Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > [Mafia] Sudeep's Anything U pick(Game Over) Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page [12 3 ... 32 33 34 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: [Mafia] Sudeep's Anything U pick(Game Over) 1018 replies
Sudeep Pednekar
(Group Rookie - 126)

Topic mod
India 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1 posted Sep 25th 2016, 15:45:45 (last edited Oct 14th 2016, 15:33:35 by Sudeep Pednekar) Quote 
GAME STATUS

Game Over.
MAFIA WON

Sudeep Pednekar
(Group Rookie - 126)

Topic mod
India 
Certified: 
Old post #2 posted Sep 25th 2016, 16:16:58 (last edited Sep 30th 2016, 16:58:36 by Sudeep Pednekar) Quote 
Sudeep Pednekar
(Group Rookie - 126)

Topic mod
India 
Certified: 
Old post #3 posted Sep 25th 2016, 16:20:21 (last edited Oct 7th 2016, 15:53:16 by Sudeep Pednekar) Quote 
Game Rules

Read all the rules, there maybe some new ones!

General

1) Always play to win (this doesn’t mean you need to survive, unless your win condition specifically says so)

2) Basic Mafia information can be found at http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Newbie_guide and some information on basic mafia roles can be found in the Flash guide found here http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/610085
This is only meant as a guide and does not cover all possibilities and variations.

3) All roles will be assigned randomly. Random.org will be used for everything that requires randomness: http://www.random.org/

Activity Level

1) All living players are normally required to post at least one content posts per 24 hours (the weekend will count as one 24 hour period for the purpose of this rule). The definition of content is at my sole discretion. While this is the minimum that will normally be allowed, more activity will be expected. If something comes up that means you become unavailable then PM me and we can discuss how to proceed.

Voting

1) Voting in this game is mandatory. “No lynch” is a valid option. All players must have a valid vote in place when any deadline is reached. If instalynch is reached (a majority of votes on one player, as in over 50% of the total votes) then this rule will not apply.

2) Players are required to vote in a standard GPRO Mafia fashion; votes must be in a separate line, preferably with an empty line above and below to make them clear (but this is not a requirement), votes must be in bold, votes must be preceded by ##. If you are unsure how to do this then please PM me and I will happily explain. Votes not following this format will be invalid. Voting for a player must be preceded by an unvote if you already have a vote in place. Unvotes must be of the format "##Unvote player name" and failure to unvote in the correct format will also result in an invalid vote having been cast. Please try and get your spelling correct and check your typing, but as long as it is clear what you mean and who you are referring to then the vote will be counted.

##Vote Picky mod

is the correct format.

##Unvote Picky mod

is the correct format.

##Unvote

is not accepted in this game.

3) If a lynch deadline is reached without anyone being instalynched, then there will be no lynch.

4) If any player is replaced, I may choose to extend any deadline currently in place. This is totally at my discretion.

5) If any player dies during a game day for any reason within 24 hours of the lynch deadline, then the lynch deadline will be extended to give at least 24 hours from the kill being posted in the thread. It may be extended longer to make sure the game day finishes at a suitable time. If a lynch is reached before any such death is posted in thread, then I may revert the vote count back to what it was when the kill was made.

Posting

1) Dead players cannot talk. To be clear, dead players cannot talk in the game thread and they cannot talk in any off thread quicktopic, that you may have been permitted while alive as stated in your role PM. There will be no zombie posts in this game. Any player that makes such a post may be refused entry into any future game hosted by me. I advise all dead players to continue to follow the game as being dead might not mean you are dead forever and may not mean you cannot influence the game.

2) Editing posts is strictly forbidden. If you are not happy with what you are about to post then I would suggest that you take time to read what you are posting before pressing the “post reply” button. For those new to mafia, this does mean that double and treble posting (or more) is permitted.

3) Quoting your role PM, any PM you receive from me or anything I write off thread, such as in a Mafia QT, is strictly forbidden. Discussing the structure or wording of your role PM is against the spirit of the game and is forbidden. You must paraphrase any communication you receive from me and, unless specifically given permission by me, you should not mention any punishment at all, even paraphrased. If you are unsure about what you want to post in thread then you probably shouldn’t be posting it, but feel free to ask me first for clarification.

4) You may not quote communication from any off thread QT. You may paraphrase such communication if you wish to share it.

Off Thread Communication

1) You are not entitled to communicate about this game with anyone outside of this thread unless your role PM specifically states that you can, and then only in the way that is stated in your role PM. Anyone breaking this rule is unlikely to be accepted in to future games by any moderator as it is a serious, possible game-spoiling, breach of the rules and trust that is needed to play these games fairly.

2) No talking about the game to anyone outside of the game, even if they are not playing and even if you, or they, are dead, without my express permission. This includes mentioning the game, or anything regarding the game, no matter how insignificant you think it might be, in any other forum (game or general mafia thread) while this game is still running. Anyone breaking this rule is unlikely to be accepted in to future games by any moderator as it is a serious, possible game-spoiling, breach of the rules and trust needed to play these games fairly. This rule also means, as it is in play in every game, that you may not discuss or comment on any game that is currently being played until it is complete.

3) If anyone, playing or not, attempts to contact you about anything regarding the game then you should not respond to it and you should inform me immediately.

Night Phase & Night Actions

1) There will be no twilight (talking after a lynch has been decided) in this game. After a lynch the game will proceed to the night phase. Once an instalynch situation is reached, you are expected to stop posting. Anyone posting after an instalynch has been reached will be punished if it is by anything more than a few seconds. (I recommend cutting your full post, refreshing the thread and then pasting and posting to make sure nothing has been added since you started typing, especially if you are typing a large post).

2) You will be provided with a deadline to provide your night actions. Failure to send your night action (or a PM stating you are not performing your night action) before this deadline may result in your night action being unsuccessful or used randomly, at my discretion. You may also be punished. If I receive all night actions in good time, then I may consider starting the day phase earlier than advertised.

3) Night actions cannot be altered after they have been sent, so make sure you are happy with them before sending the PM.

Behaviour

1) You are not forced to like each other but the fact that you badly want so and so lynched does not give you the right to be nasty to him or her. Criticism and heated debates are fine, and encouraged. Insulting will be allowed, but try not to go over the top or I may step in.

2) Do not discuss the wording of your win condition and do not ask about the wording of other players’ win conditions. Anyone doing so is likely to be modkilled (as it is against the spirit of the game to try and find out people’s alignment or reveal your alignment in this way).

3) Using site mechanics is against the spirit of the game and should not be used. It is perfectly OK to see someone has been posting elsewhere and comment on that, but anything else is off limits, such as looking at profiles or monitoring their activity.

4) Do not use the "thumbs up" and "thumbs down" during the game, regardless of you being alive or dead. Trying to express an opinion in this way is against the spirit of the game, especially as mods can view who is doing this for nothing and others need to pay. If you have something to say, say it in thread. If you can't talk in thread, such as being dead, then you shouldn't have the ability to communicate your opinion in any way.

Punishment

1) I reserve the right to punish, replace or modkill anyone for breaking any of the rules above. I would hope this would never become necessary. Modkills are strictly a last resort or for rule breaking that leaves no option. If a townie is modkilled, the day will end.

2) Anyone needing replaced without a very good reason or anyone that is modkilled for flaking or deliberate rule breaking has a good chance of not being accepted in to any of my future games, and other hosts probably wouldn’t look kindly on it either.

3) Any modkill will be specifically stated as such in the game. If it doesn’t say “modkill” then it wasn’t a modkill. If it does say “modkill” then it is. Simples!

4) Anyone modkilled forfeits their original win condition and has it altered to that of a survivor. Basically, if you are modkilled, you do not win regardless of what happens in the game.

5) Whilst I am perfect in all things I do, it is possible for you to fail to understand my perfection. It may therefore appear as if I have made a mistake. If you think I have made a mistake feel free to point it out via PM and I will clarify it so that you see I was right all along :)

Game Specific Rules

1) This is a closed game. Roles are not disclosed.

2) Everybody has been given a character name.

3) This may or may not be a bastard game.

4) This game has a fixed alignment setup - 7 town, 2 mafia. Mafia may perform the factional kill and use a night action at the same time.

5) This game is UPick - without knowledge of their alignment, each player sends in a flavour name, which is what they are in the game.

6) The setup was made in the following order:
Alignments were randomly generated
I built roles based around the flavour name and alignment.
As such, flavour names are not indicative of alignment.

7) This game will follow the 'Limited Reveal" mechanic.
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Limited_Reveal

8) This is one of my games, so assume nothing regarding roles. The game will be power heavy, with no vanilla roles at the games start. The phrase Bastard Mod was not coined with me in mind, but might as well have been :) You may find the odd role in various wikis and sites, but that doesn't mean that they have been used the same way in this game, and when it comes to me, there are no roles that I will not use in some way or another...

Sudeep Pednekar
(Group Rookie - 126)

Topic mod
India 
Certified: 
Old post #4 posted Sep 30th 2016, 16:39:20 (last edited Sep 30th 2016, 17:19:01 by Sudeep Pednekar) Quote 
Example Role PM - If a player sends in "Ghost Rider"

Welcome to Anything uPick!

You are Johnny Blaze, the Ghost Rider, Town Evil Detector.

Johnny Blaze is a character from the comic series Ghost Rider. A stunt motorcyclist whose father died when he was young. When his adopted father (whom he considered to be his real father) developed cancer, he turned in desperation to a spell that would supposedly summon Satan. In fact, it summoned the demon Mephisto, who agreed to cure his father's cancer in exchange for his soul. His father's cancer was cured but he then died in a motorcycle crash, angering Johnny Blaze, who attempted to nullify the agreement. His soul was saved by his adoptive sister Roxanne declaring her love for him, but Mephisto managed to bond him with the demon Zarathos, transforming him into a Ghost Rider and forcing him to combat evil spirits and return them to Hell. He also uses his powers to save innocent people in distress.

Evil Detector: Each night you may target one player (not yourself). You will learn if you transform into the Ghost Rider. This will happen if your target is targeted by a scum-aligned ability or if you are targeted by a scum-aligned ability. If your action fails (for instance, if you are roleblocked), then you will only be told that you did not transform.

You win when all anti-town factions have been eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Sudeep Pednekar
(Group Rookie - 126)

Topic mod
India 
Certified: 
Old post #5 posted Sep 30th 2016, 16:57:03 (last edited Sep 30th 2016, 17:18:52 by Sudeep Pednekar) Quote 
PLAYER LIST

Confirmed

1. Sam Wainwright
2. Ivelin Dobrev
3. Lee Downing
4. Andrei Harnicu
5. Ahmet Sonverdi
6. Curtis Larade
7. Jeremy Davis
8. Joel Bradley
9. Alex Nikodem-Wing

Sudeep Pednekar
(Group Rookie - 126)

Topic mod
India 
Certified: 
Old post #6 posted Sep 30th 2016, 17:25:08 (last edited Oct 8th 2016, 16:02:43 by Sudeep Pednekar) Quote 
Game Events

Day 1

Official Vote Count #1.0

Official Vote Count #1.1

Final Vote Count #1.2

"Because I'm Batman" #536

Night 1

"Who wants a Shawarma?" #538

Day 2

Official Vote Count #2.0

Official Vote Count #2.1
Sudeep Pednekar
(Group Rookie - 126)

Topic mod
India 
Certified: 
Old post #7 posted Oct 3rd 2016, 18:54:55 Quote 

BEGIN
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Group Amateur - 55)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #8 posted Oct 3rd 2016, 18:55:44 Quote 
Ooo love that scene!
Ivelin Dobrev
(Group Rookie - 165)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #9 posted Oct 3rd 2016, 18:56:24 Quote 
##vote Lee

Policy lynch. :P
Jeremy Davis
(Group Amateur - 63)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #10 posted Oct 3rd 2016, 18:56:35 Quote 
I'm sorry Ivelin. Go ahead and open yours. I totally forgot. We'll have to do it next game.

Next time, remind me BEFORE the role PMs go out though.
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Group Amateur - 55)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #11 posted Oct 3rd 2016, 18:56:43 Quote 
So someone is Voldemort? :D
Jeremy Davis
(Group Amateur - 63)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #12 posted Oct 3rd 2016, 18:57:08 Quote 
Quote ( Ahmet Sonverdi @ October 3rd 2016,18:56:43 )

Doubtful.
Sam Wainwright
(Group Pro - 7)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #13 posted Oct 3rd 2016, 18:57:50 Quote 
##Vote Alex

Policy lynch. :P
Sam Wainwright
(Group Pro - 7)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #14 posted Oct 3rd 2016, 18:58:56 Quote 
Quote ( Ahmet Sonverdi @ October 3rd 2016,18:56:43 )

Is that picture Voldemort then?
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Group Amateur - 55)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #15 posted Oct 3rd 2016, 18:59:06 Quote 
Quote ( Jeremy Davis @ October 3rd 2016,18:57:08 )

Doubtful.

Why :(

But yeah, got it.

That'd be cool btw.
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Group Amateur - 55)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #16 posted Oct 3rd 2016, 18:59:24 Quote 
Quote ( Sam Wainwright @ October 3rd 2016,18:58:56 )

Is that picture Voldemort then?

Yeah.
Ivelin Dobrev
(Group Rookie - 165)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #17 posted Oct 3rd 2016, 19:00:03 Quote 
Quote ( Jeremy Davis @ October 3rd 2016,18:56:35 )

I'm sorry Ivelin. Go ahead and open yours. I totally forgot. We'll have to do it next game.

Next time, remind me BEFORE the role PMs go out though.
How could I know when the PMs will be sent? :P
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Group Amateur - 55)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #18 posted Oct 3rd 2016, 19:01:35 Quote 
Okay, just had a quick look on player list.

##Vote Curtis

Well i promised you :D
Sam Wainwright
(Group Pro - 7)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #19 posted Oct 3rd 2016, 19:02:03 Quote 
Quote ( Ahmet Sonverdi @ October 3rd 2016,18:59:24 )

Yeah.

I would say it's highly unlikely anybody is Voldemort then...

We're not supposed to talk about him though are we?
Jeremy Davis
(Group Amateur - 63)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #20 posted Oct 3rd 2016, 19:03:14 Quote 
Quote ( Ahmet Sonverdi @ October 3rd 2016,18:59:06 )

Quote ( Jeremy Davis @ October 3rd 2016,18:57:08 )

Doubtful.

Why :(

But yeah, got it.

That'd be cool btw.

I don't know, maybe someone is.

I was thinking that Sudeep probably wouldn't use flavor that someone already has, but this being a uPick, flavor is meaningless (as far as alignment goes) and is there for the sole purpose of allowing players to be who/what they want to be.
Jeremy Davis
(Group Amateur - 63)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #21 posted Oct 3rd 2016, 19:04:23 Quote 
Quote ( Ivelin Dobrev @ October 3rd 2016,19:00:03 )

Quote ( Jeremy Davis @ October 3rd 2016,18:56:35 )

Next time, remind me BEFORE the role PMs go out though. How could I know when the PMs will be sent? :P

Well, you couldn't. But reminding me AFTER I had opened my role PM certainly didn't help lol.

I knew I'd forget. Which is why I told you to remind me.
Ivelin Dobrev
(Group Rookie - 165)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #22 posted Oct 3rd 2016, 19:05:29 Quote 
Who was fishing for a certain role here?
Jeremy Davis
(Group Amateur - 63)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #23 posted Oct 3rd 2016, 19:08:31 Quote 
Riyria - Elvish for "two"
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Group Amateur - 55)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #24 posted Oct 3rd 2016, 19:08:35 Quote 
Quote ( Sam Wainwright @ October 3rd 2016,19:02:03 )

We're not supposed to talk about him though are we?

He's a noseless bastard.
Jeremy Davis
(Group Amateur - 63)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #25 posted Oct 3rd 2016, 19:08:57 Quote 
Quote ( Ivelin Dobrev @ October 3rd 2016,19:05:29 )

I don't know.

Who?
Ivelin Dobrev
(Group Rookie - 165)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #26 posted Oct 3rd 2016, 19:09:19 Quote 
Quote ( Jeremy Davis @ October 3rd 2016,19:08:31 )

Riyria - Elvish for "two"
And what were you trying to get?
Sam Wainwright
(Group Pro - 7)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #27 posted Oct 3rd 2016, 19:10:45 Quote 
Quote ( Ivelin Dobrev @ October 3rd 2016,19:05:29 )

I based my pick on what was on TV at the time. What about you?
Ivelin Dobrev
(Group Rookie - 165)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #28 posted Oct 3rd 2016, 19:10:46 Quote 
Quote ( Jeremy Davis @ October 3rd 2016,19:08:57 )

I don't know.

Who?
Let me rephrase.

Question for everybody: Were you fishing for a specific role when you sent your PM?
Andrei Harnicu
(Group Amateur - 73)

Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #29 posted Oct 3rd 2016, 19:11:20 Quote 
##Vote Joel

Wanted to know that I voted everybody once in all games. So or him or Jeremy. And I didn't play against Joel.
Ivelin Dobrev
(Group Rookie - 165)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #30 posted Oct 3rd 2016, 19:11:24 Quote 
Quote ( Sam Wainwright @ October 3rd 2016,19:10:45 )

What about you?
I wanted a specific role, I ended up with something completely different.
Page [12 3 ... 32 33 34 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > [Mafia] Sudeep's Anything U pick(Game Over) Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic