Grand Prix Racing Online Foro > General forum > Rules - Promotion & Relegation - error? Agregar este tema a tu lista de ignorados Agregar este tema a tu lista de observados
Página « 1 2 [3 Ir a la página:
Autor Tema: Rules - Promotion & Relegation - error? 84 respuestas
Laurynas Jurgelionis
(Grupo Amateur - 14)

País:
Lituania 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (1)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #61 Publicado el 8-Mar-2020, 22:49:24 (última edición el 8-Mar-2020, 22:50:48 por Laurynas Jurgelionis) Citar 

Ceapa Florin
(Grupo Pro - 18)

País:
Rumania 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (1)   No me gusta este mensaje (1)
Mensaje viejo #62 Publicado el 8-Mar-2020, 23:07:23 (última edición el 8-Mar-2020, 23:38:01 por Florin Ceapa) Citar 
I get your point Laurynas...additional promotions complete (to 40) all the groups above Rookie ... Ama seem to have a max of 39 , probably not enough people to promote from Rookie ...

But the rules, right now, don´t say it as clear as you do, it is my opinion and I will stand by it at the moment ... I didn´t get that as clear as you and all the other smart guys on this forum did...It´s my mistake and I´ll live with it , make Goodey happy and give him that smart look he´s looking for when coming to slap people in the face before he even gets what is all about ...

Appreciate the chat , I will check again on it and see if tomorrow works better for my eyes and brain
Thijs Rieken
(Grupo Amateur - 37)

País:
Países Bajos 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (2)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #63 Publicado el 9-Mar-2020, 08:19:28 Citar 
Quote ( Ceapa Florin @ March 8th 2020,21:41:33 )

Quote ( Thijs Rieken @ March 8th 2020,21:22:18 )

I'm being on point, still talking about rules that aren't obvious to you.

That´s the point that u miss....You and all that English happy league around here talk only nonsense...there is no specific/obvious rule if u don´t name it a rule , officially

What do you expect to be obvious for a 5-6 seasons experienced manager ??? The wiki , right....

Guess I made myself clear from the start , don´t waste your time anymore , it´s worst being always around the subject than a double post ..

You guys are not even worth it , or that bunch of high reputation names who talk nonsense cause they got 5 stars on their shoulders and they think you should be disturbing them only on their favorite subject at the time being

Try and stay objective like Bert or Daniel did and comment to the point ... your "obvious" doesn´t exist among the rules!! that´s the point !!! ..it is hardly found (and not too clear explained either) on the wiki .... with your support things can change in a minute , but I guess it´s all about the face that wrote it ... should try and get a rookie lady involved , to get some gentleman´s reactions over here , it seems...or get Goodey´s happiness up so he can´t dislike it ...a bunch of old kids with stupid egos....

don´t even bother to respond , you are way out of my point since the first comment u made , and I´m way out of your league ( edit : yeah I´m too short to reach your ears)

Yes, the wiki! The rules and wiki are the first things any new player should be reading. The certification test covers knowledge from rules, wiki and forums for a very good reason: to show you the places where the information can be found.

You should really just think about why so many people DO know about it, instead of trying to see it as being arrogant and egotistical.
You're asking for information, getting it and then being downright obnoxious about it.
You're pointed out for not following general forum etiquette and you reply by completely ignoring that.
People have said you're whining, because you are.

Just face it, you made a two page essay about the rules and you were wrong. Use this newfound information to do better next time instead of complaining that other already knew.
Carlos Louzeiro
(Grupo Amateur - 66)

País:
Portugal 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (0)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #64 Publicado el 9-Mar-2020, 09:54:59 Citar 
Hi to all ,
who can explain this to me ?
I was relegated all right, but I lost the pilot because supposedly he would have the overol above that allowed in amateur 110...
But now it is on sale again and has an overol of 110 I don't understand why they took it from me I had already negotiated 17 more races with it, that is 7 + 17
Now I have to buy him or another one again, I don't think it's fair

the driver is : -https://www.gpro.net/gb/DriverProfile.asp?ID=27471

Where or with whom do I have to complain.

thanks for listening,

Carlos Louzeiro
MG van Rensburg
(Grupo Amateur - 44)

País:
Sudáfrica 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #65 Publicado el 9-Mar-2020, 10:03:00 (última edición el 9-Mar-2020, 10:10:11 por MG van Rensburg) Citar 
Quote ( Carlos Louzeiro @ March 9th 2020,09:54:59 )

Hi to all ,
who can explain this to me ?
I was relegated all right, but I lost the pilot because supposedly he would have the overol above that allowed in amateur 110...
But now it is on sale again and has an overol of 110 I don't understand why they took it from me I had already negotiated 17 more races with it, that is 7 + 17
Now I have to buy him or another one again, I don't think it's fair

the driver is : -https://www.gpro.net/gb/DriverProfile.asp?ID=27471

Where or with whom do I have to complain.

thanks for listening,

Carlos Louzeiro

Check the driver Tech Insight before and after season reset. An interesting thing happens when a driver falls out of contract due to OA rules. The fact that they fell out of contract with you due to OA limits on relegation, is contributing to why they now within the 110 rule on the market I'm afraid, together with the typical season reset changes.
Dusan Sevarlic
(Grupo Pro - 19)

País:
Serbia 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #66 Publicado el 9-Mar-2020, 10:07:09 Citar 
His OA was probably 111 or above before reset and that's why you lost him.

But he lost some skills during the reset (stamina, motivation...) and his OA dropped to 110.
Tibor Szuromi
(Grupo Pro - 20)

País:
Hungría 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #67 Publicado el 9-Mar-2020, 10:20:01 Citar 
A pilot on the market is losing properties.
Carlos Louzeiro
(Grupo Amateur - 66)

País:
Portugal 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #68 Publicado el 9-Mar-2020, 10:30:18 Citar 
Quote ( Dusan Sevarlic @ March 9th 2020,10:07:09 )

But he lost some skills during the reset (stamina, motivation...) and his OA dropped to 110.

yes that's right, because he had 111 before the season was over but as in the reset he always loses (stamina, motivation...) I didn’t count on losing him like that because at the start of the season there’s 110 of them inside the amateur window...

Tibor Szuromi
(Grupo Pro - 20)

País:
Hungría 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #69 Publicado el 9-Mar-2020, 10:37:57 (última edición el 9-Mar-2020, 10:39:52 por Tibor Szuromi) Citar 
@Carlos Louzeiro (A66) After race 17, the pre-RESET OA is the point.
Daniel Douglas
(Grupo Pro - 2)

País:
Estados Unidos 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #70 Publicado el 9-Mar-2020, 11:35:13 (última edición el 9-Mar-2020, 11:36:50 por Daniel Douglas) Citar 
Quote ( Carlos Louzeiro @ March 9th 2020,10:30:18 )

Quote ( Dusan Sevarlic @ March 9th 2020,10:07:09 )

yes that's right, because he had 111 before the season was over but as in the reset he always loses (stamina, motivation...) I didn’t count on losing him like that because at the start of the season there’s 110 of them inside the amateur window...

OA changes occur after the relegation script / driver check iirc. So if you had 111 after Race 17, you would have lost him in the relegation script.... and he could very well have dropped to 110 in the very next step (season change, driver OA modifications).

It is entirely possible for a driver's OA to actually increase above the cutoff and you actually keep him. For instance... you could relegate from pro to ama with a driver that has 110 OA after race 17 (so you keep him) and then he starts the season at 111 OA, due to season change OA modifications.
Ceapa Florin
(Grupo Pro - 18)

País:
Rumania 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (0)   No me gusta este mensaje (2)
Mensaje viejo #71 Publicado el 9-Mar-2020, 12:17:00 Citar 
Quote ( Thijs Rieken @ March 9th 2020,08:19:28 )

Yes, the wiki! The rules and wiki are the first things any new player should be reading. The certification test covers knowledge from rules, wiki and forums for a very good reason: to show you the places where the information can be found.

I´m all certified dude , and there is a huge community of certified managers that may still do the same mistake I did , misjudging some piece of information , which could be better (clearly) presented

People have said you're whining, because you are.

I´ve been frustrated and everything else dude...that´s way past me , but this is not why I am here , said it 5 times already, starting with my first essay that you and Godey read upside down , all you came to do was playing the smart guy , and protecting Vlad , as if all my action were put together to make him look bad or so , cause I mentioned his name...you acted politically and tried to diquallify me right away , instead of trying to be helpful in any way you can , as that´s the big motto of this fancy community of yours :))...pfff , big boys with huge egos and small characters it´s all I see

Just face it, you made a two page essay about the rules and you were wrong. Use this newfound information to do better next time instead of complaining that other already knew.

I don´t give a penny if I´m wrong or not dude (Already said I was wrong , I didn´t find it clear enough explained)... I don´t give a penny on you or Vlad (but I do support his work starting day 1) , or anyone else Goodey was trying to protect while calling me a whiner instead of a complainer..I know enough english to make a difference in people´s attitude , based on the words they use , dude...I was a COMPLAINER to Vlad , here I´m a part of this community and I have some minimum expectations if you wanna chat with me , let´s stick to that and get it over with

You should really just think about why so many people DO know about it, instead of trying to see it as being arrogant and egotistical.

You're asking for information, getting it and then being downright obnoxious about it.

You're pointed out for not following general forum etiquette and you reply by completely ignoring that.

I am not asking for information, n´ór for a shoulder to cry on , dude!!! I am asking for opinions , please do read my essay if you wanna comment on it

This is not about me , being arrogant or whatever ... quit making it personal dude , all you manage is to prove me you´re just another ....whole(just pick your favorite I don´t really care)

Finally you wanna get technical with me ...let´s get technical then , did you and your english buddies know that most of the people playing Gpro are not native english speakers??...I use Gpro in my own language and that paragraph inside 7.1 rule section, that´s suppose to make it clear enough for all of us "idiots" , is not even translated !!!!
That´s a technical issue dude !!! And I´m here to speak for the "idiots" right now , and together make it better , CLEAR !!!

I´m not here to blow your ego , take it easy and act towards that great spirit of community the admins ask from all of us to support and promote together with this project

You guys are not here to label people based on Gpro mistakes or so !!! Say your opinion and make space for the others too , it is a huge community and you, stellar freaks, are not the center of it

Thijs Rieken
(Grupo Amateur - 37)

País:
Países Bajos 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (4)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #72 Publicado el 9-Mar-2020, 13:40:51 Citar 
You are interpreting that:

1. I read your essay upside down
2. I'm protecting Vlad and/or GPRO
3. I think you need a shoulder to cry on
4. I'm English (what?)
5. I'm acting out of ego
6. I'm trying to label you

NONE of these are true. Stop making assumptions.

1. I did need 3-4 attempts to completely read through your essay. I did NOT read it upside down.
2. I never mentioned Vlad's name. I never expressed feeling that either Vlad or GPRO was being attacked.
3. I honestly don't care whether this makes you cry, laugh, angry, whatever.
4. I'm Dutch.
5. I'm acting out of utter annoyance with the way you are behaving yourself and feeling entitled to have the rules laid out for you pre-chewed, capitalized and in order of bloody importance.
This game is ALL about figuring out how the game works. Doing that very well will make you a very good manager and doing it poorly will lead to poor results. If you're not up to that, if that's not what makes you like this game, than perhaps this is not the game for you.

Honestly, your persistent backtalk, including creative, but insulting comments to the same people that presented you with an answer to your question is showing ignorance, disrespect and an unwillingness to talk normally.

6. I'm not labeling you. I have not, in any single post. I AM labeling your ACTIONS. I am not here to attack you as a person. I am not here simply to be annoying to you. I am not made of pure evil.

If you are feeling uncertain about being judged, perhaps it will help if you take a different approach to your next question. I can highly recommend the one where you simply ask and receive an answer, and leave all the emotional bits out of it.
Ceapa Florin
(Grupo Pro - 18)

País:
Rumania 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (0)   No me gusta este mensaje (5)
Mensaje viejo #73 Publicado el 9-Mar-2020, 13:54:48 (última edición el 9-Mar-2020, 14:08:18 por Florin Ceapa) Citar 
Dude stop it right there , go home and play with your buddies...you are way out of my point already...you turn everything into a political climate debate , let´s keep it sunny :)

"Congratulations, you just FOBYd the additional promotions"

This was you Batman, first reaction to my essay

"Stop whining - if you don't know the rules, that is your fault, not Vlad's or anyone else.

It ain't going to change whether you are in pro this season or not - so deal with it."

And that´s Robin , your good old pal...

I note down your opinion as against any of my arguments , technical or not.. you do not support any changes , you think chinese should read english perfectly just because some dutch guy does and so on ...we need to research everything , I get it , even the rules itselves

It´s ok mate , thx for the chat , it´s just pointless to head that way right now...cya

"If you are feeling uncertain about being judged, perhaps it will help if you take a different approach to your next question. I can highly recommend the one where you simply ask and receive an answer, and leave all the emotional bits out of it."

That´s what I did dude...I got my first reactions above , just quoted for you... if you wanna take credit for your political statements , don´t make it personal right from the beginning...it was your turn to answer a simple question , but you guys made it personal ....now it´s washing hands time ...that´s really cool of you , but it´s just politics right now ... No one wins so let´s spare time and make place for others who feel like answering a simple question .. you know , people like Bert , Daniel , Laurynas ... they got the point , you just picked a glove I ´ve never thrown
Thijs Rieken
(Grupo Amateur - 37)

País:
Países Bajos 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #74 Publicado el 9-Mar-2020, 14:17:57 Citar 
You are talking about having a sunny talk, yet you keep putting all kinds of personal attacks in your posts.

Starting somewhere along the line of:
"Oh stop it, go home to your buddies, you don't understand, you're overreacting."

(This opening is hostile and sets the tone by downtalking me even before you get to the actual contents of your post. If you want to keep it sunny like you say, keep it sunny. If you write hostile stuff, you'll get hostile stuff back.)

I'll give you that quote of mine, as I was being sarcastic at that point. That wasn't nice.

But I'm not Robin, and quoting Robin as a reply to me doesn't make sense.
(For your information, I've never met Robin, haven't had any private or even public conversations with him. He seems like a nice guy though.)

And then you close with a profile sketch you make of me, based on a) assumptions and b) a single thread.
You're using that profile sketch to try and turn me into someone who only talks nonsense and then put the bit about researching the rules in right after that so it looks like nonsense too.
That's not discussing with proper arguments, that's a fallacy.
(I don't really have an opinion on Chinese people and their English language skills, but if I had to make up a logical opinion on that I'd say all English speaking people should start learning Chinese... There's a lot more Chinese people!)

Then why do I keep replying? Well, simply because I find it hard to believe that you're actually trying to understand what I'm saying, yet you feel the need to talk down to people, including me, who are replying to YOUR question. I'm continuing with the hope that it leads to you actually realizing that this is an unfriendly, not-sunny way to behave and perhaps you'll try and be a bit more sunny about your next question.
That's not because I'm feeling better or more experienced (check my history, really! I'm still practically new here) but because that's the way I like to see everyone in this community behave.
Ceapa Florin
(Grupo Pro - 18)

País:
Rumania 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #75 Publicado el 9-Mar-2020, 14:37:26 Citar 
Quote ( Thijs Rieken @ March 9th 2020,14:17:57 )

You are talking about having a sunny talk, yet you keep putting all kinds of personal attacks in your posts.

Starting somewhere along the line of:

"Oh stop it, go home to your buddies, you don't understand, you're overreacting."

It´s too late to judge on that ...you already picked that imaginary hand glove...I´m a sarcastic person , too ...this is what you got in return , can´t help it but still can admit it´s not nice either

Then why do I keep replying? Well, simply because I find it hard to believe that you're actually trying to understand what I'm saying, yet you feel the need to talk down to people, including me, who are replying to YOUR question. I'm continuing with the hope that it leads to you actually realizing that this is an unfriendly, not-sunny way to behave and perhaps you'll try and be a bit more sunny about your next question.

