Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > [Mafia] Fruit Salad (D4) Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page [12 3 ... 40 41 42 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: [Mafia] Fruit Salad (D4) 1250 replies
Alex Nikodem-Wing
(Group Amateur - 20)

Topic mod
England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1 posted Nov 3rd 2016, 19:40:51 (last edited Dec 4th 2016, 09:56:40 by Alex Nikodem-Wing) Quote 
-- Censored --
Alex Nikodem-Wing
(Group Amateur - 20)

Topic mod
England 
Certified: 
Old post #2 posted Nov 3rd 2016, 20:04:06 (last edited Aug 26th 2019, 14:11:34 by Alex Nikodem-Wing) Quote 
Game Rules

General

1: Read the rules! There may be changes since previous rule sets.

2: Always play to meet your win condition (this doesn’t mean you need to survive, unless your win condition specifically says so).

3: Basic Mafia information can be found at http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Newbie_guide and some information on basic mafia roles can be found in the Flash guide found here http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/610085
This is only meant as a guide and does not cover all possibilities and variations.

4: All roles will be assigned randomly. Random.org will be used for everything that requires randomness - http://www.random.org/

5: On occasions the Game Moderator may make mistakes. Feel free to PM me if you believe I have made an error and I will address it as soon as possible.

Activity

1: All living players are normally required to post at least one content posts per 24 hours during any day phase (the weekend will not count as one 24 hour period for the purpose of this rule). The definition of content is at my sole discretion, Just moving a vote or posting to say you are busy does not count as content!. While this is the minimum that will normally be allowed, more activity will be expected. If something comes up that means you become unavailable then PM me and we can discuss how to proceed. Due to the length of the game, it is totally understandable if people will miss the odd day on occasion. Please try not to, but it won't be an issue if this is a rare occurrence, and please try and let me know beforehand.

Voting and deadlines

1: Voting in this game is mandatory. “No lynch” is a valid option. All players must have a valid vote in place when any relevant deadline is reached. If the game day ends before the deadline is reached, then this rule will not apply.

2: If there is a voting deadline in force (a deadline requiring all players to vote but not ending the day once it passes), then you may not unvote after this deadline without voting someone else in the same post. If a vote deadline has passed, failing to vote someone else properly in the same post that you unvote will result in your unvote being invalid and your vote remaining where it was.

3: Players are required to vote in a standard GPRO Mafia fashion; votes must be in a separate line, with an empty line above and below to make them clear , votes must be in bold, votes must be preceded by ##. If you are unsure how to do this then please PM me and I will happily explain. Votes not following this format will be invalid. Voting for a player must be preceded by an unvote if you already have a vote in place. failure to unvote in the correct format will also result in an invalid vote having been cast. Please try and get your spelling correct and check your typing, but as long as it is clear what you mean and who you are referring to then the vote will be counted.

##Vote Alex

is the correct format.

##Unvote Alex

is not the correct format.

##Unvote

is accepted in this game.

4: If a lynch deadline is reached without anyone being instalynched, then there will be no lynch.

5: If any player is replaced, I may choose to extend any deadline currently in place. This is totally at my discretion.

6. If any player dies during a game day for any reason within 24 hours of the lynch deadline, then the lynch deadline will be extended to give at least 24 hours from the kill being posted in the thread. It may be extended longer to make sure the game day finishes at a suitable time. If a lynch is reached before any such death is posted in thread, then I may revert the vote count back to what it was when the kill was made.

7: If a deadline passes that either ends the day or starts a break in the day, then you may not post after this deadline has passed. You may only post again once the mod has posted to re-open the thread (such as starting the new day).

8: In a change from normal GPRO mafia, there will be a twilight phase. You may continue to talk and vote even if you believe an instalynch may have been reached, as long as a deadline has not passed or I've officially ended the game day announcing that a lynch has been decided. If an instalynch was reached at any time, then the final vote count, and the lynch, will reflect that regardless of any unvotes or votes that followed it.

Posting

1: Editing posts is strictly forbidden. If you are not happy with what you are about to post then I would suggest that you take time to read what you are posting before pressing the “post reply” button. For those new to mafia, this does mean that double and treble posting (or more) is permitted. This applies to any QT you have access to as well (where it is also forbidden to delete posts).

2: Quoting your role PM, any PM you receive from me or anything I write off thread, such as in a Mafia QT, is strictly forbidden. You must paraphrase any communication you receive from me and, unless specifically given permission by me, you should not mention any punishment at all, even paraphrased. If you are unsure about what you want to post in thread then you probably shouldn’t be posting it, but feel free to ask me first for clarification.

3: You may not quote communication from any off thread QT, such as a Mason QT or Mafia QT. You may paraphrase such communication if you wish to share it.

