Page « 1 2 3 ... 148 [149150 ... 191 192 193 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Suggestions 5783 replies
David Evans
(Group Amateur - 1)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4441 posted Jan 18th 2021, 19:25:46 Quote 
Was wondering as a suggestion if it would be an idea on the money and car level page to show a small q or capital Q next to the drivers name to indicate they have already qualified for the upcoming race.

I figure for anyone monitoring their rivals to assess car and finance levels, it may help indicate a little about a managers strategy for race day. For example, if they smoked the last race and you can see there money hasn't gone down to replace parts, yet they qualified, you could probably be confident they are likely to smoke again.

Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Pro - 5)

Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4442 posted Jan 18th 2021, 20:11:02 Quote 
Quote ( David Evans @ January 18th 2021,19:25:46 )

I figure for anyone monitoring their rivals to assess car and finance levels, it may help indicate a little about a managers strategy for race day.

And why on earth should that be made easier ?

IMHO "stalking" should be made more difficult, not easier
David Evans
(Group Amateur - 1)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4443 posted Jan 18th 2021, 20:16:15 Quote 
Aye, only a suggestion but a fair point. Racers certainly higher up will want to keep as much info to themselves as possible. That’s that idea shut down in one post! 😂😂
Chris Shaw
(Group Master - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #4444 posted Jan 19th 2021, 15:20:27 Quote 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ January 18th 2021,20:11:02 )

I figure for anyone monitoring their rivals to assess car and finance levels, it may help indicate a little about a managers strategy for race day.
And why on earth should that be made easier ?

IMHO "stalking" should be made more difficult, not easier

I dont agree with the OP suggestion but to answer this, because why should the game reward people who can write scrapers? It isnt a level playing field, if you wanted to monitor key managers yourself you have to invest a lot of time - for a good reward, but right now tech savvy managers or those in teams who have extensive toolsets can gain an advantage.

I would say its not that important in Ama, a little in pro but better to focus on setting your own targets and meeting them, if your success or failure is entirely dependent on the other guy doing what you anticipate then you're playing risky. Meh, I guess every advantage is "an" advantage, but the time spent spying could be spent elsewhere in GPRO
David Evans
(Group Amateur - 1)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #4445 posted Jan 19th 2021, 15:27:41 Quote 
Quote ( Chris Shaw @ January 19th 2021,15:20:27 )

I dont agree with the OP suggestion but to answer this, because why should the game reward people who can write scrapers? It isnt a level playing field, if you wanted to monitor key managers yourself you have to invest a lot of time - for a good reward, but right now tech savvy managers or those in teams who have extensive toolsets can gain an advantage.

I would say its not that important in Ama, a little in pro but better to focus on setting your own targets and meeting them, if your success or failure is entirely dependent on the other guy doing what you anticipate then you're playing risky. Meh, I guess every advantage is "an" advantage, but the time spent spying could be spent elsewhere in GPRO

Not saying I am spying, and agree, it bares no relevance to lower leagues where there is plenty to learn over what others are doing. Thats fine though, was only a suggestion amongst millions of other crap suggestions on this forum
Zé Pedro Paula
(Group Rookie - 145)

Mozambique 
Certified: 
Old post #4446 posted Jan 19th 2021, 16:23:36 Quote 

Was wondering as a suggestion if it would be an idea on the money and car level page to show a small q or capital Q next to the drivers name to indicate they have already qualified for the upcoming race.

I don't think I really get it. Like this?

/gb/Qualify12Standings.asp

I would rather show my tyre compounds every race than my finance balance. Once every season (end or start) should be enough to show the money.
David Evans
(Group Amateur - 1)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #4447 posted Jan 19th 2021, 16:55:46 Quote 
Quote ( Zé Pedro Paula @ January 19th 2021,16:23:36 )

I don't think I really get it. Like this?

not quite. I meant in the money section, an additional marker to show whether the driver has qualified or not for the upcoming race. if they haven't qualified, that could indicate they still need to spend to upgrade if they smoked the previous race or if they don't spend, may indicate they are likely to smoke again because they are trying to avoid promotion or re-sign their driver.

By building a picture of your competitors, you know where you stand in relation to your own strategy and how to subsequently manage it.

Some may say its stalking but in all honesty I say its taking everything in consideration throughout the season, trying to grasp what your rivals plans might be etc all so you can plan your own approach around it.

Marcelo Bielsa is a perfect example of researching everything down to the finer detail and he's regarding as a godfather within the football coaching world.

What ive suggested isn't exactly making the game easier, maybe it points people towards thinking about more than just what they themselves are doing which is important in the long run.
Jukka Sireni2
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4448 posted Jan 19th 2021, 17:32:31 Quote 
Spying is overrated. You should optimise your own package, not react to every little thing you see someone else do.
David Evans
(Group Amateur - 1)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #4449 posted Jan 19th 2021, 17:37:39 Quote 
Quote ( Jukka Sireni @ January 19th 2021,17:32:31 )

Spying is overrated. You should optimise your own package, not react to every little thing you see someone else do.

or do both....
Stuart Foster
(Group Pro - 20)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #4450 posted Jan 21st 2021, 21:20:12 Quote 
David, if you go to the Q1 and Q2 standings it clearly shows everyone that has and has not qualified. You could put your Bielsa hat on and divulge that information next to having a tab open with the money balances. I think your intentions are good and true, but you have to be prepared aswell to put the work in yourself for things like that, rather than the game giving you a clear pointer. Good managers already monitor their rivals. Why should lives me made easier for lazy managers when good managers are already doing what isn't on a plate for them? Please don't take the critcism the wrong way, but I don't think things like this should me made 'easy'.

Best of luck for the season:)
Miel Soeterbroek
(Group Master - 3)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #4451 posted Jan 21st 2021, 21:25:17 Quote 
Since when is opening an extra tab “putting the work in” lol
Tibor Szuromi
(Group Amateur - 4)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4452 posted Jan 21st 2021, 21:28:17 Quote 
Quote ( Jukka Sireni @ January 19th 2021,17:32:31 )

So true. That's true.
Stuart Foster
(Group Pro - 20)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #4453 posted Jan 21st 2021, 21:29:39 Quote 

Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ January 21st 2021,21:25:17 )

Since when is opening an extra tab “putting the work in” lol

ask @Mikko Heikkinen (P5) :) lol
Ilia Lilov
(Group Amateur - 16)

Bulgaria 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #4454 posted Jan 21st 2021, 22:37:51 Quote 
I think it would be nice if we can get the numerical value of PHA for each track on the season calendar list.
Something like https://ibb.co/jyNhKy4

Excuse my pro paint skills.
David Evans
(Group Amateur - 1)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #4455 posted Jan 21st 2021, 23:17:58 Quote 
But that would be making it too easy........ 😂
Ilia Lilov
(Group Amateur - 16)

Bulgaria 
Certified: 
Like this post (8)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4456 posted Jan 21st 2021, 23:22:31 (last edited Jan 21st 2021, 23:22:51 by Ilia Lilov) Quote 
That weird moment when you realise that your suggestion already exists (kinda) and you just didn't know about it ....
/gb/ViewTracks.asp?mode=calendar
Zé Pedro Paula
(Group Rookie - 145)

Mozambique 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #4457 posted Jan 22nd 2021, 18:11:42 (last edited Jan 22nd 2021, 18:13:48 by Zé Pedro Paula) Quote 
Quote ( Ilia Lilov @ January 21st 2021,23:22:31 )

That weird moment when you realise that your suggestion already exists (kinda) and you just didn't know about it ....

I think that's pretty common actually. Would even suggest to change those buttons to... red... vivid red, or fuchsia. And blinking.

Kidding!! I "don't" want to change the game that "much". But the weather icons could blink and show an alert sign. :-D
Steven Rose
(Group Amateur - 50)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #4458 posted Jan 24th 2021, 23:01:22 Quote 
One thing missing although more of an annoyance or cosmetic more than anything.

Is there scope to add a "back to top" button on forum topics? So that we can jump back to the top of the page if we so wish?
George Togas
(Group Master - 4)

Greece 
Certified: 
Old post #4459 posted Jan 24th 2021, 23:04:40 Quote 
Quote ( Steven Rose @ January 24th 2021,23:01:22 )

Is there scope to add a "back to top" button on forum topics? So that we can jump back to the top of the page if we so wish?
I use Opera as a browser.
Clicking on the tab takes you directly to the top of the page no matter what site you are browsing.
Clicking again takes you back where you were before you go to the top
Steven Rose
(Group Amateur - 50)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #4460 posted Jan 24th 2021, 23:07:32 Quote 
Quote ( George Togas @ January 24th 2021,23:04:40 )

Quote ( Steven Rose @ January 24th 2021,23:01:22 )

I use Opera as a browser.
Clicking on the tab takes you directly to the top of the page no matter what site you are browsing.
Clicking again takes you back where you were before you go to the top

Yeah I suppose there are some browsers that already have a similar function but may not work so well on mobile devices.

Was just a thought but as I say its probably more just cosmetic/a minor annoyance.
George Togas
(Group Master - 4)

Greece 
Certified: 
Old post #4461 posted Jan 24th 2021, 23:15:39 Quote 
Quote ( Steven Rose @ January 24th 2021,23:07:32 )

Yeah I suppose there are some browsers that already have a similar function but may not work so well on mobile devices.
Right, that doesn't work on mobiles
Kshitij Sharma
(Group Amateur - 24)

India 
Certified: 
Like this post (9)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #4462 posted Jan 26th 2021, 06:41:23 (last edited Jan 26th 2021, 07:02:28 by Kshitij Sharma) Quote 
There should be an indication for championship position of managers on grid/qualify standings.
For example, when the managers have scored points you can get an idea of the approximate standings, but many managers who are without points it becomes difficult for Comparison to know your qualify pace with respect to other people in the group without points.I have to open season standings side by side by to check it .
Farkhad Rakhimzhanov
(Group Amateur - 63)

Kazakhstan 
Certified: 
Old post #4463 posted Jan 26th 2021, 07:34:26 Quote 
Can we have manageable quick links to favorite groups under Qualify Standings & maybe other Standings pages? Example https://imgur.com/umm6M4Y
Lauren Earnest
(Group Pro - 8)

Luxembourg 
Certified: 
Old post #4464 posted Jan 26th 2021, 10:35:56 Quote 
@Kshitij Sharma (A24) if i get you right . you can look on the page
standing grid ( there you can see ) the points scored by managers .
Kshitij Sharma
(Group Amateur - 24)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #4465 posted Jan 26th 2021, 12:10:25 Quote 
Quote ( Lauren Earnest @ January 26th 2021,10:35:56 )

@Kshitij Sharma (A24) if i get you right . you can look on the page
standing grid ( there you can see ) the points scored by managers .

There are many managers with 0 points throughout the season so how will you compare with them if you are one with 0 points
Toni Kazanjyan
(Group Pro - 3)

Armenia 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (3)
Old post #4466 posted Jan 26th 2021, 12:57:54 Quote 
@Kshitij Sharma (A24) i used to do it on paper, each manager in my group
before and after race , and through the season the list became shorter and shorter.
also depends on my situation & and am i fighting to survive or to promote.
the game should not give you everything for press of a button !
some effort is needed.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Group Master - 3)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #4467 posted Jan 28th 2021, 17:17:34 (last edited Jan 28th 2021, 17:17:51 by Miel Soeterbroek) Quote 
The discrepancy in LA mode of having access to staff/fac and ccp histories, but not to past race analysis data still tickles my OCD in all the wrong ways. Can that be aligned? Don't even care on which side, just treat them equally :)
Luke Frost
(Group Amateur - 88)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (13)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4468 posted Jan 30th 2021, 12:19:08 Quote 
Add Notifications:

(with ability to turn then on/off for manager specific options)

1. for when a shortlisted driver/TD goes onto/off the market
2. when staff max level falls below trainable staff
3. when someone quotes/likes your forum post
4. when big events happen in watched teams
5. when managers on friends list break a track record
Matías Alloatti
(Group Amateur - 83)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Like this post (8)   Dislike this post (3)
Old post #4469 posted Jan 30th 2021, 17:51:40 Quote 
Hello, I don't know if this has been suggested before.

My suggestion is to implement a theater replay. It would be just for fun, no benefits in any way but having a good time watching a race replay.

I often like to see my race compared to my teammates races. So I open more than one windows tab and play all the replays at the same time so I can see both my race and their races. I know I can simply see the friends ranking at the race summary to compare, but I like to see us actually racing. You can imagine is hard to track more than 4 races if I wished.

The idea is to have a theater replay in which I can select my race and races from people I wish to see, all of them in one windows tab. This would imply of course that cars will not interact each other. Cars will only move as they did in their races, even racing on top of each other as if they were ghosts, but all of them would be displayed in the same track at the same time. There is no need to show their times, race position, elapsed laps or any other info if that's too complicated to recalculate.

Again this is not a suggestion to improve the game in any way, this is a feature I'm proposing to have fun.
Jonathan Beagles
(Group Pro - 20)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #4470 posted Jan 30th 2021, 17:57:55 Quote 
Love that idea Matias :)
Page « 1 2 3 ... 148 [149150 ... 191 192 193 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic