Page « 1 2 3 ... 10 [1112 ... 22 23 24 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: [F1] 2020 season 708 replies
Sudeep Pednekar
(Group Rookie - 163)

India 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #301 posted Jul 7th 2020, 16:48:30 Quote 
Yeah, looks like there's no place for Vettel on the grid now.
Renault better get ready for all the negative publicity they are gonna get for their engine ;)
Josh Clark
(Group Master - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #302 posted Jul 7th 2020, 17:04:32 Quote 

Quote ( Sudeep Pednekar @ July 7th 2020,16:48:30 )

Renault better get ready for all the negative publicity they are gonna get for their engine ;)

Exactly what my first thought was :D
Eugen Kovacs
(Group Amateur - 71)

Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #303 posted Jul 7th 2020, 18:03:06 (last edited Jul 7th 2020, 18:04:28 by Eugen Kovacs) Quote 
in lap 32 i had a [T]: The underbody of the car was damaged after your driver climbed too high on the kerbs.

Alltho, my underbody was in ok'ish condition. Even more mind blowing, this race was friday and may i remind you u it was Austria(same as F1)

Kudos to GPRO for the realism :D
Luke Frost
(Group Rookie - 11)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #304 posted Jul 8th 2020, 08:53:00 Quote 
I wonder if Vettel will move on to another series like LMP or Indycar or if he'll try to get a spot in a backmarker team?
Sudeep Pednekar
(Group Rookie - 163)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #305 posted Jul 8th 2020, 09:25:17 Quote 
Quote ( Lee Ifans @ July 7th 2020,15:46:48 )

This is awesome! What a lap from Lando.

https://twitter.com/TommyWTF1/status/1279851277258764295

Just saw this, did not know so much coaching was allowed. I feel like it should not be.
Sonny Long
(Group Rookie - 104)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #306 posted Jul 8th 2020, 10:36:43 Quote 

Quote ( Sudeep Pednekar @ July 7th 2020,16:48:30 )

Yeah, looks like there's no place for Vettel on the grid now.

Yeah, Vettel should probably try to use another series to keep him fit for a return if a option arises (such as Karthikeyan, used the NASCAR World Camping Series to keep him fit), but unlike Karthikeyan, Vettel probably won't be in a crappy car (such as Alfa Romeo and Williams) and will possibly go to Toro Rosso if Kvyat has a crap year
Sonny Long
(Group Rookie - 104)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #307 posted Jul 8th 2020, 10:37:37 Quote 
Also, well done to Alonso for going back to Renault - hope that Abiteoul snitch gets sacked, otherwise Renault is dead.
Luke Frost
(Group Rookie - 11)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #308 posted Jul 8th 2020, 15:35:32 (last edited Jul 8th 2020, 15:43:24 by Luke Frost) Quote 
Alonso is confirmed at Renault next year alongside Ocon :)

(by the way, does F1 broadcasting put the most annoying sounding people on for a reason or what? I know a lot of British guys and they don't sound like this)
Josh Clark
(Group Master - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #309 posted Jul 8th 2020, 17:29:19 Quote 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ July 8th 2020,15:35:32 )

(by the way, does F1 broadcasting put the most annoying sounding people on for a reason or what? I know a lot of British guys and they don't sound like this)

British broadcasting accent really bugs me too. I dunno what it is but when people get behind a camera and present something, or are narrating, or interviewing or whatever it is, they put on some ridiculous accents. One person that doesn't do it and talks like he would in any other conversation is Button.

Perfect example is Nicholas Crane from BBC's Coast. Sounds fine until you specifically listen to how he ends every one of his sentences when he's narrating or presenting, and then you can't unhear the dumb way he decides to speak :D
https://youtu.be/drGZKt_DzaQ?t=6
Lee Ifans
(Group Pro - 3)

Venezuela 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #310 posted Jul 8th 2020, 17:52:10 Quote 
Everyone sounds rubbish compared to Murray Walker.
Sudeep Pednekar
(Group Rookie - 163)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #311 posted Jul 8th 2020, 17:56:03 Quote 
The bbc Chequered flag podcast which has Jolyon Palmer, Jack Nicholls & Jennie Gow is decent tbh.
Sonny Long
(Group Rookie - 104)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #312 posted Jul 8th 2020, 21:38:25 Quote 
Quote ( Lee Ifans @ July 8th 2020,17:52:10 )

Everyone sounds rubbish compared to Murray Walker.

To be fair, (David) Croft and (Martin) Brundle sound decent, but the rest of them (except Murray Walker, obvs) sound like crap.
Samuel Arthur
(Group Rookie - 98)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #313 posted Jul 8th 2020, 23:20:00 Quote 

Quote ( Josh Clark @ July 8th 2020,17:29:19 )

British broadcasting accent really bugs me too. I dunno what it is but when people get behind a camera and present something, or are narrating, or interviewing or whatever it is, they put on some ridiculous accents. One person that doesn't do it and talks like he would in any other conversation is Button.

Personally I don't find it annoying at all and you do have to remember the F1 videos are going out to a worldwide audience and Will Buxton having an easier to understand accent will mean that people who speak other languages will be able to understand him better and will consume more F1 content because of it.
Also, I think it should matter more how good the presenter is at their job than if their accent sounds good or not.
Luke Frost
(Group Rookie - 11)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #314 posted Jul 9th 2020, 01:44:20 Quote 
I'm talking more about the voices than the accents. They sound like sissy boys. I work in construction industry in Australia which has a lot of British people from all over the island and I haven't met a single British person who sounds like Murray Walker, Martin Brundle, James Allen (ok there's 1 person I know who sounds like James Allen but I haven't met him in person) etc etc ... why do the f1 commentators have to sound so damn annoying like they've got a peg on their nose or had their voice box kicked in? It honestly makes you Brits like that if someone hasn't met you all in person. So annoying to hear the commentary sometimes. :D

But back to topic ... who thinks Alonso can get another podium before he has his last race?
Martti Kaasik
(Group Amateur - 1)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Old post #315 posted Jul 9th 2020, 07:25:31 Quote 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ July 9th 2020,01:44:20 )

who thinks Alonso can get another podium before he has his last race?
He sure has the skill and if renault can finish races it will be possible.
Sudeep Pednekar
(Group Rookie - 163)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #316 posted Jul 9th 2020, 08:33:25 Quote 
He might get a podium if there are 10 retirements like the last race. Renault are the 6th fastest team on the grid right now. Don't see that changing.
Stuart Foster
(Group Amateur - 49)

Wales 
Certified: 
Old post #317 posted Jul 9th 2020, 23:58:27 (last edited Jul 10th 2020, 00:00:26 by Stuart Foster) Quote 
Quote ( Sudeep Pednekar @ July 9th 2020,08:33:25 )

He might get a podium if there are 10 retirements like the last race

right on :)

I thought Alonso left the sport cos he felt he'd done - and achieved - all he could. If he thought he could do more, he should have stuck around cos McLaren would at least have given him a genuine chance of front end success next season. Coming back to re-join with Renault? I don't see why he'd find that exciting...and so I see he made some nostalgic tweets and stuff on social media. I feel this nostalgia will soon get washed out when he's racing in the same car that he took the piss out of Jolyon Palmer not that long ago and probably not achieving much better. Maybe Jolyon will have the last laugh and say "who is this guy?" :)

Roland Postle10
(Group Elite)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #318 posted Jul 10th 2020, 01:17:16 Quote 
He said he left because it'd gotten boring and predictable. Presumably with next year's rule changes he hopes it'll be more exciting, and he's probably missing it more than he thought he would anyway.

I really think he made his peace with not winning races during all those years at McLaren. As long as he gets into some decent midfield scraps and has a mostly reliable car he'll be happy enough, and there's always the outside chance he flouts his age, amazes everyone and ends up in a competitive car for 2022 or 23.
Daniel Douglas
(Group Master - 5)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #319 posted Jul 10th 2020, 03:30:37 (last edited Jul 10th 2020, 03:32:04 by Daniel Douglas) Quote 
Kinda thrown out the window.... but it occured to me that a really weird sequence of events were in the works.

Provided Alonso had not come back
If vettel had not found a drive for next year
Let's say Kimi retired after this season (fairly possible)
And hamilton won the championship this season (again fairly posskble)

In that scenerio.... Hamilton would be the only world champion starting the season next year?

Still fairly possible that hamilton and Alonso are only champs starting next year.
Josh Clark
(Group Master - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #320 posted Jul 10th 2020, 03:43:25 Quote 
Yeah with 5 championship-contending-class ferrari academy drivers coming through F2 this season, Kimi's and maybe even the Haas boys' days are numbered.
Daniel Douglas
(Group Master - 5)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #321 posted Jul 10th 2020, 03:59:44 Quote 

Quote ( Josh Clark @ July 10th 2020,03:43:25 )

Yeah with 5 championship-contending-class ferrari academy drivers coming through F2 this season, Kimi's and maybe even the Haas boys' days are numbered.

Agreed.

I actually think there'll be big shake ups over the next two seasons
Manuel Sacco
(Group Amateur - 34)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #322 posted Jul 10th 2020, 13:25:26 Quote 
Mugello officially joins F1 calendar with Tuscany Ferrari 1000 GP on September 13
Andrew Wilden
(Group Rookie - 146)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #323 posted Jul 10th 2020, 13:31:29 Quote 
The little "Pencil Neck", Horner has also said a definite "No" to a Vettel return to Red Bull.

ROFLMAO

Daniel Douglas
(Group Master - 5)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #324 posted Jul 10th 2020, 13:37:27 Quote 
Quote ( Andrew Wilden @ July 10th 2020,13:31:29 )

The little "Pencil Neck", Horner has also said a definite "No" to a Vettel return to Red Bull.

ROFLMAO

Well, to be fair..... would you want to bring in Vettel to a team where you already had a #1 driver?

Maybe they could sign him to toro rosso XD
Sam Wainwright
(Group Master - 2)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #325 posted Jul 10th 2020, 13:52:54 Quote 
In his current form would you want to bring him into any team?
Daniel Douglas
(Group Master - 5)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #326 posted Jul 10th 2020, 14:08:54 (last edited Jul 10th 2020, 14:11:13 by Daniel Douglas) Quote 
Quote ( Sam Wainwright @ July 10th 2020,13:52:54 )

In his current form would you want to bring him into any team?

Sure.

If I were a team manager I'd rather have him over:
Perez
Stroll
Kvyat
Gasly
Grosjean
Magnussen
Latifi

I can see where he wouldn't have a chance at racing point, even though that keeps coming up as an option (Perez is under contract and are they really going to fire the boss's son?).

If he were willing to take a significantly reduced salary for a 1 year contract and I were the team manager at Haas, toro rosso or williams I'd jump at the chance.

The press he would generate would be enough to make it worthwhile ... make the sponsors happy.
Luke Frost
(Group Rookie - 11)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #327 posted Jul 10th 2020, 15:16:30 (last edited Jul 10th 2020, 15:18:14 by Luke Frost) Quote 
If Vettel joined a mid-field team he would get his passion back as long as his expectations are to get close to podium to prove he can outperform the car. Put him in the mid-field for a few seasons, see if he can prove his legitimacy, then go from there.

2019 absolutely wrecked him. He got outperformed by a noob, he did a lot of questionable driving moves, and became the new Grosjean or Maldanado of F1 for a while. If he, for example, joins Alfa Romeo (stretch i know), knowing he will be happy with a few points, he'll start to get his passion back.

The question is WHY do drivers always fall the the same crap Ferrari say to them?
Sonny Long
(Group Rookie - 104)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #328 posted Jul 10th 2020, 15:30:12 Quote 

Quote ( Luke Frost @ July 10th 2020,15:16:30 )

If Vettel joined a mid-field team he would get his passion back as long as his expectations are to get close to podium to prove he can outperform the car. Put him in the mid-field for a few seasons, see if he can prove his legitimacy, then go from there.

2019 absolutely wrecked him. He got outperformed by a noob, he did a lot of questionable driving moves, and became the new Grosjean or Maldanado of F1 for a while. If he, for example, joins Alfa Romeo (stretch i know), knowing he will be happy with a few points, he'll start to get his passion back.

The question is WHY do drivers always fall the the same crap Ferrari say to them?

IKR, Raikkonen fell for the same crap when he join Alfa Romeo - could of joined Toro Rosso, but no, went for a team which is now proper crap cause they lost Leclerc.

James Berriman
(Group Master - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #329 posted Jul 10th 2020, 15:39:18 (last edited Jul 10th 2020, 15:46:27 by James Berriman) Quote 
Nah, 2019 just highlighted his shortfalls more severely, Vettel "was" a one trick pony..
pole position --> get out of drs in 2 laps --> win the race
for him to get 1 trophy was lucky.... 4 gets him mixed up with the best by default

he wont drive a midfield car because he lacks something when it comes to wheel to wheel combat,, most of those guys in DD's list would do better over a season, on average racing in the mid pack,, maybe money could make it work somewhere,, but I doubt it, he was on the slide well before 2019.

E: must say he has become a more likeable guy over recent seasons,, you can tell he is a nice family man.. even though I don't rate him, be nice if he got a decent seat again sometime, if he has the desire.
Samuel Arthur
(Group Rookie - 98)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #330 posted Jul 10th 2020, 17:05:44 Quote 

Quote ( Luke Frost @ July 10th 2020,15:16:30 )

I agree, Vettel has got increasingly worse in the past few seasons and you can see it from his mistakes. In 2018 many of them were from contact with other drivers like Hamilton at Monza and Riccarado at COTA but in 2019 mistakes came on his own like Bahrain and Monza and that mistake last weekend was the worse of them all for me.

Although, I think he can still comeback from these as maybe they we due to the pressure or that he wasn't happy in the more recent Ferrari car or with the team as a whole.

From 2010 - 2017 he was great winning 4 World Championships and bringing Ferrari from a car struggling for podiums to a championship contender, but now he needs a new start at a team which doesn't have the pressures of Ferrari and hopefully he can find that magic he had and prove people calling him a 'one trick pony' wrong.
Page « 1 2 3 ... 10 [1112 ... 22 23 24 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic