Page « 1 2 [34 ... 19 20 21 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Je suis Charlie 618 replies
Heite Schaumann
(Group Pro - 24)

Switzerland 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #61 posted Jan 8th 2015, 15:44:40 Quote 
Quote ( Stefan Voggenreither @ January 8th 2015,15:37:00 )

I didn't see your post, but as it seems it was a pic that didn't "discussed" intolerance but it was merely some kind of politics. Whereas I could agree with you that it is also an important issue, it is not really linked to this tragedy in my opinion. But I'm open to being convinced otherwise...

i explained it to the person who censored it, but i doubt his narrow mind is capable to get the sense.

My 2 words were intended in the satiric spirit of the brave people who have been killed
Aymeric Gaurat
(Group Amateur - 15)

France 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #62 posted Jan 8th 2015, 15:46:57 Quote 
I am all the people who died because of terrorism all over the world and ignored by occidental mass medias because they are not white people.

I am the two policemen killed WITH Charlie.

I am disgusted to see that there is more or less a certain scale to evaluate the suffering of the people and so the support that come from people after the drama.

I am supporter of all victims of terrorism, not only Charlie.

Kirsty Ridley
(Group Amateur - 59)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #63 posted Jan 8th 2015, 15:53:10 Quote 
I don't think its people 'choosing' to support Charlie more, or due to being white. It's defence of freedom of speech, to know people can write what they choose, within the law, or even outside of it, and not be shot in cold blood. It's knowing that you could be sued for what you write, you could lose your job, you could lose respect/friends/position, but at no time should it end in you losing your life!!! The support is for the idea that you can be shot for cartoons.

Aymeric Gaurat
(Group Amateur - 15)

France 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #64 posted Jan 8th 2015, 15:58:43 Quote 
Come on Kirsty, there is no freedom of speech, everything is controlled, do you know how press and television editors work ?

In France, for example, humorists do not have the right to make jokes about jewish religion, but they are absolutely free to make ones concerning black people or muslims.

Freedom of speech is an illusional concept.
Kirsty Ridley
(Group Amateur - 59)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #65 posted Jan 8th 2015, 15:59:41 Quote 
True, maybe it is defence of the illusion then.
Mehdi El Fathy
(Group Amateur - 66)

Morocco 
Certified: 
Old post #66 posted Jan 8th 2015, 16:00:54 Quote 
Quote ( Aymeric Gaurat @ January 8th 2015,15:58:43 )

Come on Kirsty, there is no freedom of speech, everything is controlled, do you know how press and television editors work ?

+1 Aymeric.

Sasha Lamounier
(Group Pro - 25)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #67 posted Jan 8th 2015, 16:02:52 Quote 
JE SUIS CHARLIE!!!

Remember that freedom is the most important principle that gives us the capacity TO LIVE THE SPORT without fear of retaliation. The topic is really helpful and the fact deserves our solidarity.
Kirsty Ridley
(Group Amateur - 59)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #68 posted Jan 8th 2015, 16:07:42 (last edited Jan 8th 2015, 16:08:11 by Kirsty Ridley) Quote 
Thing is, I agree with the basic point of Aymerics post, but not the scorn with which it is written. No one is intentionally trying to belittle other terror acts, or other people who have been victims of such events.

I love these threads of supports, it reminds us we all feel horror at such things and that it is only a small percentage of people in the world that can behave that way. Perhaps it does show that we are ignoring the less publicised acts of terror, but still would prefer to see this than none at all.
Mark Witney
(Group Amateur - 39)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #69 posted Jan 8th 2015, 16:09:09 Quote 
Quote ( Aymeric Gaurat @ January 8th 2015,15:46:57 )

I am disgusted to see that there is more or less a certain scale to evaluate the suffering of the people and so the support that come from people after the drama.

Possibly depends which country you live in and their/your definition of terrorism, but discussing that verges on the political side and we aren't going into that.
Martin Warnett
(Group Amateur - 118)

Wales 
Certified: 
Old post #70 posted Jan 8th 2015, 16:09:46 Quote 
Quote ( Aymeric Gaurat @ January 8th 2015,15:58:43 )

In France, for example, humorists do not have the right to make jokes about jewish religion, but they are absolutely free to make ones concerning black people or muslims.

Freedom of speech is an illusional concept.

Care to show us the suppression of French humorists re Jewish jokes? Since that's an anti-semitic trope it would be nice for you to actually back it up.

Freedom of speech isn't an absolute; it comes with responsiblity to accept consequences - legal consequences not animalistic behaviour.

PS; The Charlie Hegbo magazine attacked all religions...
Tiago Meireles
(Group Pro - 2)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #71 posted Jan 8th 2015, 16:10:18 (last edited Jan 8th 2015, 16:11:57 by Tiago Meireles) Quote 
Quote ( Shoaib Mohamed @ January 8th 2015,11:57:34 )

Absolutely disgusting incident. I don't agree that freedom of speech should be absolute but certainly no one should have to pay for it with their lives either

well said!

I am supporter of all victims of terrorism, not only Charlie.

totally agree
Jimmy De Roy
(Group Master - 3)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #72 posted Jan 8th 2015, 16:12:26 Quote 
The pen is more powerful then the sword

Je suis Charlie
Emmanuel Chamillard
(Group Amateur - 26)

France 
Certified: 
Old post #73 posted Jan 8th 2015, 16:19:32 Quote 
Je suis Charlie
Jon Day
(Group Rookie - 219)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #74 posted Jan 8th 2015, 16:28:36 (last edited Jan 8th 2015, 16:29:01 by Jon Day) Quote 

I am all the people who died because of terrorism all over the world and ignored by occidental mass medias because they are not white people
Makes me feel like I should appolgise for being "white" reading that.

Personally I could care less what colour Charlie was, what colour any of the other victims were, or even for that matter what colour the guys who pulled the trigger were.
What I do care about is the fact that some people feel the need to kill other human beings in defence of a bloody cartoon! That is indeed a tragedy.

RIP to them all.
Jake Stothard
(Group Amateur - 46)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #75 posted Jan 8th 2015, 16:30:52 (last edited Jan 8th 2015, 22:21:44 by Kevin Parkinson) Quote 
"The editorial staff of Hebdo consistently aimed to provoke Muslims. They ascribe to the same edgy-white-guy mentality that many American cartoonists do: nothing is sacred, sacred targets are funnier, lighten up, criticism is censorship. And just like American cartoonists, they and their supporters are wrong. White men punching down is not a recipe for good satire, and needs to be called out. People getting upset does not prove that the satire was good. And, this is the hardest part, the murder of the satirists in question does not prove that their satire was good. Their satire was bad, and remains bad. Their satire was racist, and remains racist. (...)
The statement, “JE SUIS CHARLIE” works to erase and ignore the magazine’s history of xenophobia, racism, and homophobia. For us to truly honor the victims of a terrorist attack on free speech, we must not spread hateful racism blithely, and we should not take pride in extreme attacks on oppressed and marginalized peoples."
http://www.hoodedutilitarian.com/2015/01/in-the-wake-of-char...

'Nobody should have been killed over those cartoons. Flubber those cartoons.'
Mehdi El Fathy
(Group Amateur - 66)

Morocco 
Certified: 
Old post #76 posted Jan 8th 2015, 16:32:08 Quote 
Quote ( Jon Day @ January 8th 2015,16:28:36 )

Personally I could care less what colour Charlie was

White as it is a newspaper.
Jon Day
(Group Rookie - 219)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #77 posted Jan 8th 2015, 16:35:34 Quote 
Quote ( Mehdi El Fathy @ January 8th 2015,16:32:08 )

White as it is a newspaper.
I think you'll find it was all colours.
Rafael Zambrano
(Group Amateur - 55)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #78 posted Jan 8th 2015, 16:38:00 Quote 
no war please , just dont let they enter in the europe anymore
Mehdi El Fathy
(Group Amateur - 66)

Morocco 
Certified: 
Old post #79 posted Jan 8th 2015, 16:39:01 Quote 
Quote ( Jon Day @ January 8th 2015,16:35:34 )

I think you'll find it was all colours.

I was referring to the paper's colors and not anything else.
As far as I know on a newspaper only the first page could be multicolor as it can have an image printed in it.

But then when it comes to writing it won't be written in blue over a green paper
Diego Mahecha
(Group Amateur - 28)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #80 posted Jan 8th 2015, 16:42:24 Quote 
Je suis Charlie!
Hamd Kazimi
(Group Rookie - 60)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #81 posted Jan 8th 2015, 16:42:32 Quote 
I'm amazed with the retarding ability some people have when they take other lives for granted..truly horrific incident, but then again I'm here to support innocent lives and their families not a paper supporting sensitive issues just to promote their sales.
Filipe Oliveira
(Group Amateur - 58)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #82 posted Jan 8th 2015, 16:42:33 Quote 
I think we have to be careful not to stigmatize all Muslims as terrorists. These three terrorists do not represent the thinking of the majority.

There are radicals and idiots everywhere.
Jon Day
(Group Rookie - 219)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #83 posted Jan 8th 2015, 16:44:02 Quote 
Quote ( Filipe Oliveira @ January 8th 2015,16:42:33 )

I think we have to be careful not to stigmatize all Muslims as terrorists
I didnt think anyone had?
Daneks Britāls
(Group Amateur - 5)

Latvia 
Certified: 
Old post #84 posted Jan 8th 2015, 16:51:39 Quote 
Quote ( Filipe Oliveira @ January 8th 2015,16:42:33 )

I think we have to be careful not to stigmatize all Muslims as terrorists.

Bingo! Someone made it to look like muslims is guilty. I don't think so.

Quote ( Jon Day @ January 8th 2015,16:44:02 )

I didnt think anyone had?

In this world we have many different people. This violent attack was made for a reason that here will be many people who will read it in a easy way and turn their attention to muslim world.
Jon Day
(Group Rookie - 219)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #85 posted Jan 8th 2015, 16:53:45 Quote 
Quote ( Daneks Britāls @ January 8th 2015,16:51:39 )

In this world we have many different people. This violent attack was made for a reason that here will be many people who will read it in a easy way and turn their attention to muslim world.
Then lets hope they leave GPRO before they do!
Aymeric Gaurat
(Group Amateur - 15)

France 
Certified: 
Old post #86 posted Jan 8th 2015, 16:59:47 (last edited Jan 8th 2015, 17:03:44 by Aymeric Gaurat) Quote 
Quote ( Martin Warnett @ January 8th 2015,16:09:46 )
Care to show us the suppression of French humorists re Jewish jokes? Since that's an anti-semitic trope it would be nice for you to actually back it up.

Sorry, I do not understand this one, my english is not so good.

Freedom of speech isn't an absolute; it comes with responsiblity to accept consequences - legal consequences not animalistic behaviour.

It should be absolute ! We are in 2015, clowns had more freedom of speech in middle age than humorists today... Only actions should be condemned by laws not words...

PS; The Charlie Hebdo magazine attacked all religions...

Not really actually. Catholists, Jews and Muslims are not the only believers.

But, my opinion was on the over powered support from people because they could see that on their television... What would happen if people could see on tv Israel soldiers in random shooting over Palestinian childs or Americans soldiers torturing convicts it would be very interesting, but for our medias, it doesn't appear as "terrorism".

terrorism is the new currency of the 21st century.
Daneks Britāls
(Group Amateur - 5)

Latvia 
Certified: 
Old post #87 posted Jan 8th 2015, 17:01:01 Quote 
Quote ( Aymeric Gaurat @ January 8th 2015,16:59:47 )

It should be absolute ! We are in 2015, clowns had more freedom of speech in middle age than humorists today... Only actions should be condemned by laws not words...

Finally I found something to 100% agree with!
Martin Warnett
(Group Amateur - 118)

Wales 
Certified: 
Old post #88 posted Jan 8th 2015, 17:05:15 Quote 

Utter rubbish. Internet forums are full of garbage, there's your free speech.

People want the freedom to say whatever they like without accepting responsibility for the comments they make, yelling "freedom of speech".

But, my opinion was on the over powered support from people because they could see that on their television...

You're free to believe that. By the same token people are free to investigate the Pallywood industry.
Chris Oldham
(Group Amateur - 64)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #89 posted Jan 8th 2015, 17:06:02 Quote 
Je suis Charlie!

Very devestating to hear about such an incident. All because of two pictures in a comic strip! Why can't we all just get along and live peacefully side by side?

Liberte D'Expression!
Kirsty Ridley
(Group Amateur - 59)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #90 posted Jan 8th 2015, 17:06:37 Quote 

It should be absolute ! We are in 2015, clowns had more freedom of speech in middle age than humorists today... Only actions should be condemned by laws not words..

I don't agree with this. Words can cause wars, trigger huge reactions, words are not harmless. However, they shouldn't be a reason to die.
Page « 1 2 [34 ... 19 20 21 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic