Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Formula One forum > Is Nico Rosberg the worst F1 Workld Champion ever? YES! Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 2 3 ... 6 [78 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Is Nico Rosberg the worst F1 Workld Champion ever? YES! 213 replies
Dave Sunderland
(Group Rookie - 2)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #181 posted Jan 27th 2020, 20:56:08 Quote 

Quote ( Rodrigo Martins @ January 27th 2020,19:38:59 )

Hamilton is the most overrated driver ever.

Come on Man !
I am not his biggest fan ,, but he beats everybody around at the time,, and THAT IS ALL he can do !
Apart from that one season with Rosberg .. So were doe's that put Rosberg ?
He bailed out ! Says it all !
Juan Diego Milán
(Group Master - 2)

Uruguay 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #182 posted Jan 27th 2020, 21:23:14 Quote 
Quote ( Rodrigo Martins @ January 27th 2020,19:38:59 )

Hamilton is the most overrated driver ever.

Lol, a 6 time world champion overrated. I think this world comes crazier every day!

Anyway, maybe you don't like lewis but that isn't a reason to deny his goals.
Martti Kaasik
(Group Amateur - 1)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #183 posted Jan 27th 2020, 22:46:23 Quote 
Quote ( James Keeble @ January 27th 2020,16:58:07 )

still the worst ever!
So as he beat Hamilton... Must be that Hamilton is not far from him?
Not Hamilton fan and not crybaby Vettels ot Mad Maxes fan... :D
I like some young drivers and I like some drivers achievements during some races... So yeah even Vettel and Hamilton make some good races but that is very rare...
Eduardo Fernandes
(Group Amateur - 89)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #184 posted Jan 27th 2020, 23:02:41 Quote 
I don't believe Rosberg's the worst. He's very charismatic. But it's normal for people to love or hate some drivers. There are people that love and people who hate Michael Schumacher. There are people that love and people who hate Lewis Hamilton. There are people that love and people who hate Ayrton Senna. That won't change. We're allowed to love or hate the drivers we follow, but talking about it won't change who they are... CHAMPIONS on their own right.
Craig McLean
(Group Master - 1)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #185 posted Jan 27th 2020, 23:17:18 Quote 
Lol rosberg beat a 6 time world champion in the same car over the course of a season so he ranks nowhere close to 'worst'

(and yes very good hammy succboi's we know he broke down in malaysia so lemme mention that before you all do xoxo)
Toni Kazanjyan
(Group Rookie - 32)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #186 posted Jan 27th 2020, 23:20:19 Quote 
it is fair to say Hamilton is a great driver , never give up always pushing to the limits and even more .. therefore for rosberg to bit him fairly on track.. that force us to admit that rosberg is a significant driver ( surly was not as fast as Hamilton) yet he found his own way to win

and let’s not forget he was schumacher teammate and he also managed to bit him .

you need to be more fair.
George Slater4
(Group Elite)

Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #187 posted Jan 28th 2020, 01:21:35 Quote 
Every champion in their own way deserved their championship by being able to accumulate the most points over the course of the season. Regardless of what their teammate did or didn't do they still managed to beat not only them but every other driver on the grid. Did they have the best car? Maybe. But if so there's a reason they are driving the best car in the first place, and it's not usually because they are inept.

Having said that, looking at their results over their championship season, I might consider Rosberg the least deserving World Drivers' Champion. Keke Rosberg that is.
Kevin Fortin
(Group Pro - 8)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #188 posted Jan 28th 2020, 01:38:37 Quote 
Regardless of comparison, IMO, Once a Champion, always a Champion.
He was the best that season (at least the most consistent).
Juca Santos
(Group Rookie - 81)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #189 posted Jan 28th 2020, 11:23:59 Quote 
worst or best he is still world champion and that no one will never take from him ;]
Martti Kaasik
(Group Amateur - 1)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Old post #190 posted Jan 28th 2020, 12:50:01 Quote 
Quote ( George Slater @ January 28th 2020,01:21:35 )

Did they have the best car? Maybe. But if so there's a reason they are driving the best car in the first place, and it's not usually because they are inept.

Most stupid explanation IMO (and I know you are not the only one who thinks so)
There are lot of great drivers who never get a chance as they did not have the right sponsor at the right time or what ever...
Twig Fahaji
(Group Master - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #191 posted Jan 28th 2020, 12:53:47 Quote 
I think Hamilton's recent displays may have actually shown that Rosberg was pretty good. Not just to win the title - because he was fortunate that season - but even when Hamilton was winning, Rosberg was still strong competition for him. Bottas was highly rated but not sure his performances in the Mercedes have been as good as Rosberg's were.
Juan Diego Milán
(Group Master - 2)

Uruguay 
Certified: 
Old post #192 posted Jan 28th 2020, 13:46:14 Quote 
Quote ( Martti Kaasik @ January 28th 2020,12:50:01 )

There are lot of great drivers who never get a chance as they did not have the right sponsor at the right time or what ever...

So, do you think that lewis was a rich driver, who had a big sponsor in his back and only for that he's 6 time world champion. That sounds more stupid than george's comment.

I think he deserve every champion that he has! when he left from Mclaren, Mercedes finished 5th in constructor championship. He bet for a risky move and he helped to build this dominant team, I think nico is an important part of that aswell. If i compare obviously I'll chose Lewis, Nico needed his best season to beat Hamilton.

Martti Kaasik
(Group Amateur - 1)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Old post #193 posted Jan 28th 2020, 18:14:21 Quote 
Quote ( Juan Diego Milán @ January 28th 2020,13:46:14 )

So, do you think that lewis was a rich driver, who had a big sponsor in his back and only for that he's 6 time world champion. That sounds more stupid than george's comment.
Did I say anything about Lewis? At least I know who you are favoring... :D
Think bit wider than just one driver...
George Slater4
(Group Elite)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #194 posted Jan 28th 2020, 19:09:19 Quote 
Quote ( Martti Kaasik @ January 28th 2020,12:50:01 )

Most stupid explanation IMO (and I know you are not the only one who thinks so)

There are a lot of talented drivers who for various reasons never get to race in Formula One or in competitive machinery. Those who failed to make it due to financial reasons or poor timing can in a way be considered lucky; they at least survived.

I don't think the fact that not all talented drivers end up in a competitive seat makes the inverse true however. The top teams will naturally look for talented drivers to be competitive with and those talented drivers who are in a position to choose where they end up will usually go with a competitive team. In some instances drivers can even help provide the impetus for a team to develop competitive machinery, and I think with Nico Rosberg we saw at least a bit of that.
Christopher Batchlor
(Group Rookie - 166)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #195 posted Jan 28th 2020, 21:11:58 Quote 
If your nearest opponent in the standings is too nice for his own good, does that mean that you're undeserving of your championship?

If you win the first 27% of the races of a season but can't win something else, yet do enough to win the championship, does it make you undeserving of your championship?

Or what about if you have an opponent nearly die and yet only win by a few points? Does it say more of you or the driver who nearly beat you?

If your opponent died, does it mean that your championship triumph is moot? Or what if you had a chance to beat your championship rival who led the championship who ended up dying, and were successful? Surely that would be viewed as one of the biggest dick moves in recorded history and anything that was accomplished afterwards would be overshadowed by the manner in which you win the first title.

Point is, the word undeserving applies to all champions. Nobody deserves anything, but everyone must work hard (some harder than others) to achieve success and triumph, plus a bit of luck. Some have the work ethic. Some have talent. Some have lucky breaks. Some have consistency. Some have two or three of those traits. Fewer still have all of these.
Christopher Willis
(Group Pro - 22)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #196 posted Jan 28th 2020, 22:27:37 Quote 
Quote ( Timotej Andonovski @ December 9th 2016,11:18:55 )

Oh, come on you salty Brits, you have to bring that topic here. Remember Hungary or Singapore 2008, where Massa had HUGE technical problems? Without those your beloved Hamilton would have NEVER won the 2008 championship.

Your argument always is the Malaysian Grand Prix (where Rosberg was last after the first corner BTW, and had to fight his was up to 3rd, unlike Hamilton is Spa where he got lucky with the SC), but since the two paired, Rosberg's had DOUBLE the retirements due to technical issues! Also, if Hamilton bothered before to actually learn how to properly launch a car of the line instead of hanging out with Bieber, he would have been the champion.

Rosberg played the smart game. He knew the Merc was fast enough for 2nds after Japan and that is all he did. He did not do anything wrong. He didn't even bother risking with attacking Hamilton in the last 4 races. You know who did that always and won 4 titles?? Prost! Also, Lauda won 3 with more or less the same manner. Rosberg played the smart game, something Hamilton would have never pulled off.

All in all, Rosberg IS THE 2016 CHAMPION! He might have been the slowest champion ever, but also one of the smartest IMO. DEAL WITH IT!

For Nico, one World Title was enough, he proved what he needed to prove, to himself and anyone who doubted him. (Rush quote)

I like you Timotej! A fair assessment. There is only one thing that i wouldn't agree with you on... Rosberg was not a slow driver. Look throughout his whole F1 career, Rosberg was very good! Its just a shame that many people refuse to acknowledge it.
Claudio Lima
(Group Rookie - 138)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #197 posted Feb 26th 2020, 03:51:02 Quote 
I think that Nico won hard championship; But I don't say the same for Damon Hill
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Elite)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (7)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #198 posted Feb 26th 2020, 03:53:12 Quote 
Damon Hill should have won a hard championship in 1994, but Schumacher cheated him out of it.
Sagar Abhyankar
(Group Rookie - 13)

India 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (3)
Old post #199 posted Feb 26th 2020, 14:39:06 Quote 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ February 26th 2020,03:53:12 )

Damon Hill should have won a hard championship in 1994, but Schumacher cheated him out of it.

