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #25 Skrevet Mar 12 2019, 22:11:08 Citat 
Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ March 12th 2019,21:06:11 )

Isn't that an awful lot of ifs and buts just to squeeze some silly F1 rule into GPRO? :D

It is, but at least it won't be like u suggested, smoking and gaining point's but it could help to the secure 1st place in group by those FL lap's :] for example if you keep scoring 1st and 2nd place finishes, but you end up getting FL, those 2nd place finishes would convert to 9 point's, while 1st place to 11 point's, could help gain or secure the 1st place.

Just a thought thou :] Or better, let's 1st wait and see how this rule will play out in this F1 season and will it have some interesting aspect's to it :] I mean getting a point just for FL can make this season interesting :] (I wen't off topic, did I ? xD)
Mikko Heikkinen
(Gruppe Master - 3)

Land:
Finland 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #26 Skrevet Mar 12 2019, 22:17:26 (senest redigeret Mar 12 2019, 22:19:07 af Mikko Heikkinen) Citat 
Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ March 12th 2019,21:06:11 )

Yes.

And would we be surprised if after only a couple months F1 realized that it was a bad rule and make it even worse rule and start handing out 2 points for fast lap and double points for positions to compensate.

^^ isn't that basically what happened after the points renovation. (double point for season finale)

Then we'd have more suggestion to add more stupid rules :D

Every now and then F1 comes up with some supposed "brilliance" for one reason or another, and quite often those are not relevant or fair or good for other environments (like GPRO), they might not be good even for F1. And when they turn out bad for F1, their "fix" is adding more bad rules on top :)

This is one example of that kind of rules: GPRO does already award $1Mil for fastest lap, that's reward enough. I see no point in starting to hand out points for quick sprints on track, and no point in starting to build a massive collection of restrictions for a pointless (or even bad) award rule
Side [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Fastest Lap Points Award Tilføj dette emne til din ignorér-liste Tilføj dette emne til din favoritliste

Besvar til dette emne