Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > [MAFIA] [D5] The Black Ship Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page [12 3 ... 66 67 68 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: [MAFIA] [D5] The Black Ship 2033 replies
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Group Pro - 24)

Topic mod
Mexico 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1 posted Jul 11th 2016, 23:57:27 (last edited Aug 11th 2016, 13:32:28 by Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo) Quote 

CURRENT STATUS:

Game over CULT WINS

Anybody can post in thia thread

Anyone interested in joining this game as replacement please post on the General Mafia thread or PM me.

Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Group Pro - 24)

Topic mod
Mexico 
Certified: 
Old post #2 posted Jul 11th 2016, 23:59:23 (last edited Aug 9th 2016, 07:25:09 by Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo) Quote 
Current Deadline

Lynch Deadline Tuesday Aug 9, @ 21:00 CET
With 9 players alive, 5 votes are required for Instalynch if this happens please stop posting immediately
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Group Pro - 24)

Topic mod
Mexico 
Certified: 
Old post #3 posted Jul 12th 2016, 00:00:04 (last edited Jul 12th 2016, 09:10:18 by Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo) Quote 
Game Rules

General

1) Always play to win (this doesn’t mean you need to survive, unless your win condition specifically says so)

2) Basic Mafia information can be found at http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Newbie_guide and some information on basic mafia roles can be found in the Flash guide found here http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/610085
This is only meant as a guide and does not cover all possibilities and variations.

3) All roles will be assigned randomly. Random.org will be used for everything that requires randomness: http://www.random.org/

Activity Level

1) All living players are normally required to post at least one content posts per 24 hours (the weekend will count as one 24 hour period for the purpose of this rule). The definition of content is at my sole discretion. While this is the minimum that will normally be allowed, more activity will be expected. If something comes up that means you become unavailable then PM me and we can discuss how to proceed.

Voting

1) Voting in this game is mandatory. “No lynch” is not a valid option. All players must have a valid vote in place when any deadline is reached. If instalynch is reached (a majority of votes on one player, as in over 50% of the total votes) then this rule will not apply.

2) I might Introduce voting deadlines, if a voting deadline is reached everybody must have cast a vote, you can unvote as long as you vote again in the same post.

3) Players are required to vote in a standard GPRO Mafia fashion; votes must be in a separate line, preferably with an empty line above and below to make them clear (but this is not a requirement), votes must be in bold, votes must be preceded by ##. If you are unsure how to do this then please PM me and I will happily explain. Votes not following this format will be invalid. Voting for a player must be preceded by an unvote if you already have a vote in place. Unvotes must be of the format "##Unvote player name" and failure to unvote in the correct format will also result in an invalid vote having been cast. Please try and get your spelling correct and check your typing, but as long as it is clear what you mean and who you are referring to then the vote will be counted.

##Vote Eduardo

is the correct format.

##Unvote Eduardo

is the correct format.

##Unvote

is not accepted in this game.

4) If a lynch deadline is reached without anyone being instalynched, then the players with the most votes will be lynched, if tied, random.org will decide who is lynched.

5) If any player is replaced, I may choose to extend any deadline currently in place. This is totally at my discretion.

6) If any player dies during a game day for any reason within 24 hours of the lynch deadline, then the lynch deadline will be extended to give at least 24 hours from the kill being posted in the thread. It may be extended longer to make sure the game day finishes at a suitable time. If a lynch is reached before any such death is posted in thread, then I may revert the vote count back to what it was when the kill was made.

Posting

1) Dead players cannot talk. To be clear, dead players cannot talk in the game thread and they cannot talk in any off thread communication that you may have been permitted while alive as stated in your role PM. There will be no zombie posts in this game. Any player that makes such a post may be refused entry into any future game hosted by me. I advise all dead players to continue to follow the game as being dead might not mean you are dead forever and may not mean you cannot influence the game.

2) Editing posts is strictly forbidden. If you are not happy with what you are about to post then I would suggest that you take time to read what you are posting before pressing the “post reply” button. For those new to mafia, this does mean that double and treble posting (or more) is permitted.

3) Quoting your role PM, any PM you receive from me or anything I write off thread, such as in a Mafia QT, is strictly forbidden. Discussing the structure or wording of your role PM is against the spirit of the game and is forbidden. You must paraphrase any communication you receive from me and, unless specifically given permission by me, you should not mention any punishment at all, even paraphrased. If you are unsure about what you want to post in thread then you probably shouldn’t be posting it, but feel free to ask me first for clarification.

4) You may not quote communication from any off thread QT. You may paraphrase such communication if you wish to share it.

Off Thread Communication

1) You are not entitled to communicate about this game with anyone outside of this thread unless your role PM specifically states that you can, and then only in the way that is stated in your role PM. Anyone breaking this rule is unlikely to be accepted in to future games by any moderator as it is a serious, possible game-spoiling, breach of the rules and trust that is needed to play these games fairly.

2) No talking about the game to anyone outside of the game, even if they are not playing and even if you, or they, are dead, without my express permission. This includes mentioning the game, or anything regarding the game, no matter how insignificant you think it might be, in any other forum (game or general mafia thread) while this game is still running. Anyone breaking this rule is unlikely to be accepted in to future games by any moderator as it is a serious, possible game-spoiling, breach of the rules and trust needed to play these games fairly. This rule also means, as it is in play in every game, that you may not discuss or comment on any game that is currently being played until it is complete.

3) If anyone, playing or not, attempts to contact you about anything regarding the game then you should not respond to it and you should inform me immediately.

Night Phase & Night Actions

1) There will be no twilight (talking after a lynch has been decided) in this game. After a lynch the game will proceed to the night phase. Once an instalynch situation is reached, you are expected to stop posting. Anyone posting after an instalynch has been reached will be punished if it is by anything more than a few seconds. (I recommend cutting your full post, refreshing the thread and then pasting and posting to make sure nothing has been added since you started typing, especially if you are typing a large post).

2) You will be provided with a deadline to provide your night actions. Failure to send your night action (or a PM stating you are not performing your night action) before this deadline may result in your night action being unsuccessful or used randomly, at my discretion. You may also be punished. If I receive all night actions in good time, then I may consider starting the day phase earlier than advertised.

3) Night actions cannot be altered after they have been sent, so make sure you are happy with them before sending the PM.

Behaviour

1) You are not forced to like each other but the fact that you badly want so and so lynched does not give you the right to be nasty to him or her. Criticism and heated debates are fine, and encouraged. Insulting will be allowed, but try not to go over the top or I may step in.

2) Do not discuss the wording of your win condition and do not ask about the wording of other players’ win conditions. Anyone doing so is likely to be modkilled (as it is against the spirit of the game to try and find out people’s alignment or reveal your alignment in this way).

3) Using site mechanics is against the spirit of the game and should not be used. It is perfectly OK to see someone has been posting elsewhere and comment on that, but anything else is off limits, such as looking at profiles or monitoring their activity.

4) Do not use the "thumbs up" and "thumbs down" during the game, regardless of you being alive or dead. Trying to express an opinion in this way is against the spirit of the game, especially as mods can view who is doing this for nothing and others need to pay. If you have something to say, say it in thread. If you can't talk in thread, such as being dead, then you shouldn't have the ability to communicate your opinion in any way.

Punishment

1) I reserve the right to punish, replace or modkill anyone for breaking any of the rules above. I would hope this would never become necessary. Modkills are strictly a last resort or for rule breaking that leaves no option. If a townie is modkilled, the day will end.

2) Anyone needing replaced without a very good reason or anyone that is modkilled for flaking or deliberate rule breaking has a good chance of not being accepted in to any of my future games, and other hosts probably wouldn’t look kindly on it either.

3) Any modkill will be specifically stated as such in the game. If it doesn’t say “modkill” then it wasn’t a modkill. If it does say “modkill” then it is. Simples!

4) Anyone modkilled forfeits their original win condition and has it altered to that of a survivor. Basically, if you are modkilled, you do not win regardless of what happens in the game.

5) On occasions the Game Moderator may make mistakes. Feel free to PM me if you believe I have made an error and I will address it as soon as possible.

Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Group Pro - 24)

Topic mod
Mexico 
Certified: 
Old post #4 posted Jul 12th 2016, 00:02:50 (last edited Jul 12th 2016, 19:01:42 by Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo) Quote 
Game Specific Rules

Black Ship is a semi-open setup game.
All general roles will be posted here, just be aware that roles might not be standard and all details of the roles will not be published.

Roles
Richard Redman- Mutiny Leader- Cult Leader / R. ecruiter
Captain Hugh Pigot Ship’s Captain - unrecruitable
David Casey- Midhsipman- unrecruitable
Mr. Southcott - officer, armory key keeper - Recruitable

Rest are all vainilla.

There is NO MAFIA in this game so do not expect NightKills, although there could be, in fact the only PR with a night action will the the Cult Leader

Days will be shorter than normal this to avoid the latest GPRO fad of decreased day activity mid game.

This is not (at least intentionally) a bastard game.

If you want to know more about The Mutiny on the HMS Hermione, read it in Wikipedia or in the book The Black Ship, However the game is loosely based on the facts.

---

If you have any questions or anything you are unsure of, always feel free to PM me to ask.
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Group Pro - 24)

Topic mod
Mexico 
Certified: 
Old post #5 posted Jul 12th 2016, 00:04:34 (last edited Aug 9th 2016, 06:47:32 by Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo) Quote 
Player List

13 players required

Current Player List

1 Alex Nikodem-Wing
2 Daryl Gee
3 Freddie Higgs Lynched on D2
4 Grant Crouch Lynched on D1
5 Ivelin Dobrev
6 Jeremy Davis Lynched on D3
7. Jimmy de Roy
8 Joel Bradley Substituted by Sam Wainwright
9 Kirsty Ridley
10 Phil Maunder
11 Stuart McIntyre
12 Sudeep Pednekar Modkilled on D4
13 Tim Wagner

Replacements (hope none is needed)

R1 Sam Wainwright (Jul 29 on)
R2

Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Group Pro - 24)

Topic mod
Mexico 
Certified: 
Old post #6 posted Jul 12th 2016, 00:05:29 (last edited Aug 9th 2016, 07:24:28 by Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo) Quote 
Game Events

D1
Game Start #9
Official Vote Count 1-01 #87
Official Vote Count 1-02 #207
Official Vote Count 1-03 #330
Vote deadline announcement #332
Official Vote Count 1-04 #446
Official Vote Count 1-05 #585
Official Vote Count 1-06 #654
Final D1 Official Vote Count 1-06 #804
D1 Lynch Results #806

D2
D2 Starts #808
Official Vote Count 2-01 #848
Official Vote Count 2-02 #931
Official Vote Count 2-03 #961
Official Vote Count 2-04 #989
Official Vote Count 2-05 #1066
Official Vote Count 2-06 #1153
Final D2 Vote Count 2-06 #1224
D2 Lynch Result #1225

D3
D3 Starts #1227
Official Vote Count 3-01 #1325
Official Vote Count 3-02 #1337
Joel Looses his voice #1388
Official Vote Count 3-03 #1389
Joel Gets Replaced by Sam #1429
Official Vote Count 3-04 #1488
Official Vote Count 3-05 #1549
Official Vote Count 3-06 #1584
Final D3 Vote Count #1636
Jeremy is lynched #1637

D4
D4 Starts #1639
Sudeep is Modkilled on D4 #1770
D4 Ends #1771

D5
D5 Starts #1772
Official Vote Count 5-01 #1801
Official Vote Count 5-02 #1852

Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Group Pro - 24)

Topic mod
Mexico 
Certified: 
Old post #7 posted Jul 12th 2016, 00:05:38 (last edited Jul 12th 2016, 09:07:43 by Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo) Quote 
Introduction:

As the bows of the Hermione, a 32-gun frigate of His Majesty’s Navy, cut through the Caribbean waters on a routine patrol, her officers slept soundly in their cabins, not knowing what would happen.

The Hermione set sail from Cape Nicholas Mole on the eastern end of Santo Domingo island in the West Indies on April 16, 1797.

They had stores to last three months, and orders to patrol the Mona Passage, between the eastern point of Santo Domingo (now Haiti) and Puerto Rico, for enemy ships: Britain was at war with both Spain and France.

Captains could act as judge and jury to a seaman, and order them to be reprieved or flogged with the infamous cat o’nine tails — the nine ropes held together with a handle that, wielded by a muscular boatswain’s mate, would reduce a man’s back to a raw and bloody mess.

Most captains exercised this absolute power with restraint, but Hugh Pigot wielded his with tyranny and uncontrolled sadism.

He demanded instant, unquestioning obedience to his orders. He bullied and abused his men, acting inconsistently and giving preferential treatment to his favourites (mainly the 20 or so men he had brought with him from HMS Success), and persecuting others.

Pigot was the cruellest captain in the Royal Navy. On the Success he had ordered 85 floggings — nearly half his crew — in the space of nine months.
cat o' nine tails

Captain Pigot regularly ordered his crew flogged with cat o' nine tails, pictured
Regulations stipulated that a dozen lashes was the maximum any man should receive, but Pigot frequently ignored this, ordering three or four times that number. Two men died from the effects of repeated floggings.

Two incidents tipped the ship’s company from misery into mutiny. Five weeks into the voyage, Pigot ordered midshipman David Casey to be flogged because he had dared to remonstrate with Pigot over his abusive language. It fuelled the men’s loathing for their captain.

On the evening of September 20, a few days after Casey’s flogging, the men were working frantically to reef the sails as a tricky squall sent the tall masts gyrating wildly.

Below, Pigot watched the men on the mizzentop mast with mounting impatience and fury. Through his speaking trumpet he hurled up a chilling threat: ‘I’ll flog the last man down.’

In their panic and haste, three young sailors, one a lad of 16, lost their grip on the yardarm and fell screaming onto the deck 50ft below, one landing on Edward Southcott, the master.

Pigot gave the crumpled bodies a contemptuous look before ordering the men to ‘throw the lubbers overboard’ — a terrible insult to sailors.

The incident, as Casey later observed, ‘greatly increased the previous dislike of the Captain and no doubt hastened, if not entirely decided, the mutiny’.

Their lives had little value to the captain

Pigot ordered those remaining on the masts to be whipped with ropes as they completed their task, swearing to flog them in the morning.
It now dawned on some of the crew that, in the captain’s eyes, their lives had little value. It had become a case of kill or be killed.

Next day, the threatened floggings took place and the men’s resolve hardened. Pigot’s bloody reign must be brought to an end...

Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Group Pro - 24)

Topic mod
Mexico 
Certified: 
Old post #8 posted Jul 12th 2016, 00:05:47 (last edited Jul 17th 2016, 08:21:50 by Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo) Quote 
All the crew is anxious and the Captain and his loyals disguise themselves and mingle with the sailors. You don't know who they are, and since they care for their life, they will not tell anybody their true identities.

Vote Deadline Wednesday Jul 20 @ 21:00 CET
Everybody has to have a vote in place. Changing votes is valid as long as you unvote and vote in the same post
Lynch Deadline Friday Jul 22, 21:00 CET
With 13 players alive, 7 votes are required for Instalynch if this happens please stop posting immediately

Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Group Pro - 24)

Topic mod
Mexico 
Certified: 
Old post #9 posted Jul 17th 2016, 08:40:15 (last edited Jul 17th 2016, 08:40:32 by Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo) Quote 

The game has started

Ivelin Dobrev
(Group Rookie - 165)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #10 posted Jul 17th 2016, 09:54:28 Quote 
##vote Grant

We cannot allow him to fool us twice in a row. ;)
Daryl Gee
(Group Amateur - 114)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Old post #11 posted Jul 17th 2016, 10:06:22 Quote 
##vote Kirsty

Just a RANDOM vote.
Phil Maunder
(Group Pro - 7)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #12 posted Jul 17th 2016, 10:28:35 Quote 
Game setup looks a little different from mutiny in the bounty. I'd wager that as well as the recruiting captain there is one other mutineer in play atm.... probably not two others but could be I guess.
Kirsty Ridley
(Group Amateur - 103)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #13 posted Jul 17th 2016, 10:48:04 Quote 
Well, hellooooooo

Yeah, I went and looked again at the Mutiny on the bounty game. Similar enough.

I have no wish to discuss Random anything, Stuart. Was just a small meltdown.. I am over it. (ish)

##vote Grant

For bussing me so easily last game.
Sudeep Pednekar
(Group Rookie - 126)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #14 posted Jul 17th 2016, 11:22:02 Quote 
Nooooooo
I didn't get the recruiter role.
I demand a re roll!!

##Vote Reroll
Phil Maunder
(Group Pro - 7)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #15 posted Jul 17th 2016, 11:22:16 Quote 
Ivelin if I said I'm already certain you are town how would that make you feel?

Or anyone else for that matter ?
Sudeep Pednekar
(Group Rookie - 126)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #16 posted Jul 17th 2016, 11:24:04 Quote 
Quote ( Kirsty Ridley @ July 17th 2016,10:48:04 )

Well, hellooooooo

Yeah, I went and looked again at the Mutiny on the bounty game. Similar enough.

I have no wish to discuss Random anything, Stuart. Was just a small meltdown.. I am over it. (ish)

##vote Grant

For bussing me so easily last game.

What was this meltdown thing ?
Sudeep Pednekar
(Group Rookie - 126)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #17 posted Jul 17th 2016, 11:26:14 Quote 
Quote ( Phil Maunder @ July 17th 2016,10:28:35 )

Game setup looks a little different from mutiny in the bounty. I'd wager that as well as the recruiting captain there is one other mutineer in play atm.... probably not two others but could be I guess.

What the hell are you talking about?
What is a recruiting captain?
Sudeep Pednekar
(Group Rookie - 126)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #18 posted Jul 17th 2016, 11:29:39 Quote 
Quote ( Phil Maunder @ July 17th 2016,11:22:16 )

Bloody hell, such luck. You rolled scum again, didn't you.

##Vote Phil
Phil Maunder
(Group Pro - 7)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #19 posted Jul 17th 2016, 11:35:19 Quote 
I've missed playing with Sudeep
Phil Maunder
(Group Pro - 7)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #20 posted Jul 17th 2016, 11:35:56 Quote 
I had thrush once as a teenager. I miss playing with Sudeep about as much as I miss having thrush
Stuart McIntyre
(Group Amateur - 108)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #21 posted Jul 17th 2016, 11:39:46 Quote 
## Vote Sudeep
Sudeep Pednekar
(Group Rookie - 126)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #22 posted Jul 17th 2016, 11:42:37 Quote 
Quote ( Phil Maunder @ July 17th 2016,11:35:19 )

I've missed playing with Sudeep

Cool, now answer the question in #17.
Stuart McIntyre
(Group Amateur - 108)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #23 posted Jul 17th 2016, 11:46:21 Quote 
Quote ( Kirsty Ridley @ July 17th 2016,10:48:04 )

I have no wish to discuss Random anything, Stuart.

Eh?
Phil Maunder
(Group Pro - 7)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #24 posted Jul 17th 2016, 11:48:41 Quote 
Quote ( Sudeep Pednekar @ July 17th 2016,11:26:14 )

What is a recruiting captain?

the cult recruiter, obviously
Stuart McIntyre
(Group Amateur - 108)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #25 posted Jul 17th 2016, 11:50:48 Quote 
Quote ( Phil Maunder @ July 17th 2016,11:22:16 )

Indifferent, but it is early I guess.

Wait is that a trick question?
Phil Maunder
(Group Pro - 7)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #26 posted Jul 17th 2016, 11:53:09 Quote 
No, just something to get conversation going.

Why would it be a trick question?
Stuart McIntyre
(Group Amateur - 108)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #27 posted Jul 17th 2016, 11:56:42 Quote 
Was thinking Jelly man, should I eat him.
Sudeep Pednekar
(Group Rookie - 126)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #28 posted Jul 17th 2016, 11:57:13 Quote 
@Phil

You know that the captain and the recruiter are of opposite alignments. How did you jumble them up like that.

And no I don't think there is another mutineer in play, if there was it would have been mentioned in #4.
Phil Maunder
(Group Pro - 7)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #29 posted Jul 17th 2016, 12:04:06 Quote 
I see what you mean now. I jumbled them up because the story was a bit counter-intuitive and captain Pigot is a right nasty pice of work. But from a game setup point of view he is town not scum
Phil Maunder
(Group Pro - 7)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #30 posted Jul 17th 2016, 12:06:49 Quote 
Quote ( Sudeep Pednekar @ July 17th 2016,11:57:13 )

And no I don't think there is another mutineer in play, if there was it would have been mentioned in #4.

Do you not think it's inferred in #8 ?
Page [12 3 ... 66 67 68 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > [MAFIA] [D5] The Black Ship Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic