Sivu [12 3 » Siirry suoraan sivulle:
Aloittaja Aihe: Tyres pitstop strategy 68 vastausta
Aleksey Shimanov
(Ryhmä Rookie - 147)

Postia: 131
  Maa:
Venäjä 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (12)   En pidä viestistä (12)
Vanha viesti #1 lähetetty 3.05.2017, 15:53:25 (viimeksi muokattu 3.05.2017, 15:54:07 Aleksey Shimanov toimesta) Quote 
I'm sorry for my bad English language.

Idea for expand tactics and strategy in race:
http://www.picshare.ru/view/8068773/

First stint pilot rides on tyre type selected in Q1/Q2. Next stints he rides on tyres specified in box "Tyre strategy".
Tibor Szuromi
(Ryhmä Amateur - 25)

Postia: 11913
  Maa:
Unkari 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (1)   En pidä viestistä (0)
Vanha viesti #2 lähetetty 3.05.2017, 18:09:58 Quote 
They do not want it. (Они не хотят.). :(
Aleksey Shimanov
(Ryhmä Rookie - 147)

Maa:
Venäjä 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (3)   En pidä viestistä (1)
Vanha viesti #3 lähetetty 3.05.2017, 19:45:05 (viimeksi muokattu 3.05.2017, 19:48:21 Aleksey Shimanov toimesta) Quote 
This it will give more strategy, tactic and more variant of drive races !
Bring to real Formula 1, and will give more fun!!!
Tibor Szuromi
(Ryhmä Amateur - 25)

Postia: 11913
  Maa:
Unkari 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (0)   En pidä viestistä (3)
Vanha viesti #4 lähetetty 3.05.2017, 19:47:48 Quote 
This is GPRO, not F1.
Peter Willmore
(Ryhmä Pro - 22)

Postia: 3616
  Maa:
Englanti 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #5 lähetetty 3.05.2017, 19:48:13 Quote 
Will it really bring more variation? , how many variations did you see at Sochi in the f1 on Sunday? :)
Martin Irla
(Ryhmä Amateur - 78)

Postia: 660
  Maa:
Uruguay 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (4)   En pidä viestistä (0)
Vanha viesti #6 lähetetty 3.05.2017, 19:48:55 Quote 
I agree with that idea completely....lots of diferent strategys,and for the ones that watch the race live,it wont be a forgone conclussion after the first pit stop.It adds infinite possibilities to the tactics,cant understand why some people resists this idea.....
Michael Jones
(Ryhmä Rookie - 111)

Postia: 1387
  Maa:
Englanti 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #7 lähetetty 3.05.2017, 19:51:44 Quote 
Think it was discussed before and I would have thought everybody would do Q1/Q2 on ES in dry conditions and then pick more or less same tyres for rest of race.
Daryl Gee
(Ryhmä Master - 1)

Postia: 4864
  Maa:
Etelä-Afrikka 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (3)   En pidä viestistä (1)
Vanha viesti #8 lähetetty 3.05.2017, 19:52:30 Quote 
I think being restricted to one tyre type for Qualie and Race is strategically a lot richer.
Aleksey Shimanov
(Ryhmä Rookie - 147)

Maa:
Venäjä 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #9 lähetetty 3.05.2017, 19:52:56 (viimeksi muokattu 3.05.2017, 19:56:13 Aleksey Shimanov toimesta) Quote 
Quote ( Peter Willmore @ May 3rd 2017,19:48:13 )

how many variations did you see at Sochi in the f1 on Sunday? :)

100% rain race don't change the current situation... :)
But dry races...
Run first stint in super soft, second in medium, and the trid again supersoft... ;)
Rivals in supershock, and you on horse... :))))))
Peter Willmore
(Ryhmä Pro - 22)

Maa:
Englanti 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (0)   En pidä viestistä (1)
Vanha viesti #10 lähetetty 3.05.2017, 19:53:14 Quote 
Quote ( Michael Jones @ May 3rd 2017,19:51:44 )

Think it was discussed before and I would have thought everybody would do Q1/Q2 on ES in dry conditions and then pick more or less same tyres for rest of race.

Yup this will be the result much like in real life
Peter Willmore
(Ryhmä Pro - 22)

Maa:
Englanti 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (0)   En pidä viestistä (1)
Vanha viesti #11 lähetetty 3.05.2017, 19:56:22 (viimeksi muokattu 3.05.2017, 19:56:48 Peter Willmore toimesta) Quote 
Quote ( Aleksey Shimanov @ May 3rd 2017,19:52:56 )

Quote ( Peter Willmore @ May 3rd 2017,19:48:13 )

how many variations did you see at Sochi in the f1 on Sunday? :)
100% rain race don't change current situation... :)
But dry races...
Run first stint in super soft, second in medium, and the trid again supersoft... ;)
Rivals in supershock, and you on horse... :))))))

Please read what I said again !!

Also in your example you will just be blocked by someone on the optimum strategy at the end if you even get close to them that is :)

Sorry for the double post
Martin Irla
(Ryhmä Amateur - 78)

Maa:
Uruguay 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (0)   En pidä viestistä (0)
Vanha viesti #12 lähetetty 3.05.2017, 19:56:42 Quote 
I dont agree....lots of diferent strategys for fuel,tyres,when to pit and many other things.There would be constant changes in the race positions,and you wont be able to know exactly on what strategy other managers are till almost the end....Actually,it would make managers to think a lot more than now in strategys and options,and not just press a spreadsheet button that gives you the 2 or 3 diferent options for fuel and tyres like now....
Peter Willmore
(Ryhmä Pro - 22)

Maa:
Englanti 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #13 lähetetty 3.05.2017, 20:03:21 Quote 
Quote ( Martin Irla @ May 3rd 2017,19:56:42 )

I dont agree....lots of diferent strategys for fuel,tyres,when to pit and many other things.There would be constant changes in the race positions,and you wont be able to know exactly on what strategy other managers are till almost the end....Actually,it would make managers to think a lot more than now in strategys and options,and not just press a spreadsheet button that gives you the 2 or 3 diferent options for fuel and tyres like now....

There will still only be a few viable options and in no time those who are clever enough will have it built in to their spreadsheets :)
This is one time we can look to real f1 to see the result , they have option of three tyres and nearly always it's the same one or two strategies
Michael Jones
(Ryhmä Rookie - 111)

Maa:
Englanti 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #14 lähetetty 3.05.2017, 20:08:16 Quote 

Ok you have a race of say 60 laps but ES will do 10 laps so everybody does Q on ES,then you will have basically everybody on same strategy for the 50 laps left .
Aleksey Shimanov
(Ryhmä Rookie - 147)

Maa:
Venäjä 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (4)   En pidä viestistä (0)
Vanha viesti #15 lähetetty 3.05.2017, 20:11:02 Quote 
Now calculate in paper (or mind) only newbe...
Now goes war of soft (excel, web site, or other tools)... Get characteristic of pilot, and track put in soft and get the finished result !
Manager don't think of brain, they push the key (ANY key)...
This proposal will return an intrigue, a riddle and make you think with your brains, don't push only key....
Martin Irla
(Ryhmä Amateur - 78)

Maa:
Uruguay 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #16 lähetetty 3.05.2017, 20:11:49 Quote 
Just one silly example....imagine a race that is 1 hard straight forward.Maybe you can go for two mediums as well....just imagine how many variables would be combining one of those with softs and extra softs,if to start higher in the grid but then losing positions in pit stops,pushing first at the start or the end,and many things more....of course there will always be many straight forward races like now,but many,many less and the changes would be constant and much more than now....And if all that doesnt change and all go for more or less same strategys,whats the harm in trying??? It would be almost the same as it happens now....Nothing to lose trying,and if it works as i think it could,a lot to gain....
Peter Willmore
(Ryhmä Pro - 22)

Maa:
Englanti 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (1)   En pidä viestistä (2)
Vanha viesti #17 lähetetty 3.05.2017, 20:14:53 (viimeksi muokattu 3.05.2017, 20:17:23 Peter Willmore toimesta) Quote 
Quote ( Martin Irla @ May 3rd 2017,20:11:49 )

Just one silly example....imagine a race that is 1 hard straight forward.Maybe you can go for two mediums as well....just imagine how many variables would be combining one of those with softs and extra softs,if to start higher in the grid but then losing positions in pit stops,pushing first at the start or the end,and many things more....of course there will always be many straight forward races like now,but many,many less and the changes would be constant and much more than now....And if all that doesnt change and all go for more or less same strategys,whats the harm in trying??? It would be almost the same as it happens now....Nothing to lose trying,and if it works as i think it could,a lot to gain....

In that instance the softs or extra softs would be pointless as the TCD would be too small and the tyre wear too high to cover the extra pit for them , next !!!!

Also change for changes sake is pointless
Daryl Gee
(Ryhmä Master - 1)

Maa:
Etelä-Afrikka 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #18 lähetetty 3.05.2017, 20:15:08 Quote 

not just press a spreadsheet button that gives you the 2 or 3 diferent options for fuel and tyres like now....

Yeah, there would have to be.... a different spreadsheet!

Aaaaaaaaargh!!!!

If you play this game by typing numbers into somebody else's spreadsheet, then you could simply and dramatically improve your game experience by not playing it by typing numbers into somebody else's spreadsheet.
Martin Irla
(Ryhmä Amateur - 78)

Maa:
Uruguay 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #19 lähetetty 3.05.2017, 20:23:37 Quote 
Maybe i didnt explain myself well Daryl....yeap,you will have to type numbers in a spread sheet as well,of course understanding what you are doing....but right now,there is not much thinking iinvolved,almost always 2 or 3 diferent options,sometimes less.Being able to change tyres would give you many,many more options in lots of races and you would have to think much more,also trying to put yourself in other managers mind when they are going to pit so not to get blocked and many other things too long to express them all....i honestly think that this would give the game and managers a whole lot more possibilies....
Daryl Gee
(Ryhmä Master - 1)

Maa:
Etelä-Afrikka 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #20 lähetetty 3.05.2017, 20:24:05 Quote 
Quote ( Aleksey Shimanov @ May 3rd 2017,20:11:02 )

Get characteristic of pilot, and track put in soft and get the finished result !

You don't understand what this game is.
You can get "good" results like this, but this is not the game.

You're playing a different game. A stroke-my-own-cock-because-nobody-else-will kind of game.

If you haven't figured it out yourself, or with your friends, and are just googling and stealing shit, then I don't give a crap how "good" you are. You've missed the entire freaking point of this game.
Michael Jones
(Ryhmä Rookie - 111)

Maa:
Englanti 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (3)   En pidä viestistä (0)
Vanha viesti #21 lähetetty 3.05.2017, 20:24:43 Quote 
All this idea would do is make the strategy for race.

The length of the race minus the laps done by ES
Peter Willmore
(Ryhmä Pro - 22)

Maa:
Englanti 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #22 lähetetty 3.05.2017, 20:27:29 Quote 
Quote ( Martin Irla @ May 3rd 2017,20:23:37 )

Being able to change tyres would give you many,many more options in lots of races and you would have to think much more

Nope there would still be only two or three viable strategies the rest would be pointless for one reason or another :)

Ahmet Sonverdi
(Ryhmä Amateur - 30)

Postia: 4807
  Maa:
Turkki 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (2)   En pidä viestistä (0)
Vanha viesti #23 lähetetty 3.05.2017, 20:28:06 (viimeksi muokattu 3.05.2017, 20:36:23 Ahmet Sonverdi toimesta) Quote 
Quote ( Michael Jones @ May 3rd 2017,19:51:44 )

Well, IF I DONT GET THE SUGGESTION WRONG, we have that option in URM (Ultimate Race Manager, silly game ran by Jukka who is the current Elite leader). Q tyres and start tyre has to be the same compound + qualify wears the tyre. Means you're gonna start race with slightly worn tyres (or more than slightly, depends on the compound). Softer compounds wear more of course.

So it wasn't good all the time to start with ex soft. We even have ultra soft compound in the game and most of the time its not selected for qualify. And we have tons of variations to decide a tactic.

I'm actually supporting the idea. URM is pretty similar with GPRO and this works well in URM. People who played URM should agree with me here.
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Ryhmä Amateur - 30)

Maa:
Turkki 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #24 lähetetty 3.05.2017, 20:37:05 Quote 
Quote ( Daryl Gee @ May 3rd 2017,19:52:30 )

I think being restricted to one tyre type for Qualie and Race is strategically a lot richer.

I disagree with this. Its either this or that. 4 dry compounds, you know pretty much which one can do what at a particular race with given temp. How come its richer? The only thing you can do is pick 1 compound out of 4, you'll have some fuel variations like staying a little longer on the track or pitting a little earlier, boosts etc.

I do think it'd spice it up if we can change the compounds during the race. More unpredictable strategies. Right now after the first pits, we know everyone's tactic and race become a little "do I get a random" or "does his fuel last".

People may say "There are already lots of unpredictable stuff" well randoms can always happen. This is about strategical options.

Thumb up from me.
Martin Irla
(Ryhmä Amateur - 78)

Maa:
Uruguay 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #25 lähetetty 3.05.2017, 20:37:15 Quote 
Dont think it would be extra soft plus another thing as Mick says....Just imagine the example i said above,1 hard or 2 mediums.Obviously this is in theory,but maybe you can go also for 1 hard and 1 extra with higher risks,1 medium and 1 soft,1 medium and 2 extra,and i can think of other posibilities...you would have to consider the risks you use much more carefully than now,and im pretty sure that there would be much more diferent strategys in a race than now,all things to be considered...
Peter Willmore
(Ryhmä Pro - 22)

Maa:
Englanti 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #26 lähetetty 3.05.2017, 20:38:38 (viimeksi muokattu 3.05.2017, 20:39:49 Peter Willmore toimesta) Quote 
Quote ( Martin Irla @ May 3rd 2017,20:37:15 )

Dont think it would be extra soft plus another thing as Mick says....Just imagine the example i said above,1 hard or 2 mediums.Obviously this is in theory,but maybe you can go also for 1 hard and 1 extra with higher risks,1 medium and 1 soft,1 medium and 2 extra,and i can think of other posibilities...you would have to consider the risks you use much more carefully than now,and im pretty sure that there would be much more diferent strategys in a race than now,all things to be considered...
Quote ( Peter Willmore @ May 3rd 2017,20:14:53 )

In that instance the softs or extra softs would be pointless as the TCD would be too small and the tyre wear too high to cover the extra pit for them

Quote ( Peter Willmore @ May 3rd 2017,20:27:29 )

Nope there would still be only two or three viable strategies the rest would be pointless for one reason or another :)
Aleksey Shimanov
(Ryhmä Rookie - 147)

Maa:
Venäjä 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #27 lähetetty 3.05.2017, 20:38:52 Quote 
Quote ( Daryl Gee @ May 3rd 2017,20:24:05 )

If you haven't figured it out yourself, or with your friends, and are just googling and stealing shit, then I don't give a crap how "good" you are. You've missed the entire freaking point of this game.

Just do not be offended, i'm newbe, you game in master liga...
Yes, i'm don't understend ALL subtlety, i'm only study...
My favourite game is Grand Prix Manager 2 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Prix_Manager_2 for more details). She allowed to do almost the same thing as in real Formula 1. And it's will great and fun!!!
GPro it's very similar to her, but there is not enough of a delicacy.
In addition, the stagnation of the game always leads to an outflow of players... See statistics in this site...
Martin Irla
(Ryhmä Amateur - 78)

Maa:
Uruguay 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #28 lähetetty 3.05.2017, 20:46:01 Quote 
Dont think so peter....I can give you plenty examples,but just consider this only one.Lets say with 1 hard,medium,whatever,you just arrive with no risks.But if you add to that some laps with another compound,you reduce the km of the tyre,so you can go with lets say 40 risks.Then you will have to decide like now if its better to go with no risks and less pit stop,or more risks and another pit.Its badly explained and just one example of infinite ones,but i think it applies.Also,you would have to take in consideration where do you land after the pit stop,the pit stop time,and who possibly be in front of you so to not get blocked,and i can imagine many,many diferent options and things you will have to consider as well....
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Ryhmä Amateur - 30)

Maa:
Turkki 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #29 lähetetty 3.05.2017, 20:50:29 Quote 
I'm just supporting the different tyres option btw, dont know what to think about changing the CTR during the race. I do think it would also increaee the strategical options but i havent thought about its cons yet.
Peter Willmore
(Ryhmä Pro - 22)

Maa:
Englanti 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #30 lähetetty 3.05.2017, 20:56:54 (viimeksi muokattu 3.05.2017, 20:58:31 Peter Willmore toimesta) Quote 
Quote ( Martin Irla @ May 3rd 2017,20:46:01 )

Dont think so peter....I can give you plenty examples,but just consider this only one.Lets say with 1 hard,medium,whatever,you just arrive with no risks.But if you add to that some laps with another compound,you reduce the km of the tyre,so you can go with lets say 40 risks.Then you will have to decide like now if its better to go with no risks and less pit stop,or more risks and another pit.

I am failing to see how is that any different to now?

You could choose to go 1 stop hard 0 risks or 2 stop med with higher risks or 2 stop hard with super high risks in the sort of race you are using as an example

Quote ( Ahmet Sonverdi @ May 3rd 2017,20:50:29 )

I'm just supporting the different tyres option btw, dont know what to think about changing the CTR during the race. I do think it would also increaee the strategical options but i havent thought about its cons yet.

I would personally support being able to change CT during race more than the tyre change but only at Pro upwards IMO but that's a different idea :p
Sivu [12 3 » Siirry suoraan sivulle:

Vastaa tähän ketjuun