That's not because I'm feeling better or more experienced (check my history, really! I'm still practically new here) but because that's the way I like to see everyone in this community behave.

I´m way over my mistakes dude , it´s cool now I´m chilled, still not happy about it thoguh, but this is it... I want to make Vlad SPELL it for us , but I need to convince people first...that RULES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE TRANSPARENT AND CLEAR

not yelling at you , just underlining ..they explain this rule that I misjudged in a different language while setting my acount in my own native language...lucky me I get to read english , but there is still some transparency missing , or maybe just my bad english... this is what I´ve been asking people to refer to , all this time...

After talking to Laurynas and reading even Graham as a pure english native person , as he finds that text fluid and clear , I still don´t see where that text covers for all situations as it says that additional promotions may occur when people retire, quit or the other special request...it says clear that there will be aditional promotions but it doesn´t make it clear if before or after (or if it´s even including) the relegated manager´s situation , as it happens when people relegate on negative balances

I understand there will be additional promotions but I can also think that there will be promotions ONLY AFTER RELEGATED POSITIVE BALANCES COMPENSATE FOR ALL SITUATIONS ..,. and there were plenty of relegated managers in all the groups above to compensate for my strong finish , right under the line , as I planned

At least this is the point where my bad english was taking my brain to

But I'm not Robin, and quoting Robin as a reply to me doesn't make sense.

(For your information, I've never met Robin, haven't had any private or even public conversations with him. He seems like a nice guy though.)

I know that , it´s just that critical point where my Sarcasm was brought to life , so I thought it is worth mentioning... my bad , don´t take it personal
Thijs Rieken
(Grupo Amateur - 37)

País:
Países Bajos 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #76 Publicado el 9-Mar-2020, 14:45:04 Citar 
Eh, I'll take it :P we can all be a bit bitchy sometimes.

Too bad the rules weren't clear enough to prevent your unwanted promotion.
Ceapa Florin
(Grupo Pro - 18)

País:
Rumania 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #77 Publicado el 9-Mar-2020, 14:48:45 Citar 
Thx for the talk Thijs
Mark Pinnick
(Grupo Pro - 6)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #78 Publicado el 9-Mar-2020, 16:59:49 (última edición el 9-Mar-2020, 17:04:36 por Mark Pinnick) Citar 
Quote ( Ceapa Florin @ March 9th 2020,14:37:26 )

I understand there will be additional promotions but I can also think that there will be promotions ONLY AFTER RELEGATED POSITIVE BALANCES COMPENSATE FOR ALL SITUATIONS ..,. and there were plenty of relegated managers in all the groups above to compensate for my strong finish , right under the line , as I planned

At least this is the point where my bad english was taking my brain

I guess the thing to consider here is fairness.

If 1 manager in Elite resets to rookie, then 1 Master group only receives 2 relegated managers. If the "space" caused by this manger relegating back to rookie were to be filled by the highest place manager in that particular Master group who would have otherwise relegated, then it's a lottery as to which of the 5 groups this occurs in. To avoid this, an extra manager promotes from PRO to fill the spot.

These additional promotions also need extra promotions from AMA to PRO, otherwise the PRO groups are not filled.

:)

EDIT: This could be written explicitly in the rules/wiki, but given that the promotion and relegation wiki is still written as 4 promotions/16 relegations (not 3 and 15), I think it's probably a way down the list of tasks on the to-do list. ;)
Ceapa Florin
(Grupo Pro - 18)

País:
Rumania 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #79 Publicado el 9-Mar-2020, 17:39:37 (última edición el 9-Mar-2020, 17:40:29 por Florin Ceapa) Citar 
You make that as clear as Laurynas did, Mark...thanks for your point , I can’t argue with it .. just wished for the rules to be as clear as that

Do you really think newcomers or less experienced managers follow the right steps during their own development , nowadays ? I see many people judging my reason to question how the game works under current rules after my playing time or racing experience ... still, I found myself in this situation for the first time , allowed to create my own plan and not being specifically warned about any boiling point I might cross

How long should an issue, on that to-do list , be waiting for it to be taken care of ?? Before expecting people to self-understand it , of course ....

