Página « 1 [2 Ir a la página:
Autor Tema: Reputation 39 respuestas
Edwin Silva
(Grupo Master - 3)

País:
Colombia 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (5)   No me gusta este mensaje (1)
Mensaje viejo #31 Publicado el 12-Jun-2018, 16:53:02 Citar 
José, it's clear to me you don't know how the reputation mechanics work, which to be completely direct is quite puzzling to me with your almost 700 races experience. It might be a bit counter intuitive, but it serves a gameplay balance purpose.

Whereas I think reputation is half assed, et's quite easy to drop most of it at will or at least avoiding it to skyrocket in the first place. After all, you don't need to promote by winning most of the races. Heck, that kind of promotion is actually most likely harmful, since bang for the buck a promo from 2nd or 3rd is usually more effective in terms of finances.

Finally, it isn't as if this came completely out of the blue. As Roland stated, the driver had even higher reputation a few races ago, so you hired him while knowing the renewal would be expensive.

---

José, es claro para mí que no sabes aún cómo funciona la reputación, lo cual siendo completamente franco es un bastante extraño para mí con tu experiencia de casi 700 carreras. Puede parecer un poco contraintuitivo, pero sirve un propósito para balance del juego.

Si bien considero que la reputación no está muy bien diseñada, es muy fácil perder la mayor parte de ella o al menos controlarla en primera instancia. No es preciso promover ganando todas las carreras. De hecho, este tipo de promoción normalmente es perjudicial, por cuanto promover en segundo o tercer lugar es usualmente más balanceado en términos de finanzas.

Por último, no es como si esto sucediera inesperadamente. Tal como Roland apuntó previamente, el piloto tenía más reputación hace poco, de manera que lo contrataste sabiendo que la renovación era costosa.
Jose Luis Monty
(Grupo Pro - 8)

País:
España 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (1)   No me gusta este mensaje (1)
Mensaje viejo #32 Publicado el 12-Jun-2018, 17:07:44 Citar 
I get it but it is not logical. My pilot only has won 11 race in rookie and 12 in amateur. Ascended to pro and I sign him in master in all the races I'm in the last. I lost 32 motivation points in 14 races but now I win 20 in a race in the category to which it belongs by history and OA. it's illogical for me.
I close theme because I see that you can not discuss anything. goodbye and until never

Lo entiendo pero no es logico. Mi piloto solo ha ganado 11 carreras en rookie y 12 en amateur, por OA su manager lo perdio y se quedo a tiro de fichar en master. Yo lo fiche para master y en todas las carreras se quedo de los ultimos. Perdio 32 puntos en 14 carreras y ahora gana 20 puntos en una carrera en la categoria que le pertenece por historial y OA quedando en mitad de tabla. Es ilogico.
Jose Luis Monty
(Grupo Pro - 8)

País:
España 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (0)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #33 Publicado el 12-Jun-2018, 17:09:30 Citar 
Quote ( Niels Wolters @ June 12th 2018,13:55:28 )

Cita (José Luis Monty @ 12 de junio de 2018,13: 34: 14)

Es injusto,

¿Cómo es esto injusto?

Conductor con 150OA que nunca anotó un punto frente a un piloto de 131 OA que gana todas las carreras (tal vez porque estaba en el mejor auto de la parrilla)

Este es un juego de gestión, si el controlador no se ajusta a sus planes (más) no lo haga (re) -signarlo

In amateur
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupo Retired)

Equipo de GPRO
  País:
Escocia 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (3)   No me gusta este mensaje (1)
Mensaje viejo #34 Publicado el 12-Jun-2018, 17:38:12 Citar 
Quote ( Jose Luis Monty @ June 12th 2018,17:07:44 )

I get it but it is not logical.

If you get it, then manage accordingly. If you think it's not logical and think another method would be better for the game, feel free to make a suggestion in the suggestion topic about changing it.

The fact you initially reported it as a bug strongly suggest you don't "get it".

If someone came in complaining about fuel not being correct, despite it doing exactly as it should, or tyre wear not being what they expected, despite it being exactly as it should, then they'd be wrong to blame the game for their mistakes. Reputation is just another game mechanic that you can learn and manage accordingly. And one of many aspects of the game that may give you something unexpected at some point (unless you're a total expert on the subject which most will not be). That doesn't mean it should be changed - it means that you've got more to learn.

And the best thing about this game, is there is usually always more to learn in some area :)
Martin Irla
(Grupo Pro - 17)

País:
Uruguay 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #35 Publicado el 12-Jun-2018, 18:01:11 Citar 
I think people are talking about 2 different things.....And its quite simple.I 100% agree with Jose Luis that is ilogical and reputation shouldnt work the way it does.But at the same time,we all know or should know how reputation works and its the same for anyone so we should manage accordinly to that,this shouldnt be a surprise....So,do i think it can be changed or improved???Yes...But at the same time,nobody should moan or blame anybody,its the rule and good or bad its the same for everyone...
Mauricio Angelucci
(Grupo Amateur - 66)

País:
Argentina 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #36 Publicado el 12-Jun-2018, 18:15:41 Citar 
Really interesting discussion about the reputation, I dont dominate at all so I find it clarifying. I have read another similar discussins, but in this one came out to me a question:

Quote ( Roland Postle @ June 9th 2018,14:22:11 )

What you're missing is that his Rep was much higher. Then when he first raced in Master (under the previous manager) he lost a lot. Now you take him back to Pro, he regained some of it. He still has significantly less than at the end of S63 (ie. when he was still just a Pro driver)

Quote ( Edwin Silva @ June 12th 2018,16:53:02 )

As Roland stated, the driver had even higher reputation a few races ago, so you hired him while knowing the renewal would be expensive.

So we need to know how the driver was going in each category? Seems like a tedius job looking for the record of each driver I could or could not hire on a specific category.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Grupo Elite)

País:
Países Bajos 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (1)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #37 Publicado el 12-Jun-2018, 18:22:13 Citar 
The most significant bit to look out for is recent performances. And as this case shows: a string of good performances spanning almost two seasons has racked up significantly more reputation than what could be lost in two seasons of mediocre results afterwards.

Alternatively, you could just be wary of the reputation that a driver has at the time you sign him/her ;)
Daniel Mason
(Grupo Amateur - 83)

País:
Estados Unidos 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #38 Publicado el 12-Jun-2018, 18:24:18 Citar 
Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ June 12th 2018,13:38:15 )

I think i’ve finally grasped the meaning of "going full monty"

You never go full monty...
Edwin Silva
(Grupo Master - 3)

País:
Colombia 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (1)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #39 Publicado el 12-Jun-2018, 18:46:24 Citar 
Quote ( Mauricio Angelucci @ June 12th 2018,18:15:41 )

So we need to know how the driver was going in each category? Seems like a tedius job looking for the record of each driver I could or could not hire on a specific category.

Most of the times you don't need to do anything. Reputation becomes concerning when a driver is extremely succesful. My current driver, for instance, had a bit of repu when I hired him (6), despite his performance up to that point was very good. He had almost 1 win each 11 races (the average driver should have 1 each 35/40) and 1 podium each 4 races (the average driver should have 1 each 12/13). Regardless, repu at 6 is meaningless.

The only concerning cases are with stellar performance drivers, and those are rarely out of market ones. Most times those drivers, instead, are nurtured ones.
Jesus Fernandez
(Grupo Master - 5)

País:
España 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (5)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #40 Publicado el 12-Jun-2018, 21:25:04 Citar 
I agree with what Martin Irla said. In my opinion some aspects of reputations don't make much sense in the game, and the one Jose Luis is saying is one of them.

I can give the example with my actual driver. The last season I was in Elite but when I realized I was going to relegate or damage a lot my economy I decided to contract a new driver that could be useful for a middle term project in Master. This driver had never race over Pro category, so in his first Elite race he lost about 18 points of reputation. But now in his first race on Master he recovered 20 points of reputation although he hadn´t raced ever before in Master.

So in my opinion according to this the system consider that my driver (who has level for being a good Pro driver) is not so good in Elite so he looses reputation. Until here it makes sense.
But then the system consider that as my driver has been in Elite (even if it´´s just for 3 races being in the last positions) he is quite good for Master, so he will recover even more points than he had previously.
This is what doesn´t make sense in my opinion because my driver never had Elite level, though I signed him in the last races in Elite but he is just a good Pro driver or a rookie Master driver with a good projection. I don´t think the system is very realistic when it suddenly gives my driver 20 points just for having relegate without considering the other facts that I have said before.

That is my experience with this very driver that I have signed just some races ago, but in my gpro experience I have had other cases that didn´t make much sense either. And I think Jose Luis problem is quite similar than the one I have explained here.
Página « 1 [2 Ir a la página:

Responder a este tema