Page « 1 2 3 ... 22 [2324 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: [F1] 2020 season 708 replies
Josh Clark
(Group Elite)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #661 posted Dec 8th 2020, 19:47:04 Quote 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ December 8th 2020,19:42:24 )

Do you really think the stewards are watching TV during the race?

With the amount of people and the amount of screens they have in that room I would be extremely surprised if they didn't :P
Amitesh Patnaik
(Group Amateur - 52)

India 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #662 posted Dec 8th 2020, 19:47:41 Quote 
Leclerc's crash was similar to Illot's in the previous weekend. He was gonna get a grid drop irrespective of what he said on TV.
Sudeep Pednekar
(Group Rookie - 163)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #663 posted Dec 9th 2020, 11:59:16 Quote 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ December 8th 2020,19:42:24 )

Do you really think the stewards are watching TV during the race?

Since Ferrari submitted Karun Chandhok's "bulletproof" analysis as "video evidence" of why it should not have been a penalty for Vettel in Canada 2019, they probably don't leave any stone unturned. :P
Elkas Reindyras
(Group Rookie - 112)

Lithuania 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #664 posted Dec 9th 2020, 12:12:23 Quote 
I hope Sergio Perez gets a seat for next season. He's good driver and in fast car he can fight for podiums and wins. At the same time it's sad to see how Albon is struggling. Gasly and Kvyat got demoted to Torro Rosso (AlphaTauri now) and i have a feeling Albon will have no place to go if Red Bull dismiss him.
Finn Shaw-McIver
(Group Pro - 8)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #665 posted Dec 9th 2020, 12:38:33 Quote 
Mazepin should lose his seat, he posted a video of him seemingly sexually assaulting a drunk woman in his car. Haas are apparently dealing with it but surely when your motor is 'we race as one' you can't have him in the sport? He's also apparently blackmailed Russell into coming out as gay on his live stream. Surely not acceptable?
Michał Kożuchowski
(Group Rookie - 60)

Poland 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #666 posted Dec 9th 2020, 12:48:40 Quote 
Quote ( Finn Shaw-McIver @ December 9th 2020,12:38:33 )

Mazepin should lose his seat, he posted a video of him seemingly sexually assaulting a drunk woman in his car. Haas are apparently dealing with it but surely when your motor is 'we race as one' you can't have him in the sport? He's also apparently blackmailed Russell into coming out as gay on his live stream. Surely not acceptable?

he is a disgrace and mentally bankrupt people like him have no place in a uniting and inclusive sport like this. He took the seat not on merit, publicly threatened Russell to expose him as gay(doesn’t he have a girlfriend? Regardless it’s not Nikitas place to interfere at all) , is an awful human being, offered paddock access for nudes, groped and probably paid off the girl to say she is fine (her statement is shady, she doesn’t follow him on socials etc). Haas risks losing much more in sponsorship money and image having him as a driver. He is a dangerous racer (last F2 feature race he was trying to kill Drugovich), punched and injured Ilott before for ruining his lap in free practice, the list is long and disgusting. Him having a seat over Ilott, Hülkenberg or even Magnussen feels like a punch in the face.
Paul Bright
(Group Amateur - 10)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #667 posted Dec 9th 2020, 14:12:00 (last edited Dec 9th 2020, 14:14:59 by Paul Bright) Quote 
Taking money from an arrogant abuser to put him in a car above more deserving pay drivers makes the team complicit in his actions! Do they really think he won't use his "status" as an F1 driver to carry on his attacks?
Haas: Supporting abusers since 2020.

Quote ( Finn Shaw-McIver @ December 9th 2020,12:38:33 )

He's also apparently blackmailed Russell into coming out as gay on his live stream. Surely not acceptable?

Perhaps Mazepin should come out as a C***...oh...he already has!
Cameron Halsall
(Group Amateur - 25)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #668 posted Dec 9th 2020, 16:22:49 Quote 
On the Mazepin thing... whatever Haas decide to do with him, I will respect their decision. What I do not respect is social media creating a moral panic over his fate. People simply just can't help poking their noses into others' business, especially when it's not their money or their reputation on the line. Let the team come to a decision, and if they want to keep him, I say encourage him to change his ways ASAP. Might be able to get away with some of the stuff in the feeder categories, but not in the big league.
Paul Bright
(Group Amateur - 10)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #669 posted Dec 9th 2020, 16:44:17 Quote 
Quote ( Cameron Halsall @ December 9th 2020,16:22:49 )

What I do not respect is social media creating a moral panic over his fate. People simply just can't help poking their noses into others' business

When Mazepin has used social media to bully and boast about his sexual abuse he has already involved the internet community. There's no point whining now about people on the platform he has used to 'big himself up' who take exception to what he has done. Mazepin has made it everyone's business, no one forced him to post what he did.
Cameron Halsall
(Group Amateur - 25)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #670 posted Dec 9th 2020, 16:54:23 (last edited Dec 9th 2020, 17:01:04 by Cameron Halsall) Quote 
No one was forced to respond. Yeah if you're accused of doing something like that you're gonna get a lot of criticism, but really it's nobody's business to a) take matters into their own hands and b) suddenly become the world's HR office. Haas already has one of those. Especially given no decision has been made. Haas are conducting an investigation and that's all there is to it, I do not see why the whole internet's opinion is more important than theirs. It is absolutely despicable how people have been demanding that Haas drop him, especially given how some (but not all) of his conduct can be redeemed. If F1 wants to make a stand against hatred then they should be fighting outrage culture, no matter how serious people's contentions are. I don't think any team should be pressured into a decision by this collective, it has no place in sport, and no place in society. It's purely based on conjecture and not rationality.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Elite)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #671 posted Dec 9th 2020, 16:57:46 Quote 
Alright, everybody back to hitting like on cat videos, all other opinions are not welcome.
Peter Willmore
(Group Pro - 8)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #672 posted Dec 9th 2020, 17:02:50 Quote 
Quote ( Cameron Halsall @ December 9th 2020,16:54:23 )

No one was forced to respond.

He was not forced to post it to his Social media, by doing that he made it other people's business because it has been put into the public domain.
This is something they try to educate kids about.

People aren't becoming the world's HR office, just they are calling out his actions for what they are
Only HAas get to decide what happens next but they will also need to take into account if there sponsors and other parties involved with them want to be linked to him

Paul Bright
(Group Amateur - 10)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #673 posted Dec 9th 2020, 17:05:30 (last edited Dec 9th 2020, 17:21:39 by Paul Bright) Quote 

No one was forced to respond. Yeah if you're accused of doing something like that you're gonna get a lot of criticism, but really it's nobody's business to a) take matters into their own hands and b) suddenly become the world's HR office. Haas already has one of those.

You're losing sight of the fact that this was not an internal Haas issue. Really the only people who should be defending Mazepin or attacking the public response in any way are those who have Jeffrey Epstein in a leotard as their screen saver and think the sexual offenders register infringes the rights of perverts!
[EDIT: ...and he wasn't "accused" he posted a video of himself doing it and has admitted it :( ]
Finn Shaw-McIver
(Group Pro - 8)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Like this post (9)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #674 posted Dec 9th 2020, 17:20:34 Quote 

No one was forced to respond. Yeah if you're accused of doing something like that you're gonna get a lot of criticism, but really it's nobody's business to a) take matters into their own hands and b) suddenly become the world's HR office. Haas already has one of those. Especially given no decision has been made. Haas are conducting an investigation and that's all there is to it, I do not see why the whole internet's opinion is more important than theirs. It is absolutely despicable how people have been demanding that Haas drop him, especially given how some (but not all) of his conduct can be redeemed. If F1 wants to make a stand against hatred then they should be fighting outrage culture, no matter how serious people's contentions are. I don't think any team should be pressured into a decision by this collective, it has no place in sport, and no place in society. It's purely based on conjecture and not rationality.

You defending a billionaire's son for sexually assaulting someone is the least surprising thing I have ever read.
Daniel Douglas
(Group Master - 3)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #675 posted Dec 9th 2020, 17:40:40 Quote 
Mazepan should be booted... end of story.
Cameron Halsall
(Group Amateur - 25)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #676 posted Dec 9th 2020, 18:00:20 Quote 
Peter, read that post again - what was that in response to?

Paul, the only question that matters is whether Haas will keep him or drop him. Obviously this is not an internal matter, but he is their contracted driver. Nobody else has the right to demand he be dismissed apart from shareholders. And even Jefferey Epstein deserved his day in court, which of course he ironically got out of. All parties in public disputes have rights, and it is those rights I am willing to defend. That doesn't mean I condone his actions, OK? If it were me I would have dropped him simply because the only reason they hired him, sponsorship, is going to evaporate. But I'm not, so I can't.

Finn, I defend anyone on the basis their careers should not be decided by what people on the internet think.
Cameron Halsall
(Group Amateur - 25)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #677 posted Dec 9th 2020, 18:04:07 Quote 
If F1 wants to make a stand on discrimination and inclusion, they should 1) At the very least give Mazepin a reprimand and 2) take a stand against fans who think they have the moral authority to force Haas to dismiss him.
Finn Shaw-McIver
(Group Pro - 8)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #678 posted Dec 9th 2020, 18:06:59 (last edited Dec 9th 2020, 18:08:25 by Finn Shaw-McIver) Quote 
Cameron, if you did what Mazepin did you would instantly be sacked from your job and probably face criminal charges. That goes for sexual assault, blackmail and assault. Any on their own are sackable offences.
Michał Kożuchowski
(Group Rookie - 60)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #679 posted Dec 9th 2020, 18:07:35 Quote 
Quote ( Cameron Halsall @ December 9th 2020,16:22:49 )

On the Mazepin thing... whatever Haas decide to do with him, I will respect their decision. What I do not respect is social media creating a moral panic over his fate. People simply just can't help poking their noses into others' business, especially when it's not their money or their reputation on the line. Let the team come to a decision, and if they want to keep him, I say encourage him to change his ways ASAP. Might be able to get away with some of the stuff in the feeder categories, but not in the big league.

Of course we, as a F1 fan base, will be poking our noses in places we feel are wrong. After all it is only public outrage that can cause them to reevaluate their position. If we do not make it clear through the means we have that we are losing respect towards the organization hiring such people as their brand names, then they might think it is ok to keep him.
Like this is repeat behavior which all stands fully against the F1 and FIA standards, and we have the right to be upset that such a person, as it stands, has a seat in the sport. What they do is their business, but this is what social media is for - express emotions, which if expressed by enough people, has power.
Cameron Halsall
(Group Amateur - 25)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #680 posted Dec 9th 2020, 18:11:14 Quote 
Playing devil's advocate, but screenshots can be faked and a confession can be coerced. Just sayin'.
Cameron Halsall
(Group Amateur - 25)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #681 posted Dec 9th 2020, 18:13:16 Quote 
Quote ( Finn Shaw-McIver @ December 9th 2020,18:06:59 )

Cameron, if you did what Mazepin did you would instantly be sacked from your job and probably face criminal charges. That goes for sexual assault, blackmail and assault. Any on their own are sackable offences.

Yeah, and I think that's what Haas will probably do. So what's all the fuss about? If people are so confident he will be dropped why are they so angry? This has only been public knowledge for a matter of hours. There's no way Haas could have made a faster response. Why don't they have time to do an investigation and make a decision?
Ken Neihart
(Group Amateur - 6)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #682 posted Dec 9th 2020, 18:34:26 Quote 
Cameron, why is it you feel your opinion matters more than those that are outraged over these incidents? Do you not give others the same "RIGHTS" to speak their minds and give opinions? OR, are those only reserved for the certain few?
Lee Ifans
(Group Master - 3)

Venezuela 
Certified: 
Like this post (6)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #683 posted Dec 9th 2020, 18:37:44 Quote 

Defending someone for sexually abusing a drunk woman is a weird hill to die on.
Paul Bright
(Group Amateur - 10)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #684 posted Dec 9th 2020, 18:40:38 (last edited Dec 9th 2020, 18:41:02 by Paul Bright) Quote 
Quote ( Finn Shaw-McIver @ December 9th 2020,18:06:59 )

Think of England and Man City footballer Andy Johnson, lost his job and served prison time for consensual sexual contact with a girl he "thought" was overage but was actually less than a year underage!
The problem is that many comments calling everyone in F1 "trash" or similar have resulted from the Russians videos :(
Marcelo Ascencio
(Group Amateur - 28)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Old post #685 posted Dec 9th 2020, 19:04:31 Quote 
He posted it on social media, was he trying to brag that he grabs them by the hooters?

Now I realize he is the son of another billionaire.. so now is F1 a "money gives you talent"sport?
Darryl Kucmerowski
(Group Amateur - 88)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #686 posted Dec 9th 2020, 19:09:08 Quote 
Quote ( Marcelo Ascencio @ December 9th 2020,19:04:31 )

He posted it on social media, was he trying to brag that he grabs them by the hooters?

Now I realize he is the son of another billionaire.. so now is F1 a "money gives you talent"sport?

Now? This is not a new concept...
Marcelo Ascencio
(Group Amateur - 28)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Old post #687 posted Dec 9th 2020, 19:19:39 Quote 
I just noticed. it.. lol
Daniel Douglas
(Group Master - 3)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #688 posted Dec 9th 2020, 19:22:27 Quote 
Pay drivers were a whole lot more common in the past. So much so that a good majority of people used to have to pay their way into f1.

Even Nikki lauda paid for his first seat.

Darryl Kucmerowski
(Group Amateur - 88)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #689 posted Dec 9th 2020, 19:23:24 Quote 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ December 9th 2020,19:22:27 )

Pay drivers were a whole lot more common in the past. So much so that a good majority of people used to have to pay their way into f1.

Even Nikki lauda paid for his first seat.

Sure did! Crazy to think that but indeed... if you haven't watched Rush it's a pretty good movie IMO :)
Andre de Carvalho
(Group Amateur - 75)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #690 posted Dec 9th 2020, 19:30:07 Quote 
Quote ( Cameron Halsall @ December 9th 2020,18:11:14 )

Playing devil's advocate, but screenshots can be faked and a confession can be coerced. Just sayin'.

You took your red pill today already, Cam?

Page « 1 2 3 ... 22 [2324 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic