Grand Prix Racing Online Foro > Formula One forum > [F1] 2019 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Agregar este tema a tu lista de ignorados Agregar este tema a tu lista de observados
Página [1
Autor Tema: [F1] 2019 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 13 respuestas
Lyee Chong
(Grupo Amateur - 61)

Equipo de GPRO
  País:
Malasia 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (4)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #1 Publicado el 29-Nov-2019, 06:10:48 Citar 
Niek Nijboer
(Grupo Amateur - 83)

País:
Países Bajos 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (1)   No me gusta este mensaje (2)
Mensaje viejo #2 Publicado el 1-Dic-2019, 16:17:43 Citar 
Well that was another boring GP of Abu Dhabi
Martti Kaasik
(Grupo Pro - 21)

País:
Estonia 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (2)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #3 Publicado el 1-Dic-2019, 16:26:14 Citar 
Not sure what you call boring race... I find it was above average for sure. Lot's of overtakes and close racing... Not that much crashes as some other so called "interesting races" like last one...
Cameron Halsall
(Grupo Amateur - 61)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (1)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #4 Publicado el 1-Dic-2019, 17:29:49 Citar 
Millions of young fans exposed to what happens when you get rid of DRS... an interesting race.
Josh Clark
(Grupo Pro - 23)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (3)   No me gusta este mensaje (1)
Mensaje viejo #5 Publicado el 1-Dic-2019, 20:11:17 Citar 
Yeah wasn't a bad race at all. Obviously if all you care about is the winner then it was shit, but if that's the case then you're a personality fan and not a motor racing fan.

The midfield battle was great. Perez on Norris was awesome and McLaren vs Renaults. I just wish the broadcast showed what was happening in those respective fights on the last lap rather than the non-existent fight beetween Bottas and Leclerc, and Hamilton crossing the line.
Paulo Pinto1
(Grupo Pro - 22)

País:
Portugal 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #6 Publicado el 2-Dic-2019, 09:27:57 Citar 
Actually the broadcast spent 90% of the race time showing what was happening in the midfield. If you don't care about the winner or you don't respect the work of the winners then you are not a motorsport fan, just a hater.
Andrew Wilden
(Grupo Pro - 22)

País:
Australia 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (4)   No me gusta este mensaje (1)
Mensaje viejo #7 Publicado el 2-Dic-2019, 09:40:18 (última edición el 2-Dic-2019, 09:41:12 por Andrew Wilden) Citar 
Personally I thought it was a great race, but, inparticular the first 18 or 19 laps when DRS was disabled due to tech issues.

It creates IMO better, closer racing, showing driver skill and talent. Not fake overtaking from mechanical means.

I wish it was removed permanently.

Young, new F1 fans that have never seen a non DRS race, may be thinking about this as well. Creates much closer racing, particularly in the mid pack.

Michael Jones
(Grupo Pro - 25)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (1)   No me gusta este mensaje (2)
Mensaje viejo #8 Publicado el 2-Dic-2019, 10:00:25 Citar 
I dont know what other countries get there broadcast from but I turned the sound down on my tv because I was fed up off hearing the radio conversation of a spoilt brat who was having car trouble.

It does surprise me how so called english motor sport fans hate Lewis.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Grupo Elite)

País:
Bélgica 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #9 Publicado el 2-Dic-2019, 12:52:29 Citar 
Quote ( Paulo Pinto @ December 2nd 2019,09:27:57 )

Actually the broadcast spent 90% of the race time showing what was happening in the midfield. If you don't care about the winner or you don't respect the work of the winners then you are not a motorsport fan, just a hater.

But when it mattered most, they did not even bother to show replays. There was a whole cooldown lap and other boring stuff to show replays, but we never saw what happened in the final lap:
- how did Perez pass Norris?
- how did Hülkenberg drop from P10 to P12?

I agree we saw quite a few midfield battles, but I was still disappointed that the final lap was simply ignored by the TV directors.
Martti Kaasik
(Grupo Pro - 21)

País:
Estonia 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (0)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #10 Publicado el 2-Dic-2019, 14:37:40 Citar 
Quote ( Paulo Pinto @ December 2nd 2019,09:27:57 )

If you don't care about the winner or you don't respect the work of the winners then you are not a motorsport fan, just a hater.
That would of been really interesting race if we would of seen 55 laps of Hamilton...
Quote ( Andrew Wilden @ December 2nd 2019,09:40:18 )

Personally I thought it was a great race, but, inparticular the first 18 or 19 laps when DRS was disabled due to tech issues.

It creates IMO better, closer racing, showing driver skill and talent. Not fake overtaking from mechanical means.

No DRS means a lot of blocking and a lot less overtakes... I think some races would be enough just to make qualy and rest of the race is pointless... I want to see more close racing and I hope it will happen with new regulation in 2021 but now without DRS second car should be 2-3 sec per lap faster even to have a chance to overtake...
Paulo Pinto1
(Grupo Pro - 22)

País:
Portugal 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #11 Publicado el 2-Dic-2019, 16:08:18 Citar 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ December 2nd 2019,12:52:29 )

they did not even bother to show replays.

That was indeed bad. Quite strange but yeah... not normal at all.
Riley Dunlop
(Grupo Pro - 22)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #12 Publicado el 2-Dic-2019, 22:18:37 Citar 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ December 2nd 2019,12:52:29 )

- how did Perez pass Norris?

Not sure if you have seen it yet:

https://twitter.com/F1/status/1201250869997490177
Luke Frost
(Grupo Rookie - 11)

País:
Australia 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (2)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #13 Publicado el 3-Dic-2019, 00:10:04 (última edición el 3-Dic-2019, 00:11:38 por Luke Frost) Citar 
Quote ( Andrew Wilden @ December 2nd 2019,09:40:18 )

Young, new F1 fans that have never seen a non DRS race, may be thinking about this as well. Creates much closer racing, particularly in the mid pack.

This is very true. The DRS makes the racing more boring because the drivers just maintain a gap until the zone starts. In effect there's actually no overtaking, it's car over driver.

If DRS was never added, drivers like Ricciardo, Perez & Kobayashi would be given more opportunities based on their ability to make awesome moves despite the aero dirty air. Oh snd Grosjean, who never stops destroying races with his lack of judgement, would be long gone even if his sponsors try to give a billion....
Tim Wagner
(Grupo Pro - 7)

País:
Alemania 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #14 Publicado el 3-Dic-2019, 12:48:32 Citar 
I am not sure if it's that simple. You've seen how a race without DRS works on a crap track like Abu Dhabi - You can't get past and the race is shite.

Just remember 2010, when Alonso was stuck behind Petrov despite having a car that was a second a lap faster. With DRS - Easy Pass. But back then there wasn't one and it was impossible for him to pass.

Vettel complained on German TV that it was their idea to push past Max with softer tyres, maximum straightline speed and DRS, but because the latter didn't work, he couldn't get close because of dirty air heating and damaging the tyres too much.

F1 needs to change the way the cars work first, and then we can scrap DRS. Lets see how the 2021 changes work out.
Página [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Foro > Formula One forum > [F1] 2019 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Agregar este tema a tu lista de ignorados Agregar este tema a tu lista de observados

Responder a este tema