Mark Pinnick
(Grupo Pro - 6)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #80 Publicado el 9-Mar-2020, 17:50:55 Citar 
I think the rules/wiki ought to have some time spent on them; currently there are items which are out of date, and cause confusion.

The answer to your question ought to have been read the rules/wiki; they should be correct, and unambiguous. The fact that this answer was not appropriate shows that there is work to do, but the question is, is it more important than whatever other tasks the GPRO staff are spending their time on.

Resource is always finite; things are never perfect. The fact that you have experienced this issue, and highlighted a problem in the wiki/rules is good; it doesn't help you for this season, but will benefit others in the future.

:)
Ceapa Florin
(Grupo Pro - 18)

País:
Rumania 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #81 Publicado el 9-Mar-2020, 18:22:11 (última edición el 9-Mar-2020, 18:24:18 por Florin Ceapa) Citar 
Quote ( Mark Pinnick @ March 9th 2020,17:50:55 )

The fact that you have experienced this issue, and highlighted a problem in the wiki/rules is good; it doesn't help you for this season, but will benefit others in the future.

Never planned for anything less/more than this , thanks

actually, it is written with my own words but many did read it upside down , it seems
Stuart Foster
(Grupo Amateur - 49)

País:
Gales 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #82 Publicado el 9-Mar-2020, 22:06:03 (última edición el 9-Mar-2020, 22:06:19 por Stuart Foster) Citar 
Hope you're alright Florin. Always good to see you doing well, and enjoyed our previous competitiveness with much fondness :)

Unfortunately it is a bit of a vague system, but if someone retires in Master it will create +1 promo from amateur so that the retired players spot in Pro gets filled. What you should have done, and maybe the rules could be clearer (I assume they may not be, I didn't check for accuracy), is count the number of retirements in Master before the season ends and that number is the extra spots needed to keep Pro filled.

All the best mate.
Florencia Caro
(Grupo Master - 4)

Equipo de GPRO
  País:
Argentina 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #83 Publicado el 9-Mar-2020, 22:24:17 (última edición el 9-Mar-2020, 22:24:58 por Florencia Caro) Citar 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ March 9th 2020,22:06:03 )

is count the number of retirements in Master before the season ends and that number is the extra spots needed to keep Pro filled.

This is tricky. After R15 you do know how many managers are retiring by request/reset to rookie, but what is still uncertain is the number of retirements due to inactivity. A manager that has not started a single race during the season may start R17 and avoid retirement that way, so the count cannot be made in advance I guess :/; only R17 post race script will tell.
Stuart Foster
(Grupo Amateur - 49)

País:
Gales 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #84 Publicado el 9-Mar-2020, 22:31:21 Citar 
Good point well made. Perhaps a system need be in place that allows someone to elect to be excluded from additional promotion list ?
Ceapa Florin
(Grupo Pro - 18)

País:
Rumania 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #85 Publicado el 9-Mar-2020, 22:39:24 (última edición el 9-Mar-2020, 22:39:53 por Florin Ceapa) Citar 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ March 9th 2020,22:31:21 )

Good point well made. Perhaps a system need be in place that allows someone to elect to be excluded from additional promotion list ?

I guess it should be ok if the rules will state exactly who is who and what they do... they need a few appropriate words for it and a lot of good translators , to help the main idea not lose it´s meaning

Nice to see you´re up and ok , too, mate :).. I´ll be spending some time here if I can buy myself the shadow of a good driver.... are u up for it ?
Página « 1 2 [3 Ir a la página:
Grand Prix Racing Online Foro > General forum > Rules - Promotion & Relegation - error? Agregar este tema a tu lista de ignorados Agregar este tema a tu lista de observados

Responder a este tema