Page « 1 2 3 ... 138 [139140 ... 191 192 193 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Suggestions 5783 replies
Zé Pedro Paula
(Group Rookie - 62)

Mozambique 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4141 posted May 7th 2020, 20:45:36 (last edited May 7th 2020, 20:46:18 by Zé Pedro Paula) Quote 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ May 7th 2020,20:32:01 )

Quote ( Zé Pedro Paula @ May 7th 2020,20:26:04 )

Only the elites get to have fun.
Have you ever considered the possibility that Elite might not be quite so much fun :)

Other group-levels can be as fun too

That I believe too. But... you never know what drives their adrenaline, or dopamine. There are some kinky people around.

As I'm starting to think, I'm not really caring what is going on in the upper floors where the adults live and we only hear about their "too complicated to understand" "problems". Really, I'm starting to not give a dime about how they tell me I should like my games in the abandoned and desolate emptying first floor.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Elite)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4142 posted May 7th 2020, 21:25:28 Quote 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ May 7th 2020,18:59:11 )

I disagree with having training specifically for dropping moti.

Managing moti is an important part of the game..... taking that away will significantly dumb down the thought process around driver motivation management.

Nailed it! I would say there is currently a pretty beautiful balance between the strategy of taking a project driver, or that of hiring short-term drivers for about 2 seasons at a time. Making project drivers go through the process of moti dropping, with all its negative effects, is one of the elements that results in this balance.

Making it easier to lose moti will shift the balance of power towards project drivers and kill off the short-term driver route.
Stuart Foster
(Group Amateur - 49)

Wales 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4143 posted May 7th 2020, 23:46:36 Quote 
Racing terribly and sending your finances into a crippling mess to me are the only logical methods for demotivating. It just doesn't seem logical to 'train' it. You have to make your driver actually feel like smashing his head against the wall. It should remain a tactical method, rather than one you can pay for to achieve.
Daniel Douglas
(Group Pro - 2)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #4144 posted May 8th 2020, 00:09:57 Quote 
To skin the cat another way:

An additional stat could be added, let's call it Frustration. Imagine it being the opposite (in ways) of reputation.

So a driver's Frustration would increase with poor results, poor finances (going -15mil would immediately max frustration) and possibly even relegations.

As the driver's Frustration increases, their salary renewal cost would increase. Essentially higher frustration = higher new per race salary.

That'll cut out some of, but not eliminate, the doing a bunch of shitty races in a row to renew a driver heh.
Stuart Foster
(Group Amateur - 49)

Wales 
Certified: 
Old post #4145 posted May 8th 2020, 00:18:35 (last edited May 8th 2020, 00:20:33 by Stuart Foster) Quote 
I get the idea Daniel, and I know you are going to say GPRO is not logic in many ways. But, if i'm frustrated and performing badly, I don't expect a pay rise for it :) Saying that, plenty other sportsmen probably follow the anti-logic though, so...meh...maybe you're right. Mesut Ozil for one. He's a footballer (soccer), by the way :)
Daniel Douglas
(Group Pro - 2)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #4146 posted May 8th 2020, 00:21:48 (last edited May 8th 2020, 00:21:56 by Daniel Douglas) Quote 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ May 8th 2020,00:18:35 )

I get the idea Daniel, and I know you are going to say GPRO is not logic in many ways. But, if i'm frustrated and performing badly, I don't expect a pay rise for it :) Saying that, plenty other sportsmen probably follow the anti-logic though, so...meh...maybe you're right. Mesut Ozil for one. He's a footballer (soccer), by the way :)

More along the lines that the driver frustration with the team....
Stuart Foster
(Group Amateur - 49)

Wales 
Certified: 
Old post #4147 posted May 8th 2020, 00:23:22 Quote 
I suppose. I mean, why else would Fernando Alonso keep getting a ridiculous salary for McLaren while DNF'ing so damned often :D ok, you sold me on it ;)
Daniel Douglas
(Group Pro - 2)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #4148 posted May 8th 2020, 01:22:52 (last edited May 8th 2020, 01:39:17 by Daniel Douglas) Quote 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ May 8th 2020,00:23:22 )

I suppose. I mean, why else would Fernando Alonso keep getting a ridiculous salary for McLaren while DNF'ing so damned often :D

Haha, and he was always very frustrated!

Nah, to be completely honest I don't particularly think theres anything overly wrong with the current system and meta that is in place. That said, I was just throwing the idea out there as an alternative solution to the whole "intentionally throwing races is bad, so something should be done" conversation.

Allowing for easier dropping of motivation (through something such as training) would have huge negative impacts on the game in many areas. I think those would greatly outweigh the benefits of some people being able to push harder in a few more races...... people who are incapable or unwilling (key word is "or" there before someone gets all sideways on me) to better manage their driver's OA or people who are taking advantage of the in-game meta that currently exists.

If opening up avenues for managers to push in more races is to be explored, convincing them that intentional bad results are not best for them is, I feel, a much better route. The only way to convince folks of that is to make it less advantageous to intentionally throw those races.

If throwing 3-4 races to kill moti also resulted in a larger driver renewal salary.... many would be less inclined to do that. It would be about balancing it though, as it could easily go too far or not far enough.
Ioannis Kalogirou
(Group Amateur - 4)

Greece 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (4)
Old post #4149 posted May 8th 2020, 18:12:56 Quote 
- OK.!!!
...take Out then the MOT from OA Driver. And let the others Effects to Work like Now.!!!
...it's not Skill any way...
:)
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Pro - 13)

Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4150 posted May 8th 2020, 18:27:23 (last edited May 8th 2020, 18:28:39 by Mikko Heikkinen) Quote 
Quote ( Ioannis Kalogirou @ May 8th 2020,18:12:56 )

...take Out then the MOT from OA Driver. And let the others Effects to Work like Now.!!!

And the logic would be ?

Mot can have an effect the driver, so why should it not be included

Just because some managers lose drivers due to OA thus keep the market alive is not a reason to exclude it from OA
Daniel Douglas
(Group Pro - 2)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #4151 posted May 8th 2020, 18:27:28 Quote 

Oh?

Something tells me that isn't right.

That would have even greater negative impacts on driver markets, strategies, managerial decisions etc.
Harsh Sheth
(Group Master - 2)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #4152 posted May 8th 2020, 18:28:59 Quote 

- OK.!!!

Or we could rename Motivation to Boost, a skill that depends largely on your previous results, and as the name suggests, gives you a pace boost. A couple of training types might not make any sense anymore though, but then we can fix their names too!

A lot of the problem with Motivation might just lie in its name :P It is bizarre to suggest drivers cannot race in a particular league anymore because they're "too motivated", no wonder it pisses people off.
Ioannis Kalogirou
(Group Pro - 2)

Greece 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #4153 posted May 11th 2020, 12:02:52 Quote 
- On Driver Data it's Easy to have in Parenthesis The Statistics on Our Period.!!!
...Races, Wins, Points...

Andy Goodall
(Group Amateur - 24)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4154 posted May 11th 2020, 12:23:33 (last edited May 11th 2020, 12:24:38 by Andy Goodall) Quote 
Looking a the Tyre Supplier page and the Tyre Supplier history page, can the order of the tyre suppliers be aligned? In the history view, Avons are at the end of the list.

*edit* Conti and Hancocks are in the wrong order too (the order seems to be based on the cost price)
Alexei Malkin
(Group Master - 5)

Russian Federation 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4155 posted May 11th 2020, 12:25:21 Quote 
Quote ( Ioannis Kalogirou @ May 11th 2020,12:02:52 )

- On Driver Data it's Easy to have in Parenthesis The Statistics on Our Period.!!!
...Races, Wins, Points...

isn't it a good day today?
Max Watson
(Group Amateur - 75)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (7)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4156 posted May 11th 2020, 12:27:49 Quote 
Quote ( Ioannis Kalogirou @ May 11th 2020,12:02:52 )

I don’t think it’s necessary. Just look out for when their aggression rises by 30 and they start craving chocolate =]
Twig Fahaji
(Group Master - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #4157 posted May 12th 2020, 13:23:09 Quote 
A couple of suggestions...

1) more of a technical thing - is there any reason why GPRO logs you out so often? It's a bit frustrating to have GPRO open and then do something else for a while and then when you go to use it again you have to sign back in. I know it's a minor quibble but it's particularly annoying when you do a setup and then get redirected when you click test/practice/qualify etc. Maybe it's my own settings, if so I'd be grateful if someone told me how to change them!

2) I was going to post this before the staff market so it didn't look like sour grapes - now it probably will but here goes... factor in some sort of loyalty to TD bids. As you can't retain/extend them, perhaps it would be good if you had a slight advantage in trying to sign the same guy that you've employed before (maybe the more recent, the stronger the advantage). I'm not talking anything major, and perhaps it could be dependent on your results/motivation when you had them. Maybe there's a reason this isn't a good idea, but I just think it would be nice if there was a slight advantage on bidding for a TD who you've got before, I'm sentimental like that! Or maybe there is, I just don't know it...

Josh Clark
(Group Master - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (7)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4158 posted May 12th 2020, 18:54:22 (last edited May 12th 2020, 18:55:11 by Josh Clark) Quote 
Shower thoughts...

A Share Shortlist button for TD and Driver shortlists?

I find myself linking a lot of drivers and TDs to friends or team mates individually and would like to be able to copy every driver/TD link to clip board with a single button and paste them all at once if it is possible.
Screenshotting is viable too but I find it quite messy.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Pro - 13)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #4159 posted May 13th 2020, 02:29:44 (last edited May 13th 2020, 02:50:56 by Mikko Heikkinen) Quote 
Quote ( Twig Fahaji @ May 12th 2020,13:23:09 )

1) more of a technical thing - is there any reason why GPRO logs you out

It is a security feature.

Many websites don't care about your accounts security, giving persistent logons and as such make your account more vulnerable. It's a good thing that GPRO has an approach of securing things.

ofc. the time itself could be debatable, should it be i.e 15 or 20 minutes that's a different matter itself, but the automatic logout is a good thing and should not be removed.

and ofc there is the matter of if one is actually here when the system shows "online". For example a team-mate might need assistance, but if you have a persistent login you might be on in the woods without internet access and only a computer would be online.

Or even worse someone could use the school/workplace/library computer where you've logged in last, giving bad advice and spending all your money, basically destroying your account.

And there's also the statistics on "logged in" time/times

Maybe it's my own settings,

it's not
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Pro - 13)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #4160 posted May 13th 2020, 05:11:09 (last edited May 13th 2020, 05:21:10 by Mikko Heikkinen) Quote 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ May 13th 2020,02:29:44 )

school/workplace/library

oh and did I forget to mention also in your home...

if the device is left unattended, the timeout protects the account from tampering by other occupants, visitors/guests and/or pets :)

Cats can use computers too :P
Rastislav Padysak
(Group Amateur - 27)

Slovakia 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #4161 posted May 13th 2020, 08:11:56 Quote 

Just thinking "loud":
GPRO logs out... I close the window... Someone else opens the window, the browser suggests saved login and password...
...Wait! Whaaaaaat? Do we really believe it's a true security feature?

I believe this is how the most of the managers use their devices. Auto-log-out feature doesn't make sense for them - it's just annoying.

I agree with you Mikko, it adds some security to the system, but it makes sense only for those who don't use the browser in the way I have written above.

In the current state of the reality I agree with Twig and I think this feature should be optional or configurable.
Twig Fahaji
(Group Master - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #4162 posted May 14th 2020, 14:10:04 Quote 

1) more of a technical thing - is there any reason why GPRO logs you out

Many websites don't care about your accounts security, giving persistent logons and as such make your account more vulnerable. It's a good thing that GPRO has an approach of securing things.

ofc. the time itself could be debatable, should it be i.e 15 or 20 minutes that's a different matter itself, but the automatic logout is a good thing and should not be removed.

Ok fair enough, understand the need to have an automatic logout, even if the time is a bit short for my liking. It was more a question than a suggestion tbh, just in case there was a setting I could change.
Stefan Olofsson
(Group Pro - 11)

Sweden 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #4163 posted May 21st 2020, 18:31:15 Quote 
Driver/TD stat: Earned money (salary, fee, + bonus).
Roy Mitchell
(Group Amateur - 67)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #4164 posted May 22nd 2020, 01:34:51 Quote 
Why?
Tibor Szuromi
(Group Pro - 20)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #4165 posted May 22nd 2020, 01:43:06 Quote 
therefore
Mike Bennett
(Group Pro - 12)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #4166 posted May 22nd 2020, 01:49:50 Quote 
because
Tibor Szuromi
(Group Pro - 20)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #4167 posted May 22nd 2020, 01:52:44 Quote 
with this or that
Mike Bennett
(Group Pro - 12)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #4168 posted May 22nd 2020, 02:00:05 Quote 

Quote ( Stefan Olofsson @ May 21st 2020,18:31:15 )

TD stat:

I agree .
Jay De Snoo
(Group Master - 3)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4169 posted May 22nd 2020, 22:20:44 (last edited May 22nd 2020, 22:25:50 by Jay De Snoo) Quote 
I've tried to search but couldn't find a topic alike.

Suggestion for a small change; have the Elite top 10 as a selection option in the live race screen (same as team and friends are now). No disadvantage imo but might increase Elite - hence game - involvement and Elite betting game / Max top 10 popularity.

Just nice to have though when not in Elite ;)
Joaquín Quintana
(Group Master - 3)

Spain 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #4170 posted May 23rd 2020, 10:53:38 Quote 
I want to make a suggestion to stop the randomness implemented in the game about the weather since that infamous Season 62 at Kyalami race happened.
Page « 1 2 3 ... 138 [139140 ... 191 192 193 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic