Page [12 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Driver Training! 53 replies
Rasmus Ruusunen
(Group Rookie - 139)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #1 posted Jul 9th 2019, 23:09:51 Quote 

Is there any page with the purpose of different training?

Rasmus Ruusunen
John Male
(Group Amateur - 50)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2 posted Jul 9th 2019, 23:13:04 Quote 
sent a link to your in box
Constantin Heller
(Group Amateur - 25)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #3 posted Jul 9th 2019, 23:14:51 (last edited Jul 9th 2019, 23:16:19 by Constantin Heller) Quote 
Not sure I understand. You can train your driver once per race, and you can select from the different types of training from the drop-down box, which will change different driver attributes, at /gb/TrainingSession.asp

You can also train your pit staff once you've upgraded your facilities, but I wouldn't suggest that in Rookie.

E: I now understand and am an idiot. I assume the PM cleared stuff up.

Generally, it's best to just try the different trainings while you're in Rookie, and make sure to write down your driver stats before and after. Perhaps try the trainings several times because they may not always have the exact same effect.
Jay De Snoo
(Group Pro - 11)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #4 posted Jul 9th 2019, 23:27:25 (last edited Jul 9th 2019, 23:29:30 by Jay De Snoo) Quote 
Quote ( Constantin Heller @ July 9th 2019,23:14:51 )

Generally, it's best to just try the different trainings while you're in Rookie, and make sure to write down your driver stats before and after. Perhaps try the trainings several times because they may not always have the exact same effect.

Although true, one should register driver change at each change any level... Which is A) after training and B) after race (which includes changes from testing). This is a data driven game after all...

@OP No, the effect of training is FOBY although some speak for itself.. John might have sent you some info but given his manager history (with all due respect) it can't be conclusive. However in rookie, ama and even pro (with the occasional exception of Spa perhaps) there's only 2 to consider; Yoga and Fitness.
Rasmus Ruusunen
(Group Rookie - 139)

Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #5 posted Jul 9th 2019, 23:31:49 Quote 
Okay, thanks for all helping me!

If you have more comments just come in!
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Group Pro - 1)

Mexico 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #6 posted Jul 10th 2019, 00:17:42 Quote 
Quote ( Jay De Snoo @ July 9th 2019,23:27:25 )

f.. John might have sent you some info but given his manager history (with all due respect) it can't be conclusive.

Or a link to one of the outside sites that carry such information which is not necessarily correct since the training results can vary with your driver stats and age.

Better for you to record them
Jerome Manzon
(Group Rookie - 108)

Philippines 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (5)
Old post #7 posted Jul 10th 2019, 01:39:35 (last edited Jul 10th 2019, 01:47:30 by Jerome Manzon) Quote 

However in rookie, ama and even pro (with the occasional exception of Spa perhaps) there's only 2 to consider; Yoga and Fitness.
F1 racing is a motorsport. So I train him with Sports psychologist. Sometimes Ninja training for self defense, for additional protection, after all I can't compete in the race without him.

Florencia Caro
(Group Pro - 18)

GPRO Crew
Argentina 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #8 posted Jul 10th 2019, 02:02:03 Quote 

with the occasional exception of Spa perhaps

Maybe for Pro (occasionally as you say), but at Rookie and Ama Spa should be a NONO, unless you are researching the effects of Spa training :). Using the CT risks that carry the need to use Spa is a sign of bad risk administration or poor driver choice.

Quote ( Jerome Manzon @ July 10th 2019,01:39:35 )

F1 racing is a motorsport

GPRO happens to be a Management game, not a motorsport.

Quote ( Jerome Manzon @ July 10th 2019,01:39:35 )

So I train him with Sports psychologist. Sometimes Ninja training for self defense, for additional protection, after all I can't compete in the race without him.

Don't forget to keep the Newbie forum as factually accurate as possible.
Daniel Mason
(Group Pro - 21)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #9 posted Jul 10th 2019, 07:32:33 Quote 
You heard her boys: keep jokes out of the newbie forum.
Giedrius Vitkauskas
(Group Rookie - 148)

Lithuania 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #10 posted Oct 4th 2020, 08:44:05 Quote 
Hello All,

Could you please give a list what training is for what skill ?

This is confusing :)
Daniel Douglas
(Group Pro - 23)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #11 posted Oct 4th 2020, 09:05:19 Quote 
Quote ( Giedrius Vitkauskas @ October 4th 2020,08:44:05 )

Hello All,

No, this was answered clearly above.
Zé Pedro Paula
(Group Amateur - 82)

Mozambique 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (6)
Old post #12 posted Oct 4th 2020, 09:48:51 (last edited Oct 4th 2020, 09:59:31 by Zé Pedro Paula) Quote 
Quote ( Constantin Heller @ July 9th 2019,23:14:51 )

You can also train your pit staff once you've upgraded your facilities, but I wouldn't suggest that in Rookie.

I would. Rookies are almost all ex-Amateurs. Just take a look at the staff of your opposition and wonder why are you at the bottom of the staff table.

Fresh out of Rookie.

Quote ( Florencia Caro @ July 10th 2019,02:02:03 )

GPRO happens to be a Management game, not a motorsport.

But it's motor racing.

"Do you like motor racing? If yes, then Grand Prix Racing Online is the game for you!"

I'm afraid that that's... "privileged information".
Daniel Douglas
(Group Pro - 23)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #13 posted Oct 4th 2020, 10:04:51 Quote 
Quote ( Zé Pedro Paula @ October 4th 2020,09:48:51 )

I would. Rookies are almost all ex-Amateurs. Just take a look at the staff of your opposition and wonder why are you at the bottom of the staff table.

Fresh out of Rookie.

Never thought i'd see the day where constant hell would be giving better advise than someone ..... too bad he is retired and won't see your reply to his message from over a year ago... perhaps he could have taught you something ;)

Quote ( Zé Pedro Paula @ October 4th 2020,09:48:51 )

But it's motor racing.

"Do you like motor racing? If yes, then Grand Prix Racing Online is the game for you!"

Its not motor racing .... its a game for people who like motor racing...... as flo states, a management game.
Zé Pedro Paula
(Group Amateur - 82)

Mozambique 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (3)
Old post #14 posted Oct 4th 2020, 13:36:15 Quote 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ October 4th 2020,10:04:51 )

Never thought i'd see the day where constant hell would be giving better advise than someone ..... too bad he is retired and won't see your reply to his message from over a year ago... perhaps he could have taught you something ;)

Sure he could have when he was a rookie ages ago. Exactly, it was so long ago that he's already retired. Out of date.

Guys who don't upgrade staff in rookie are all ex-Amateurs, or pros or masters. None is rookie. You're only rookie once.
MG van Rensburg
(Group Pro - 2)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Like this post (9)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #15 posted Oct 4th 2020, 18:26:57 Quote 
Quote ( Zé Pedro Paula @ October 4th 2020,13:36:15 )

Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ October 4th 2020,10:04:51 )

Sure he could have when he was a rookie ages ago. Exactly, it was so long ago that he's already retired. Out of date.

Guys who don't upgrade staff in rookie are all ex-Amateurs, or pros or masters. None is rookie. You're only rookie once.

You'd be better rewarded taking the time to listen to more experienced managers rather than telling them they wrong. But hey, you be you.
Zé Pedro Paula
(Group Amateur - 82)

Mozambique 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (6)
Old post #16 posted Oct 5th 2020, 08:50:33 Quote 
Quote ( MG van Rensburg @ October 4th 2020,18:26:57 )

You'd be better rewarded taking the time to listen to more experienced managers

You'd be better rewarded taking the time to read.

rather than telling them they wrong

I simply told what I would do instead.

But hey, you be you.

Always. All you experienced managers have been rookies ages ago. Nothing wrong. You just forgot and have no idea how is being a newbie rookie today. You show me rookies that promote without upgrading staff. Then I show 10 times more of who does upgrade.

Finally, I totally agree that an ex-Amateur/Pro/Master can promote from rookie with they bags full of tricks and without upgrading staff.

Ethan Littlejohns
(Group Elite)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #17 posted Oct 5th 2020, 12:41:12 (last edited Oct 5th 2020, 12:41:33 by Ethan Littlejohns) Quote 
Quote ( Zé Pedro Paula @ October 5th 2020,08:50:33 )

You just forgot and have no idea how is being a newbie rookie today.

You realise people don't forget what works in rookie just because they haven't been there in a while? That's like saying Usain Bolt wouldn't win a 200 metre race against 12 year olds because he hasn't been 12 in ages. :P

Quote ( Zé Pedro Paula @ October 5th 2020,08:50:33 )

You show me rookies that promote without upgrading staff. Then I show 10 times more of who does upgrade.

This also means nothing. For every manager who bids on a good driver in rookie, there are 10 who bid on awful 85OA drivers with ridiculous salaries. More managers doing something doesn't make it better, especially in lower tiers.

I also don't recommend upgrading S&F in rookie unless you a purposefully testing something out.

Mark Pinnick
(Group Amateur - 84)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #18 posted Oct 5th 2020, 13:11:00 Quote 
Quote ( Ethan Littlejohns @ October 5th 2020,12:41:12 )

I also don't recommend upgrading S&F in rookie unless you a purposefully testing something out.

With the exception of commercial, I agree. But I'd always upgrade commercial and get as many negotiations as possible underway. :)

Unless you're not planning to promote, in which case do whatever! ;)
MG van Rensburg
(Group Pro - 2)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Old post #19 posted Oct 5th 2020, 13:39:09 (last edited Oct 5th 2020, 13:40:26 by MG van Rensburg) Quote 
Always. All you experienced managers have been rookies ages ago. Nothing wrong. You just forgot and have no idea how is being a newbie rookie today. You show me rookies that promote without upgrading staff. Then I show 10 times more of who does upgrade.

Finally, I totally agree that an ex-Amateur/Pro/Master can promote from rookie with they bags full of tricks and without upgrading staff.

You do realise I was back in rookie all of 4 odd seasons ago.

Overspending is the single largest obstacle that most new and/or inexperienced managers stumble on causing them to struggle to retain when they leave rookie. The very thing you trying to push as being 'good' is actually one of the most common reasons why managers fail to retain when they get to amatuer. Spending their limited financial resources on things they should not be.
Casey Stoner
(Group Pro - 1)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #20 posted Oct 5th 2020, 14:10:17 Quote 

523)

ould you please give a list what training is for what skill ?

@Giedrius Vitkauskas (R148) you have done 523 races and being in 2 teams, and you dont know them yet?. :-(

Max Watson
(Group Pro - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #21 posted Oct 5th 2020, 14:35:19 Quote 

You realise people don't forget what works in rookie just because they haven't been there in a while?

My reading of ZPP’s comments here is that he doesn’t disagree with what is optimal, merely what a true rookie (someone who’s never been any higher) would actually do. It’s a debate about what constitutes a real rookie more than one about strategy.
Ethan Littlejohns
(Group Elite)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #22 posted Oct 5th 2020, 14:54:50 Quote 
Quote ( Max Watson @ October 5th 2020,14:35:19 )

You realise people don't forget what works in rookie just because they haven't been there in a while?

My reading of ZPP’s comments here is that he doesn’t disagree with what is optimal, merely what a true rookie (someone who’s never been any higher) would actually do. It’s a debate about what constitutes a real rookie more than one about strategy.

I didn't read it like that the first time, but I can see he may have meant it like that. Regardless, the way it's phrased is very misleading to new players in my opinion.

Quote ( Mark Pinnick @ October 5th 2020,13:11:00 )

With the exception of commercial, I agree.

Definitely, I forgot to put that :p
Alessandro Casagrande
(Group Master - 1)

Italy 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #23 posted Oct 5th 2020, 15:03:21 Quote 

With the exception of commercial

Why? I mean, what is the reason of this statement?
Daniel Douglas
(Group Pro - 23)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #24 posted Oct 5th 2020, 15:08:14 (last edited Oct 5th 2020, 15:13:31 by Daniel Douglas) Quote 
Quote ( Alessandro Casagrande @ October 5th 2020,15:03:21 )

With the exception of commercial

Why? I mean, what is the reason of this statement?

He meant that commercial facility is the only one he would suggest that a new manager upgrade, obviously.

Zip on the other hand is clearly indicating that experienced managers do not know what they are talking about.... because rookie managers are doing the opposite (upgrading facilities), which in his mind must mean that to compete you gotta upgrade facilities in rookie/ama

Oddly, it would not surprise me if he said he had higher facilities than me (with the exception of commercial).

Edit: in fact, looking at it.... it looks like the above statement is highly likely to be true

Wait for it guys: the conversation is about to go as follows
Zip: you have staff of 38 mine is 10 you are full of shit
Me: thanks for proving you don't know what you are talking about.
Frederik Broux
(Group Pro - 25)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #25 posted Oct 5th 2020, 15:15:24 Quote 

Quote ( Max Watson @ October 5th 2020,14:35:19 )

I don't like the term true rookies. In my opinion the rookie division can be the most frustrating division. As a new player it can be very hard to promote out of it because its filled with guys who prepared their driver in amateur to get a rocket start in Rookie, as well as super rookies who are just interested in getting as much statistics as they can in there.

People who get stuck in there and can't reach amateur in more then 3 season in a row can really get demotivated and leave the game because they have to start all over again every time. In my opinion it would be a good thing to give managers in rookie the choice if they want to promote to amateur at the end of the season. In my opinion this is still the place where the game begins. Rookie is more an introduction of the game where you can easily find out training effects of drivers.
Luke Frost
(Group Amateur - 88)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #26 posted Oct 5th 2020, 15:21:50 Quote 

Hello All,

@Michael Keeney (P24) curious to know what you think about this man with 524 races asking such a question :)

Ill reserve my opinion for later.

@Ze I like your attitude and I hope you will make some more progress with knowledge and in group ranking, but until you know for sure consider proving things 100% accurate with your own data first before advising others. Your success in rookie group could have been one of many things, test it all out and youll know. You have a good attitude and i reckon once you learn sll the secrets you'll be a force to be reckoned with. Good luck.

Btw dont get down about getting bad responses, it just means you may have ben wrong according to very experienced and successful managers. Go hard matey
Amitesh Patnaik
(Group Amateur - 52)

India 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #27 posted Oct 5th 2020, 15:32:06 Quote 
Quote ( Frederik Broux @ October 5th 2020,15:15:24 )

driver in amateur to get a rocket start in Rookie, as well as super rookies

I have barely seen this since S62 and every time I came to this game on and off, or even in my recent rookie seasons.

People who get stuck in there and can't reach amateur in more then 3 season in a row can really get demotivated and leave the game because they have to start all over again every time.

Completely agree!
It gets demotivating at first because the game can be very time consuming, especially when most people play games to relax rather than solve more problems than they already have in real-life.
But,
It feels equally rewarding when we get the first points, podium and win. Two sides of the same coin.

In my opinion it would be a good thing to give managers in rookie the choice if they want to promote to amateur at the end of the season.

Imho, this will actually create the so called super-rookies who will keep refusing to promote, while the newbies finishing in lower positions will promote to amateur prematurely, might get all the more frustrated and either demote right back or quit altogether.
Alessandro Casagrande
(Group Master - 1)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #28 posted Oct 5th 2020, 16:38:02 Quote 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ October 5th 2020,15:08:14 )

He meant that commercial facility is the only one he would suggest that a new manager upgrade, obviously.

Yes, I got that. My question is for which reason you would suggest a Rookie to increase Commercial Facility. This question may have more than one answer and one possible answer may be wrong. Increasing Commercial in Rookies may not have all the benefits one would suppose.
Daniel Douglas
(Group Pro - 23)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #29 posted Oct 5th 2020, 17:07:18 Quote 
Quote ( Alessandro Casagrande @ October 5th 2020,16:38:02 )

Yes, I got that. My question is for which reason you would suggest a Rookie to increase Commercial Facility. This question may have more than one answer and one possible answer may be wrong. Increasing Commercial in Rookies may not have all the benefits one would suppose.

I see where you are going, sorry haha.... I'll leave you to it.
Mark Pinnick
(Group Amateur - 84)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #30 posted Oct 6th 2020, 00:16:06 Quote 
Quote ( Alessandro Casagrande @ October 5th 2020,16:38:02 )

Well, I gave my reasoning in the post you quoted; you quoted a snippet without the reasoning and asked for reasoning. Seems odd behaviour, but whatever floats your boat.
Page [12 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic