Página [12 3 ... 6 7 8 » Ir a la página:
Encuesta de foro
Should a Wealth Tax be introduced for balances of 150m or more?
Ingresa para votar y ver los resultados de la encuesta
Autor Tema: Wealth Tax for 150m+ 222 respuestas
Stuart Foster
(Grupo Master - 4)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (3)   No me gusta este mensaje (15)
Mensaje viejo #1 Publicado el 2-Dic-2017, 13:53:13 (última edición el 2-Dic-2017, 13:58:47 por Stuart Foster) Citar 
Ok, lets bring this up into its own topic.

I am in favour of a few changes and this would be one of them.

There are currently 76 managers in Amateur with a balance of 150m or more.
There are also over 150 manager's with a balance of 100m or more.

My Utopia for amateur is ;

1) A higher rate wealth tax to discourage people from just "hanging" in amateur stockpiling cash.
2) Increasing the number of relegations from 4 to 10. This would mean increasing the numbers currently in amateur from 33/34 per group to around 37. This would however required one extra promotion from every rookie group UNLESS amateur was made smaller to avoid it, so it is not an easy number to reach by any means and I accept/realise the difficulties and sensitivity of this.
3) Adding Avonn as a supplier which can be used in amateur alongside Pipi's.

This has been discussed many times before but I do feel a higher rate wealth tax is a great start point to get things moving again in amateur. The level currently is very stale. Yes, its a great level for rebuilding your account after dropping from higher levels, but I feel the competitiveness doesn't need to be compromised to support this. The benefit of a wealth tax would/should be that players feel a greater need/worth to investment in aspects of their account/package (whether its car or staff and facilities).

I know there are people who will be against this, and I do appreciate and understand the need for a level to rebuild, but it shouldn't mean that as a result that this level is extremely uncompetitive to the point where you actually only relegate from it if there are not 3 or 4 negatives or inactives. Getting people to spend their money in amateur has to be something that is addressed in the near future. Otherwise what is going to happen is the gap between the bottom end of amateur and the top will become wider and the number of players with very high balances will grow and grow. It's only natural that happens in an environment that requires to not spend money/improve your car/package.

Miel Soeterbroek
(Grupo Master - 4)

País:
Países Bajos 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (14)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #2 Publicado el 2-Dic-2017, 13:57:41 Citar 
I'd like so see how the effect of the negotiation cap works out first :)
Jon Day
(Grupo Pro - 11)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (6)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #3 Publicado el 2-Dic-2017, 13:59:17 Citar 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ December 2nd 2017,13:53:13 )

I do feel a Wealth tax is a great start point to get things moving again in amateur
Only if the tax is then spent on the poor managers who are on benefits. :P
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Grupo Amateur - 30)

País:
Turquía 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (2)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #4 Publicado el 2-Dic-2017, 14:00:05 (última edición el 2-Dic-2017, 14:05:05 por Ahmet Sonverdi) Citar 
Quote ( Max Watson Jon Day @ October 24th 2017,12:19:16 )

Quote ( Robert Enright @ October 24th 2017,12:07:02 )

3 bands for casual taxes. The usual 25% on balance for 50million to 100.
50% on balance from 100million to 150.
And finally 75% on anything from 150million upwards.

This'll make those guys rethink.

I understand the thinking behind this, but there is something to be said for being allowed to play the game your own way. Just as some managers might set their sights on the elite title, others might set themselves the challenge of keeping the same driver for 15 seasons, or amassing as much money as possible. I'm not sure we need measures put in place that will change this state of affairs.

For all the debate about limiting money hoarding in amateur, leaving the division with a fat wallet is of limited utility once you've fought your way through to the game's upper divisions. Quite a few managers have left amateur with over $200m in the bank, but how many of them went on to become elite champions?
Božidar Topčić
(Grupo Pro - 24)

País:
Croacia 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (1)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #5 Publicado el 2-Dic-2017, 14:02:27 Citar 
I see nothing wrong with how it is. Most of those mentioned will waste their money in Pro or Master. Being in ama is boring and grinding money and wasting time there for few seasons is best possible punishment. Increasing relegation spot will change nothing as even then its quite impossible to relegate even if you have half of brain. At the end anyone can go back and grind, its usually poor ones that are unhappy.
Tibor Szuromi
(Grupo Amateur - 25)

País:
Hungría 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (0)   No me gusta este mensaje (1)
Mensaje viejo #6 Publicado el 2-Dic-2017, 14:02:42 Citar 
Stuart!
Must this be? :(:(:(
Jon Day
(Grupo Pro - 11)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (0)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #7 Publicado el 2-Dic-2017, 14:03:14 Citar 
Ahmet? Why quote Max Watson? He couldnt even win a Geezer award! Just saying :P
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Grupo Amateur - 30)

País:
Turquía 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #8 Publicado el 2-Dic-2017, 14:05:22 Citar 
Quote ( Jon Day @ December 2nd 2017,14:03:14 )

Ahmet? Why quote Max Watson? He couldnt even win a Geezer award! Just saying :P

Don't know what you're talking about man.
Stuart Foster
(Grupo Master - 4)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #9 Publicado el 2-Dic-2017, 14:06:05 Citar 
Quote ( Tibor Szuromi @ December 2nd 2017,14:02:42 )

Stuart!
Must this be? :(:(:(

lol, well no, I'm not an admin so it most probably will not be:)

But, I would be doing "something" at least. Amateur is nothing but a grind these days. Must it be like this, really?
Gustavo Bellotto
(Grupo Pro - 2)

País:
Brasil 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #10 Publicado el 2-Dic-2017, 14:08:46 Citar 

I know there are people who will be against this

These people have to understand that this game is about KEEPING the finances balanced, and not beeing rich, and after a little while broke again. It's not a trip to Disneyland where you gather money for months/years and then spend all of it in a couple of days, having to wait again a long time to save the same money.
Tibor Szuromi
(Grupo Amateur - 25)

País:
Hungría 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #11 Publicado el 2-Dic-2017, 14:11:30 (última edición el 2-Dic-2017, 14:12:53 por Tibor Szuromi) Citar 
Stuart!
Clap.
If the proposal is valuable then the staff will jump.
Otherwise, DE Lutri comes in. ... or nothing.
Tibor Szuromi
(Grupo Amateur - 25)

País:
Hungría 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #12 Publicado el 2-Dic-2017, 14:12:29 (última edición el 2-Dic-2017, 14:13:07 por Tibor Szuromi) Citar 
:(
Stuart Foster
(Grupo Master - 4)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #13 Publicado el 2-Dic-2017, 14:20:09 Citar 
Quote ( Tibor Szuromi @ December 2nd 2017,14:11:30 )

Stuart!
Clap.
If the proposal is valuable then the staff will jump.
Otherwise, DE Lutri comes in. ... or nothing.

:) Exactly why its a suggestion forum and not a "we must do this!" forum...discussing ideas is the only way anything can ever see the light of day or improve something we might feel is broken or needs looking at...if an idea is universally rejected by the community, it has no chance anyways :)
Mark Wright
(Grupo Pro - 25)

País:
Escocia 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #14 Publicado el 2-Dic-2017, 14:25:54 Citar 
How does it discourage competition? If you add a wealth tax people will just stay longer in Ama which I think is actually going to be what happens with the cap on sponsors. Folks will now wait until they have 5 on the car and the maximum at a decent rate before going up whereas before they wouldn't necessarily wait for all 5 slots on the car to be filled.
Onur Guardian
(Grupo Amateur - 71)

País:
Turquía 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #15 Publicado el 2-Dic-2017, 14:28:23 Citar 
respect patient of those Wealthy managers :P

#donttouchmymoney
Andrei Harnicu
(Grupo Amateur - 4)

País:
Rumania 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #16 Publicado el 2-Dic-2017, 14:32:53 (última edición el 2-Dic-2017, 14:34:35 por Andrei Harnicu) Citar 
E: Should I read first the comments :P
Gustavo Bellotto
(Grupo Pro - 2)

País:
Brasil 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #17 Publicado el 2-Dic-2017, 14:54:38 Citar 
I belive retainers have to spend more every season because of "the millionairs" who have overspent for a couple of seasons, and in the end new ones come up again every season.
David Rolleston1
(Grupo Elite)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (20)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #18 Publicado el 2-Dic-2017, 15:00:28 Citar 
NO NO NO NO NO!

The politics of envy!

If someone is stock piling cash, its because they aren't spending it on other areas in the game that will make their life easier in the higher leagues.

It really isn't a problem, just concentrate on your own package and kicking their arses!
Eric Dias
(Grupo Amateur - 52)

País:
Brasil 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #19 Publicado el 2-Dic-2017, 15:02:13 Citar 
I'm against the taxes because as mentioned before, Pro and Master are VERY EXPENSIVE groups, so, it`s really hard to retain on those groups without a huge amount of money at the start.
Robin Goodey
(Grupo Pro - 17)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #20 Publicado el 2-Dic-2017, 15:06:59 (última edición el 2-Dic-2017, 15:07:42 por Robin Goodey) Citar 
I suspect you're a few days too late to get much support for this Stuart - the new sponsors cap will make this tactic much less viable going forward....

And as Rollo (and many others in the previous discussions have said) - if managers aren't spending their money, then they aren't a threat anyway...
Rui Morais
(Grupo Amateur - 48)

País:
Portugal 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (2)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #21 Publicado el 2-Dic-2017, 15:08:54 Citar 
Quote ( David Rolleston @ December 2nd 2017,15:00:28 )

If someone is stock piling cash, its because they aren't spending it on other areas in the game that will make their life easier in the higher leagues.

Exactly.

Quote ( Stuart Foster @ December 2nd 2017,14:20:09 )

...but I do think something should be done to make it less easy to get rich in amateur.

Something was already done, the sponsor limit will take care of that...
Jens Frostrup
(Grupo Pro - 22)

País:
Dinamarca 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #22 Publicado el 2-Dic-2017, 15:16:24 Citar 
Quote ( Robin Goodey @ December 2nd 2017,15:06:59 )

I suspect you're a few days too late to get much support for this Stuart - the new sponsors cap will make this tactic much less viable going forward....

+1. Clever words Robin.
Mark Witney
(Grupo Amateur - 21)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #23 Publicado el 2-Dic-2017, 15:17:13 Citar 

just concentrate on your own package

Sorry Stuart but I think David summed it up perfectly.
Richard Robin Paukson
(Grupo Amateur - 64)

País:
Estonia 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (5)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #24 Publicado el 2-Dic-2017, 15:27:26 Citar 
Why do the wealthy have to pay more taxes? They've worked hard to earn that money!
Jasper Coosemans1
(Grupo Pro - 4)

País:
Bélgica 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (1)   No me gusta este mensaje (1)
Mensaje viejo #25 Publicado el 2-Dic-2017, 18:31:38 Citar 

NO NO NO NO NO!

The politics of envy!

It really isn't a problem, just concentrate on your own package and kicking their arses!

Amateur has really changed since the last time you were there David. It is now literally near the point where it is impossible to relegate. Many groups have no active/positive players relegating, some have one or two but even then all it takes is one 20th place to retain.

This is the source of the problem. GPRO is supposed to be an arms race, it's supposed to be a competition first and foremost. It should be a competition for everyone, and if you can manage to stockpile cash and still not lose out in the race against relegation, then fair play! But the current situation is one where no race against relegation exists at all, and stockpiling cash is not a reward for the able manager but for anyone who doesn't feel like making an effort to set proper results.

Also, note that the reduction in participants per race in Amateur, means that the manager who finishes dead last in every race now earns about 17 million more per season than he used to when there were 40 racing. And on top of that he probably won't even relegate.

It doesn't take a PhD to see that this is no longer a competition and therefore something is wrong.

I would, however, argue that a wealth tax is treating the symptom instead of the disease.
Stuart Foster
(Grupo Master - 4)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #26 Publicado el 2-Dic-2017, 18:38:29 (última edición el 2-Dic-2017, 18:43:34 por Stuart Foster) Citar 

if managers aren't spending their money, then they aren't a threat anyway...

True, which doesn't solve this :

I do appreciate and understand the need for a level to rebuild, but it shouldn't mean that as a result that this level is extremely uncompetitive

I suspect you're a few days too late to get much support for this Stuart

Maybe, but total count is 33 yes and 42 No right now so its still a fair amount of support you'd think?

100k maintenance on comm. facilities to be able to keep 3 sponsors negotiating while having already 3 on the car does little really though. In a good season you'd only get 2 on the car anyway...would take a great season to get 3. Most people will already be running some kind of comm. facilities, and if they arn't it's a small expense that's been created this season and if you're aware enough of sponsors and what progress you can expect, level 20 comm. facilities is really not all that much of a cost to have to fork out (1.7m per season maintenance plus any required upgrade to them).

I do think more can be done. Perhaps before any kind of extra taxation people might even prefer that Avonn was an option in amateur, or that there were more than 33/34 per amateur group again as mentioned already . I'd say it would be a step forward to encourage people to be more competitive and spend a bit more cash. i'm not convinced at all that people suddenly having to have some comm facilities to get enough sponsors is doing all that much. Most people already know you can't get sponsors on the car all that quickly once you've got a few going, so its just a case of making sure you've just enough facilities to be able to negotiate with an amount of sponsors to get on the car and keep them circulating (and that is literally only level 20 facilities needed).

David Rolleston1
(Grupo Elite)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (5)   No me gusta este mensaje (1)
Mensaje viejo #27 Publicado el 2-Dic-2017, 18:39:36 Citar 
A better solution would be to double or even treble the influence of facilities. You know, those things that are supposed to assist with pit stops, CCP’s and sponsor progress.

If they genuinely had a better and bigger influence then those who spend money in those areas would be more greatly rewarded.

Should also give a bigger incentive to spend!

Jasper, it was only 7 seasons ago that I was last in amateur 😀
Stuart Foster
(Grupo Master - 4)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #28 Publicado el 2-Dic-2017, 18:45:24 Citar 
David, how about double or treble the sponsor progress, lol. Now that would be something....i'm joking of course, as fantastical it might be.
Mark Witney
(Grupo Amateur - 21)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #29 Publicado el 2-Dic-2017, 18:46:43 Citar 
Quote ( David Rolleston @ December 2nd 2017,18:39:36 )

A better solution would be to double or even treble the influence of facilities. You know, those things that are supposed to assist with pit stops, CCP’s and sponsor progress.

And this, what's the point of maxing everything out if your pit stops are still slower than your teammate who has just promoted from rookie? Facilities do affect some things but others just seem a pointless waste of money in amateur.
Stuart Foster
(Grupo Master - 4)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #30 Publicado el 2-Dic-2017, 18:49:13 Citar 
Yes, you're definitely right there Mark. S&F investment (exception of comm.) is kind of pointless until you're about 1 season away from Pro.
Página [12 3 ... 6 7 8 » Ir a la página:

Responder a este tema