Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > How should driver handle start of race (not what you think) Tilføj dette emne til din ignorér-liste Tilføj dette emne til din favoritliste
Side [1
Forfatter Emne: How should driver handle start of race (not what you think) 4 svar
Jaco Van Zyl
(Gruppe Rookie - 30)

Land:
Sydafrika 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #1 Skrevet Jul 29 2022, 14:25:52 (senest redigeret Jul 29 2022, 14:27:03 af Jaco Van Zyl) Citat 
Hi all. My first post in the forums!

I used to play a very similar game to GPRO by a different name back around 2005. Life got hectic as I got my first job and I stopped playing, but recently remembered that game fondly, but after hours of searching found out it no longer existed. But luckily I found GPRO!

This is my second season on GPRO, but 1st full season.

To the point; I'm actually quite happy to FOBY in 99% of cases, but worked out there are too many variables to FOBY this question: "How should your driver handle the start of the race?"

So my question is: what exactly is the "start of the race"? Is it the first lap? Does it vary? For how many laps does the selected race start risk apply?

I'm having trouble dialing in a good race start risk, and working out how it's "compounded" (is that the right word?) by boost laps on lap 1 as well as general race risks. I've tested many times, with and without, but the results keeps coming back wildly varying. I guess it's because I also have to take my opponents race start risks into consideration (which I obviously can't know).

So knowing for how many laps the "race start" risks apply for means I can test theories without the wildcard of opponents race start risks in the equation.

Hoping someone is willing to enlighten me :)

Roy Mitchell
(Gruppe Pro - 8)

Land:
Canada 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (3)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #2 Skrevet Jul 29 2022, 16:40:06 (senest redigeret Jul 29 2022, 16:41:29 af Roy Mitchell) Citat 
A small amount of logic should tell you that 'Start Risks' apply to the race Start lap i.e. lap #1 The risks the driver applies at the drop of the (sic) 'flag'

If the 'risks' you use, go beyond the first lap it is not start risks.
Farkhad Rakhimzhanov
(Gruppe Rookie - 39)

Land:
Kazakhstan 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (3)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #3 Skrevet Jul 29 2022, 17:06:32 Citat 
IF you navigate "Race Setup" page and click "i" icon in top right corner near language dropdown, you will see a hint about "How should driver handle start of race" which is
Before we confirm our settings let's look at the starting risks. These are similar to qualifying risks, but will affect the starting lap of the race. It would be wise to relate the starting risks you use to the other risks you are using during the race, as if you're using too much risk at the start on top of larger risks in other areas, you could end up having an accident at the start. Remember that a race is not won at the first lap, so consider setting your start risks as low as possible during your first races to avoid ending your race in tears before it has even begun.

Jos van der Geest
(Gruppe Rookie - 29)

Land:
Nederlandene 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (0)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #4 Skrevet Jul 29 2022, 17:45:25 Citat 
For so far i have heard, it dont have impact on what you earn euro except that you end on the last place. I mean, s far i know the 90% rule dont count for rookies. Or am i wrong?
Jaco Van Zyl
(Gruppe Rookie - 30)

Land:
Sydafrika 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #5 Skrevet Jul 29 2022, 19:05:50 Citat 
Quote ( Farkhad Rakhimzhanov @ July 29th 2022,17:06:32 )

IF you navigate "Race Setup" page and click "i" icon in top right corner near language dropdown, you will see a hint about "How should driver handle start of race" which is
Before we confirm our settings let's look at the starting risks. These are similar to qualifying risks, but will affect the starting lap of the race. It would be wise to relate the starting risks you use to the other risks you are using during the race, as if you're using too much risk at the start on top of larger risks in other areas, you could end up having an accident at the start. Remember that a race is not won at the first lap, so consider setting your start risks as low as possible during your first races to avoid ending your race in tears before it has even begun.

Thanks, I searched the forums, wiki and everywhere but on the very page it applies :)

Quote ( Roy Mitchell @ July 29th 2022,16:40:06 )

A small amount of logic should tell you that 'Start Risks' apply to the race Start lap i.e. lap #1 The risks the driver applies at the drop of the (sic) 'flag'

If the 'risks' you use, go beyond the first lap it is not start risks.

I don't think you understood my confusion, but no worries, Farkhad answered my question 100%, thanks
Side [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > How should driver handle start of race (not what you think) Tilføj dette emne til din ignorér-liste Tilføj dette emne til din favoritliste

Besvar til dette emne