4: I, the mod, am unlikely to respond to any questions in thread as I have no intention or confirming the motives or honesty of those asking questions. As such, you should PM me anything you wish clarified or wish to ask, and not ask in thread, and must paraphrase any response if you are sharing it in thread.

5: Dead players cannot talk. To be clear, dead players cannot talk in the game thread and they cannot talk in any off site thread that you may have been permitted while alive as stated in your role PM. There will be no zombie posts in this game. Any player that makes such a post may be refused entry into any future game hosted by me. The exception to this is if the mod provides a Dead Thread for you to talk to other dead players on. No one is permitted to make one apart from the mod as only the mod knows if your death is definitely permanent. I advise all dead players to continue to follow the game as being dead might not mean you are dead forever and may not mean you cannot influence the game.

6: Until a player is officially announced as dead by me, they are not dead. For example, if you believe instalynch may have been reached on a player or if someone announces they have killed a player by other means, that player is still permitted to talk and vote as normal until I announce otherwise in thread.

Off Thread Communication

1: You are not entitled to communicate about this game with anyone other player outside of this thread unless your role PM specifically states that you can, and then only in the way that is stated in your role PM. Anyone breaking this rule is unlikely to be accepted in to future games by any moderator as it is a serious, possible game-spoiling, breach of the rules and trust that is needed to play these games fairly. Please also make the subject of of any communication you have with other players clear for the duration of the game. For example sending a PM to another player with the words 'what can I help with' with no other context is not advised.

2: No talking about the game to anyone outside of the game, even if they are not playing and even if you, or they, are dead, without my express permission. This includes mentioning the game, or anything regarding the game, no matter how insignificant you think it might be, in any other forum (game or general mafia thread) while this game is still running. Anyone breaking this rule is unlikely to be accepted in to future games by any moderator as it is a serious, possible game-spoiling, breach of the rules and trust needed to play these games fairly. This rule also means, as it is in play in every game, that you may not discuss or comment on any game that is currently being played until it is complete. If you want to talk about any issues you have with the game PM me, do not post them in the general mafia (or any other thread).

3: If anyone, playing or not, attempts to contact you about anything regarding the game then you should not respond to it and you should inform me immediately.

Night Phase & Night Actions

1: You will be provided with a deadline to provide your night actions. Failure to send your night action (or a PM stating you are not performing your night action if your night action is not compulsory) before this deadline may result in your night action being unsuccessful or used randomly, at my discretion. You may also be punished. If I receive all night actions in good time, then I may consider starting the day phase earlier than advertised.

2: Night actions cannot be altered after I have received them, so make sure you are happy with them before sending the PM.

Behaviour

1: You are not forced to like each other but the fact that you badly want so and so lynched does not give you the right to be nasty to him or her. Criticism and heated debates are fine, and encouraged. Light insulting is permitted, but try not to go over the top or I may step in. Basically don't break the forum rules.

2: Discussing the structure or wording of your role PM is against the spirit of the game and is forbidden.

3. Do not discuss the wording of your win condition and do not ask about the wording of other players’ win conditions. Anyone doing so is likely to be modkilled (as it is against the spirit of the game to try and find out people’s alignment or reveal your alignment in this way).

4: Using site mechanics is against the spirit of the game and should not be used. It is perfectly OK to see someone has been posting elsewhere and comment on that, but anything else is off limits, such as looking at profiles to see who has visited or monitoring their activity.

5: Do not use the "thumbs up" and "thumbs down" during the game, regardless of you being alive or dead. Trying to express an opinion in this way is against the spirit of the game, especially as mods can view who is doing this for nothing and others need to pay. If you have something to say, say it in thread. If you can't talk in thread, such as being dead, then you shouldn't have the ability to communicate your opinion in any way.

Punishment

1: I reserve the right to punish, replace or modkill anyone for breaking any of the rules above. I would hope this would never become necessary. Modkills are strictly a last resort or for rule breaking that leaves no option. If a townie is modkilled, the day will end.

2: Anyone needing replaced without a very good reason or anyone that is modkilled for flaking or deliberate rule breaking has a good chance of not being accepted in to any of my future games, and other hosts probably wouldn’t look kindly on it either.

3: Any modkill will be specifically stated as such in the game. If it doesn’t say “modkill” then it wasn’t a modkill. If it does say “modkill” then it is. Simples!

4: Anyone modkilled forfeits their original win condition and has it altered to that of a survivor. Basically, if you are modkilled, you do not win regardless of what happens in the game.
Alex Nikodem-Wing
(Group Amateur - 20)

Topic mod
England 
Certified: 
Old post #3 posted Nov 4th 2016, 21:37:04 (last edited Nov 8th 2016, 21:19:13 by Alex Nikodem-Wing) Quote 
Game specific rules

1) This game is closed, Roles are not disclosed at the beginning of the game.
2) No players will have a name.
3) This may or may not be a bastard game, in either case player enjoyment has been strongly considered when the set-up was designed.
4) This game will not follow the normal day night cycle. In this game there are 3 phases: Day (posting in the main thread is allowed), night (posting in the main thread is banned), night kills if any will be posted at this stage, morning (posting in the main thread is banned). The game will follow this pattern:

Morning 1
Day 1
Night 1
Morning 2
Day 2
Night 2
Morning 3
etc

5) The keep activity at a high level days will be short, often 4-5 days, I will also keep all night and morning phases short (between 24-36 hours per a phase).

6) a VT's role PM will look like this
---------------------------------------
Welcome to Fruit Salad

You are a Vanilla Townie

Win Conditions:
 You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Abilities:
 You have no abilities; your strength is your vote and intellect.
 At various points in the game you may receive fruit; these may give you powers.

Alex Nikodem-Wing
(Group Amateur - 20)

Topic mod
England 
Certified: 
Old post #4 posted Nov 4th 2016, 21:38:25 (last edited Dec 4th 2016, 09:58:09 by Alex Nikodem-Wing) Quote 
Player list

>Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo - /ManagerProfile.asp?IDM=71650
>MG van Rensburg - DEAD - VT
>Curtis Larade - DEAD - TP survivor
>Jimmy De Roy - DEAD -VT
>Piotr Wechterowicz /ManagerProfile.asp?IDM=201833
>Ivelin Dobrev - /ManagerProfile.asp?IDM=77571
>Joel Bradley - /ManagerProfile.asp?IDM=354467
>Riley Dunlop - DEAD - VT
>Jeremy Davis - DEAD - VT
>Kirsty Ridley - DEAD - Farmer’s Apprentice
>Stuart McIntyre - /ManagerProfile.asp?IDM=343339
>Tim Wagner - DEAD - VT
>Sudeep Pednekar - /ManagerProfile.asp?IDM=627788
Alex Nikodem-Wing
(Group Amateur - 20)

Topic mod
England 
Certified: 
Old post #5 posted Nov 4th 2016, 21:39:30 (last edited Aug 26th 2019, 14:13:20 by Alex Nikodem-Wing) Quote 
Game events

#7 - Morning 1 Begins
#8 - Day 1 Begins
#44 - Vote count 1.1
#115 - vote count 1.2
#232 - vote count 1.3
#260 - vote count 1.4
#317 - Day 1 Lynch
#318 - Night 1 Kill
#319 - Day 2 Begins
#463 - Vote count 2.1
#505 - Cristian Morales replaces Piotr Wechterowicz
#678 - vote count 2.2
#755 - Vote count 2.3
#881 - Final D2 VC
#882 - N2 starts
#883 - M3 Starts
#886 - D3 starts
#1054 - D3 Lynch
#1057 - Night 3 kill
#1059 - D4 begins.
Alex Nikodem-Wing
(Group Amateur - 20)

Topic mod
England 
Certified: 
Old post #6 posted Nov 4th 2016, 21:40:12 (last edited Dec 4th 2016, 10:00:45 by Alex Nikodem-Wing) Quote 
Current deadlines

Day 4 begins, deadline Friday 23:00 CET. 2/12/16
Alex Nikodem-Wing
(Group Amateur - 20)

Topic mod
England 
Certified: 
Old post #7 posted Nov 9th 2016, 07:44:47 Quote 
Morning 1 starts, pleases send in any morning actions via my PM box. Your deadline is 20:00 Thursday 10/08/16.

I will give you a final reminder to read the rules.

DO NOT POST IN THE THREAD!
Alex Nikodem-Wing
(Group Amateur - 20)

Topic mod
England 
Certified: 
Old post #8 posted Nov 10th 2016, 22:02:44 (last edited Dec 4th 2016, 10:00:25 by Alex Nikodem-Wing) Quote 
Day 1 has begun

With 6 players alive 4 votes would normally be required for instalynch.

Day 4 begins.

Deadline Friday 9/12/16 21:00 CET
Ivelin Dobrev
(Group Rookie - 165)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #9 posted Nov 10th 2016, 22:26:40 Quote 
##vote Tim

I never know how to read you so I wanna lynch you to save myself the trouble of trying to read you.
Sudeep Pednekar
(Group Rookie - 126)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #10 posted Nov 10th 2016, 22:29:49 Quote 
##Vote Jeremy

In before he game throws.
Joel Bradley
(Group Amateur - 107)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #11 posted Nov 10th 2016, 23:11:49 Quote 
## Vote Sudeep

For being an awful mod last game.
Stuart McIntyre
(Group Amateur - 108)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #12 posted Nov 10th 2016, 23:22:09 Quote 
##Vote Piotr

Welcome :)
Stuart McIntyre
(Group Amateur - 108)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #13 posted Nov 10th 2016, 23:39:47 Quote 
Quote ( Ivelin Dobrev @ November 10th 2016,22:26:40 )

##vote Tim

I never know how to read you so I wanna lynch you to save myself the trouble of trying to read you.

That's just damn lazy Ivelin
Joel Bradley
(Group Amateur - 107)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #14 posted Nov 10th 2016, 23:42:17 Quote 
Quote ( Stuart McIntyre @ November 10th 2016,23:39:47 )

Quote ( Ivelin Dobrev @ November 10th 2016,22:26:40 )

##vote Tim

That's just damn lazy Ivelin

I like the idea of voting people you cannot read..

##Unvote

##vote Stuart
Riley Dunlop
(Group Rookie - 149)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #15 posted Nov 10th 2016, 23:49:43 Quote 
Morning everyone! Or is it afternoon now?

##vote MG

'cos I will probably find something wrong in what he posts at some point and get it all wrong and end up voting for him anyway
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Group Pro - 24)

Mexico 
Certified: 
Old post #16 posted Nov 11th 2016, 00:46:14 Quote 
##vote Sudeep

Just because,

Just one question

Quote ( Alex Nikodem-Wing @ November 10th 2016,22:02:44 )

Day 1 has begun

With 13 players alive 8 votes would normally be required for instalynch.

13 players ... 8 Votes?

Normally we only need 7

Typo or is this the rule for this game?

Piotr Wechterowicz
(Group Amateur - 49)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #17 posted Nov 11th 2016, 01:28:24 Quote 
##Vote Stuart

Who are you people? :)
Piotr Wechterowicz
(Group Amateur - 49)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #18 posted Nov 11th 2016, 01:29:36 Quote 
Ok, I can see already that my vote is invalid, rookie mistake. Must to learn how to do this properly...
Piotr Wechterowicz
(Group Amateur - 49)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #19 posted Nov 11th 2016, 01:32:19 Quote 

##Vote Stuart

Let's try again shall we?
Stuart McIntyre
(Group Amateur - 108)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #20 posted Nov 11th 2016, 01:45:40 Quote 
Did you ask someone how to vote correctly?
MG van Rensburg
(Group Amateur - 79)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Old post #21 posted Nov 11th 2016, 05:36:24 Quote 
Quote ( Riley Dunlop @ November 10th 2016,23:49:43 )

Morning everyone! Or is it afternoon now?

##vote MG

'cos I will probably find something wrong in what he posts at some point and get it all wrong and end up voting for him anyway

Sounds about right.
Alex Nikodem-Wing
(Group Amateur - 20)

Topic mod
England 
Certified: 
Old post #22 posted Nov 11th 2016, 08:25:15 Quote 
Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ November 11th 2016,00:46:14 )

##vote Sudeep

Just because,

Just one question

Quote ( Alex Nikodem-Wing @ November 10th 2016,22:02:44 )

Day 1 has begun

With 13 players alive 8 votes would normally be required for instalynch.

13 players ... 8 Votes?

Normally we only need 7

Typo or is this the rule for this game?

Yes its 7. I will correct the necessary post.

Good that someone is on the ball :)
Kirsty Ridley
(Group Pro - 14)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #23 posted Nov 11th 2016, 09:46:58 Quote 
Well, helloooooo

##vote Jeremy

Sure to be suspicious of him at some point day 1.
Jimmy De Roy
(Group Amateur - 80)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #24 posted Nov 11th 2016, 09:57:06 Quote 
##vote Sudeep

for reasons
MG van Rensburg
(Group Amateur - 79)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Old post #25 posted Nov 11th 2016, 10:20:12 Quote 
##vote Kirsty

Cause nobody else has yet.
Riley Dunlop
(Group Rookie - 149)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #26 posted Nov 11th 2016, 11:26:09 Quote 
##unvote MG

##vote Trump
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #27 posted Nov 11th 2016, 11:55:33 (last edited Nov 11th 2016, 16:20:31 by Alex Nikodem-Wing) Quote 
No politics on the forums, joking or not

host edit: Only alive players may post in the thread kevin! You know that :)
Kirsty Ridley
(Group Pro - 14)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #28 posted Nov 11th 2016, 12:10:27 Quote 
seriously?
Kirsty Ridley
(Group Pro - 14)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #29 posted Nov 11th 2016, 12:31:44 Quote 
Ooooh now you cannot unvote him!!! As you cannot repeat his name! The vote is there for the whole game day :P
Riley Dunlop
(Group Rookie - 149)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #30 posted Nov 11th 2016, 12:41:40 Quote 
I would contend that it was not politics as it was not a vote for a politician
Page [12 3 ... 40 41 42 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > [Mafia] Fruit Salad (D4) Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic