Page « 1 2 3 ... 157 [158159 ... 191 192 193 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Suggestions 5783 replies
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Group Pro - 1)

Iceland 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4711 posted Apr 2nd 2021, 23:27:46 Quote 
I would like to move this idea here
/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=30096#scroll

Basically to have an "open" race replay viewer with the ability to select Teammates/Friends or possibly any manager as a Ghost in a race replay scenario.

Not sure about the added server load..

Please comment
Ioannis Kalogirou
(Group Master - 4)

Greece 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4712 posted Apr 4th 2021, 00:01:41 (last edited Apr 4th 2021, 00:10:03 by Ioannis Kalogirou) Quote 
- We are Managers, ...as Say Mikko.!!!
...Ok. Why we have Only one Driver.???
...I Thing it will Interesting Except the Main One to have and a Second Lower Category Skills Driver with 51 races contract plus another 51.
- We Use any one we want to races and testing.
...more details will find them (how grow up EXP,MOT, How after the 51 Races we can Put on free Market and have 10% earns from his salary (like Real Pimps), ...or Others)
:)

Ricardo Antunes
(Group Pro - 18)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4713 posted Apr 4th 2021, 00:04:40 Quote 
Why do people keep suggesting changes that completely change the game? If you want that go make a different game!

If something is very wrong, yes, we should fix it. What you are describing is a totally different game.
Ioannis Kalogirou
(Group Master - 4)

Greece 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #4714 posted Apr 4th 2021, 00:23:22 (last edited Apr 4th 2021, 00:24:47 by Ioannis Kalogirou) Quote 
Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ April 4th 2021,00:04:40 )

Why do people keep suggesting changes that completely change the game? If you want that go make a different game!

I Play this Game Ricardo 6,5 Years and never lost a Race.!!!
...When I Began the Managers it was 12.000.!!! ...Now are 5.000
...The Game Dies.!!!
...I Suggest to Many Really Interesting Things to Save it.!!! That's Why.!!!
:)
Ricardo Antunes
(Group Pro - 18)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #4715 posted Apr 4th 2021, 00:25:25 (last edited Apr 4th 2021, 00:29:16 by Ricardo Antunes) Quote 
There are literally 10000 managers online right now.

EDIT: I was told otherwise. Curse you Vladmin

But even then, you cant just expect these changes to be made. This is too radical. I feel like the game is getting more alive, from a new player's perspective, it is getting more and more interesting. A lot of young people joining and participating in the forums. The game isn't dying (in my opinion)
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Pro - 5)

Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (3)
Old post #4716 posted Apr 4th 2021, 03:17:56 (last edited Apr 4th 2021, 03:46:56 by Mikko Heikkinen) Quote 
Quote ( Ioannis Kalogirou @ April 4th 2021,00:23:22 )

I Play this Game Ricardo 6,5 Years and never lost a Race.!!!
...When I Began the Managers it was 12.000.!!! ...Now are 5.000

(there were ~7000 participants in last race, not 5000)

Also... There are facts missing from your statements, it is possible that you just don't know them (yet)

Yes, roughly six years ago there was a peak in stats for users, but that was an inflated figure by an expensive marketing campaign, which didn't yield "real users", but instead "quick visits".

For the past X seasons (let's say 20) the participation amount has remained roughly the same level.

Sadly that add campaign had at least 2 negative impacts:
1) it cost money without yielding much tangible benefit
2) it distorted the user statistics
and maybe even more...

Quote ( Ioannis Kalogirou @ April 4th 2021,00:23:22 )

...The Game Dies.!!!

Statements like that are dangerous, as they can become self-fulfilling prophesies, even IF they aren't based on complete facts.

Specially if repeated over and over again
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Group Pro - 1)

Iceland 
Certified: 
Old post #4717 posted Apr 4th 2021, 09:21:59 (last edited Apr 4th 2021, 09:23:45 by Atli Thor Johannesson) Quote 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ April 4th 2021,03:17:56 )

Statements like that are dangerous, as they can become self-fulfilling prophesies, even IF they aren't based on complete facts.
Specially if repeated over and over again

I really hate it when people do that, in the name of protecting the game.

Ioannis Kalogirou
(Group Master - 4)

Greece 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #4718 posted Apr 4th 2021, 09:54:53 (last edited Apr 4th 2021, 10:03:56 by Ioannis Kalogirou) Quote 
Quote ( Atli Thor Johannesson @ April 4th 2021,09:21:59 )

...Maybe I am ΟΝCE Dangerous for the Game.!!!
...You, How Many Times More Dangerous Are You.??? ...to STOP the Evolution.!!! ...to Hide the Real Dangerous.!!! ...to Try to Keep the Game BACK.???

If I am DANGEROUS Mr ALTI, ...VLAD it can DELETE ME.-

Ricardo Antunes
(Group Pro - 18)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4719 posted Apr 4th 2021, 10:08:09 (last edited Apr 4th 2021, 10:09:08 by Ricardo Antunes) Quote 
Making changes to increase player interest isn't the same as creating a brand new game.

The issue you are presenting here is that new players don't stay.

The issue you are "fixing" is the game mechanics need to be completely reinvented

Can you imagine the loads of people who would leave because of that? Small changes already make lots of people angry and you are suggesting completely changing the game as it is known. For the problem you are trying to fix, that is a terrible opinion, because it will have exactly the opposite effect than intended: people start leaving.
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Group Pro - 1)

Iceland 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4720 posted Apr 4th 2021, 10:36:35 (last edited Apr 4th 2021, 10:50:00 by Atli Thor Johannesson) Quote 
Quote ( Ioannis Kalogirou @ April 4th 2021,09:54:53 )

Quote ( Atli Thor Johannesson @ April 4th 2021,09:21:59 )

...Maybe I am ΟΝCE Dangerous for the Game.!!!
...You, How Many Times More Dangerous Are You.??? ...to STOP the Evolution.!!! ...to Hide the Real Dangerous.!!! ...to Try to Keep the Game BACK.??
If I am DANGEROUS Mr ALTI, ...VLAD it can DELETE ME.

No Ioannis, I do not think you are bad for the game and definitely do not want you gone.

I do think YOU want the BEST for Gpro, but I just think the method you use (doomsday method) is counter productive. :)
imagine this scenario:
A new player just started playing Gpro and thinks its fun, but complicated.
He goes on the forum to learn and sees all these posts from experienced managers saying the game is dying....
And he stops playing since he reads that the game is dying,, so whats the point for him to putting a lot of effort in learning it, only for the game to die?

Therefore, try to put your ideas forward without screaming "The game is dying",,, we need to do this or that,, or the game dies... etc.. etc..

I agree with many of your ideas Ioannis, but there is a good "idea filter" in many of the managers and any idea, needs to go the rounds on the forum.

If its a great idea and the idea survives being picked apart on the forum, it often is implemented.
But, sometimes I think an idea is great, until i'm shown the bigger picture of possible consequences of implementing said idea (abuse etc..), I have changed my mind

So,, I don't want you out of the game and I don't want you to stop trying to bring new ideas on the table, as I think you are a very smart man, hindered a bit by language, but you do take criticism of your ideas, to personally. ;)

Hence, don't stop Ioannis, but tone the "Game is dying" down, just a little bit. :)
Tibor Szuromi
(Group Amateur - 4)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #4721 posted Apr 4th 2021, 10:38:32 Quote 
Do not quarrel!
Ioannis Kalogirou
(Group Master - 4)

Greece 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4722 posted Apr 4th 2021, 10:54:53 Quote 
Quote ( Atli Thor Johannesson @ April 4th 2021,10:36:35 )

Hence, don't stop Ioannis, but tone the "Game is dying" down, just a little bit. :)

....OK Atli.!!! I will do it.-
Peter Willmore
(Group Master - 2)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4723 posted Apr 4th 2021, 11:03:44 (last edited Apr 4th 2021, 11:04:01 by Peter Willmore) Quote 
Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ April 4th 2021,10:08:09 )

The issue you are presenting here is that new players don't stay.

Sadly this is quite a difficult one to fix as most of the people who come and don't stay will be because this is truly not what they are looking for and without a radical change which would likely destroy the game totally as it would be way behind others in that field, with a much smaller development budget , then add to that the majority of people who actually support the game would likely leave further destroying the finances, it would be a death spiral.

GPRO is a niche game and has as others have pointed out had pretty stable numbers since they stopped the big marketing push, which just resulted in a massive turnover of players in a short time, those who point back to those numbers truly don't understand them , rookie was the biggest mess it had ever been, things are slowly recovering with the restructing of the pyramid we have seen over recent times.

I would argue the only way to grow the game would be figuring out how to identify the right type of people to market towards at a minimal cost rather than changing the game drasticall, of course decent changes which bring something to the game are always beneficial, but I think there are plenty of the current gameplay balances which need to be fixed before any major changes

Sorry for the rambling :)
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Group Pro - 1)

Iceland 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4724 posted Apr 4th 2021, 11:06:58 Quote 
Quote ( Ioannis Kalogirou @ April 4th 2021,10:54:53 )

....OK Atli.!!! I will do it.-

Thank you Ioannis. :)

I think the managers acting as an "idea filter" (Mikko etc..) love the game just as much as we do, but they see "changes" from a different angle,, from a "game protective" point of view.
Basically the point of view, that big changes can be more dangerous for the game survival, than changing nothing.

We can agree or disagree with that point of view, but we all do have one thing in common Ioannis,, we love Gpro!! :) :)
Tibor Szuromi
(Group Amateur - 4)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #4725 posted Apr 4th 2021, 11:30:14 Quote 
More than 10,000 manager GPROs are the real ...
Floris Maljers
(Group Rookie - 151)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #4726 posted Apr 4th 2021, 11:51:37 Quote 
Quote ( Peter Willmore @ April 4th 2021,11:03:44 )

I would argue the only way to grow the game would be figuring out how to identify the right type of people to market towards at a minimal cost rather than changing the game drastically

This is a very very good point
Jim Becker
(Group Amateur - 36)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #4727 posted Apr 4th 2021, 11:58:38 Quote 
Auto - Mark All As Read - on sale now at 7-11, Bangkok test market.
Jody Parker
(Group Pro - 1)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #4728 posted Apr 4th 2021, 13:09:55 Quote 
Instead of a second driver to Test with and Train a "Youth Scout"; a staff member who actively looks for a young driver, backed by a test/train facility for a youngster to try make it a driver worth having.
Then at regular intervals, how regular depending on the staff skill and facility, a young promising driver is presented to the manager to either sign or dismiss, and needing to be dismissed before the a new one can be scouted out.
If signed the old driver is fired, unless having no driver of course.
Maybe even som option to concentrate Youth Scouting/Testing/Training in some particular direction.
Said young promising driver would not be open to the rest of the market until dismissed and would come in as a new driver then so no one would know, except the one dismissing him/her, that it was from a player account.
Benefit would be being able to steer in some small way some stat of the driver and being able to sign them at a low wage, as well as not having to engage in a bidding war.
The investment to get said driver with low wage would be a deterrent for many perhaps though, as to get those benefits you would need to pay extra wages and facility for a potentially long period of time
Teagarden Wrecks
(Group Amateur - 44)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #4729 posted Apr 4th 2021, 15:51:15 Quote 
Quote ( Jody Parker @ April 4th 2021,13:09:55 )

Instead of a second driver to Test with and Train a "Youth Scout"; a staff member who actively looks for a young driver, backed by a test/train facility for a youngster to try make it a driver worth having.
Then at regular intervals, how regular depending on the staff skill and facility, a young promising driver is presented to the manager to either sign or dismiss, and needing to be dismissed before the a new one can be scouted out.
If signed the old driver is fired, unless having no driver of course.
Maybe even som option to concentrate Youth Scouting/Testing/Training in some particular direction.
Said young promising driver would not be open to the rest of the market until dismissed and would come in as a new driver then so no one would know, except the one dismissing him/her, that it was from a player account.
Benefit would be being able to steer in some small way some stat of the driver and being able to sign them at a low wage, as well as not having to engage in a bidding war.
The investment to get said driver with low wage would be a deterrent for many perhaps though, as to get those benefits you would need to pay extra wages and facility for a potentially long period of time

I like this idea in principle. I guess it really depend on how it is actually implemented.
Would bring another interesting wrinkle to the finance management side of the game.
Darren Brown
(Group Rookie - 123)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #4730 posted Apr 4th 2021, 17:44:54 Quote 
A suggestion towards helping new players?

There has been many suggestions regarding helping new players or those like myself mathmatically challenged haha. and i dont recall seeing what i am about to put.

how about a table in no paticular order of the formulas used within the game and throw in some that are not used

for example:-

=roundup
=avg
=if
etc etc.

This way there is nothing changed within the game, players still have to work out what goes where with what bit of information etc etc.

i dont or cant think of any disadvantages to the game, just a little information pointing those who may need it in the right direction.

Thanks for reading

Jukka Sireni2
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #4731 posted Apr 4th 2021, 18:13:43 Quote 
+
-
/

Like this?
Ricardo Antunes
(Group Pro - 18)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #4732 posted Apr 4th 2021, 18:14:19 Quote 
Quote ( Jukka Sireni @ April 4th 2021,18:13:43 )

+
-
/

Like this?

You need to throw some that are not used.
Stuart Foster
(Group Master - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #4733 posted Apr 4th 2021, 18:17:14 Quote 

GPRO is a niche game and has as others have pointed out had pretty stable numbers since they stopped the big marketing push, which just resulted in a massive turnover of players in a short time, those who point back to those numbers truly don't understand them , rookie was the biggest mess it had ever been, things are slowly recovering with the restructing of the pyramid we have seen over recent times.

I think at one point we had 416 rookie groups. Most of them with about 5 people racing. I wonder who actually thought, or agreed, that it was a good idea.
Tibor Szuromi
(Group Amateur - 4)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #4734 posted Apr 4th 2021, 18:22:26 Quote 
"Treasury optimism."
Robin Goodey
(Group Elite)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #4735 posted Apr 4th 2021, 18:23:28 Quote 
Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ April 4th 2021,18:14:19 )

Quote ( Jukka Sireni @ April 4th 2021,18:13:43 )

+
-
/

Like this?

You need to throw some that are not used.

=

;)
Tibor Szuromi
(Group Amateur - 4)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #4736 posted Apr 4th 2021, 18:59:11 Quote 
Sin
Cos
Zé Pedro Paula
(Group Amateur - 16)

Mozambique 
Certified: 
Old post #4737 posted Apr 5th 2021, 08:43:09 (last edited Apr 5th 2021, 08:45:06 by Zé Pedro Paula) Quote 
Quote ( Floris Maljers @ April 4th 2021,11:51:37 )

"I would argue the only way to grow the game would be figuring out how to identify the right type of people to market towards at a minimal cost rather than changing the game drastically
"

This is a very very good point

They are in the Uni's. Coming out of abstract sciences. Also theoretical and quantum physics are a good base to start here. And they are used to be lectured.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Group Elite)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #4738 posted Apr 6th 2021, 11:59:06 Quote 
When you click on a P lap, that lap's configuration is copied to the P/Q form. I think it'd be nice if the lap comments radio selector changes accordingly as well on that click.
Ania Piekarska
(Group Elite)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #4739 posted Apr 6th 2021, 12:57:45 Quote 
Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ April 6th 2021,11:59:06 )

When you click on a P lap, that lap's configuration is copied to the P/Q form.
Woah! I never knew this was a thing!
Ricardo Antunes
(Group Pro - 18)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #4740 posted Apr 6th 2021, 12:58:37 Quote 
Quote ( Ania Piekarska @ April 6th 2021,12:57:45 )

Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ April 6th 2021,11:59:06 )

When you click on a P lap, that lap's configuration is copied to the P/Q form. Woah! I never knew this was a thing!

It's official, Ric knew something an Elite manager didn't

Put me in there already!
Page « 1 2 3 ... 157 [158159 ... 191 192 193 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic