Grand Prix Racing Online Foro > Suggestions forum > Dont pit for weather change based on remaining laps Agregar este tema a tu lista de ignorados Agregar este tema a tu lista de observados
Página [1
Autor Tema: Dont pit for weather change based on remaining laps 28 respuestas
Matthew Dunn
(Grupo Amateur - 50)

País:
Francia 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (10)   No me gusta este mensaje (4)
Mensaje viejo #1 Publicado el 22-May-2020, 13:20:05 Citar 
Just like not pitting for technical reasons based on remaining laps it might be nice to be able to do same thing for weather change. So keep the wait x laps before tyre change bit also specify max remaining laps to take weather change into account.

It just adds a little bit more strategic control during race, allowong you to estimate time lost due to being wrong tyres vs extra stop, useful in changeable conditions, when rain stops more than once in a race.

Debate welcome, dont bite my head of for suggestion 😁, this forum section is always the most dangerous to post in.
Matthew Dunn
(Grupo Amateur - 50)

País:
Francia 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (0)   No me gusta este mensaje (1)
Mensaje viejo #2 Publicado el 22-May-2020, 13:21:07 Citar 
There was supposed to be a poll on this but it hasnt appeared... Anyone know how to add a yes no poll after the fact?
Keith Partridge
(Grupo Amateur - 22)

País:
Gales 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #3 Publicado el 22-May-2020, 13:24:01 Citar 
I have been pushing for this for years.... never got anywhere so hopefully you will have more luck. I cannot remember the reasons given by those defending the status quo so will be interested to hear them again.

And sorry no idea on polls........
Matthew Dunn
(Grupo Amateur - 50)

País:
Francia 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #4 Publicado el 22-May-2020, 13:24:12 Citar 
Duplicate with poll /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=29457#scroll

A. Mod can delete this...
Lech Witarczyk
(Grupo Amateur - 33)

País:
Polonia 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (1)   No me gusta este mensaje (1)
Mensaje viejo #5 Publicado el 22-May-2020, 13:25:04 Citar 
Quote ( Keith Partridge @ May 22nd 2020,13:24:01 )

I have been pushing for this for years.... never got anywhere so hopefully you will have more luck. I cannot remember the reasons given by those defending the status quo so will be interested to hear them again.

My guess is that "it was always this way" :)
Mark Witney
(Grupo Amateur - 46)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (2)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #6 Publicado el 22-May-2020, 13:33:03 Citar 
Quote ( Lech Witarczyk @ May 22nd 2020,13:25:04 )

Probably!

It is logical that you should have an option like this, a bit of rain 2 laps from the end of a race wouldn't usually have everyone rushing to change tyres, yet in GPRO it is the only current option in mixed weather (lottery) races. It is a logical improvement, but there is certainly a feeling that these kind of things need to come from "a particular section" of players for them to be considered and/or implemented.
Keith Partridge
(Grupo Amateur - 22)

País:
Gales 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #7 Publicado el 22-May-2020, 13:34:56 Citar 
Quote ( Mark Witney @ May 22nd 2020,13:33:03 )

Quote ( Lech Witarczyk @ May 22nd 2020,13:25:04 )

Probably!

It is logical that you should have an option like this, a bit of rain 2 laps from the end of a race wouldn't usually have everyone rushing to change tyres, yet in GPRO it is the only current option in mixed weather (lottery) races. It is a logical improvement, but there is certainly a feeling that these kind of things need to come from "a particular section" of players for them to be considered and/or implemented.

@Mark Witney (A46) are you suggesting we are not part of the"particular section" !!!!!
Matthew Dunn
(Grupo Amateur - 50)

País:
Francia 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (0)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #8 Publicado el 22-May-2020, 13:39:08 Citar 
Lets pm the elite and masters 😁
Peter Willmore
(Grupo Amateur - 13)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (1)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #9 Publicado el 22-May-2020, 13:43:44 (última edición el 22-May-2020, 13:46:38 por Peter Willmore) Citar 
Although I quite like the idea, I guess it's a case of opening a can of worms and you don't want to end up with a massive list of things to go through in the race strategy page(people already winge when they make a mistake on there with the limited options available)

also one might say that you would end up in no different a situation becasue everyone would work out the cut off point of it being worth it, much like when it is raining in q2/race start.

Also just to say the reason most ideas are shot down is because they are change for changes sake or born out of someones own mistake :)

A good suggestions should outline all the Pro's and con's which the person suggesting it can think of and every idea has con's regardless of how great people might think it is :-)

Mark Witney
(Grupo Amateur - 46)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (4)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #10 Publicado el 22-May-2020, 13:45:24 (última edición el 22-May-2020, 13:46:42 por Mark Witney) Citar 
Quote ( Keith Partridge @ May 22nd 2020,13:34:56 )

@Mark Witney (A46) are you suggesting we are not part of the"particular section" !!!!!

Well.... I am saying that I think some have a "louder" voices than others, if A,B & C want something it can be scoffed at by some. If X,Y & Z suggest something, there are those that would automatically fawn over any such suggestion.

Just my 2 cents and if anyone takes it personally, then yes, it probably does apply to you. :)
Keith Partridge
(Grupo Amateur - 22)

País:
Gales 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #11 Publicado el 22-May-2020, 13:57:42 Citar 
Quote ( Peter Willmore @ May 22nd 2020,13:43:44 )

Although I quite like the idea, I guess it's a case of opening a can of worms and you don't want to end up with a massive list of things to go through in the race strategy page(people already winge when they make a mistake on there with the limited options available)

also one might say that you would end up in no different a situation becasue everyone would work out the cut off point of it being worth it, much like when it is raining in q2/race start.

Also just to say the reason most ideas are shot down is because they are change for changes sake or born out of someones own mistake :)

A good suggestions should outline all the Pro's and con's which the person suggesting it can think of and every idea has con's regardless of how great people might think it is :-)

Peter

I cannot speak for Matthew but when I suggested it the Pros and Cons were as follows

Pros.

Add another tactical element to the game where you need to work out for a particular track/temperature how long wet tyres would last in the dry and what speed loss would there be (if any!) or conversely what the performance of the dry tyres in the wet would be , both of these compared to the time lost making a pit stop

Remove a random element where player A benefits just by having "Wait 2 laps" over player B with "Wait 0 laps" if it rains with 2 laps to go......

Cons

1 additional box to be added to the already busy race set up screen... although this could POSSIBLY be incorporated into the existing technical problem box.....

No idea of the complexity to the change for the code. Although the basis must be there already for the aforesaid technical issue
Mark Pinnick
(Grupo Pro - 6)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (3)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #12 Publicado el 22-May-2020, 14:53:18 Citar 
Quote ( Keith Partridge @ May 22nd 2020,13:57:42 )

Remove a random element where player A benefits just by having "Wait 2 laps" over player B with "Wait 0 laps" if it rains with 2 laps to go......

Surely that's not a random element though? It's a judgement call. There are already plenty of ways you can adapt your strategy to cover whichever outcome(s) you think most likely.

One such example would be a mid-pack manager taking a chance on rain coming at the end, and not pitting on the return of rain; most front-runners might be covering off he option of rain returning with plenty of laps left, so by staying out you might sneak some points.

This suggestion just removes another variable. But it's the variables which make the racing, in my opinion.
Amitesh Patnaik
(Grupo Rookie - 52)

País:
India 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #13 Publicado el 22-May-2020, 15:27:07 Citar 

Quote ( Keith Partridge @ May 22nd 2020,13:57:42 )

This suggestion just removes another variable. But it's the variables which make the racing, in my opinion.

Agreed, it's more fun this way.
Toni Kazanjyan
(Grupo Amateur - 59)

País:
Bélgica 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #14 Publicado el 22-May-2020, 15:57:03 Citar 
once i have tried to pot 7 lap after rain stops but the worn so fast
wet tyre could not have more than 6 laps in case of they are 0% worn

therefore wet tyre can’t be helpful in dry weather
yet i have no experience when it comes to dry tyre in wet conditions.
Zé Pedro Paula
(Grupo Rookie - 62)

País:
Mozambique 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (0)   No me gusta este mensaje (3)
Mensaje viejo #15 Publicado el 22-May-2020, 17:04:06 Citar 

I cannot remember the reasons given by those defending the status quo so will be interested to hear them again

No need. I remember like it was yesterday. It's multi-choice.

A. Nerd Thing
B. Gamblers Thing
C. There is probably "the way" (around) to do this.
D. Those other "buttons" are not for what you think they are.
Max Watson
(Grupo Amateur - 75)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #16 Publicado el 22-May-2020, 17:14:25 Citar 

It is a logical improvement, but there is certainly a feeling that these kind of things need to come from "a particular section" of players for them to be considered and/or implemented.

I love you dearly Witters, but I can't agree here. Each suggestion made is weighed on its merits and demerits, particularly these days. While it certainly helps if those making suggestions have enough experience in the game to properly assess all the possible effects of what they're proposing, no suggestion will be maligned simply because its maker is not GPRO royalty.
Alan Milligan
(Grupo Rookie - 60)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #17 Publicado el 22-May-2020, 17:38:44 Citar 
I don't really see the point of this, in reality everyone will just set it the same every race to whatever the optimal lap is based off lap times. Now I need to test dry tyres on every track in the rain? This is silly. Its not realistic either, GPRO weather goes from full dry to full wet, I'm sure if you could 'poll' the drivers they would be pretty against being forced to stay out in the pouring rain. I know thats just a 'role-play' reason but IMO it hurts immersion. The way it is now is a level playing field so everyone faces the same circumstances. If we change this then new players will be at a disadvantage until they gather huge amounts of really dumb data.
Tibor Szuromi
(Grupo Pro - 20)

País:
Hungría 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (0)   No me gusta este mensaje (2)
Mensaje viejo #18 Publicado el 22-May-2020, 17:48:08 Citar 
Quote ( Alan Milligan @ May 22nd 2020,17:38:44 )

The way it is now is a level playing field so everyone faces the same circumstances.
wisecrack
Alessandro Casagrande
(Grupo Pro - 13)

País:
Italia 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #19 Publicado el 22-May-2020, 18:19:32 Citar 
Quote ( Alessandro Casagrande @ May 22nd 2020,17:58:26 )

It would be just a basic calculation to decide how many laps on wrong tyres you can do to match the time lost due to the pit stop. I don't see much strategy in it.

Mark Witney
(Grupo Amateur - 46)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #20 Publicado el 22-May-2020, 18:45:11 (última edición el 22-May-2020, 19:15:20 por Mark Witney) Citar 
Quote ( Max Watson @ May 22nd 2020,17:14:25 )

It is a logical improvement, but there is certainly a feeling that these kind of things need to come from "a particular section" of players for them to be considered and/or implemented.

I love you dearly Witters, but I can't agree here. Each suggestion made is weighed on its merits and demerits, particularly these days. While it certainly helps if those making suggestions have enough experience in the game to properly assess all the possible effects of what they're proposing, no suggestion will be maligned simply because its maker is not GPRO royalty.

Sorry Doc., :) You have to accept that more credence is given to some, I've been around 60+ seasons, some suggestions have been just plain crazy, but others (like this one) have been reasonable. If the right person "liked" it, there would be plenty more that followed.
Keith Partridge
(Grupo Amateur - 22)

País:
Gales 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (2)   No me gusta este mensaje (4)
Mensaje viejo #21 Publicado el 22-May-2020, 22:19:46 Citar 
Perfect example tonight of why the option is needed....
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupo Pro - 13)

País:
Finlandia 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (13)   No me gusta este mensaje (1)
Mensaje viejo #22 Publicado el 22-May-2020, 22:35:02 Citar 
Quote ( Keith Partridge @ May 22nd 2020,22:19:46 )

Perfect example tonight why the option should not exist
Eray Alakese
(Grupo Rookie - 115)

País:
Turquía 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (4)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #23 Publicado el 22-May-2020, 22:38:59 Citar 
Probably I have less experience with weather changes than yours but I love the "surprise" of last minute weather changes. An option like "don't change tires if weather changes and only X laps left", which will ruin this "surprise" feeling.
Iain Bartholomew
(Grupo Master - 3)

País:
Escocia 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (5)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #24 Publicado el 22-May-2020, 22:39:01 Citar 
I'm with Mikko. It's already possible to achieve this with the existing mechanics.
Sandro Medeiros
(Grupo Amateur - 59)

País:
Brasil 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #25 Publicado el 22-May-2020, 22:47:59 Citar 
I like the idea.
Tibor Szuromi
(Grupo Pro - 20)

País:
Hungría 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #26 Publicado el 22-May-2020, 22:52:15 Citar 
I was not surprised by the rain at the end of the race.
Alex Melzer
(Grupo Rookie - 95)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #27 Publicado el 22-May-2020, 23:13:35 Citar 
I would have loved that option today, pitting in lap 79 of 80... *sigh*
Alessandro Casagrande
(Grupo Pro - 13)

País:
Italia 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #28 Publicado el 23-May-2020, 00:01:34 Citar 
Quote ( Keith Partridge @ May 22nd 2020,22:19:46 )

Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ May 22nd 2020,22:35:02 )

Perfect example tonight why the option should not exist

What Mikko says!
Gary Taylor
(Grupo Rookie - 139)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #29 Publicado el 23-May-2020, 01:59:34 Citar 
Quote ( Alex Melzer @ May 22nd 2020,23:13:35 )

I would have loved that option today, pitting in lap 79 of 80... *sigh*

I always pit 1 or 2 laps from the finish, regardless of the rain. It's just my thing.
Página [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Foro > Suggestions forum > Dont pit for weather change based on remaining laps Agregar este tema a tu lista de ignorados Agregar este tema a tu lista de observados

Responder a este tema