I disagree... Hill hit Schumacher.. Rest is History...

Hill tried to cheat and failed..... LOL

Schumacher had hardly 3-4 incidences in his long Elite Career... which is peanuts

Schumacher never cheated

Michael Franks
(Group Amateur - 65)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (9)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #200 posted Feb 26th 2020, 14:41:54 Quote 
Quote ( Sagar Abhyankar @ February 26th 2020,14:39:06 )

Schumacher never cheated

LOL
Dominik Karda
(Group Pro - 2)

Czech Republic 
Certified: 
Old post #201 posted Feb 26th 2020, 15:44:52 Quote 
Quote ( Sagar Abhyankar @ February 26th 2020,14:39:06 )

Schumacher had hardly 3-4 incidences in his long Elite Career... which is peanuts
Try to multiply it by 10 and we'll come close
Matthew Dunn
(Group Amateur - 50)

France 
Certified: 
Old post #202 posted Feb 26th 2020, 17:40:56 Quote 
To get back to the original point, i dont think rosberg is the worst ever f1 champion. He had some luck for sure, but at the end of the day bottas hasnt managed to do the same. I'm not sure who the worst f1 champion would be but rosberg was damn good as a driver. Im a big fan of button, mclaran fan boy, but i would rate rosbergs championship win higher than button 2009. The shift in 09 for the second half of season meant even though it was close at the end button didnt actually have to do much after first few races. I also dont think button is worst, he is my fave driver, but i think rosberg did better ao not worst for me
Bogdan Hutanu
(Group Pro - 19)

Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #203 posted Feb 26th 2020, 20:20:25 Quote 
Rosberg is the worst F1 champion ever. With only one win in 15 starts out of the 16 races of the season, and with a cat's whisker above 30% of the maximum possible points in that season, I'd say he's the worst.
Roy Mitchell
(Group Amateur - 88)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #204 posted Feb 26th 2020, 20:48:17 Quote 
I don't like Rosberg. He did the job, right?

He won the Formula 1 World Driver's Championship.

A strong driver that can win in Formula 1. That makes him 'special'... not the worst.
Stuart Foster
(Group Rookie - 141)

Wales 
Certified: 
Old post #205 posted Feb 26th 2020, 21:17:27 Quote 
Michael Schumacher in 1994 is still the worst champion of all time, in my book.
Riley Dunlop
(Group Master - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #206 posted Feb 26th 2020, 21:36:58 Quote 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ February 26th 2020,21:17:27 )

Michael Schumacher in 1994 is still the worst champion of all time, in my book.

I would say that in 1994 the right guy won the championship in the wrong way
Rodrigo Martins
(Group Amateur - 17)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #207 posted Feb 27th 2020, 00:10:51 Quote 
Quote ( Dave Sunderland @ January 27th 2020,20:56:08 )

Come on Man !
I am not his biggest fan ,, but he beats everybody around at the time,, and THAT IS ALL he can do !

2011 and 2012.
Plus, he never had a bad car in his entire life, so is quite easy to do good performances.
Roy Mitchell
(Group Amateur - 88)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #208 posted Feb 27th 2020, 02:06:54 Quote 
Come on! World Champion. One of twenty odd of the best drivers in the game.

Is he the 'best'? At the time, at 200 mph, he was. Can't take that away.
Daniel Douglas
(Group Amateur - 70)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #209 posted Feb 27th 2020, 07:22:55 Quote 
Well,

Considering his father Keke won by 5 points over a guy who missed the last five races (and would never race again due to his injury) and against a field where the vast majority of drivers had more retirements than finishes.... It's hard to say Nico was the worst F1 champion.

Michael Jones
(Group Pro - 25)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #210 posted Feb 27th 2020, 09:14:27 Quote 
Quote ( Rodrigo Martins @ February 27th 2020,00:10:51 )

Quote ( Dave Sunderland @ January 27th 2020,20:56:08 )

Come on Man !

2011 and 2012.
Plus, he never had a bad car in his entire life, so is quite easy to do good performances.

Didnt Hamiliton show Alonso how to drive the Mclaren.

When he joined Merc they were not the best car .

hes worked hard to get where he is especially his dad working 3 jobs to finance his karting days unlike some others whose fathers had deep pockets.
Page « 1 2 3 ... 6 [78 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Formula One forum > Is Nico Rosberg the worst F1 Workld Champion ever? YES! Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic