Grand Prix Racing Online Foro > Suggestions forum > GPRO needs a mobile app? Agregar este tema a tu lista de ignorados Agregar este tema a tu lista de observados
Página « 1 2 3 [4 Ir a la página:
Autor Tema: GPRO needs a mobile app? 115 respuestas
Luke Frost
(Grupo Rookie - 11)

País:
Australia 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (5)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #91 Publicado el 18-Ago-2018, 11:56:26 Citar 
A lot of people will start playing the game again if its available on the app store with a clear interface and push notifications. I cant name 10+ people ive come across this year who have a pc at home....its always smartphones or tablets nowadays

Is there any chance this will happen in the next few years?
Luke Frost
(Grupo Rookie - 11)

País:
Australia 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (0)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #92 Publicado el 18-Ago-2018, 11:58:16 (última edición el 18-Ago-2018, 12:12:35 por Luke Frost) Citar 
Quote ( Matthew Wheeler @ April 4th 2018,15:01:43 )

The cost of doing a mobile app version is probably a lot higher than what you think. And there won't be much difference between it and what we can do right now on a mobile's browser.

If Vlad hires a bloke who's really good at making apps and it makes it to the top of the free games in app store, he will make his money back very quickly and turn it into an ongoing (increasing) profit.....

And if you see these stats of a contunious decline, you might agree that hiring a bloke to create an app will bring the game back to its glory days. The loss of loyal players are more than likely the people who have tranferred from using pcs to an increasingly more functional smartphone

/gb/Stats.asp?type=graphparticipants#scroll
Miel Soeterbroek
(Grupo Master - 4)

País:
Países Bajos 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (2)   No me gusta este mensaje (1)
Mensaje viejo #93 Publicado el 18-Ago-2018, 12:15:33 Citar 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ August 18th 2018,11:58:16 )

and it makes it to the top of the free games in app store

Never going to happen.
How on earth would a GPRO app get 10 million downloads? :D
Kasper Meng
(Grupo Rookie - 145)

País:
Dinamarca 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (1)   No me gusta este mensaje (1)
Mensaje viejo #94 Publicado el 18-Ago-2018, 12:33:09 Citar 
This is really needed since browser games will die at one point, i speak from experince. It would be a shame to see this game die som day.
Lyee Chong
(Grupo Amateur - 61)

Equipo de GPRO
  País:
Malasia 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (1)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #95 Publicado el 18-Ago-2018, 12:43:48 (última edición el 18-Ago-2018, 12:44:36 por Lyee Chong) Citar 
Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ August 18th 2018,12:15:33 )

Quote ( Luke Frost @ August 18th 2018,11:58:16 )

and it makes it to the top of the free games in app store

Never going to happen.
He was just try too hard to get himself employed by Vlad :))

Btw, even with the said app, I will still use my laptop to do qualy, setup.. as it is more convenient when I can have it side by side with the excel. However, the app could by handy for race viewing and forum reading. As a marketing tool, I dunno :)
Miel Soeterbroek
(Grupo Master - 4)

País:
Países Bajos 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #96 Publicado el 18-Ago-2018, 12:54:35 Citar 
Quote ( Kasper Meng @ August 18th 2018,12:33:09 )

since browser games will die at one point, i speak from experince.

Nonsense. Facebook, KakaoTalk, Line, WeChat, Snap... they're all wrong for jumping on the html5 bandwagon for their gaming platforms?

Stuart Foster
(Grupo Pro - 3)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (2)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #97 Publicado el 18-Ago-2018, 15:26:29 (última edición el 18-Ago-2018, 15:29:40 por Stuart Foster) Citar 
Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ August 18th 2018,12:15:33 )

Never going to happen.

It won't when the F1 reach is shrinking.

https://thumbor.forbes.com/thumbor/960x0/https%3A%2F%2Fblogs...

Based on a typical 20 race season, its roughly 17-18m viewers globally per race currently. I doubt an app for this game would pull the kind of figures Luke is citing...that would equate to over half the audience. In a niche game environment like this one, the numbers won't be there for something that takes 3 months per season. Mobile might work if Vlad and Jukka integrated the private leagues in that direction to give more appeal to those wanting more instant thrills than the time honoured tradition of how we play GPRO currently. I'm sure Vlad has a vision he'd like to take, but he's probably frustrated by a lot of things too...money from ads, supporters I would imagine have declined (though steadied in recent seasons I would say), couple that with issues of seasons a little bit far back from that...I think its a bit much to expect Vlad to commit resources from the game in a mobile platform that might not bring the kind of success that would be needed to finance it. Its not really as simple as "give us a mobile app"...these things cost money. The game tried and failed with an expansion programme 5 years or so back which backfired....the game has really only seen a positive trend again since the live race viewer. Wihch is great. But what we don't wanna see is the game dying out, so it is certainly a risk expecting the game to integrate more to mobile. The core audience for this game is different to what you get with mobile gaming.

That's my view anyway...I could be wrong.

Graham Mercer
(Grupo Pro - 20)

País:
Australia 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #98 Publicado el 18-Ago-2018, 15:29:47 Citar 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ August 18th 2018,15:26:29 )

Its not really as simple as "give us a mobile app"...these things cost money.

And I imagine that it would also add another level of complexity whenever changes and/or upgrades are required.
Roman Sokolov
(Grupo Amateur - 3)

País:
Rusia 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (3)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #99 Publicado el 18-Ago-2018, 15:31:46 Citar 
For me it's abdolutely clear that mobile app will increase players number twice at least.
Diogo Abdalla
(Grupo Amateur - 3)

País:
Brasil 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #100 Publicado el 18-Ago-2018, 15:34:37 Citar 
It doenst needs a mobile app, since its a browser game, but it would surely make the game more popular, just for being available on the android and ios stores
Stuart Foster
(Grupo Pro - 3)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #101 Publicado el 18-Ago-2018, 15:37:40 (última edición el 18-Ago-2018, 15:38:36 por Stuart Foster) Citar 
Quote ( Roman Sokolov @ August 18th 2018,15:31:46 )

For me it's abdolutely clear that mobile app will increase players number twice at least.

Yeah, but even if that is the case, does the crew want it or the risk that goes with it?

My boss where I work has told us a few times that if he wanted it, he could grow the business and expand it to further afield projects. He has resisted it for one main reason - he is quite happy with the work we pull in and enjoys the leisure time he is able to have from the reliable and good clients we do business with.

So, whilst something might be clear, you also have to factor in whether the person running things is prepared to not only make that investment, but also commit the extra workload that would come with it. Does Vlad want that hassle? Maybe he does, who knows...he'd probably like more players...but does he want to spend every day and night on GPRO for the rest of his working life. Maybe he feels he has a work/life balance right now that he is quite content with. These things matter y'know.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Grupo Master - 4)

País:
Países Bajos 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (3)   No me gusta este mensaje (1)
Mensaje viejo #102 Publicado el 18-Ago-2018, 15:49:15 (última edición el 18-Ago-2018, 15:50:02 por Miel Soeterbroek) Citar 
Quote ( Roman Sokolov @ August 18th 2018,15:31:46 )

It needs a working mobile version of the site, that's all. Zero need for a native app.
Will that bring more new players? Unlikely. Will it increase retention/engagement of current players: most likely.

Quote ( Diogo Abdalla @ August 18th 2018,15:34:37 )

It doenst needs a mobile app, since its a browser game, but it would surely make the game more popular, just for being available on the android and ios stores

It won't.
How many downloads/installs do you think a GPRO app will get?
Let's be generous and say 25k. Which is obviously well over the current player numbers.

Now where would 25k put you on those app stores, in terms of exposure? Let me tell you: absolutely nowhere. Completely invisible. Unless people specifically search for it, hardly anyone will find it.

Do realise that the app stores are not the holy walhalla of discoverability everyone is making them out to be. Well, unless you've got millions of installs or millions of advertisement moneys, that is.
Kyle Morris
(Grupo Pro - 19)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #103 Publicado el 18-Ago-2018, 15:53:21 Citar 
These days i use my phone a lot more than my laptop, even to do qualifying as well I use my phone a lot, especially on a Friday. An app would be very beneficial and males it suck I dropped computing early as my 2nd year was to make some sort of app (though I had just started gpro after I dropped)
Diogo Abdalla
(Grupo Amateur - 3)

País:
Brasil 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #104 Publicado el 18-Ago-2018, 16:09:24 Citar 
Quote ( Kyle Morris @ August 18th 2018,15:53:21 )

These days i use my phone a lot more than my laptop, even to do qualifying as well I use my phone a lot, especially on a Friday. An app would be very beneficial and males it suck I dropped computing early as my 2nd year was to make some sort of app (though I had just started gpro after I dropped)

People would find it looking for F1 and management games, for one

Motorsport Manager started as a mobile game, and it was a huge success
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Grupo Amateur - 6)

País:
México 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #105 Publicado el 18-Ago-2018, 16:48:53 Citar 
Quote ( Diogo Abdalla @ August 18th 2018,16:09:24 )

Motorsport Manager started as a mobile game, and it was a huge success

It was a success because it is made for millenials.

You run as many races you want/can per day.
Options are very limited and you don't need to do any calculations (things that this generation avoid) and get instant gratification.

The game is so basic that after a couple of days the only challenge I had was not loosing any championship run and completing all levels and messing with my driver to make them finish tied in first place.

This game is too different, it's slow paced, requires some math and time to be spent on it (even with on line tools it require you to do some math for budget management) if you want to be succesful and get instant gratification.

There is already an app for GPRO available, it is called Opera, which I think works better, Chrome, Safari etc.
Diogo Abdalla
(Grupo Amateur - 3)

País:
Brasil 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #106 Publicado el 18-Ago-2018, 17:30:51 Citar 
Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @

This game is too different, it's slow paced, requires some math and time to be spent on it (even with on line tools it require you to do some math for budget management) if you want to be succesful and get instant gratification.

I know that, it was just an example that there is demand for F1 management games on mobile

That say, I do think an app would bring more players. Also is a lot of work so I really dont know if would be worth the trouble
Peter Willmore
(Grupo Pro - 9)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #107 Publicado el 18-Ago-2018, 18:54:43 (última edición el 18-Ago-2018, 19:00:07 por Peter Willmore) Citar 
I think a mobile app would actually be a terrible idea :)

if their was a huge influx of players as some are suggesting, that would be a problem in itself would bring a lot of problems even more so when you factor in the likely big % not racing or staying for longer than a season.

A more smartphone/tablet friendly interface would be great and a much more welcome change IMO
Wayne Edwards
(Grupo Pro - 1)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #108 Publicado el 18-Ago-2018, 19:08:58 Citar 
A mobile App would be one step closer to "Pay to Win".

Advertising would make a lot of money but it would become too tempting to add In APP Purchasing.....:-(
Luke Frost
(Grupo Rookie - 11)

País:
Australia 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (4)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #109 Publicado el 19-Ago-2018, 02:07:38 (última edición el 19-Ago-2018, 02:17:41 por Luke Frost) Citar 
Quote ( Peter Willmore @ August 18th 2018,18:54:43 )

I think a mobile app would actually be a terrible idea :)

if their was a huge influx of players as some are suggesting, that would be a problem in itself would bring a lot of problems even more so when you factor in the likely big % not racing or staying for longer than a season.

A more smartphone/tablet friendly interface would be great and a much more welcome change IMO

iGP manager has 500,000 downloads already. That game has always been play2win so i wont play it but if i remember when i played it for a few weeks, it was already established for a few years and had way less users. Now with an app they are huge.

Ok so you're more concerned about how administration can hqndle having an app and an influx of users...
Instead of worrying how the website will handle the increasing numbers, think about Vlads racing bike he can buy if 5,000 more people become paying customers. Thats €5,000 (€1 per person per week) added to Vlads account per week if they continue to play. Im sure he will be ok handling more people on his database with that kind of income
Luke Frost
(Grupo Rookie - 11)

País:
Australia 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #110 Publicado el 19-Ago-2018, 03:40:16 (última edición el 19-Ago-2018, 03:46:56 por Luke Frost) Citar 
Quote ( Diogo Abdalla @ August 18th 2018,16:09:24 )

A good mobile app interface will also make pages like the newbie guide, FAQ, and the community forum/team page more accessible and easy to read. If 1% of the people who search 'f1 manager' prefer this kind of manager game, we will take on 10,000 new players (1 million people downloaded f1 manager). If 1% of them become paying customers, Vlads pay goes up by €100 per week....

I think GPRO is the kind of game that can become massive via word-of-mouth. Its a perfect game design stuck in the mid-2000s model.
Christopher Batchlor
(Grupo Rookie - 166)

País:
Estados Unidos 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #111 Publicado el 19-Ago-2018, 04:03:58 Citar 
in the end, it'll just make having multiple accounts easier. And by default, Mr. Shadow's effectiveness at cracking down on them just a tiny bit harder.
Gordon Douglas
(Grupo Amateur - 79)

País:
Escocia 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #112 Publicado el 19-Ago-2018, 11:15:10 Citar 
Some poeple are missing the point here.

Sure a mobile app would raise the amount of people seeing the game and probably staying around to play as well.
How many this will be can only be guessed. Judging by the answers there is nobody here that has done proper research on this.

Never mind the fact that I think the admin team is surely aware of this topic as this is not the first time it is mentioned.

So it is down to Vlad and Co to decide. And it is their decision if they think it is a viable Option for them...
Kyle Morris
(Grupo Pro - 19)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #113 Publicado el 19-Ago-2018, 11:37:32 Citar 
When Vlad originally posted about GPRO's future the one thing he mentioned was an app. He just needed to find a programmer and he was very willing to have a close coordination with the programmer. Not sure if it's still on the back of his mind
Kasper Meng
(Grupo Rookie - 145)

País:
Dinamarca 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #114 Publicado el 19-Ago-2018, 12:31:09 Citar 
I said earlier that an app is needed, i take that back. What he need is a easier website på navigate when we are on out mobiles.
John Ressler
(Grupo Rookie - 31)

País:
Estados Unidos 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #115 Publicado el 15-Nov-2019, 19:32:20 Citar 
If we can get a mobile app that keeps us logged in so we can complete things would be nice.
Jay De Snoo
(Grupo Amateur - 2)

País:
Países Bajos 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #116 Publicado el 15-Nov-2019, 20:11:14 (última edición el 15-Nov-2019, 20:28:13 por Florencia Caro) Citar 
Quote ( John Ressler @ November 15th 2019,19:32:20 )

If we can get a mobile app that keeps us logged in so we can complete things would be nice.

Please search forum... This has been suggested AND discussed over and over... Bottom line: Not likely to happen.

Mod Edit: vocabulary
Página « 1 2 3 [4 Ir a la página:
Grand Prix Racing Online Foro > Suggestions forum > GPRO needs a mobile app? Agregar este tema a tu lista de ignorados Agregar este tema a tu lista de observados

Responder a este tema