Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Formula One forum > [F1] 2019 Russian Grand Prix Tilføj dette emne til din ignorér-liste Tilføj dette emne til din favoritliste
Side [1
Forfatter Emne: [F1] 2019 Russian Grand Prix 17 svar
Lyee Chong
(Gruppe Amateur - 61)

GPROs personale
  Land:
Malaysia 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (2)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #1 Skrevet Sep 27 2019, 07:34:21 Citat 
Luke Frost
(Gruppe Rookie - 11)

Land:
Australien 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (0)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #2 Skrevet Sep 27 2019, 07:46:17 Citat 
The season is opening up big time ... either Ferrari, either Mercedes can win, plus Verstappen is a dark horse here. Being Australian, i hope Ricciardo comes home with a podium! But i know his best hope is 5th
Jason Gully
(Gruppe Amateur - 16)

Land:
Australien 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #3 Skrevet Sep 27 2019, 08:35:24 Citat 

Quote ( Luke Frost @ September 27th 2019,07:46:17 )

The season is opening up big time ... either Ferrari, either Mercedes can win, plus Verstappen is a dark horse here. Being Australian, i hope Ricciardo comes home with a podium! But i know his best hope is 5th

I know its actually getting me to want to watch the race!! Got a nice homebrew lined up for the Japan race
Olivier Vandebroucke
(Gruppe Rookie - 162)

Land:
Rusland 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (0)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (1)
Gammelt indlæg #4 Skrevet Sep 28 2019, 17:24:53 Citat 
Yeah, Ferrari's first on the grid with Leclerc's performance in the qualifications! But I hope for other results, being a long time McLaren fan...
Kyle Morris
(Gruppe Pro - 7)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #5 Skrevet Sep 29 2019, 14:03:40 Citat 
Just landed on a plate for Mercedes hasn't it
Josh Clark
(Gruppe Amateur - 80)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #6 Skrevet Sep 29 2019, 14:04:13 Citat 
Another Ferrari bottle job
Tim Wagner
(Gruppe Pro - 7)

Land:
Tyskland 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (3)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (1)
Gammelt indlæg #7 Skrevet Sep 29 2019, 14:29:21 Citat 
For the first time in my life I am genuinely rooting for Hamilton. It will likely be the only time.

Ferrari bottled it and created needless team-intern complications once again. Actually I hope Leclerc retires too just for the double whammy.
Jed Howorth
(Gruppe Amateur - 16)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (5)
Gammelt indlæg #8 Skrevet Sep 29 2019, 14:55:06 Citat 
Sure Ferrari blew it for themselves, but they should really forbid pitting under the VSC for fairness.
Paulo Pinto1
(Gruppe Pro - 22)

Land:
Portugal 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (4)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #9 Skrevet Sep 29 2019, 15:04:08 Citat 
Mercedes did the move yesterday with those Medium tyres. Adding to their strategy the SC scenario during the first 30 laps. It's simply amazing their race preparation as a team.

I would voted for Vettel as driver of the day, for those awesome first 20 laps.
Luke Frost
(Gruppe Rookie - 11)

Land:
Australien 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (2)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (1)
Gammelt indlæg #10 Skrevet Sep 30 2019, 03:49:29 (senest redigeret Sep 30 2019, 03:56:40 af Luke Frost) Citat 
Karma for Ferrari. That should be a message to all teams: give both of your drivers an equal chance, stop playing god. I was very happy to see them lose, even if i like Leclerc.

How many races do Ferrari have to cost themselves before they learn how to treat people fair? It doesnt work for them, it doesnt work for Red Bull (horrible drivers as #2 because nobody wants to be treated like that, it will cost them a battle for constructors positions --> big money), and look who wins? The team who lets the natural pace of their drivers decide the winner....
Andrew Wilden
(Gruppe Amateur - 34)

Land:
Australien 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (2)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (2)
Gammelt indlæg #11 Skrevet Sep 30 2019, 04:16:27 (senest redigeret Sep 30 2019, 04:17:30 af Andrew Wilden) Citat 
Quote ( Jed Howorth @ September 29th 2019,14:55:06 )

Sure Ferrari blew it for themselves, but they should really forbid pitting under the VSC for fairness.

Absolute BS.
How long have you been watching F1 ?

A virtual SC or SC is random.
The smarter teams will take advantage of the situation to try to gain an advantage.
Unlike Ferrari who delayed bringing Leclerc in immediately.

With no refueling in modern F1 (which I am totally against), something needs to happen to mix up strategies and to make races exciting.

So your suggestion to remove pitting under a VSC basically would make the sport about as exciting as "Watching grass grow"

Plus FYI, I have been watching F1 since the mid 70's. So I remember the good old days when every race was exciting, not a precession.
Michael Jones
(Gruppe Pro - 25)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (0)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (1)
Gammelt indlæg #12 Skrevet Sep 30 2019, 09:12:37 Citat 
I am glad Seb broke down he deserved it ..

Charles went by the team plan to give Seb a tow and block Lewis and then because Charles was in disturbed air Seb was faster so therefore wouldnt follow the team plan..

Didnt he do this before at one race ?

Lewis drove a good race on the med tyres in his 1st stint and proved how good a driver he really is.
Kyle Morris
(Gruppe Pro - 7)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #13 Skrevet Sep 30 2019, 09:19:12 Citat 
I mean everyone is telling this story about karma, yet didnt they fabricate the pitstop to get Leclerc in front of Vettel? Which was the most sensible option
Niek Nijboer
(Gruppe Amateur - 83)

Land:
Nederlandene 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #14 Skrevet Sep 30 2019, 09:27:06 (senest redigeret Sep 30 2019, 09:27:45 af Niek Nijboer) Citat 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ September 30th 2019,03:49:29 )

Karma for Ferrari. That should be a message to all teams: give both of your drivers an equal chance, stop playing god. I was very happy to see them lose, even if i like Leclerc.

How many races do Ferrari have to cost themselves before they learn how to treat people fair? It doesnt work for them, it doesnt work for Red Bull (horrible drivers as #2 because nobody wants to be treated like that, it will cost them a battle for constructors positions --> big money), and look who wins? The team who lets the natural pace of their drivers decide the winner....

What do you mean with fair treat? The position swap?
For me, Vettel just had an awesome start (Yes Leclerc "helped" him with the tow, but if Hamilton would have started a little bit better this wouldnt have been possible, as he would have blocked it and would have taken the tow for himself. Just a great start of Vettel and he deserved the lead. Shame the kept him out for too long, so he lost his spot to mister "complaining" Leclerc.

But anyway that are team orders.. happened last week with Mercedes as well.

I just don't get your point why nobody wants to be treated like that.. you mentioning red bull. A team that has always allowed two drivers to race each other.
Niek Nijboer
(Gruppe Amateur - 83)

Land:
Nederlandene 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #15 Skrevet Sep 30 2019, 09:30:40 Citat 
Quote ( Michael Jones @ September 30th 2019,09:12:37 )

Charles went by the team plan to give Seb a tow and block Lewis and then because Charles was in disturbed air Seb was faster so therefore wouldnt follow the team plan..

What distrurbed air? He was leading the race from start to the first corner. He was just the only driver without a chance of a slip stream. So pole posiiton in Sochi is not always the best spot to have.

Hamilton did a great job yesterday. Of course the VSC helped him, but his tyre management overall the race was brilliant!
Michael Jones
(Gruppe Pro - 25)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #16 Skrevet Sep 30 2019, 10:25:29 (senest redigeret Sep 30 2019, 10:27:40 af Michael Jones) Citat 
Quote ( Niek Nijboer @ September 30th 2019,09:30:40 )

What distrurbed air?

Nothing to do with the 1st lap .he was in disturbed air after that following Seb therefore Seb said that he was faster and didnt want to follow team plan .

also red bull always favour 1 member .
Ceapa Florin
(Gruppe Amateur - 40)

Land:
Rumænien 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #17 Skrevet Sep 30 2019, 15:27:45 (senest redigeret Sep 30 2019, 15:30:17 af Florin Ceapa) Citat 

I don’t agree with your happiness for Vettel’s trouble at all .. But you do have a point regarding this “ men agreement “ the team made with the drivers ... Leclerc , Vettel and Binotto have clearly stated there was an agreement before the race ( I don’t see why some of you comment as there wasn’t any or some others confuse it with a whole race plan) , to push Vettel in front of Lewis , without any opposition from Leclerc , and for this agreement to be fair to the end , Vettel was supposed to give back his position to Leclerc , and then probably race for another double for Ferrari

It’ s easy now to say that Vettel did it by himself , with a supersonic start or so .. the same way Leclerc was expected to overtake Bottas after the SC affair ... but it didn’t happen so no one can prove himself right before seeing the same start again while Leclerc is free to fight for his position

A more simple guess would be Binotto’s statement , I think it all goes down to people’s character in the end ... for me Binotto told Vettel and Leclerc to work together and benefit from their tyre choice , while Leclerc was supposed to not brake Vettel down with any Defence maneuver , no matter if he loses his first place at the end of the first corner ... Vettel was supposed to give back the position but he didn’t.. he was the faster driver by a good margin so it was probably a matter of short time until Leclerc would have been forced to drop down and protect the team’s double ...

Strategically speaking , Ferrari should ‘ve reacted on Saturday to Mercedes’s Q2 Tyre choice ... no matter the pace Leclerc had during practice and Qually , the long runs had been led by Mercedes , by 3 ten’s of a second ...it was clear Ferrari had a top fight as they Did in Spa and Monza , Singapore is a different bet that Mercedes lost while waiting for the SC .... I think this was the Ferrari’s ONLY team plan , and it failed because they had no reaction or preparation for Mercedes’s tyre management ability on the yellow compound

The rest is just Vettel being a total dick sometimes , not respecting his teammates or team enough to try and clear his qually poor form , with a clean shot to P1 ( he had the pace to do that easily but as always he will be missing some characteristics needed for that GENTLEMAN title )
Olivier Vandebroucke
(Gruppe Rookie - 162)

Land:
Rusland 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #18 Skrevet Sep 30 2019, 20:43:03 Citat 
It's true that Vettel is not the most teamwork-bent person out there... But then, they're all paid quite ludicrously for this job, people racing at this level can probably buy their own F1 car or something crazy like [url=https://tranio.com/france/provence-alpes-cote_d_azur/cannes/]this[/url] Cannes real estate, so it's understandable that they're not letting anything cross their path...
Side [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Formula One forum > [F1] 2019 Russian Grand Prix Tilføj dette emne til din ignorér-liste Tilføj dette emne til din favoritliste

Besvar til dette emne