Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Supporter Status Features and Advantages Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page [12 3 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Supporter Status Features and Advantages 78 replies
Patrick Paarhuis
(Group Amateur - 33)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (12)
Old post #1 posted Oct 30th 2019, 23:33:20 (last edited Oct 31st 2019, 00:17:50 by Florencia Caro) Quote 
why is it all about GPRO supporter
I fully understand that a game needs to be financed somehow but i've noticed of lately it's going very far (in my opinion to far)

what if your not a supporter because you just can't afford it to be supporter, but slowly you are forced to be a supporter to even do the basic things in this game....

finding a driver? well you can scroll through the list that is there but finding a suitable driver that way .... forget it, yes it goes faster but "hey you need to be Supporter to use to select the specifics"

oh i wanna have my car in my country flagg .... you need to be a supporter.

i want to change the color of a basic helmet... you need to be supporter.

i wanna see a replay of a race other then the last one i drove.... you need to be supporter

even to see the likes or dislikes cost you supporters ....

Hell even to get in to a decent team nowadays (i had a possibility to get into one).... you know what they ask you? .... to be supporter, but if you can't afford it ..... you're just scr***d

yes there are opportunities to get support without paying for it (by doing surveys) but not always a person have time to do these and it takes a long time until you get the points together to transfer these into money.

is this frustration..... yes in a way it is but its a small reminder aswell because the way this game goes, IMO it is being unfair against those who can't affort it (i am unfortunatly one of them)

again i fully understand that the server etc. need some kind of financing, but isn't it a bit to much.

give those a chance aswell who can't affort to be supporter and start rethinking for what you're asking GPRO supporter.

Mod edit: title for clarity, why? is certainly not very descriptive. See you on Friday ;D
Mehdi El Fathy
(Group Amateur - 62)

France 
Certified: 
Like this post (9)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2 posted Oct 30th 2019, 23:42:40 Quote 
Quote ( Patrick Paarhuis @ October 30th 2019,23:33:20 )

well you can scroll through the list that is there but finding a suitable driver that way .... forget it, yes it goes faster but "hey you need to be Supporter to use to select the specifics"

Download the .xls file and you'll have every driver in the market. You can filter drivers with a few criterias at the same time. And you've got that solution sorted.

Excel is love. Excel is life.
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Group Elite)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #3 posted Oct 30th 2019, 23:43:56 Quote 
You can download the excel sheet of the driver market and filter yourself.

Livery and the helmets are only cosmetics. I'm Turkish and my country doesn't even have its own livery.

Race replays are locked even for supporters. You need to pay for it even if you have a supporter status (correct me if I'm wrong). You can download your race analysis after every race for free though.

My team is currently recruiting and we don't ask for one to be a supporter. I'm sure there are other top teams around that don't ask for it either.
Patrick Paarhuis
(Group Amateur - 33)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #4 posted Oct 30th 2019, 23:47:35 (last edited Oct 30th 2019, 23:51:53 by Patrick Paarhuis) Quote 
Quote ( Mehdi El Fathy @ October 30th 2019,23:42:40 )

Download the .xls file and you'll have every driver in the market. You can filter drivers with a few criterias at the same time. And you've got that solution sorted.

you mean THIS excel sheet?
https://i.imgur.com/luyrpgG.jpg

and for the driver market.... i then can even take the time and look like i already do the whole time
it stays the same if i download it and then look through it or look it ingame, it doesn't change anything.

it doesn't give the ones without supporter an equal opportunity compared to those who can pay for it
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Elite)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #5 posted Oct 30th 2019, 23:48:52 Quote 
No, this one: /gb/GetMarketFile.asp?market=drivers&type=xls

Icons are at the top right of the market page.
Patrick Paarhuis
(Group Amateur - 33)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (4)
Old post #6 posted Oct 30th 2019, 23:53:36 (last edited Oct 30th 2019, 23:56:57 by Patrick Paarhuis) Quote 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ October 30th 2019,23:48:52 )

as already writen above it doesn't change the fact that the ones who can affort it has a huge advantage .... non-supporters need to plough through a piles of names and supporter just put in the specifics and has only 10 names left

and its not only the driver market it is about almost everthing in this game
Patryk Godowski
(Group Pro - 16)

Poland 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #7 posted Oct 30th 2019, 23:53:40 Quote 
Quote ( Patrick Paarhuis @ October 30th 2019,23:47:35 )

Quote ( Mehdi El Fathy @ October 30th 2019,23:42:40 )

you mean THIS excel sheet?
[img]https://i.imgur.com/luyrpgG.jpg[/img]

Rather this one:
/gb/GetMarketFile.asp?market=drivers&type=csv

I played recently in "Guns of Glory". It is REALLY play for win game. You have to pay at least 50euros par month to have some fun (that why I dont play it anymore)

Here you can pay 4 euros per month if you wish. You can live without it. Livery is just cosmetics.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Elite)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (8)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #8 posted Oct 30th 2019, 23:54:50 (last edited Oct 31st 2019, 00:04:48 by Jasper Coosemans) Quote 
Quote ( Patrick Paarhuis @ October 30th 2019,23:53:36 )

as already writen above it doesn't change the fact that the ones who can affort it has a huge advantage .... and its not only the driver market it is about almost everthing in this game

Try actually clicking my link. ;)

Edit: if you mean supporters have the filters on the market page itself... To be honest I literally never use them because they are so limited (can only filter by predefined ranges, like 150-199). I always use the Excel sheet.

You can also find free online tools where you can search the market using your own criteria. If you have an allergy for Excel, I recommend googling for those.
Patryk Godowski
(Group Pro - 16)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #9 posted Oct 30th 2019, 23:55:34 Quote 

Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ October 30th 2019,23:48:52 )

as already writen above it doesn't change the fact that the ones who can affort it has a huge advantage .... and its not only the driver market it is about almost everthing in this game

To be honest - There are NO advantage from being supporter. To be honest, I wish to have more tools as supporter.
Ken Neihart
(Group Master - 3)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (9)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #10 posted Oct 30th 2019, 23:56:23 Quote 
I want a Hennessey Venom F5 but guess what...I can't afford one.

I could see some of the things you mentioned be available to non-supporters, but no way everything. In order to promote supporters to finance the game you need to offer them way more than non-supporters, I don't know of a game that offers pay to play or supporter status by not offering them more.

Hope you don't get discouraged by this and stick around for awhile. There are plenty of good teams that don't require supporter status.

Best of luck in the game.

Miel Soeterbroek
(Group Master - 3)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (16)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #11 posted Oct 30th 2019, 23:58:46 Quote 
Supporter features give you mostly bells and whistles, decorative goo really.
Far from an unfair advantage.

Gpro is free to play, free to win. And in the current online gaming climate, that is an absolute delight if you ask me.
Robert Kearney
(Group Amateur - 90)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #12 posted Oct 31st 2019, 00:00:17 Quote 

drivers

sorry buddy, how does getting a helmet that you have to pay for an advantage ?
ditto a car in your country flag or a replay beyond the last race.

There is no advantage whatsoever in any of these.

i have been a GPRO supporter for 11 years. I have issues with it at times but I see it as supporting the game alone. It does not give any advantages that you speak of, it might make something’s easier, but that’s it.

I have no advantage on a non supporter in racing at all.

Patrick Paarhuis
(Group Amateur - 33)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (5)
Old post #13 posted Oct 31st 2019, 00:02:49 Quote 
Quote ( Ken Neihart @ October 30th 2019,23:56:23 )

I want a Hennessey Venom F5 but guess what...I can't afford one.

I could see some of the things you mentioned be available to non-supporters, but no way everything. In order to promote supporters to finance the game you need to offer them way more than non-supporters, I don't know of a game that offers pay to play or supporter status by not offering them more.

Hope you don't get discouraged by this and stick around for awhile. There are plenty of good teams that don't require supporter status.

Best of luck in the game.

that is comparing apples with oranges..... and till now i have stuck around (playing for over a year now, and i only had till S68 supporter) but after the latest experience i have my doubts if i play it any longer.

the "big" guys (supporter players) having a advantage in some things, teams are even telling you to be a supporter if you wanna join them ..... and for ppl like me, who can't affort it will always be in disadvantage in some way and i am not only talking about ingame advantages
Patrick Paarhuis
(Group Amateur - 33)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (5)
Old post #14 posted Oct 31st 2019, 00:04:44 Quote 
Quote ( Robert Kearney @ October 31st 2019,00:00:17 )

drivers

sorry buddy, how does getting a helmet that you have to pay for an advantage ?
ditto a car in your country flag or a replay beyond the last race.

There is no advantage whatsoever in any of these.

i have been a GPRO supporter for 11 years. I have issues with it at times but I see it as supporting the game alone. It does not give any advantages that you speak of, it might make something’s easier, but that’s it.

I have no advantage on a non supporter in racing at all.

then start playing without supporter if it gives you no advantages.....

funny by the way that only those react that has supporter
Kuba Szajbel
(Group Pro - 17)

Poland 
Certified: 
Like this post (7)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #15 posted Oct 31st 2019, 00:06:27 Quote 
I'm not, and you're speaking nonsense
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Group Elite)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #16 posted Oct 31st 2019, 00:06:41 Quote 
I reacted and I'm not a supporter.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Pro - 13)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #17 posted Oct 31st 2019, 00:07:18 Quote 

Quote ( Patrick Paarhuis @ October 30th 2019,23:47:35 )

and for the driver market.... i then can even take the time and look like i already do the whole time
it stays the same if i download it and then look through it or look it ingame, it doesn't change anything.

it doesn't give the ones without supporter an equal opportunity compared to those who can pay for it

Actually it does. You can do all kinds of sorting in excel, even more detailed ones than the supporters can in gpro.

This (as well some other of your stuff) is a perfect example of what supporter features give. In this case, supporters have the opportunity to make quick sortings in browser, but both supporters and non-supporters have the possibility to get the excel-file and do more in-depth comparisons.

The point of most supporter features is to make some tasks a bit less tedious, but don't really give any performance advantage

Dominik Karda
(Group Amateur - 75)

Czech Republic 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #18 posted Oct 31st 2019, 00:07:59 (last edited Oct 31st 2019, 00:08:52 by Dominik Karda) Quote 
Quote ( Patrick Paarhuis @ October 31st 2019,00:02:49 )

teams are even telling you to be a supporter if you wanna join them .....
I think teams like Victorious Secret and its sister teams recruit supporters mostly for the fact of supporting the game. Like Ken said, there are many good teams that do not require supporter status.

it will always be in disadvantage in some way and i am not only talking about ingame advantages
There's no ingame advantages to supporter except a few graphs etc. It's mostly stuff like longer friend lists, mailbox things so nothing serious

TL;DR - you can be as good in GPRO with it as without it.
Mehdi El Fathy
(Group Amateur - 62)

France 
Certified: 
Old post #19 posted Oct 31st 2019, 00:08:05 (last edited Oct 31st 2019, 00:09:47 by Mehdi El Fathy) Quote 

teams are even telling you to be a supporter if you wanna join them

Two reasons.
First is the access to an internal forum (which is useless if you use stuff like Discord).
Second is having access to a custom team livery. I mean, who doesn't want to race a sexy ass team livery. It's like flexing with a one-off FIFA card or showing everyone that iRacing livery you got from a pro-painter, costing you half a hundred and making you gain piss all.

But at least you can flex about it.
Patrick Paarhuis
(Group Amateur - 33)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #20 posted Oct 31st 2019, 00:10:40 Quote 
Quote ( Mehdi El Fathy @ October 31st 2019,00:08:05 )

teams are even telling you to be a supporter if you wanna join them

Two reasons.
First is the access to an internal forum (which can be rendered useless if you use stuff like Discord).
Second is having access to a custom team livery. I mean, who doesn't want to race a sexy ass team livery. It's like flexing with a one-off FIFA card or showing everyone that iRacing livery you got from a pro-painter, costing you half a hundred and making you gain piss all.

But at least you can flex about it.

😂👊🏼
Miel Soeterbroek
(Group Master - 3)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #21 posted Oct 31st 2019, 00:11:06 Quote 
Was it the Victorious recruitment post that sparked your little tantrum, Patrick?

Don't feel bad buddy, you're among many that haven't made it into their glorious little club.
We'll find support with each other.

You be my rock, i be yours. Cumbaya, and all that.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Pro - 13)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #22 posted Oct 31st 2019, 00:11:25 (last edited Oct 31st 2019, 00:12:42 by Mikko Heikkinen) Quote 
Quote ( Patrick Paarhuis @ October 31st 2019,00:04:44 )

then start playing without supporter if it gives you no advantages.....

NO.

And here's why: My being supporter has got nothing to do with supporter features.

and to answer the question, why then...

If you appreciate the time and effort the crew of Grand Prix Racing Online puts into improving and maintaining the game for you to play, please help us to carry on providing the game for you, by contributing some money to help towards our server, bandwidth and maintenance costs by becoming a GPRO supporter

Patrick Paarhuis
(Group Amateur - 33)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #23 posted Oct 31st 2019, 00:11:29 Quote 
Quote ( Ahmet Sonverdi @ October 31st 2019,00:06:41 )

true didn't looked at you profile at first
Patrick Paarhuis
(Group Amateur - 33)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #24 posted Oct 31st 2019, 00:12:41 Quote 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ October 31st 2019,00:11:25 )

Quote ( Patrick Paarhuis @ October 31st 2019,00:04:44

If you appreciate the time and effort the crew of Grand Prix Racing Online puts into improving and maintaining the game for you to play, please help us to carry on providing the game for you, by contributing some money to help towards our server, bandwidth and maintenance costs by becoming a GPRO supporter

and i already told in my opening post I UNDERSTAND why....
Patrick Paarhuis
(Group Amateur - 33)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #25 posted Oct 31st 2019, 00:15:10 Quote 
Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ October 31st 2019,00:11:06 )

Was it the Victorious recruitment post that sparked your little tantrum, Patrick?

Don't feel bad buddy, you're among many that haven't made it into their glorious little club.
We'll find support with each other.

You be my rock, i be yours. Cumbaya, and all that.

hahaha Miel lets sit and sing
🎶 kumbaya my lord, kumbaya🎶

Miel Soeterbroek
(Group Master - 3)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #26 posted Oct 31st 2019, 00:15:34 Quote 
Quote ( Patrick Paarhuis @ October 31st 2019,00:11:29 )

Quote ( Ahmet Sonverdi @ October 31st 2019,00:06:41 )

true didn't looked at you profile at first

His profile is supporter-only, sorry.
Jerome Manzon
(Group Amateur - 22)

Philippines 
Certified: 
Old post #27 posted Oct 31st 2019, 00:16:35 (last edited Oct 31st 2019, 00:21:10 by Jerome Manzon) Quote 
Quote ( Patrick Paarhuis @ October 30th 2019,23:33:20 )

oh i wanna have my car in my country flagg .... you need to be a supporter.

Man I feel you, but lemme tell you a secret, this is easy, download the excel sheet and then, PRESS Ctrl + Shift + L (for windows), if you use mac I think its gonna be ⌘ + Shift + R...and boom you can now sort the driver skills to your preference.

For your other complains, we actually can't do anything about it, good thing they are just minimal advantages and they don't affect anything in the GPRO mechanics, so whether they buy credits or not, their car character points nor game money won't increase.

But what I can do is maybe share a bit of my Credits to you so you can enjoy being a supporter again at least.

Edit: Sorry if that is not enough but that's all I can share for now.
Patryk Godowski
(Group Pro - 16)

Poland 
Certified: 
Like this post (17)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #28 posted Oct 31st 2019, 00:17:14 Quote 
One personal question. What is your monthly budget? One race cost is like 2 cigarettes or 0.1 of beer or 0.25 of scoop of ice cream or half of a condom (btw - I don't recommend to use half of a condom!)...
Jay De Snoo
(Group Amateur - 2)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #29 posted Oct 31st 2019, 00:19:23 Quote 
There is not a single thing of the core gameplay supporter has any advantage, perhaps the undo of a parts change but that's about it. Nothing that check double check can't do before hitting the button :)

Personally I don't mind cosmetics or a graph here and there I can (and do) easily make myself in a spreadsheet or who liked or disliked.

With or without being a supporter I download the driver market anyway when in search of a driver (or TD) and search in a spreadsheet. Far more simple and quick.

Same for race analysis; there is not a single one I didn't download (free). No need to see a replay of a race long gone, when you have summary for free anyway and I believe the race chart as well.

Etc etc.

Only thing I reckon is the advertising for helmets and stuff. No I don't want a halloween helmet. But like you said, they need some kind of income.

BTW I might be supporter now but that's because I won Max top 10 last season... Like you can't afford it right now. Bummer but that's the way it currently is. If I could I would be a supporter but only to support the game, not for any extra it provides (cause it hardly does)
Patrick Paarhuis
(Group Amateur - 33)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #30 posted Oct 31st 2019, 00:20:37 (last edited Oct 31st 2019, 00:25:51 by Patrick Paarhuis) Quote 
Quote ( Patryk Godowski @ October 31st 2019,00:17:14 )

One personal question. What is your monthly budget? One race cost is like 2 cigarettes or 0.1 of beer or 0.25 of scoop of ice cream or half of a condom (btw - I don't recommend to use half of a condom!)...

what my budget is, is none of your concern actually.... but it just enough to get by per month..... without having any extras

and to the one that sended me supporters, please DM me i want to give it back, i am not fishing here.

i just want to make it aware that i fully understand the supporter thing to maintain the server, etc. but it is frustrating when you have none and it seems like a disadvantage
Page [12 3 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Supporter Status Features and Advantages Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic