Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Made huge mistake. Need special help from the PRO's Lisää tämä ketju sivuutuslistalle Lisää tämä ketju seurantalistalle
Sivu [12 » Siirry suoraan sivulle:
Aloittaja Aihe: Made huge mistake. Need special help from the PRO's 31 vastausta
Arnoldas Arnisgd
(Ryhmä Rookie - 48)

Postia: 11
  Maa:
Liettua 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #1 lähetetty 17.04.2019, 10:31:12 (viimeksi muokattu 17.04.2019, 10:38:08 Arnoldas Arnisgd toimesta) Quote 
Dear GPRO community I write here with a distress call. I urgently need special help from the best of you here. I recently found this game and got completely hooked on it, but because of a simple nuance that I completely forgot, I made a stupid mistake. Here's my story.

So I joined the season 3 races in and started on the 4th one. Everything went fine. I learned a bit about the game, got good at it. Well ok, let's be reasonable here. I got ok. So I think after all. I hired a new driver mid season. And started preparing it for the upcoming season while still learning the drill. I think so far this driver is Superb. I am pretty sure of that to be fair. So trained him and made a plan to boost it as much as possible, and end the season at -15mln negative so his motivation drops an he stays below OA85.

Everything wen well so far. I did all the drill, I made all the calculations so I don't mess up. I invested a lot of time in this. Cause I am sure that next season I'm going for promotion at least, and I'm bringing him with me to Amateur. The driver basically has perfect stats. To my opinion at least. And by now I am pretty knowledgeable about the mechanics of the game. I think I know enough to promote or even win the Rookie season with my driver.

Problem is I completely forgot about the rule where you can no longer buy or do anything when you are at negative balance. I did all my calculations forgetting that. And I could have done it otherwise.

So my situation is this, currently I am at -6.476.000$, this is before last race. As my mentor said I have to be -15mln after the last race. I calculated everything so that if I upgrade my car before the last race I get to -22/23mln so that even if I surprisingly win I will still stay below -15mln, but I completely forgot that I won't be able to buy anything while in negative.

My driver is currently at OA100 and 250 motivation if I drop the motivation to 0, I can keep it. If not he will leave me and it's game over. I won't find other driver with such perfect stats, let alone train him and so on. So it will be another wasted season if not a complete game over. Cause I just invested too much to this.

May any of you know the way for me to still reach that -15mln and get the motivation drop for the driver? Please I literally BEG your help.

I read the rules of the game like 4 times again to find the way to dump the money. I was thing of creating the team, but I can't do that in Rookie. I was thinking to do a lot of proposals for new drivers, but loose the contract cause of low salary, but you can only do 4 proposals before 1 race. So that's not enough.

I basically have no options. I don't even know if I should race the last race and screw it so I finish last or should not enter it at all.

If I break the contract with my current driver will he lose motivation and by how much? How the stats will change during the season reset? Will it drop enough so I can rehire him? On the new season?

Any ideas of what could I do? Please I need your best knowledge.
Arnoldas Arnisgd
(Ryhmä Rookie - 48)

Maa:
Liettua 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (0)   En pidä viestistä (0)
Vanha viesti #2 lähetetty 17.04.2019, 10:32:56 Quote 
Also sorry for the huge wall of text, but I wanted to make the situation clear. I will reply or send a message with any information you need, that might help me to keep the current driver.
Mikael Brostrom
(Ryhmä Amateur - 89)

Postia: 98
  Maa:
Alankomaat 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (15)   En pidä viestistä (0)
Vanha viesti #3 lähetetty 17.04.2019, 10:37:30 Quote 
Quote ( Arnoldas Arnisgd @ April 17th 2019,10:31:12 )

I was thinking to do a lot of proposals for new drivers, but loose the contract cause of low salary.

Did you know you can also withdraw an offer..... ;-)
Bert Huylebroeck1
(Ryhmä Master - 5)

Postia: 712
  Maa:
Belgia 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (1)   En pidä viestistä (1)
Vanha viesti #4 lähetetty 17.04.2019, 10:37:50 (viimeksi muokattu 17.04.2019, 10:38:35 Bert Huylebroeck toimesta) Quote 
Only thing I can think of is joining and leaving a team untill you are below -15M, but don't know if that still works.

Edit: or the one above
Arnoldas Arnisgd
(Ryhmä Rookie - 48)

Maa:
Liettua 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #5 lähetetty 17.04.2019, 10:39:31 Quote 
Thanks for your reply, I'm thinking of that too, but i have to find a team who would be willing to help me with that. And I only have 2 days.
Gergely Kondár
(Ryhmä Amateur - 31)

Postia: 1382
  Maa:
Unkari 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (2)   En pidä viestistä (0)
Vanha viesti #6 lähetetty 17.04.2019, 10:40:56 Quote 
Quote ( Mikael Brostrom @ April 17th 2019,10:37:30 )

I'd try this one...
Ania Piekarska
(Ryhmä Amateur - 9)

Postia: 713
  Maa:
Puola 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (4)   En pidä viestistä (0)
Vanha viesti #7 lähetetty 17.04.2019, 10:42:15 Quote 
Making offers and withdrawing them is the easiest path here. Just remember to do that before tomorrow's market, as you won't be able to make bids until the new season after the last market closes.
Arnoldas Arnisgd
(Ryhmä Rookie - 48)

Maa:
Liettua 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #8 lähetetty 17.04.2019, 10:42:17 Quote 
Quote ( Mikael Brostrom @ April 17th 2019,10:37:30 )

I was thinking to do a lot of proposals for new drivers, but loose the contract cause of low salary.

Yes I know. I will try that, but rules says that you can only do up to 4 proposals before each race. It's not stated if it's overall or without withdrawals.
Thijs Rieken
(Ryhmä Amateur - 37)

Postia: 1042
  Maa:
Alankomaat 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (2)   En pidä viestistä (1)
Vanha viesti #9 lähetetty 17.04.2019, 10:42:27 Quote 
Are you sure he will even be at 85OA when you drop moti? According to my calculations that won't be enough.
Ania Piekarska
(Ryhmä Amateur - 9)

Postia: 713
  Maa:
Puola 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (17)   En pidä viestistä (0)
Vanha viesti #10 lähetetty 17.04.2019, 10:43:42 Quote 
Quote ( Arnoldas Arnisgd @ April 17th 2019,10:42:17 )

but rules says that you can only do up to 4 proposals before each race. It's not stated if it's overall or without withdrawals.

It's 4 at one time. When you withdraw, you can make new ones.

Also cheers for being that nice newbie who reads the rules and tries solving the problem on their own before asking!
Arnoldas Arnisgd
(Ryhmä Rookie - 48)

Maa:
Liettua 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (1)   En pidä viestistä (0)
Vanha viesti #11 lähetetty 17.04.2019, 10:53:41 Quote 
Quote ( Thijs Rieken @ April 17th 2019,10:42:27 )

Are you sure he will even be at 85OA when you drop moti? According to my calculations that won't be enough.

Yes I'm sure. he should be at around 81 or so.
Arnoldas Arnisgd
(Ryhmä Rookie - 48)

Maa:
Liettua 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #12 lähetetty 17.04.2019, 11:00:56 Quote 
Quote ( Ania Piekarska @ April 17th 2019,10:43:42 )

Quote ( Arnoldas Arnisgd @ April 17th 2019,10:42:17 )

but rules says that you can only do up to 4 proposals before each race. It's not stated if it's overall or without withdrawals.
It's 4 at one time. When you withdraw, you can make new ones.

Also cheers for being that nice newbie who reads the rules and tries solving the problem on their own before asking!

Well actually I already was not so nice, since I wrote a novel of the same kind like here to my mentor trying to prove that it's nowhere written in the rules that I won't be able to upgrade my car before the last race, while later realised it's probably of negative balance. Checked the rule page and sure it was my mistake completely forgetting about this.
Thijs Rieken
(Ryhmä Amateur - 37)

Maa:
Alankomaat 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (5)   En pidä viestistä (0)
Vanha viesti #13 lähetetty 17.04.2019, 11:25:47 Quote 
Ah scrap my reaction. I'm not feeling well and completely failed maths :P
Guilherme Franco
(Ryhmä Amateur - 13)

Postia: 443
  Maa:
Brasilia 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (6)   En pidä viestistä (0)
Vanha viesti #14 lähetetty 17.04.2019, 12:17:49 Quote 
Just dont rage quit cause some mistake and its fine, knowing what u already got about this game its just time consuming to build it all to this level u are now.

its like me, just 8 months relaxing and training the driver, and if i lost him doing some overtraining or something, well, just lets do it again ^^

PS: im pretty sure the second time u train a driver u can do better, and this goes on and on, cause u are learning new things all the time, its a incredible addictive game.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Ryhmä Master - 3)

Postia: 3107
  Maa:
Alankomaat 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (7)   En pidä viestistä (0)
Vanha viesti #15 lähetetty 17.04.2019, 12:38:05 Quote 
Fail the certification test a few times to get a bit further negative ;)
Josh Clark
(Ryhmä Amateur - 80)

Postia: 6667
  Maa:
Englanti 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (3)   En pidä viestistä (0)
Vanha viesti #16 lähetetty 17.04.2019, 13:53:40 (viimeksi muokattu 17.04.2019, 13:54:41 Josh Clark toimesta) Quote 
Quote ( Arnoldas Arnisgd @ April 17th 2019,10:39:31 )

Thanks for your reply, I'm thinking of that too, but i have to find a team who would be willing to help me with that. And I only have 2 days.

I know a team who may help you. If not, I might be able to help.

However, two suggestions above are much better options. The best one is offering drivers, then cancelling the offer, multiple times. You can make as many offers to <70 OA drivers as you like, as Ania says. The limit is simply 4 current offers. Be warned, you only have until 8pm CET on Thursday. There will be no more staff markets after that.
Miel's suggestion works too in your situation.

If not he will leave me and it's game over.

You're not the first to mess up keeping a driver, don't worry. Some go 10+ seasons into their projects only to mess up re-signing them. I imagine they all rage quit, but don't worry about this sort of thing in Rookie. Once you promote to Amatuer you may find that drivers like yours are rather more common than you think. :)

In any case, your situation is salvageable. Good luck :)
Mikko Heikkinen
(Ryhmä Master - 3)

Postia: 12503
  Maa:
Suomi 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #17 lähetetty 17.04.2019, 14:14:36 (viimeksi muokattu 17.04.2019, 14:19:48 Mikko Heikkinen toimesta) Quote 
Quote ( Josh Clark @ April 17th 2019,13:53:40 )

You're not the first to mess up keeping a driver, don't worry. Some go 10+ seasons into their projects only to mess up re-signing them.

Which actually is one of the things which keeps the driver market alive

Quote ( Josh Clark @ April 17th 2019,13:53:40 )

but don't worry about this sort of thing in Rookie. Once you promote to Amatuer you may find that drivers like yours are rather more common than you think. :)

Yes indeed.

Any ideas of what could I do?

Apart from what others have suggested above, I have one: Don't quit due to this.

I won't find other driver with such perfect stats. So it will be another wasted season if not a complete game over. Cause I just invested too much to this.

There are plenty of drivers out there. Sure, it may be difficult to find an exact match, but thenagain it's also rare for someone to keep a driver through all group-levels and tens of seasons. Furthermore, as far as I can see, you've only had that driver for ~6 races.

And "one season lost" isn't necessarily all that much, keeping in mind that GPRO can offer fun for years to come

To summarize: There are some good advice in this thread, but even IF it doesn't work and you lose the driver don't give up.
Ivan Silva
(Ryhmä Master - 3)

Postia: 5069
  Maa:
Portugali 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #18 lähetetty 17.04.2019, 14:18:10 (viimeksi muokattu 17.04.2019, 14:18:38 Ivan Silva toimesta) Quote 
Mistakes in rookie are usually not very compromising. I wouldnt call what you did a huge mistake. As for the solution you should definitely bid on drivers until you have what you need, that way you dont have to depend on others activity.

Other than what people have already said if you want to Stay under -15M by the end of R17 you must also consider you'll receive the money bonus from finishing on top 10, which on your case should be low and easy to manage but just for safety i am warning you must be aware of your total income.
Stuart Foster
(Ryhmä Rookie - 156)

Postia: 12459
  Maa:
Wales 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (10)   En pidä viestistä (0)
Vanha viesti #19 lähetetty 17.04.2019, 14:50:07 (viimeksi muokattu 17.04.2019, 14:54:27 Stuart Foster toimesta) Quote 
Dude, just do one thing , add 4 drivers below 70 Oa to your shortlist, then offer them all a contract. That will burn 2m cash each time. Then go into ‘your offers’ and hit the ‘x’ on each one. Then go back to shortlist and repeat process until you reach desired negative balance and voila it’s solved and you won’t gain any moti so long as you’re -15m after the race. So get to about -30m and that’ll be good enough so long as his Oa without moti is 85 or lower :)
Katerina Kakni
(Ryhmä Master - 3)

Postia: 139
  Maa:
Kreikka 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (4)   En pidä viestistä (0)
Vanha viesti #20 lähetetty 17.04.2019, 15:09:58 Quote 
Since you haven't qualified yet and you haven't raced all races till now to get the 5 million bonus, you have the option not to qualify for the last race and be negative -16 millions before the last race.
You will get just 400.000 as bonus for 10th place and you will pay your driver and staff & facilities (if you have any).
100% success.
Florencia Caro
(Ryhmä Amateur - 69)

GPRO Crew
Postia: 17140
  Maa:
Argentiina 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #21 lähetetty 17.04.2019, 15:24:31 Quote 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ April 17th 2019,14:50:07 )

Dude, just do one thing , add 4 drivers below 70 Oa to your shortlist, then offer them all a contract. That will burn 2m cash each time. Then go into ‘your offers’ and hit the ‘x’ on each one. Then go back to shortlist and repeat process until you reach desired negative balance and voila it’s solved and you won’t gain any moti so long as you’re -15m after the race. So get to about -30m and that’ll be good enough so long as his Oa without moti is 85 or lower :)

This, simple and effective; and less risky than other options. Plus, you have total control over your actions and do not depend on third parties (team leaders). Just make sure to do it before Race 17 staff market closes (Thursday 19CET)

Also, agree with those who advised you not to stress over a newbie mistake :)
Sam Norris
(Ryhmä Pro - 19)

Postia: 354
  Maa:
Englanti 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #22 lähetetty 17.04.2019, 19:58:16 Quote 
Arnoldas you are lucky to have made a recoverable mistake, these driver offers are the route to take but think its worth reiterating this - BEWARE - whilst you only need to be -15milll to lose driver moti, if you are less than -15mill after R17 income you would keep any moti gained in R17, so you may need to go deeper into a negative balance to be safe. Good luck next season.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Ryhmä Master - 3)

Postia: 12503
  Maa:
Suomi 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #23 lähetetty 17.04.2019, 20:01:33 Quote 
Quote ( Sam Norris @ April 17th 2019,19:58:16 )

- BEWARE - whilst you only need to be -15milll to lose driver moti, if you are less than -15mill after R17

I don't think there's danger of that, his balance is currently -$40 Mil
David Brennan
(Ryhmä Pro - 2)

Postia: 696
  Maa:
Irlanti 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #24 lähetetty 17.04.2019, 20:29:52 Quote 
Great to see all the constructive comments here. Well done all!
Eugen Kovacs
(Ryhmä Rookie - 20)

Postia: 196
  Maa:
Romania 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (1)   En pidä viestistä (1)
Vanha viesti #25 lähetetty 17.04.2019, 21:19:07 Quote 
wow guys, 23 reply and not a single F**Y given? this must be a new record :)
George Slater4
(Ryhmä Master - 1)

Postia: 603
  Maa:
Kanada 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #26 lähetetty 17.04.2019, 21:22:07 Quote 
Quote ( Katerina Kakni @ April 17th 2019,15:09:58 )

you have the option not to qualify for the last race and be negative -16 millions before the last race.

I think there are better options here, given the fact that not racing means you can't learn anything from that race but also it would also mean that certain driver stats don't improve.
Klas Britse
(Ryhmä Amateur - 49)

Postia: 161
  Maa:
Ruotsi 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #27 lähetetty 17.04.2019, 22:04:13 Quote 
Well, isn't this the most fantastic of all the games!!!
We have a beginner in the thread, and since everything in the game in the end comes down to taking care of your money, the most important advice we can give him is how to get rid of all his money. And 15M more. LOL!

Arnoldas of Lithuania! Dear neighbour across the Baltic. Don't quit, the key to this game is definitely patience. And after that comes patience... :D
And there are many ways to play the game for fun, everyone must find ones own way.

My current way is also developing a driver, after nursing him the last 9 months its finally time to start getting some results. Did I say that the game requires patience BTW? ;)

Good luck Arnoldas! I hope you manage to save your driver with all the good advice above, and learn a lot while developing him.
Arnoldas Arnisgd
(Ryhmä Rookie - 48)

Maa:
Liettua 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (7)   En pidä viestistä (0)
Vanha viesti #28 lähetetty 17.04.2019, 23:58:12 Quote 
Wow! I wasn't expecting this kind of welcome, respect, and help. I really want to thank to everyone who replied, and for all the sincere wishes and suggestions. I'm not really a "forum" person so I was not expecting that this game would have such close and helpful community.

Also thanks for motivating me to not quit, even though I was not thinking of it. This was really nice.

As someone mentioned I already made sure I'm at least -40mln negative, but I might go a bit lower just to make sure :D

Also huge thanks to all the people who replied via personal message:
Robert Kearney
Andrzej Powalka
Lorenzo Bongi
Lee Thomas
Chris Shaw
Including my great mentor: Dainius Vaškys.

Also once again thank you to every single one who replied here. Very first reply I got was literally within a minute.

Happy Easter everyone and good luck next season. Cheers. :)
Lyee Chong
(Ryhmä Pro - 21)

GPRO Crew
Postia: 1307
  Maa:
Malesia 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #29 lähetetty 18.04.2019, 04:48:46 Quote 
Quote ( Arnoldas Arnisgd @ April 17th 2019,23:58:12 )

Wow! I wasn't expecting this kind of welcome, respect, and help.
Great to know these are what the GPRO community gave to newbie. You guys are the best.

Arnoldas, too late for me here to answer your questions when most of them were already answered above.
While enjoy the game, do not miss out the fun in the forum too. Cheers :)
Thijs Rieken
(Ryhmä Amateur - 37)

Maa:
Alankomaat 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (8)   En pidä viestistä (0)
Vanha viesti #30 lähetetty 18.04.2019, 07:25:27 Quote 
We're not usually that nice helpful 😅

Seriously though, what helped here:

Your extensive description of the problem
Your proof of trying to foby (find out by yourself)
Generally being nice about it all helps too

Rookies all around can learn from this topic!
Sivu [12 » Siirry suoraan sivulle:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Made huge mistake. Need special help from the PRO's Lisää tämä ketju sivuutuslistalle Lisää tämä ketju seurantalistalle

Vastaa tähän ketjuun