Grand Prix Racing Online Foro > Forum games > [MAFIA] FGC VIII - 2021 summer - Jester in town! - GAME OVER Agregar este tema a tu lista de ignorados Agregar este tema a tu lista de observados
Página « 1 2 3 ... 41 [4243 ... 55 56 57 » Ir a la página:
Autor Tema: [MAFIA] FGC VIII - 2021 summer - Jester in town! - GAME OVER 1681 respuestas
Ricardo Antunes
(Grupo Amateur - 28)

País:
Portugal 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (0)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #1230 Publicado el 16-Sep-2021, 00:34:09 Citar 
I like how Quentin repeated information he quoted, then Kai quoted Quentin and repeated what he said and then Quentin reacted almost shocked at that revelation

What a bizarre exchange of posts.
Jonathan Beagles
(Grupo Pro - 20)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #1231 Publicado el 16-Sep-2021, 00:34:23 Citar 
Quote ( Chew Kai Wen @ September 16th 2021,00:21:26 )

You might not agree, but you can also think of it this way: If you were mafia, would you rather have to face a huge bunch of experienced players in the next day which might compromise your chances, or would you rather kill someone that has no reads, cannot provide much information or substance to the rest of us, so everyone would be in confusion in the next day?

Well...if I was Mafia, I'd want to get rid of anyone that might figure me out. An inactive newbie would be way down my list of likely people to cause this.

Kinda a dumb way to try and look for buddying. You know just as well as I do from playing mafia that everyone will have different styles of play - Whether someone would do the same thing as me or not doesn't tell you much about how they will be playing this game.

I don't think there's any "dumb way" to look for buddying. The fact that anyone is looking for buddying (if they're town) is only a good thing for us...doesn't mean I'm correct, but I don't think you should be discouraging people from looking for buddying in the game! Although it is admittedly a more effective ploy once 1 Mafia is uncovered.

That takes me back to my theory that this game is either an epic effort by two newbies, or more likely two experienced players. You and Ric are the only two experienced players left!

And you never considered the possibility of a noob + experienced scum, with experienced scum tutoring the noob at night?

Based on the D1 Nightkill, I've all but discounted it. It's not impossible - but that's such a huge risk. You're asking a newbie to cope with the potential pressure that that lynch would put on the newbies in particular (if you look at who was suspected in D2, Mike and Quentin were under real scrutiny - backing up my theory that an experienced Mafia would have realised that and not risked it).

And I posted that in detail on D2 - so, considered? Yes. Become convinced that it's incredibly unlikely? Also yes. The fact you said I "never considered" it makes me wonder if you were skimming D2? Feeling safe and secure because the newbies had more attention than you, so didn't feel the need to take all the details in?

Ric/Kai partnership still a strong contender for me...we've made a huge mis-step based on mis-reading newbie play already with Mike. I'm concerned we're doing the same with Quentin.

Quote ( Quentin Rieg @ September 16th 2021,00:28:40 )

They could also have taken that risk, thinking people will find impossible the fact that mafia uses level 1 thinking. As I said to Kai (that's what he didn't understand), obvious moves are sometimes efficient, as nobody can imagine them...

Possible - but I don't think we can just accept that at face value. Doesn't mean it's wrong, but does mean it's probably a lesser possibility.

Once again, don't you understand that the world isn't Black and White ? You can find some suspicious behaviours about someone without thinking he IS scum (just he could be scum)

Yes, but why mention he is a possible townie? It's more the phrasing that I find odd tbh. Linguistic semantics from me again I suppose lol :P

Did I say that it was the only possibility ? I said the only pair I SEE, not the only pair that exists. Maybe both of Mafia guys have tried to avoid speaking about each other and I can't see them.

I don't get the distinction you're making here. I'm saying that you think there is only 1 possibility. You are saying it's the only possibility you see. To me that is the same thing. Would it help if I said that I'm suggesting you only "see" there is 1 possibility rather than you only "think" there is?
Quentin Rieg
(Grupo Rookie - 96)

País:
Francia 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #1232 Publicado el 16-Sep-2021, 00:36:01 Citar 
Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ September 16th 2021,00:19:49 )

I would reread D2 to have a better description of my read on you.

Of course it was exagerated but my mind on you only went on one way while tours went on several ways...

Anyway I will stop posting on you and will try to look for other hints about other people, because even if you're scum, you're not the only one there.
Quentin Rieg
(Grupo Rookie - 96)

País:
Francia 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #1233 Publicado el 16-Sep-2021, 00:37:14 Citar 
Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ September 16th 2021,00:34:09 )

I like how Quentin repeated information he quoted, then Kai quoted Quentin and repeated what he said and then Quentin reacted almost shocked at that revelation

What a bizarre exchange of posts.

Yeah I'm stupid I didn't read Kai's post well lol
Ricardo Antunes
(Grupo Amateur - 28)

País:
Portugal 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #1234 Publicado el 16-Sep-2021, 00:39:21 Citar 

They could also have taken that risk, thinking people will find impossible the fact that mafia uses level 1 thinking. As I said to Kai (that's what he didn't understand), obvious moves are sometimes efficient, as nobody can imagine them...

In the previous episode of "saying what i was thinking when i made that kill in N1"
Quentin Rieg
(Grupo Rookie - 96)

País:
Francia 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #1235 Publicado el 16-Sep-2021, 00:43:28 Citar 
Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ September 16th 2021,00:34:23 )

Yes, but why mention he is a possible townie? It's more the phrasing that I find odd tbh. Linguistic semantics from me again I suppose lol :)

Because I'm a bit scared of what would happen if we were two townies wasting our respective time... I don't want to spend all my energy on only one people

I don't get the distinction you're making here. I'm saying that you think there is only 1 possibility. You are saying it's the only possibility you see. To me that is the same thing. Would it help if I said that I'm suggesting you only "see" there is 1 possibility rather than you only "think" there is?

Possibilities spotted : 1
Possibilities not spotted yet : many, because I have several names on my list of suspects
Ricardo Antunes
(Grupo Amateur - 28)

País:
Portugal 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #1236 Publicado el 16-Sep-2021, 00:43:53 Citar 

Ric/Kai partnership still a strong contender for me...we've made a huge mis-step based on mis-reading newbie play already with Mike. I'm concerned we're doing the same with Quentin.

We have a LOT of new players and a lot of players who do not enjoy playing the game which makes this a very weird game. Especially with a setup including the Jester. Everyone is kinda all over the place so it is a good playground for scum (as if scum didnt win enough already in gpro)

But Jonathan. Changes in behaviour from one day to the other is EXACTLY what scum does and it is EXACTLY what is happening with Quentin! It is a risk but damn it im willing to take it because otherwise we are just delaying our doom for another day. If he didnt enter like that i would have gone for the no lynch but honestly, Quentin seems so scum...
Ricardo Antunes
(Grupo Amateur - 28)

País:
Portugal 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #1237 Publicado el 16-Sep-2021, 00:44:52 Citar 
Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ September 16th 2021,00:43:53 )

Possibilities not spotted yet : many, because I have several names on my list of suspects

Good call: share the pyramid sir
Quentin Rieg
(Grupo Rookie - 96)

País:
Francia 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #1238 Publicado el 16-Sep-2021, 00:44:58 Citar 
Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ September 16th 2021,00:39:21 )

In the previous episode of "saying what i was thinking when i made that kill in N1"

Why would an experimented player let me do this then ?
Ricardo Antunes
(Grupo Amateur - 28)

País:
Portugal 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #1239 Publicado el 16-Sep-2021, 00:45:33 Citar 
Lol they wouldnt but its instinct and even i did it last game
Quentin Rieg
(Grupo Rookie - 96)

País:
Francia 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #1240 Publicado el 16-Sep-2021, 00:46:37 Citar 

But Jonathan. Changes in behaviour from one day to the other is EXACTLY what scum does and it is EXACTLY what is happening with Quentin! It is a risk but damn it im willing to take it because otherwise we are just delaying our doom for another day. If he didnt enter like that i would have gone for the no lynch but honestly, Quentin seems so scum...

If I was scum, I wouldn't talk that much (yes Reverse psychology exists I know)
Chew Kai Wen
(Grupo Elite)

Equipo de GPRO
  País:
Singapur 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #1241 Publicado el 16-Sep-2021, 00:47:16 Citar 

Based on the D1 Nightkill, I've all but discounted it. It's not impossible - but that's such a huge risk. You're asking a newbie to cope with the potential pressure that that lynch would put on the newbies in particular (if you look at who was suspected in D2, Mike and Quentin were under real scrutiny - backing up my theory that an experienced Mafia would have realised that and not risked it).

And I posted that in detail on D2 - so, considered? Yes. Become convinced that it's incredibly unlikely? Also yes. The fact you said I "never considered" it makes me wonder if you were skimming D2? Feeling safe and secure because the newbies had more attention than you, so didn't feel the need to take all the details in?

Lol? I just love how you are just going back to your D1 antics of word play. My question in essence was just asking if you have not considered this possibility when you made your earlier statement? I can't read your mind, so your definitive statement obviously would make me want to question you on that regard.

And anyways, I don't see how D1 NK could have gotten you to discount this possibility. Mike and Quentin were put under pressure, but were other new players put under pressure? Jason has managed to stay slightly under the radar so far, and Keith is well......Keith. Why only look at 2 of the new players and not at all of them?

Ricardo Antunes
(Grupo Amateur - 28)

País:
Portugal 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #1242 Publicado el 16-Sep-2021, 00:47:45 Citar 
Oh please you are very confident in your victory because you are so close! And you are getting eager and nervous, been there done that.

But im going to spoil your party ;)
Quentin Rieg
(Grupo Rookie - 96)

País:
Francia 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #1243 Publicado el 16-Sep-2021, 00:48:04 Citar 
Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ September 16th 2021,00:45:33 )

Lol they wouldnt

You got it right. Apart from a Keith-me pair, this wouldn't work
Ricardo Antunes
(Grupo Amateur - 28)

País:
Portugal 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #1244 Publicado el 16-Sep-2021, 00:48:52 Citar 
Nice parcial quoting Quentin.
Quentin Rieg
(Grupo Rookie - 96)

País:
Francia 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #1245 Publicado el 16-Sep-2021, 00:49:17 Citar 
Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ September 16th 2021,00:47:45 )

Oh please you are very confident in your victory because you are so close! And you are getting eager and nervous, been there done that.

But im going to spoil your party ;)

How can I be confident when i already have one vote against me and at l'est two guys thinking they could vote against me ? (Jon and Keith)
Ricardo Antunes
(Grupo Amateur - 28)

País:
Portugal 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #1246 Publicado el 16-Sep-2021, 00:50:56 Citar 

Quote ( Chew Kai Wen @ September 16th 2021,00:47:16 )

How can I be confident when i already have one vote against me and at l'est two guys thinking they could vote against me ? (Jon and Keith)

Because you werent expecting that pressure were you? You came in D3 confident now lets see if that slips away or not ;)
Quentin Rieg
(Grupo Rookie - 96)

País:
Francia 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #1247 Publicado el 16-Sep-2021, 00:52:21 Citar 
Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ September 16th 2021,00:44:52 )

Good call: share the pyramid sir

People will tell me I'm shitposting but here we go

TTT :
TT :
T :
- : Kai
S : Ric, Keith
SS : Jon, Jason
SSS :

At this point, nobody can be placed in townie category
Quentin Rieg
(Grupo Rookie - 96)

País:
Francia 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #1248 Publicado el 16-Sep-2021, 00:54:46 Citar 
Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ September 16th 2021,00:50:56 )

Because you werent expecting that pressure were you? You came in D3 confident now lets see if that slips away or not ;)

I was expecting this because almost every time I post you find something weird in it lol, I'm used to it now :D

On the other side, I'm not confident at all because if you are not scum, I'm currently using my last chance to save the town...
Ricardo Antunes
(Grupo Amateur - 28)

País:
Portugal 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #1249 Publicado el 16-Sep-2021, 01:15:28 Citar 
Well this was quite the start of day. Think Quentin is scum. There have been a lot of tells in this game but we shoved it away as noobness or bait, now its timr to face it i think. I personally cannot ignore so many clues to Quentin being scum.
Jonathan Beagles
(Grupo Pro - 20)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #1250 Publicado el 16-Sep-2021, 01:27:49 Citar 
Quote ( Quentin Rieg @ September 16th 2021,00:43:28 )

Ok...so whose your next most likely possibility? Let's see if we can't help you see a 2nd possibility ;)

I do follow your logic here...it's certainly fishy, no denying it.

My question in essence was just asking if you have not considered this possibility when you made your earlier statement? I can't read your mind, so your definitive statement obviously would make me want to question you on that regard.

I posted about it, so had clearly considered it? Defensive much...?

And anyways, I don't see how D1 NK could have gotten you to discount this possibility. Mike and Quentin were put under pressure, but were other new players put under pressure? Jason has managed to stay slightly under the radar so far, and Keith is well......Keith. Why only look at 2 of the new players and not at all of them?

I'm not just looking at the two new players you suggest - though I think I used them as an example in an earlier post this day. I read Keith's post in D2 as a town slip, so while it's not impossible he's Mafia I'm inclined to believe him more than others - my point is more that it's a really risky NK for the newbies...which the newbies wouldn't have necessarily known, but experienced players would have done.

I've decided I'm going to reserve my vote until tomorrow night at least, as that'll be the last time I can look at this properly in detail for a few days - just FYI I have a company holiday from Friday morning until Sunday afternoon (activities planned for all involved pretty much all day every day and late drunken nights every evening!), so expect very limited involvement from me then. Will be back online (albeit tres hungover!) on Sunday and should be on Monday if work doesn't keep me too long into the evening.
Joachim Vaes
(Grupo Master - 2)

Moderador del tema
  País:
Bélgica 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #1251 Publicado el 16-Sep-2021, 11:30:04 Citar 
Official Vote Count 3.1

Ricardo Antunes (0)
Jonathan Beagles (0)
Quentin Rieg (1) - Ricardo
Jason Mathias (0)
Keith Partridge (0)
Chew Kai Wen (0)

Not voting (5) - Jonathan, Quentin, Jason, Keith, Chew

With 6 players alive, it will require 4 votes to achieve a lynch decision.
Day 3 Lynch deadline is Monday, 20th of September, 20:00:00 CET.

Quentin Rieg
(Grupo Rookie - 96)

País:
Francia 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #1252 Publicado el 16-Sep-2021, 21:16:11 Citar 
Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ September 16th 2021,01:27:49 )

Ok...so whose your next most likely possibility? Let's see if we can't help you see a 2nd possibility ;)

OK we have to find these mafia guys now so I will speak again

Other possibilities are Ricardo-Keith, or Ricardo-Kai maybe ?
Ricardo Antunes
(Grupo Amateur - 28)

País:
Portugal 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #1253 Publicado el 16-Sep-2021, 21:25:01 Citar 
No idea if you said this before but why not Ricardo-Jon, Kai-Jon or Kai-Keith
?
Quentin Rieg
(Grupo Rookie - 96)

País:
Francia 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #1254 Publicado el 16-Sep-2021, 21:30:43 Citar 
I don't really know, "hunch" as Keith said :)
But you had some talks with Kai and Keith, a bit less with others
But you will send I'm shitposting and you're not totally wrong but Jon forced me to give other possibilities
Ricardo Antunes
(Grupo Amateur - 28)

País:
Portugal 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #1255 Publicado el 16-Sep-2021, 21:35:19 Citar 
You and your hunches lol
Jonathan Beagles
(Grupo Pro - 20)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #1256 Publicado el 16-Sep-2021, 21:54:47 Citar 
Quote ( Quentin Rieg @ September 16th 2021,21:16:11 )

OK we have to find these mafia guys now so I will speak again

Other possibilities are Ricardo-Keith, or Ricardo-Kai maybe ?

Which do you consider a more likely Mafia pair - and why?

NB - your lack of effective contributions and minimal responses has me suspecting you as Mafia, just in case you're wondering.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Voting time for me - honestly don't think I've agonised over a Mafia decision this much ever!

So I've been looking at whether to vote for Ric or Quentin and honestly either could be Mafia (though both being Mafia is unlikely - given Ric has voted for Quentin, which would be impressive distancing if they are both Mafia! Although if it is distancing then it doesn't really matter who I vote for I suppose...). As such, I've been looking at a risk v reward idea here...

If I vote Quentin - and he is Town, then all it takes is 2 Mafia to jump on board and it's game over for the Town before we get more time on this day. Auto-lynch, auto-loss :(

If I vote Ric then there's minimal risk of an early lynch before I get back on Sunday afternoon and I can look at things properly again.

Given the risks involved, coupled with Ric's flipping between no lynch and then voting...while I understand why he placed the vote on Quentin (undeniably scummy behaviour) the fact that Ric placed any vote at all is what is unusual to me, after advocating for no-lynch early on.

Honestly, I'm becoming more and more convinced that there MUST be an experienced scum involvement here to get this far I'd have thought (otherwise damn impressive from newbie scum) and so:

##Vote Ricardo

Worth noting I would be fine with lynching (near the end of the day) any of Ric, Kai or Quentin as it stands FYI. NB - Keith's Town slip in D2 means I'm not considering him a good choice, while Jason seems to be generally trying to contribute in a townie way, though I'm not ruling out the possibility of him being Mafia and playing a strong game under the radar though.
Keith Partridge
(Grupo Rookie - 20)

País:
Gales 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #1257 Publicado el 16-Sep-2021, 22:19:27 Citar 
Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ September 16th 2021,21:54:47 )

honestly don't think I've agonised over a Mafia decision this much ever!

Glad you said that... this game has taken about 90% of the time I have spent on all the FGC games......

Honestly, I'm becoming more and more convinced that there MUST be an experienced scum involvement here to get this far I'd have thought (otherwise damn impressive from newbie scum)

Same here...But I have no idea which one..... or ones.....

I will not be voting any time soon so there is unlikely to be a lynching before you return....
Jason Mathias
(Grupo Amateur - 33)

País:
India 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #1258 Publicado el 16-Sep-2021, 22:24:29 Citar 
I would also like to save my vote till the last day. The reason I'm doing that is because I haven't got a clue who the mafia is
Quentin Rieg
(Grupo Rookie - 96)

País:
Francia 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #1259 Publicado el 16-Sep-2021, 22:34:10 Citar 

NB - your lack of effective contributions and minimal responses has me suspecting you as Mafia, just in case you're wondering.

Are you joking ?

Me : "I don't have a clue about other possibilities"
Jon : "please find other possibilities"
Me : *posting possibilities based on hunches*
Jon : "oh that's suspect you don't give any proof"
Página « 1 2 3 ... 41 [4243 ... 55 56 57 » Ir a la página:
Grand Prix Racing Online Foro > Forum games > [MAFIA] FGC VIII - 2021 summer - Jester in town! - GAME OVER Agregar este tema a tu lista de ignorados Agregar este tema a tu lista de observados

Responder a este tema